Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>VIEWED ME NOT A PAY FEATURE ANY      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 FUNGIRLWANTED
Msg: 76
Free viewPage 4 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
Obviously people were not happy and those that stayed voiced their opinion on it. I think in the long run though what prompted the move was the amount of people who actually acted upon things and closed their profiles. In the first 10 pages of the initial forum that people voiced their opinions. There were 250 posts (Some may have been the same poster posting a second or third time in a few instances) and there were 21 profiles that were closed in those first 250 posts. That is 8% of posters and that number surely would have climbed in time had they not put the feature back up. At least they crunched the numbers and wised up sooner than later.
 ZXTTTT
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Free view
Posted: 3/20/2012 5:43:57 AM
POF is back, thanks for listening to us.
 Lionessx
Msg: 78
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>VIEWED ME NOT A PAY FEATURE ANYMORE- POST HERE ONLY (other threads will be deleted)
Posted: 3/20/2012 7:26:45 AM
Big Fish thank you very much!

Viewed Me Feature is a good feature to see who is looking at you!

Law of Attraction is a strong law next to personality.

Thank You Again Very Much!
 Winesmart97
Msg: 79
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>VIEWED ME NOT A PAY FEATURE ANYMORE- POST HERE ONLY (other threads will be deleted)
Posted: 3/20/2012 8:36:45 AM
Excellent! Thank you, admin, for listening to your users. We appreciate that feature and you for returning it as a free option. I'm thrilled!
 StarliteKisses
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 3/20/2012 9:21:22 AM
THANK YOU!!

My frustration level has dropped dramatically!!

HawkingJr
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Free view
Posted: 3/20/2012 9:56:07 AM
I agree with pretty much everyone who said, I'm thankful it's back, but why thank POF for fixing what they should never have broken to begin with? Not a note of apology or explanation for anything throughout the entire ordeal. And on a related note, I also agree with the guy who says "fixing" this does not excuse them from having better customer service in the future -- for paid or unpaid members. You can't really expect to treat this site's users like we're in a Soviet country and not expect a few of them to try to climb over The Wall.

On the other hand, the guy who said he had 60 new views during the 7 days of "Viewed Me Vacation" was a cold, wet slap in the face for me and just further proved how I'm in a completely different world from most men on this site. Admittedly, Los Angeles is a much bigger market, but it is in fact only 3x as big as mine, yet he got 20x as many views. The disparity should not really be that surprising considering his advantages (particularly as far as POF's searches are concerned), yet 60 views in a week, for a MALE, still seems like a mind-boggling total to me. As I approach my 5 year anniversary here (and 5 years of datelessness), I'm probably getting a little closer to that point of admitting it's not so much that the system is broken... it's mostly just me.
 PCaz
Msg: 82
Thanks
Posted: 3/20/2012 11:34:33 AM
Logged in to delete my account today and found that the site admins changed their minds on this feature. Good choice!
 Sunshine_Eternal
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 3/20/2012 12:13:19 PM
Thank you for listening to us! :) I guess I'm back. :)
 Wanderer877
Msg: 84
Posted: 3/20/2012 12:25:49 PM
I very much apperciate the return of this feature.
Thank you!
 Socalguy1962
Msg: 85
view profile
History
 james-murdock
Msg: 86
Free view
Posted: 3/20/2012 1:52:00 PM
there ads?
 Jerrid1980
Msg: 87
Thanks
Posted: 3/20/2012 3:56:30 PM

Logged in to delete my account today and found that the site admins changed their minds on this feature. Good choice!

Me too. Glad to see Markus can still listen to reason. I will stay for now.

Cheers, MArkus
 ZettaRose
Msg: 88
Posted: 3/20/2012 5:32:04 PM
Oh! THANK you!!! I am tremendously relieved. !!!
 TheNHLsAJoke
Msg: 89
Posted: 3/20/2012 5:56:18 PM
It's funny, a couple days after the feature was removed, the thread for that had like 4 times the ammount of posts compared to this one after it was put back to free....They'll whine about it, but won't say anything once they got their way. Spoiled brats...Thanks for reinstating it back to a free feature!
 Great59
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 3/20/2012 6:04:10 PM
WILD !
I just finished deleting all my pictures except one and was going to close my profile because today is the 20th. Then I clicked on VIEWED ME and it worked. Well strip my gears and call me shiftless ! It took over 64 pages of complaints to "Get 'ER Done"
THANKS FOR LISTENING !!!
 MixedChick
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 3/20/2012 6:22:55 PM
That's so wicked awesome that he listened to the up rising and changed it back. Hopefully it makes people realize there's power in numbers and you don't have to sit back and take whats handed to you.
We should see if we can get him to reinstate the read message feature!
OR
we can just say thanx and shut up lol

