Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Erasable Mitt Romney in 2012      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Erasable Mitt Romney in 2012Page 5 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
creativestoryteller:

so what are your choices
-let Obama win by default & everything goes to He11?
-vote Romney in with no morals or backbone whats so ever

That's why i find it amusing that either of these two have groupies out there pushing 'their' guy' .

Obama is a dud and Romney is 'whatever' his handlers tell him to be.

The 'believers' are like barking seals at these conventions. Toss out fluffy lines and buzz words and the brain-dead clap and cheer on cue.
 matchlight
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Erasable Mitt Romney in 2012
Posted: 9/5/2012 10:27:02 AM

that's $16,000,000,000.00

No, that figure is sixteen *billion* dollars. It would need three more zeros to be sixteen trillion.

don't vote red or blue this fall. vote for what's best for your country even if it's just this once & take a chance on Ron Paul.

I had guessed that your were one of Dr. Paul's faithful, but I hadn't seen you confirm it until now.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 9/5/2012 11:58:39 AM
^^^^^ yes, yes, yes. So you quote someone ELSE who imagines that Obama intends to have himself carved into Rushmore, to support that OTHER claim of the same.

The fact that several people allow their hostility or prejudice or whatever to make them hallucinate, doesn't make the hallucination real.

Show me where Obama himself, making a serious statement, said that he wanted himself added to Rushmore, and I'll withdraw my objection. Short of that, you are indulging in misleading hyperbole, to say the least.
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 9/5/2012 1:11:55 PM

Show me where Obama himself, making a serious statement....

True...no serious Obama thought on this or on much of anything other than spend, spend...spend

Re the debt. 16,000,000,000,000.00 and growing and growing. Some perspective ...an average family of 4 in the USA now owes more inb their share of federal debt than their house is worth.
 statemachine500
Msg: 75
Posted: 9/5/2012 6:19:41 PM

[We have a choice of 2 guys to run our farm. One guy has proven to grow a crapload of pumpkins.
The other guy has proven he doesn't know which end of the shovel to hold. What kind of output did you EXPECT from him?

Mass was 47 th in the nation concerning job creation?I wasn't aware Bain Cap started up any manufacturing plants in the U.S.
 statemachine500
Msg: 76
Posted: 9/5/2012 6:26:46 PM
or the Moochelle wants to dictate what foods go into the stores under "healthy eating" measures while she jets around the world wasting over $20 mil of the taxpayers money?

What better way to get health care costs under control?Are you aware of just how frickin' many resources the fatties gobble up in the system?Get the basics in order first.Then health care costs would be much more reasonable.
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2012 9:13:39 AM
Good grief. I find myself agreeing with statemachine.

The Federal debt and obesity...neither glamorous topics but the two biggest crisis facing the USA. Meanwhile the demos and GOP get bogged down in the trivia of 'what words' to include in declarations of meaningless policy
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 78
Posted: 9/6/2012 10:49:45 AM
Re: msg 97 - "Mass was 47 th in the nation concerning job creation?I wasn't aware Bain Cap started up any manufacturing plants in the U.S."

Six months before Romney was the GOP presidential candidate,,, the sentiment was somewhat different. But, presidential races can have that effect, as seen below.

Bay State’s economy doubles US pace
THIS STORY APPEARED IN
Boston Articles
April 28, 2012|By Megan Woolhouse
http://articles.boston.com/2012-04-28/business/31416514_1_equipment-and-software-investment-government-spending-economy

Massachusetts’ economy grew at more than double the pace of the US economy in the first three months of this year, largely due to the renewed strength of the state’s high-tech sector, according to two reports issued Friday.

Massachusetts saw gains in consumer confidence, spending, and business sales, particularly in the global semiconductor market, a bellwether for the state economy, while growth in the US economy eased largely due to declines in federal government and military spending.

According to a report in the University of Massachusetts quarterly journal MassBenchmarks, the state economy grew at a 4.5 percent annual rate from January to March, while US economic growth slowed to an annual rate of 2.2 percent during the same period, the Commerce Department reported.

