Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Casper66
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Funniest first meeting/ datePage 6 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Was talking to this nice guy off POF, he was long distance but he had come into town to see family so we decided to meet up for a date. We went out and had a great time, so when the date ended and he went to kiss me goodnight, I burped/bulched in his mouth. We just froze with our lips touching then started to laugh, I was so embarressed but I all I could do was laugh, thankfully he had a good sense of humour about it and we still talk and get together when he is in the city.
 rockondon
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Funniest first meeting/ date
Posted: 6/14/2012 4:24:37 PM
I was having a terrific date that stretched on into the night. It was about 11pm and we were having a moonlit walk along the shoreline of a local river. We were walking along a bank that sloped down to the water, then leveled off for a couple feet, then there was water. The part that levelled off was a shelf of land covered in sticks that was flat, a couple feet wide, and looked easy to walk on. My date decided to hope from the bank onto this narrow shelf of land and then....
...disappeared?!

The 'land' was actually sticks and debris floating on the water. She barely made a sound as she completely disappeared under the water. I blindly reached into the water, grabbed some random part of her anatomy, and yanked her out of there. I gave her my coat to wear but yeah, not a great way to end a date.
 Womac911
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 6/17/2012 12:50:13 AM

Honestly, I didn't stick around long enough to find out. Mind you, we had been making out before she stopped and took out the fangs.

Years and years ago, I used to be one of the few people in the country that made those, short of profession movie make-up artists. Made of dental acrylics, custom fit to each individual. I'd made them for people for all walks of life, and it was quite lucrative. Mostly though, I did them for Halloween and Sci-Fi groups/Larp players.
I retired in 2000, after working the Halloween month at a local Gothic Statuary store. A girl had flown all the way from Manitoba, Canada, to Seattle to get some made. A couple days later, she'd returned, having broke one. I repaired it at no charge.
Before I knew it, her lips were planted squarely on mine, with no polite escape possible, having been sitting in a corner. It caused a bit of a problem with the girl I was with, who I later married in 2003.

After almost ten years at it, I retired after that, never making them again.

Google "Teeth By D'Nash" to see something similar.
 vestaceres
Msg: 30
Posted: 6/17/2012 3:36:42 AM
A sadly uneducated man well in his early sixties behaving like a 20 something boy.
 Womac911
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 6/19/2012 12:19:30 PM

D: The memories...AHHHHHH lol

Yeah, they were exactly like those...fitted...individual...scary...

There are, to put it politely, "other" things that can be done as well. Mind you, it's been quite a long time...but it's incredibly intense, if you know what I mean. MUCH more.

Ya only live once! lol

The best thing for me while I made them, though, was meeting 1000's of people from everywhere, and getting to talk to them for the hour or so it took.
 SavoyFaire
Msg: 36
Posted: 6/20/2012 6:55:24 PM
I had a woman show up wearing 2 different color & style of shoes on each foot. She was totally embarrassed but, it didn't ruin the date. She had a good sense of humor about it. Besides, I told her I once did the same thing before heading to a job interview.
 mike215215
Msg: 39
Posted: 7/11/2012 2:04:44 AM
if they had popped out.... it would have been a tad more embarassing.... milk with your coffee???

Run for dah hills!
 mike215215
Msg: 40
Posted: 7/11/2012 2:06:32 AM
I guess he was afraid that you were a liability... accident prone that is!
 grove_22
Msg: 42
Posted: 8/19/2012 11:50:36 AM
Technically, this date never happened. But one time I was supposed to meet a woman at a restaurant / bar. I was there on time and was up front in the waiting area for about 20 minutes. Since I didn't see her, I went to the bar section and had a drink and an appetizer. I left this place almost a hour after the original meeting time.

When I got home, I got an email from her accusing me of not showing up. She claimed she was there for about 30 minutes. WTF? I didn't use old or deceptive photos. I was in an area of this place where she should have seen me. It is possible that she showed up and didn't stay that long. But this is the first and only time I have been accused of not showing up on a date.
 mike215215
Msg: 43
Posted: 8/26/2012 12:51:24 AM

I trip over the pot, fly through the air and land in the bushes face first!! I'm completely covered in mulch!! I'm laughing my ass off thinking about how funny this must have looked to him. He's not laughing! I don't know how he kept from laughing! On my way home I realize my thumb is sprained and two toes are broken. Never heard from him again

he probably was convinced that you were a liability by being accident prone! (even if you aren't) LOL

I have a similar story!

I once went to a former playboy bunny's house (I thought I had scored and made sure I do not screw anything up) and brought dinner over... she welcomed me at the door, I walked in.... and did not see the 1 step up on the pale grey marble floor about 5 feet from the door.. so I tripped forward with both of my hands with 2 bags in each hands. I made a run forward for 8-10 steps and I avoided to trip, and did not break the bottle of wine I had, but I surely made a fool of myself! I thought .... shit it's over! (now I think she should have been impressed of my saving ability)

We had dinner.... and that was it! she wanted to remain friends and go out to drink with me sometimes... and be my "wing girl" she said! how nice of her! But she never delivered!