I would like the read feature back though :D
 RainbowAspect
Msg: 92
Posted: 3/20/2012 6:38:08 PM
Thanks for Listening POF
A good decision!
In the long term this a wish move and will keep you ahead of the game.
 Aglaeca
Msg: 93
Posted: 3/20/2012 7:26:59 PM
OUTSTANDING!!! Very wise choice...............Thank you
 Testin101
Msg: 94
Posted: 3/20/2012 8:17:20 PM
anyone can enter this forum by simply clicking the last posters name instead of the forum title, just an fyi. im assuming this area is supposed to be ONLY for volunteer mods, which i am not.

Anyone can enter this forum by ... just going to this forum. No trickery or backdoors needed. This forum is open to everyone with the purpose being to help users with questions.

Joga_Bonito
Msg: 95
Posted: 3/20/2012 8:30:10 PM
I was planning to get the premium membership but declined over all this. I think i'll consider it again
 kasandroid
Msg: 96
Posted: 3/20/2012 9:20:33 PM
Thank you BIG FISH for realizing how many Fishies can't afford soap and water, thus realizing how sad off some of us are to afford special fees to look at such prize-winning candy..............................I look forward to Skidrow and 1980's wannabes creeping out my profile again. It's important to keep my weight down by losing my appetite again.

TOMC16
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Posted: 3/20/2012 9:30:46 PM
thank you for keeping most of the site free!!!!!
 TaiChiJohn
Msg: 98
Posted: 3/20/2012 10:42:39 PM
I am glad to see that the "Viewed Me" feature is back and available to everyone. This feature was the reason I continued to sign in to "Plenty Of Fish": to see who might be interested in me; and then. I would continue on to look for people I might be interested in.
Without this feature being openly and freely available, POF becomes a little bit dysfunctional: that whole continuum of 'mutual attraction' just breaks down, and the online equivalent of eyes meeting disappears.

Now I am entirely sympathetic to the situation POF finds itself in; recently, there was an issue of an advertiser using an unauthorized photograph for promotional purposes and the situation reflected badly upon POF and its ideals, through no fault of POF.

As a photographer, I can certain attest to the fact that this is fast becoming the digital norm: any digital image it seems is now fair game to those who view the work of others as just another raw material to be used as they see fit.

As someone with a background in philosophy, I can empathize with the position POF finds itself in; because philosophers produce concepts and, one is not allowed to copyright a concept so in philosophy one accepts that either one does not get paid for what one does or one does nothing (the alternative being some sort of thought police but nobody wants that; or finding 'spin off' venues where concepts can be custom made for paying customers).

So that's the POF dilemma: doing the right thing because it needs to be done does not pay the bills or put food on the table; but on the other hand, not doing anything when one can make a difference is not an acceptable option to anyone with a basic grasp of personal ethics.

So let's all pause for a moment and realize that we are being given the benefit of cutting edge technology here as users of POF; but that any edge will cut in more than the intended direction so, we do need to view this situation with understanding and compassion and realize that the people behind POF are doing their best to provide something that we as users very much do want to see, but, that in doing so the people behind POF are in fact putting themselves into situations which can potentially spin about and hit them pretty hard.

Let's not forget how much we all appreciate this site, and the hard work that has gone into it; or that the reason behind this site is that some people realized that it was something which was needed, and, that those people stepped up to let all the rest of us reach out to each other without having to worry that we were being deceived by companies who sought to profit from the fact that very many were looking for a partner; and, to profit from that situation but having us pay to NOT meet someone special while thinking that perhaps we might!!!
 heathtown
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 3/20/2012 11:07:31 PM
And there was much rejoicing throughout the land. =D
 LuvinBeinSingle
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2012 4:10:08 AM
I just wanted to say 'thank you' for taking into consideration the thoughts of your users ... its a good feeling to know that what we say does not go unnoticed. :)
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>VIEWED ME NOT A PAY FEATURE ANYMORE- POST HERE ONLY (other threads will be deleted)