Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>VIEWED ME NOT A PAY FEATURE ANY      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Luv_dem_orioles
Msg: 259
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>VIEWED ME NOT A PAY FEATURE ANYMORE- POST HERE ONLY (other threads will be deleted)Page 12 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
I have not been able to see anything under viewed me. What is up with that
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 260
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>VIEWED ME NOT A PAY FEATURE ANYMORE- POST HERE ONLY (other threads will be deleted)
Posted: 6/1/2012 11:41:47 AM

I have not been able to see anything under viewed me. What is up with that

Because the data was re-set so until someone new views your profile you will not see anyone there.
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 261
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>VIEWED ME NOT A PAY FEATURE ANYMORE- POST HERE ONLY (other threads will be deleted)
Posted: 6/1/2012 2:59:45 PM

yep its back and ya gotta pay AGAIN, so much for being FREE, just have to go somewhere else !!!!

When you click Viewed Me are you getting asked to pay or when you click Click to sort users by the last date and time they viewed your profile?
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 262
Posted: 6/1/2012 3:06:12 PM

Yes its now asking you to PAY on a so called FREE website which is ridiculous!!!

Where is it asking you to pay?
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 263
Posted: 6/1/2012 3:14:57 PM
I'm ticked that I lost my viewed you history, but it's still free. Just have to wait and see when they clear the history again.
 ROBB69
Msg: 264
view profile
History
Posted: 6/3/2012 3:36:37 PM
If it is back up and running then where are they. This is BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 johnlvs2run
Msg: 265
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2012 5:08:51 PM
At least now I can see there's been only 1 viewer the past week.

That's better than thinking there were 15-30 or whatever, without that being the case.
 btmckee
Msg: 266
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2012 5:37:10 PM
Well the free viewed me feature was short lived. Once again another 100% free site is bending us over and slamming us with B.S. fee's! Really? Took it away, gave it back and now the big cheeses say screw them! Make them pay something so I can get a raise! And yes it is about more money in their pocket's and if you believe any different then you really haven't a clue about why this country is so screwed up!
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 267
Posted: 6/4/2012 5:56:36 PM
Well the free viewed me feature was short lived. Once again another 100% free site is bending us over and slamming us with B.S. fee's! Really?

The owner must have singled you out, because most are reporting that is it working fine.

Just checked mine, click on "Viewed Me" and was sent to the page with the people that have viewed me, no charge, all for free.
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 268
Posted: 6/4/2012 9:14:54 PM
It works fine for me I noticed that they erased the viewed me an meet me history a few days ago I have no problem in letting go of that stuff. Maybe they should look at erasing all the old forums as well to save on server space and then we could get a fresh start in dredging up old topics.
 PogoGem
Msg: 269
Posted: 6/7/2012 4:33:56 AM
My "viewed me" history has been gone for weeks now. Not very happy. Kinda hard to use the site and find my soul mate if I have no idea who's looked at my profile.
 Soul Union
Msg: 270
Posted: 6/7/2012 11:49:13 AM
Viewme is back, is it? Not for me. I clicked on who viewed me, and all I get is instructions on how to unlock it. In other words, you have to pay. I thought it was too good to be true.
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 271
Posted: 6/7/2012 1:35:21 PM
Viewme is back, is it? Not for me. I clicked on who viewed me, and all I get is instructions on how to unlock it. In other words, you have to pay. I thought it was too good to be true.

Are you sure you are only clicking on the "Viewed Me" and no also clicking on "Click to sort users by the last date and time they viewed your profile" once you get to the Viewed Me page?

If you click on "Viewed Me" and you do not see any users there, it is because no one has viewed your profile since the re-set.

The "Click to sort users by the last date and time they viewed your profile" is a pay to use feature and only an enhancement to the Viewed Me function.
 Hyundai98270
Msg: 272
Posted: 6/8/2012 6:09:05 AM
I have signed up for every free dating site there is and there is only 2 of them worth signing up for.
and PLENTYOFFISH that is the only options.. is way better then this site. Every time someone views your page it shows the date and date and the site is so much more advanced then this simple half way free site.. There is more people here, but I think that is only because more people don't know about .
If you can afford to keep a free site up and running, don't start one in the first place. Half the features on this website don't even work.. But no one gives a shit, no one will read your complaints and even if they see it is broken, they will not fix it unless 50,000 other complain about the same problem..

I found a girl from Myspace, so I don't need this site anymore :)
 Hyundai98270
Msg: 273
Posted: 6/8/2012 6:10:20 AM
ohkay Cuepidc heck my spelling as the real name is auto blocked haha
 Hyundai98270
Msg: 274
Posted: 6/8/2012 6:12:09 AM
If you can't afford to keep a free site up and running. miss spelled, cant edit, **** this place.. the name is auto blocked because if people know about it, they would all leave here
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 275
Posted: 6/8/2012 7:55:23 AM
I tried that other dating site you talked about and there were many features on that site that I liked better than this one. They do have significantly less members though and where I live that translates to even slimmer pickings than POF has to offer. I guess the solution to that is for everyone here to join up at Okay cupid. There is nothing stopping anyone from joining as many free sites as they choose to deal with.
 Hyundai98270
Msg: 276
Posted: 6/8/2012 4:01:23 PM
I meant as the makers of this website, if they can't afford it, they shouldn't start it. Instead of advertising it as the only free dating site.. They make it free to get all the people to come here and sign up, and then once they get a large amount of people here, they drop the bomb and then make you pay for everything. It's good advertising..

and there is not that many people on here.. I live next to Seattle and after about 15 pages, all the accounts after that have just been sitting there. The other dating site has profile that haven't been logged in since 2009.. same with this site. I seen profile on here that I first seen 2 years ago and they are still here and not been updated..
So a search will show 70 pages within 25 miles, but only 10 pages worth are actually active.