The state’s economy appeared to pick up steam from the last three months of 2011 when growth was 2.9 percent. Meanwhile, US economic growth fell from 3 percent that quarter.

Though growth rates are subject to revision as more accurate data become available. Martin Romitti, managing editor of MassBenchmarks, said the state’s “robust recovery’’ from the recession is largely due to the fact that there is global demand for high-tech products and services offered by Bay State companies. The state’s heavy concentration of health care and educational institutions has also helped the state weather the recession better than most.

Production of information-processing equipment also expanded at a double-digit annualized rate, according to the report, which called it “a very good sign for the Bay State’s technology sectors.’’

However, “being double the US rate, we’ve got to be a little cautious about throwing up our hands and shouting, ‘hip hip hooray!’ ’’ Romitti said. “It’s really strong growth, but it’s hard to imagine that we could sustain that.’’

Forecasters cautioned that uncertain economic conditions in Europe and slowing growth in China could affect Massachusetts growth.

Romitti said Massachusetts companies that produce semiconductors and semiconductor equipment have seen sales increases since January, but that follows a slowdown in 2011 due to unexpected events including an earthquake in Japan and flooding in Thailand.

Nationally, business output slowed and the rate of business equipment and software investment so far this year dropped sharply.

Lower federal government spending was another drag on the national economy, with government spending on goods and employee wages decreasing 5.6 percent in the first three months of 2012 after sliding 6.9 percent in the fourth quarter of 2011. Similarly, defense spending shrank 8.1 percent at the start of this year, on the heels of a 12.1 percent decrease in the last three months of 2011.
 OyVay...
Msg: 79
Posted: 9/6/2012 1:31:31 PM
@100...while I am happy to hear Massachusetts is doing so well this year, I don't get the connection to Romney! Perhaps you are confused between the spokesman Romitti and Romney?

I mean on the one hand you people want to fault Obama for not fixing the economy in 4 years, but now wish to credit his mittness for strides made 6 years after leaving office! On one hand you blame Obama for the current rate of unemployment, on the other you don't want to accept the 47th place of Massachusetts when mittster was governor, and replace it with current numbers!

Rock on you guys, republican...the pinochio party!
 427cammer
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2012 5:48:52 PM

Ha! Mitt's dad was born in Mexico and immigrated to the US in 1912 (grandpa had left the US because of polygamy laws).

Really?... Romney's descended from polygamists?.... hope that's something God fearing Americans keep in mind come November.

I want to see all the official visa and immigration papers, maybe Mitt's an anchor baby!

....and also that the GOP are a bunch of unelightened racist birthers.

Keep up the good work.
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2012 6:53:59 PM
Americans often bemoan the state of their political choices but then are obsessed with what someone's father did a hundred years ago. ...when he was 7 years old (the father, not even the candidate).

Hint, you have the politics that you deserve because you keep willingly wallowing in the gutter.
 OyVay...
Msg: 82
Posted: 9/6/2012 7:17:00 PM
"Hint, you have the politics that you deserve because you keep willingly wallowing in the gutter"

Hmmm, mirror much? For 20 years, democrats reached across the aisle, despite slurs, derisive comments or accusations...now, when we finally ran out of cheeks to turn, and decide to give back in kind..you want to accuse everyone on the left of "wallowing in the gutter"?

Who has been talking about fathers for 5 years? Who keeps asking for birth certificates? Who keeps calling who a muslim?

So now we want to give the "magic underwear", stiff white guy, who resembles a used car salesman, a buy? It was great to talk about Obama's father, but gawd forbid we ask about the mittster's father. Funny, 50 years ago, you guys didn't mention his mexican birth, polygamous background...but NOW...we want to indict the President, and give the draft dodging, buccaneer of business, the gay bashing, guy a chance to put the past behind him. Because he is republicant and doesn't want to talk about that.

