Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 CharminC
Msg: 143
View Me feature gonePage 5 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)

^^^^^ WRONG! The site cleared out the viewed me history. So you are starting over clear. It is STILL FREE. No one has viewed your profile in the last 45 minutes. (long sigh...)

QUIT PANICKING people. It is STILL FREE.

Cowboy

People people..... please read before posting!!
Again, to somewhat re-intinerate what Cowboy stated

It was re-set as of today, it is still free!
 StarliteKisses
Msg: 144
view profile
History
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>VIEWED ME NOT A PAY FEATURE ANYMORE- POST HERE ONLY (other threads will be deleted)
Posted: 5/30/2012 11:00:58 AM
It has been reset......it is NOT FREE!!! You need, once again, to upgrade if you want the Viewed Me section. Thats the message I get when I tried to check it out today...May 30, 2012.

You will never make people happy when you give them something free and then begin to charge for it........when its on a supposed FREE dating site!!!

Not to mention that all posts related have to be on this thread. ....with a misleading title.

Its just a matter of time.......this is going to be a PAY DATING SITE. You know we can all see it. ITS CALLED GREED!

So much for keeping the customer happy.................................
 leem1024
Msg: 145
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>VIEWED ME NOT A PAY FEATURE ANYMORE- POST HERE ONLY (other threads will be deleted)
Posted: 5/30/2012 11:41:28 AM
Make the "Viewed Me" function FREE AGAIN !!!
I know alot of other users think this way also.
If you don't, you will loose ALOT of them.
 kgeorge7
Msg: 146
view profile
History
Posted: 5/30/2012 11:42:41 AM
'Viewed me' may be back but the only entries showing for me are the views from today.
Are they going to restore all of the history?
Also not sure I am getting new messages
 mozart56
Msg: 148
view profile
History
Posted: 5/30/2012 11:55:13 AM
I am also only getting today's views. Everything else is gone.

I opened up an account the last time POF did this and am seriously considering dumping POF. Especially since so many other POF people are now on there too. Would be nice if POF went the way of MySpace because of their money-grubbing greed.
 mozart56
Msg: 149
view profile
History
Posted: 5/30/2012 11:56:12 AM
I guess oh kay que-pid is a banned word on POF now! :)
 babutz
Msg: 150
Posted: 5/30/2012 12:06:50 PM
Looks like "Viewed Me" is gone again. I went to another free site. Only came back when they brought it back as a free service. I guess it is BYE BYE POF once again. Found some very pretty ladies on the other site anyhow. You have a choice and I chose to goooooooooooooooooooo!
 Dataslayer
Msg: 151
Posted: 5/30/2012 12:12:37 PM
BULLSHIT....YOU ARE LYING....TIME TO DELETE MY PROFILE AS YOU GUYS A MONEY HUNGRY ****ING LEECHES
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 153
 RunningSteve
Msg: 154
view profile
History
Posted: 5/30/2012 12:36:16 PM
They haven't removed the feature, they've just deleted any previous viewings, as it were. I've got 5 people who've viewed me since (some of whom I recognise as having viewed me previously, one of whom I was chatting to yesterday).

The question I have is why have they cleared it out? Is there some reason I'm missing? Seems a bit weird to do it for no reason.
 Mike_1459
Msg: 156
Posted: 5/30/2012 12:53:04 PM
I have been watching the number of "Online Members" and since Markus decided to make the "Viewed Me" feature a pay feature, those numbers dropped. He brought this feature back as a free feature and some people came back. Now he's pulling the same crap again and I can see that a lot of people will delete their accounts again and not come back. Would you come back if you knew he was going to pull the same thing again? Me neither!
Nothing on this site ever changes except the fact that Marcus's greed factor jumps from time to time.
I have read a lot about this site from doing research, Marcus said he was sick of all the pay sites and created POF because of that. He said it would NEVER be a pay site. Looks like Marcus has what it takes to be a politician, he can lie like the best of them.
Do a little research.. He works on this site maybe an hour or so a day, often less and makes several million dollars a year JUST FROM ADVERTISING REVENUES! Obviously that's not good enough! He must be jealous that people like Zuckerberg are making more money than him.
Open your eyes Marcus, Facebook is free and Zuckerberg is making a s h i t ton of money!
I too have checked out some free dating sites since the last "greed" incident and they seem much more appealing and choice seems to be better as well.
It seems every so often things change a little bit on here and it's not to the users benefit.
Personally, I'd like to see everyone flip Marcus the bird and delete their accounts.
Maybe Marcus would learn a lesson not to bite the hands that feed him if he actually had to get a real job in order to survive instead of being the arrogant jerk I've read about, laughing at how little he has to do to maintain this site and reap SEVERAL millions a year as a result.
Personally, I would think that the revenues he makes from advertising would be more than enough for him to fuel whatever investments he must have which makes him even more money without trying to monetarily rape us.
I can't see any, but apparently some are saying only today's Viewed Me's are showing up.. well, if you ask me, he's testing the waters to see how many will get upset with this NEW change.
You would think, if he were smart, he would be trying to implement new FREE features that would draw in even more people giving him the power to raise advertising fees that would ultimately bring in even more money than he could get by trying to charge us.
 Mike_1459
Msg: 157
Posted: 5/30/2012 12:54:34 PM
Looks like he's even ripping off paying customers.. not surprised at all!
 johnlvs2run
Msg: 158
view profile
History
Posted: 5/30/2012 1:25:51 PM
The photos showing are not Viewed Me,
because new random photos show up every time the Viewed Me link is clicked.
 RunningSteve
Msg: 159
view profile
History
Posted: 5/30/2012 1:35:09 PM
The ones at the top won't be - before you've had 30 viewers (i.e. when you first sign up), that bit shows random profiles. After you have had 30 viewers, it shows those who have logged in most recently. As the list of viewers has been cleared out, it's acting as if you've had less than 30 viewers. Once you've had more than 30 since today, I'm guessing it'll go back to showing them.

The bit lower down is showing new viewers, sorted by when they first viewed your profile, the same as it did before. It's just that there aren't many (if any) in there at the moment. I've had a few today though, so it's definitely working.

Still don't understand why they did it, though - and hope they don't make it a regular thing.
 Leanne64
Msg: 160
Posted: 5/30/2012 1:41:06 PM
we dont mind the adds please keep it the way it was the view fiture should be left alone why are you trying to be like the rest of the date sights were we have to pay keep this sight free please this is one of the only sight around that was still all free when i come on here i dont really look at the adds and i dont mind them being here
 RunningSteve
Msg: 161
view profile
History
Posted: 5/30/2012 1:47:01 PM
It's still free - give it a few hours and you'll start seeing people visiting, I'm sure. They've just removed the list of people who've visited before today for some reason.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 163
Posted: 5/30/2012 1:58:12 PM
It looks like they deleted all past views and reset so only views from today forward show...lol...no biggie.
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 164
Posted: 5/30/2012 2:09:38 PM

I'm paid up till September.., Why are my "Viewed Me" all gone?!{/quote]

This answered my question, even the Paid members lost their viewed me history.
 likestoshoot1
Msg: 167
Posted: 5/30/2012 3:37:40 PM
Well they took it off again and want to be paid to be able to access it...
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 168
Posted: 5/30/2012 3:47:33 PM

Well they took it off again and want to be paid to be able to access it..

So when you attempt to access the "Viewed Me" page you are re-directed to a billing page?

Because fine is working fine.
 RunningSteve
Msg: 169
view profile
History
Posted: 5/30/2012 3:53:29 PM
Mine appears to have been reset again. What the hell are they playing at?
 Genuine_Gentleman_For_You
Msg: 170
Posted: 5/30/2012 4:05:29 PM
It's amazing how many people just didn't read the other posts where it had been stated over and over again, that this feature is still free. It has only been re-set. If people had read those posts in the first place, they wouldn't have gone into a frenzy for nothing. Relax!
 Socalguy1962
Msg: 172
view profile
History
Posted: 5/30/2012 4:17:25 PM
When i check "Viewed Me", I have the one row of users that are currently online, okay great. But below that when i go to see all the Users Who Have Viewed Me and it says "Upgrade Your Membership to unlock this feature".

How is that free?
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 173
Posted: 5/30/2012 4:19:58 PM

But below that when i go to see all the Users Who Have Viewed Me and it says "Upgrade Your Membership to unlock this feature".

Are you clicking on this:

Click to sort users by the last date and time they viewed your profile

If not, what does the text say that you are clicking on?
 xoxoxox33
Msg: 175
view profile
History
Posted: 5/30/2012 4:43:19 PM
NovSieFox, actually it's not free anymore.

It shows four profile user photos and when you click on the link to sort users by the last date & time they viewed your profile the page says, "UNLOCK THIS FEATURE" then, "To see the last date and time that someone viewed your profile you need to have an Upgraded Membership. "
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  >