LOLOL

ravenhair4u
Msg: 45
Posted: 9/1/2012 8:08:37 PM
I was on my way to a meet with a guy from a different site, a few years ago. He claimed he looked exactly like Charlie Sheen. He didn't. But I went to meet him even though he was a bit delusional as far as his looks were concerned.
As I was driving, we were talking on the phone, as I was unsure of the exact location of the bar & I don't normally drive into the city. I could hear him repeatedly straining as he was talking. I asked, "Is everything ok?" He said he was a fine, but did I mind if he made a bowel movement?
I turned my car around & went home. I never spoke to him again.
 not_single_x
Msg: 46
Posted: 9/20/2012 7:10:47 PM
chelmsfordian: Second date,she decided we'd go ice skating.
After going round in circles for half an hour i tripped over and broke my arm in three places,she decided that she didn't want to see me again after that.

She didn't want to see you again, but it had nothing to do with the broken arm.

In fact, I highly doubt it was an accident.

There are lots of ways to end a bad date.
 ravenhair4u
Msg: 47
Posted: 9/22/2012 3:35:23 PM
Back in my biker days, I met a fellow biker who asked me if I'd like to go to out to a fest. I said yes. We got there, it was a street fest, but he said he wanted to meet his older brother & his friend who were having dinner at a Mexcican resturant. I didn't feel comfortable interupting their dnner, but they were very nice, greeted us & we sat down.
My date never asked me if I wanted anything. He didn't offer me even an appetizer. His brother's friend only finished half of his meal, & asked my date if he wanted to finish his dinner. To my horror, my date began eating off of his plate, using the same fork the guy ate off of, which I found to be disgusting, unhealthy & repulsive. He ate the dinner, then took the salsa, there to dip the chips in drank it right out of the container, & after he emptied it, he turned it over & dumped it upside down onto his plate.
I watched in horror & disgust. His lack of manners left me speechless. I made a comment that the least he could have done is ask for a clean fork, but he couldn't grasp how repulsive that is, & eating off the other guys fork didn't bother him at all. His brother offered me his left overs, & pushed his plate towards me with his fork on the plate. I declined.
Some ppl have no manners, & sharing utensils is sick & disgusting & a big no no with me.
 BlokeInSydney
Msg: 49
Posted: 9/22/2012 8:07:07 PM

For whatever reason the moment struck us both and we kissed. She then turned around after kissing and passed out completely. She was unconcious for a few minutes while someone at the bar called 911. Long story short, I followed the ambulence to the hospital. In the room she told me that she passes out like that about once a month. We never went out again.....mostly because I think she was terribly embarassed.

That was one hell of a swoon! lol
 greenIsis777
Msg: 50
Posted: 10/9/2012 5:47:16 PM

I chatted with a woman online a few years back. She had no picture but a great profile & essay. Her emails were so elegant & poetic & always ended with the phrase "take a chance". I was intrigued & so I did.

Well Walt Disney's biggest fan showed up. Micky Mouse light up sneakers, Goofy jacket, Donald baseball cap, light up Minnie Mouse suspenders & a Pluto sweatshirt. She told me she was great at telling jokes too & had a long list of them printed out.

I sensed she had a few screws loose but politely stayed & chatted over lunch & told her I didn't feel any chemistry before leaving. Thankfully she was accepting of it. I don't meet women site unseen anymore because of this.

some of these are really funny but this one takes the cake! I can picture her in every detail as you've described. In fact when I need a good laugh I am going to picture this! :D
 loremusic
Msg: 51
Posted: 10/11/2012 9:24:52 AM
I must preface this story by stating that I live in a very rural area. It's a half hour drive to go grocery shopping,
so imagine how difficult "dating" is. Add to that the fact that at the time I was pretty "lonely".

First meet was at a nice little restaurant halfway between our towns. Looks as advertised, good conversation (despite his two cells phones interrupting much of it). His telling me that he was dating a couple of people didn't put me off, as I appreciate "honesty". Red flag number two was his tongue going for it at our goodbye kiss.

Sooo, two red flags not being enough for me at the time, I agreed to an actual date. This time I drove the two hours to his home. Yes, we hooked-up. Not bad overall, and something I needed at the time. A little light lunch and a tour of his workplace (a campaign office), then me offering to take a stack of political posters back to my neck-o-the-woods.

Two weeks later I read on FB that he is engaged. The punchline? She looked a lot like me. Seriously? If you're going to sow your wild oats, shouldn't your fling be as different as possible from your intended?
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >