Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Erasable Mitt Romney in 2012      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Balsamica
Msg: 26
Erasable Mitt Romney in 2012Page 2 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
I am in Mass. and Romney was HATED here, if that is any indication of anything.
 BalderDog2
Msg: 27
Erasable Mitt Romney in 2012
Posted: 3/23/2012 10:26:27 PM
I don't watch Rachel Maddow, but after finding this tonight, I think I might start. The video gets very good about halfway in, but it's worth watching the whole thing.

All about Romney's Lies. Maddow lets Romney have it. Very amusing:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/22/rachel-maddow-mitt-romney-lies_n_1372408.html#s800815&title=On_The_Upswing
 Casper66
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2012 3:41:15 AM
Romney reminds of a slick used car salesman, they will say anything to make a sale and Romney will say anything to get the Republican nomination and potentially the presidency. Politicians lie all the time to get a majority vote, then do what they want when they get into office, they make all kinds of promises, Romney will be indebted to all the rich contributors to his very expense campaign run, so if he gets in, regular citizens will not be a priority, his rich associates will.
 BalderDog2
Msg: 29
Posted: 3/25/2012 9:34:09 PM

...but I absolutely refuse to vote for the lesser of 2 evils yet again.

Why? If you think one choice is bad and the other is worse, wouldn't you want to have the bad rather than the worse?

A vote for Ron Paul is a wasted vote.
 Bladesmith81801
Msg: 30
Posted: 3/26/2012 7:48:52 AM
Except Ron Paul is a fake Libertarian, and as biased and hateful as any GOP'er.

Don't buy into his veneer.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2012 3:39:47 AM
Obviously, it was deleted for some reason. Could have been redundant, could have been too filled with vituperative nonsense that only deletion was appropriate.

For certain, inserting yourself into another thread to ask about a deleted one, is breaking the rules as well, and if you keep it up, you might lose your posting privileges.
 matchlight
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2012 8:12:43 AM

USA is going to martial law reguardless of who is in charge after Nov 11th

The hell you say. I'm pretty ignorant about these things--can you explain just what martial law is, and how we get it?
 hoopsnhikes
Msg: 33
Posted: 8/30/2012 4:23:27 PM

what happened on my Ron Paul / Mittens Romney thread on Tuesday? i made a post about the GNR convention & now it's gone. what gives?

The moderators probably assumed that the people of Louisiana might not appreciate your claim that the hurricane that was about to hit them didn't really exist. Either that, or they figured there were already enough Romney threads kicking around.

Obviously i posted something that set of a firestorm and didnt get to read what caused it.

Well yeah, obviously. That is, if your definition of a "firestorm" is one response mocking your creative story telling, then yes, it set off a firestorm. As that was all that I had seen before it got zapped.
 OyVay...
Msg: 34
Posted: 8/30/2012 5:52:48 PM
Oh lordy....we have guilotines and coffins...but NOT just coffins but FEMA coffins!

Then we have a rewrite on financial history! Sorry, JPMorgan didn't absorb Lehman Bros, they went out of business, JPM absorbed Bear Stearns...

BUT what I really want to know is about Stanley Morgan? Does he live at the corner of Elm and Front street? I think I know him! He is the guy who wears the shoes and is a shortish tall guy, a little overweight while appearing very slim, is that the guy? Don't let him fall, he might be drunk and hurt his head!
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 35
Posted: 8/31/2012 5:52:10 PM

RNC 2012 - The Road to Jeb Bush 2016 - Mitt Romney: A Human Being Who Built That
Thursday August 30, 2012

USA Viewers:
http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-august-30-2012/rnc-2012---the-road-to-jeb-bush-2016---mitt-romney--a-human-who-built-that

Can Viewers:
http://watch.thecomedynetwork.ca/the-daily-show-with-jon-stewart/full-episodes/the-daily-show-with-jon-stewart---august-30-2012/#clip751293
 QueenBeeSweetness
Msg: 36
Posted: 8/31/2012 6:54:44 PM
I dont like Romney at all, but I feel Obama has let the country down, and done a whole lot of nothing.
I drank the Obama kool-aid in the beginning. He seemed straight out of a fairy-tale, ready to restore America to what is is supposed to be, in my eyes anyways. Healthy economy, troops being brought home, happy citizens with their nayional pride restored, healthcare, womens and minorities rights, everyone having the chance for a good education, the chance to prosper in business, employment and economic opportunity abounding, more social services for the needy, everyone being able to have their own little piece of whatever their American dream is........ Not impressed with him anymore.

They say vote for the lesser of 2 evils? I can not decide which is the lesser.....
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 37
Posted: 8/31/2012 7:09:23 PM
I can't vote for Romney.
He wants to abolish my social security.
That is the Republican plan for anyone under 55.
:-(
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 8/31/2012 9:20:20 PM
Obama has proven to be a dud when dealing with 'the issue'....the economy. On foreign policy and social issues , he's been ok.

As the debt approaches 16 trillion he has no plan...hasn't got the leadership skills to get anything meaningful through Congress. I suppose the American people have to decide if coasting along is the best they can expect and just accept that the cookie jar is full of IOUs and all government spending is going to be reduced dramatically by default. There are no silver linings or light at the end of the tunnel. Things will just slowly deteriorate and the USA will lose its pre-eminent position as the world's economic power.

What exactly could Romney do differently? The irony is that in theory a Republican president could reduce military spending easier than a Democrat (the way it was easier for a right wing President like Nixon to open up talks with China or Reagan to be pals with Gorbachev) but it's doubtful because Romney has had to sell his soul to get the nomination. He has to keep military spending near current levels...not raise taxes, etc. He's boxed himself into a corner.

The US economy is in a crisis yet in the next two months most of the talk will be about irrelevent side issues. Who went to what church on Sunday and obsession with some mis spoken gaffe. Really sad.

Dud vs a guy in ideological handcuffs
 m8t
Msg: 39
Posted: 8/31/2012 11:55:23 PM
After watching "Eastwooding" on the net~

The point is 23 million people in America are still unemployed, never mind the under employed still receiving assistance from government funded programs. Someone has to help solve this problem first, because it is the greatest problem we face as Americans today in my opinion. It might just be time for a businessman to be president. "We own this country; politicians are our employee's"- Clint Eastwood
When we work with someone that cant handle their position they usually get fired right? Im tired of empty campaign promises. We the people want America back!
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2012 9:16:07 AM
m8t...be careful or you may be nominated to run for President.

The US is in an economic crisis and getting worse....the Federal government is not going to be able to backstop the economy as the debt increases. (it will grow 3,000 per capita just this year).

Obama was the wrong choice in 2008. He was chosen over Hillary for all the wrong reasons when it came to what makes a good president. Hillary was a b!tch but a Margaret Thatcher type one....get the job done. McCain picked Palin for the wrong reason...an eye candy boost instead of competency.

Obama, a dud, will be re-elected in November for the same reason that GW Bush, another dud, was re-elected. He's President. That's it. Incompetency is accepted by the American people as long as the guy in office spouts the presidential buzz words.
 m8t
Msg: 41
Posted: 9/1/2012 9:32:12 AM
Thats the HUGE problem. People will make the worst choice yet again. We will see our neighbors , friends, and family members continue to lose their homes, jobs, and sense of security. In my opinion Regan was the best president we had in my life time. O-mess-o has been the worst tax dollar thief know to America.
Increase assistance to the poor for votes instead of solving problems through better legislation.
Thats really smart huh. Where does that money come from? The working class. Middle America is more than tired of flipping the bill. We eat chicken while they get food stamps for fresh produce, lobster and steak.
While we are at it lets give them Section 8 housing, and a PEL grant to go to college for a job that isnt there.
Wheres the justice for working hard? Obama is sending America the wrong message.
Lets sit on our azz for assistance programs. Thing is its working in his favor,
as people will vote for him AGAIN. Why? The poor are the majority.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2012 10:11:19 AM
Coming to any legitimate conclusion about things economic has become impossible. The Bush Administration handed Obama a country in the process of falling off a cliff, not even a completed accident. We have no way of knowing whether things would have been better, worse, or exactly the same had a Republican still been in charge. Especially since absolutely everyone with an axe to grind has gone on TV or the net to declare all manner of things to be true or to be false, and since there have been so many partisan games being played, I can't tell at all what is going on with the whole thing. Nothing but hyperbole.

Especially since the entire GOP has submitted absolutely NO alternate solutions designed to buffer the lower and middle classes whatsoever, I can't figure if they actually have any real ideas on what to do at all. They've spent millions on vague messages, and insults, and claims of active plots by the Democrats to purposely sink the whole country, but they haven't said even one thing that specifically was designed to do anything at all to improve things. Just "We have to concentrate on expanding/growing the economy, and countering unemployment!" Can't get any less helpful than that, especially since they've also said they will do absolutely NOTHING to DIRECTLY expand employment.

Lots of folks are going to vote for Romney, simply because things have not improved as rapidly as they hoped they would with Bush gone. That doesn't make sense to me by itself, since not one single economist or expert of any kind at all, has said that this downturn was entirely due to some small quirk in policies or laws, and not to deep and pervasive problems in all sectors.

If all it took was a shot of quick money, then the Bush administrations' response would have done the trick.

So far, the ONLY republican proposal for follow up, has been to reduce by huge amounts, all of the safety net features and other supports designed to help the poor and middle class. They don't even say how this will in any way cause businesses to start hiring again.

Maybe this is an economic version of the old Nixon-like "I have a secret plan to (get us out of Vietnam) fix the economy" routine.

It sure doesn't help me pick who to vote for.
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 43
Posted: 9/1/2012 10:16:50 AM
^^^^^^
"It sure doesn't help me pick who to vote for"

Igor - At least YOUR vote matters. In most states (like mine) the presidential election has been decided years ago, and how would THAT make you feel?
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2012 10:20:39 AM
Well, until very recently, Virginia was a dedicated "Red" state, so I know exactly how it feels. If I wanted a Republican, I'd get to add my vote to the winner circle. If I wanted an independent or a Democrat, I was spitting into the wind. At least they have to TRY to kiss our rears a little bit these days.
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 45
Posted: 9/1/2012 10:31:10 AM
^^^^^^
Igor, that brings up a good question.
If Arizona and California were "undecided" states, would border security be more important to the powers that be?
You have to wonder,,,,
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2012 10:57:38 AM

Lots of folks are going to vote for Romney, simply because things have not improved as rapidly as they hoped they would with Bush gone

Improved as rapidly? The economy has not improved at all. There is now a 16 TRILLION dollar debt and no end in sight. The USA needs a President who will stand on the table and start shouting the reality to the american people. The USA needs a President like FDR or LBJ or Reagan or Clinton who can actually explain things to the American people and thus get Congress on side.

It's uncanny how an incompetent like GW Bush or a dud like Obama can get folks to keep propping them up.
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 47
Posted: 9/1/2012 11:13:25 AM

Improved as rapidly? The economy has not improved at all. There is now a 16 TRILLION dollar debt and no end in sight. The USA needs a President who will stand on the table and start shouting the reality to the american people. The USA needs a President like FDR or LBJ or Reagan or Clinton who can actually explain things to the American people and thus get Congress on side.

If you are using the increase in debt as a measuring stick as to how the economy is doing or how it did, you really should not be throwing around names like Reagan as he makes Obama look like an armature with regards to increasing the debt.

Which I think is the one of problems, people's thinking that the health of the economy is solely tied to how much debt there is, as the level of debt of tied to the amount of money coming in vs going out.'

Not understanding that you need to increase the amount coming in while not affect the outgoing is the long-term plan that will work.

Money that goes to social programs helps the economy directly as those fund funnel right back into the system, money that goes back into the pockets of billionaires will never been seen again.
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 48
Posted: 9/1/2012 11:31:15 AM
^^^^^^
"Money that goes to social programs helps the economy directly as those fund funnel right back into the system, money that goes back into the pockets of billionaires will never been seen again."

Wowee. I sure hope your high school economics teacher doesn't read this post. You might feel bad when he/she blows their brains out.

Dude : The question is this: We ARE borrowing more and more and NOT generating more.
Where is the upside?
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2012 11:49:30 AM
Aristotle....the American economy is in the dumps. There is no more money for Obama to throw at programs....interest rartes can't be lowered and there is now a 16 Trillion dollar debt hanging around the neck of the taxpayer. 5.5 trillion more than when Obama took office. It might have be considered 'an investment' if something was now different.

This is improvement? The average family of four in the USA now has $63,000 more in federal debt it is accountable for than when Obama took office. That's real money on ther books...money that needs to be serviced, This is in addition to the debt that was before it and will be added to by deficits in the future. It's a friggin mess.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2012 12:01:50 PM
Dude : The question is this: We ARE borrowing more and more and NOT generating more.
Where is the upside?

I don't disagree with this per se, but if all one does is have the government spend less, thus reducing payrolls, and putting less money into the system, how does THAT help things get better?

That's the thing about an economic system: it's HUGE. I have become more and more convinced that the core reason why so many attempts by Dems and Repub have been ineffective, is that neither group looks at the ENTIRE economy.

If you cut wages to allow a business to expand by reducing expenses, but the reduced wages mean that the workers stop spending their money on what is produced, then you actually have REDUCED the ability of the businesses to expand. This is why ACTUAL increased productivity (as in more units produced per employee) is much better for an economy than PSEUDO increased productivity (as the same amount of production simply costs less on paper, but without additional wealth being created).

As for borrowing money to expand things, since the government can borrow at lower rates than private industry can (unless some political group decides to sabotage the country's credit rating for political gain), isn't the real key, what is DONE with the borrowed money, and not the FACT that it was borrowed?
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Erasable Mitt Romney in 2012