That's the equivelant of making Romney's running mate David Duke in stead of lyin ryan, and saying he will be in charge of civil rights, and we shouldn't look back at his past!
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2012 9:15:59 PM
Too weird. Your country is in an economic crisis and you're obsessed with Romney's father as a boy in 1912. The two parties release snippets of irrelevent 'nothingness' and the faithful latch on to them like good little groupies.

You're being played like a fish. Fortunately there are still many Americans who see beyond the spin doctors and at least try to vote on relevent criteria.
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2012 10:51:25 PM
It's not 'irony'...it's good little groupies running around trying to make some irrelevent link
as if it matters a rat's ass in the scheme of things.

"I was going to vote for Romney but gee whiz, I can't accept his position on 'whatever' because back in 1912 his grandfather accepted .... blah, blah. '

It's bottom feeding at it's worse. Barking seals all swooning and worked up by feeding on the fluff and buzz words churned out by the spin doctors.
 427cammer
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2012 10:59:31 PM
Sciencetrekker:

Too weird. Your country is in an economic crisis and you're obsessed with Romney's father as a boy in 1912.

He's Canadian, also a former moderator here.... quite a few of the forum rules were written by him.

I don't understand quite a bit of what he's written here.... either he's way smarter than me or he's too damn cryptic for his own good. Maybe he's just drunk...

From Irregulator's post:

You still don't understand the message, or the messenger, ...or irony.

You see, insane punditry is a bad thing..... so is attacking someone using tactics designed to appeal to the lowest common denonimators.

That is, unless you do it with irony... then it's all good.
 flyguy51
Msg: 86
Posted: 9/7/2012 10:56:59 AM

the beer here is like sex in a canoe.

Effing close to water?
 427cammer
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2012 10:19:41 AM

Have you seen Dinesh's new fantasy movie? Good example right there.

Nope... even more fantastical then Moore's stuff?.... WOW...

...via projection, straw-man and invisible empty-chair-man fallacies. Exactly.

...oh, okay. I thought that maybe you'd come out of retirement to take a shot at Romney's religion. I guess you had something more sophisticated going on.... went completely over my head.

The "anchor baby" reference was the icing... and the blatant give-away for any with a functioning thinking-cap.

Never heard the term before.

Still, there isn't much to the GOP platform that can't be treated to a valid reductio ad absurdum.

Too cryptic. Tried wikipedia (I was already there looking up anchor baby).... still too cryptic.

...I don't think Mittens appreciates such things though.

More sophistication?
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 88
Posted: 9/8/2012 10:31:54 AM
^^^^^^
Hey you guys,,,Let us know when you're done with your long distance circle-jerk.
Be sure to wipe up :)
 427cammer
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2012 11:12:29 AM
^^^^It's public forums on the internet... the whole thing is a "long distance circle-jerk".

If you've got something profound to say that you think could have a positive impact on society, better go somewhere else.
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2012 9:58:30 PM
Mike...no idea what you are talking about. You don't think Obama's administration isn't running up more debt than the last? Good grief. If Americans really believe that then your country is lost. The USA is now borrowing 40 cents per dollar it spends with no end in sight despite pollyanish predictions of 'recovery'. There is no light at the end of the tunnel. Nothing has changed. There is no reason to think anything will change except for 'wishful thinking'.

Hint...if you don't open your credit card statements when they arrive, the debt doesn't 'disappear'.
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 91
Posted: 9/8/2012 10:58:24 PM

Hint...if you don't open your credit card statements when they arrive, the debt doesn't 'disappear'.

So true.

You know want is even worse?

When the guy before you, got the balance so high that it is pretty much impossible to get it down.

Which is exactly what Bush did, get jacked the debt up so high so fast that now you are lucky just to be able to make your monthly minimum payments.

Then thinking that you can fix that, but reducing your spending on social programs and at the same time reducing your revenues from taxes, is an epic failure at understanding economics.

If someone has not factored in the cost of the reduction of social programs they have failed to understand how they actually save money.