The guy to girl ratio is so bad here, it's very hard to find someone on here. So many girl delete their account because they have so many creeps messages them asking for sex.. I hear that from almost every girl I have talked to.
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 277
Posted: 6/8/2012 6:20:09 PM

The guy to girl ratio is so bad here,...

Unless you have access to the data base you have no idea what the girl to guy ratio is, nor is POF responsible for that as they have no real control over who signs up and what may be the demographic of an area where you may live.

...it's very hard to find someone on here...

There is nothing here that makes it hard, if anything it makes it significantly easier, by allowing you to filter and search and email, all for free.

The site serves no purpose but as a tool to meet people, some choose to use what is available to them while others will just complain about the tool.

Chances are the ones that just get on with it will be far more successful.
 Hyundai98270
Msg: 278
Posted: 6/8/2012 9:19:06 PM
what don't you quote the whole sentence instead of only pieces of it.. you quote and responses make t look like im talking about something different from what I was originally saying..

your responses are so idiotic, I'm not even gonna waste my time explaining myself to someone who can't understand full sentences..
would you like me to explain my whole detailed background history on this site just so you somewhat understand a little better? not gonna happen, but I'll let you pull little pieces of my sentence to entertain yourself with shit that doesn't even come together with what I was saying..
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 279
view profile
History
Posted: 6/9/2012 6:19:48 AM
This site makes a million dollars a month in revenue and 95% of that comes from ads and the free users on here make up for those ads so this site has no problem making money, you can read all about it doing a google search. But to get back to what i was saying is.... 95% of the people that make up this website are free users and all the ad revenues comes from those free users. and about 5% of revenue comes from paid users, but this site makes a hell of lot more money off of ad revenues with free users then paid users by far at this point. So the reason i take it why they started chargering for certain services is to try to gain even more revenue and the theory behind that train of thought is that if there was say even 30% of people paying for their membership on here, they would end up making more revenue off of paid users then free users with ads., which would be true cosidering a membership is 35 dollars for 3 months vs every ad hit is like 10 cents or something like that. Now the problem with that is, chipping away at free features and making people pay for them to pull them into a membership isn't working out so well so far as we saw with the huge blow up recently over the view me section that went from free to paid members only back to free again. So while i understand pof's theory at the same time it's not a theory that's going to hold up into what they want to have happen in the long run and it will just push a lot of people away and go to other free alternitive sites instead.
 Ed Bear
Msg: 280
view profile
History
Posted: 6/12/2012 11:24:45 PM
This is just SOOOO sleazy and weasely. What a way to treat people... "Sure, we know you're pissed we tried to charge for Viewed Me privileges. So you can have it free... but only for the last week! Nya-Nyahh!"

Who the heck is up there making these stupid ploys? It's like being surrounded by pickpockets instead of people.
ED BEAR

Really low-life scumbags. Seriously bad attitude.
 ready_4_fun_pns
Msg: 281
view profile
History
VIEWED ME NOT A PAY FEATURE ANYMORE- POST HERE ONLY (other threads will be deleted)
Posted: 6/13/2012 7:45:08 AM
VIEWED ME WHERE IS IT? GONE AGAIN 6/13/12............................................................................................................................................................................... PLENTY OF FISH FREE? I DON'T THINK SO. ADS ARE FINE WITH ME.
 ohenryx
Msg: 282
view profile
History
VIEWED ME NOT A PAY FEATURE ANYMORE- POST HERE ONLY (other threads will be deleted)
Posted: 6/13/2012 1:01:42 PM
I have to admit that I really dislike the unprofessional way this site is being run. As an IT professional, you simply do NOT experiment on your production system. And obviously, that is happening here. Over and over and over again.

Yesterday, I had more than a screen full in the Viewed Me. This morning, I had about 5 or 6. This afternoon, I am back up to 50 or 60 (but not as many as yesterday afternoon). What are they doing?
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 283
Posted: 6/14/2012 1:17:47 PM

IF VIEWED ME IS BACK why doesn't it work. I don't get pages like I used to...

You do not have pages or people like you use to, because POF has re-set the views, so the number of views to your profile are directly related to the number of people that have viewed your profile who are not doing it in stealth mode.

... I get a row of what 6 pictures and then tells me I have to upgrade...

The reason why you are being asked to upgrade is because you are clicking on "Click to sort users by the last date and time they viewed your profile" which is an upgrade feature.
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>VIEWED ME NOT A PAY FEATURE ANYMORE- POST HERE ONLY (other threads will be deleted)