The poor people in America are not the cause of any economic crisis, they are the victim of it, so punishing them even more while rewarding the rich is truly what class warfare is.

The poor people did not start a war nor did they have a say in giving away trillions in tax cuts, so why should they be punished?
 427cammer
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 9/11/2012 11:23:45 PM

Specifically a reductio ad absurdum via doctrinal annihilation. Basically just a proof of logical inconsistency. While the GOP platform is subject to denial by many logical arguments, modus tollens for example being the easiest one to table, the reductio is far more entertaining than most.

I don't really get too excited about the strictly academic components of debate.... know a few really good mechanics who are left with "thingamajig" or "geegaw" when faced with an obscure part in something they are rebuilding. Oftentimes here the people who know all the really good words aren't any better at building logical arguments.

Looked up "modus tollens" though... gauging both of your latin examples, I would rate them equally as far as "fun" goes.

Same with Dinesh, who while being born in India, still thinks that Anti-Colonialism is a bad thing (It's a good thing the Founding Fathers disagreed with this no?)

I dunno about the Founding Fathers (almost religious... isn't it), speaking for myself, there are worse things than being part of the Commonwealth (always liked the Queen mum).

just contrasting his party's platform on things like social programs and immigration with his own father's humble beginnings. What's being parodied is the ironic "turn" in the current hypocrisy.

One new term I've learned since participating in these forums is "strawman argument". Much of what the Dems accuse the Republicans concerning their "war on women", or "war against the middle class", or the "war on minorities" would be strawmen in my estimation.
 unYOUsual
Msg: 93
Posted: 9/12/2012 4:42:47 AM

just contrasting his party's platform on things like social programs and immigration with his own father's humble beginnings. What's being parodied is the ironic "turn" in the current hypocrisy.
"hypocrisy"" I do not think that word means what you think it means".... Most Republicans have no problem with immigration they have a problem with illegal immigrants...weird that someone as seemingly intelligent as you can't see the difference...
 Welsh474
Msg: 94
Posted: 9/12/2012 7:09:38 AM
^^^ Most republicans don't seem to have a problem with illegal immigrants when they are picking their lettuce or picking their cotton or plowing their fields or plucking their chickens or cleaning their pools or looking after their children or washing their cars or......and on and on.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 9/12/2012 8:10:25 AM
^^^^ I wouldn't go quite that far. I think it would be more accurate to say that the GOP cares about illegals in a purely NOMINAL way, in that they suspect some of them of undermining what they do care about (opposition to crime that interferes with business, and opposition to having any tax money spent on anyone they don't care about, those sorts of things).

What the Republicans have made thoroughly clear, though, is that they do NOT oppose illegals, or their use by businesses, enough to make the BUSINESSES responsible for who they employ being legal.

The one core thing that is consistent with the GOP, is that they want everything in the country to be adjusted so as to minimize the cost of conducting business for profit. They make claims to various other ideals, but will do nothing at all to promote or support those ideals, unless it specifically both helps business people make higher profits, AND does nothing to HINDER those people from making higher profits. They believe that this strategy will have the natural result that everything will be wonderful for everyone they care about, and that anyone who has a bad time in spite of it, they will be able to discard without the slightest pricking of their consciences.

Now, that's just a general observation, based upon many years of watching and listening to what the party SAYS, and comparing it to what they actually DO. They SAY all sorts of things that sound good. They SAY that they love and respect all who serve in the military, but they will not fund full medical coverage for them, nor will they see to it that they are paid what they are worth (at least not the rank and file), and they have shown that they will send them into battle on a limited budget, scrimping on things like battle armor, in order to address their number one concern, profit margins.

Romney himself actually seems to be a little better than the core party about these things, but in addition to risking the loss of core support every time he says anything off the Tea Party approved agenda, I fear that if he wins election, that the party itself will rule what is or isn't done, and Mitt's nice thoughts will have no effect.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Erasable Mitt Romney in 2012