Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Are you ever tempted to look for FWBs - instead ?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 remixfa
Msg: 178
Are you ever tempted to look for FWBs - instead ?Page 9 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Friends with Benefits is a misnomer. Its so undefined to most people, its not funny.

In a very general term, any one that is marry-able is a "friend with benefits". You better not be "in love" with someone you dont consider a close friend.. its not love other wise.

An FB is exactly what it sounds like. you randomly communicate with the person "hey, im horny.. you horny? wanna fix that".. and thats the end of the relationship. A FwB is someone you enjoy hanging out with socially, dont mind introducing to your friends, ect. The "FwB" is a non-romantic, yet physical friendship. It doesnt have to be monogamous (and normally isnt), and there are generally set rules on boundaries to the FwB. Breaking those rules normally breaks the whole thing. Its not someone you see all the time, but you definitely have more communication/contact than a FB. Thats my view on it anyways. To people in an open relationship with their spouse, a FwB that can respect boundaries is a golden find.
 Phil_an_derer
Msg: 179
Are you ever tempted to look for FWBs - instead ?
Posted: 8/29/2012 8:59:52 AM
Am I ever tempted! Yes....Why! one night stands are far to complicated!"smiling"....
 funmma
Msg: 180
Posted: 8/29/2012 10:32:59 AM
HMMMM???? FWB I've had a couple in the last couple of years. here's my input on this topic. Everyone should become friends at first to move forward. If the agreement is mutual than fine. Both receive the benifits of it. My number one rule is if your getting benifits from me your not getting them anywhere else. Because frankly I don't want to sleep with all your friends "smilng" I have found that men who enter into this type of arrangement only want the benifit when it suits them. Not when it suits the woman. They call the shots (for lack of a better word) That to me is a little degrading to the woman and to men. Your only good enough until the "right one comes along" Just my opinion.....If it works for you then go for it !!! :)
 meowkatt2012
Msg: 181
Posted: 8/29/2012 11:14:29 AM
Yes. When I was here a few years ago I ended up giving up on looking for relationship & went w FWB only. Now im back on & was really looking for relationship but didn't even talk w anyone I wanted to meet so started. To fall back into looking for FWB so changed to forums only. I already still have. FWB. I u want to go on some dates. But can't seem to find anyone for casual dating. I need to change my thinking & how im approaching it. But I in no way regret the FWB. I have net here. & I did have fun. So I say go for it if the feelings for it are there. It still leaves u open to look fir other guys.
 Janet_Always
Msg: 182
Posted: 8/29/2012 12:36:23 PM
I don't know about FWB, but I have dated a few men who I had no long-term expectations -- would not marry or live with them -- so maybe that was the same thing? I really did have feelings, just not practical for different reasons at the time.
 bay_dweller
Msg: 183
Posted: 8/29/2012 12:47:35 PM
Sure, if you just looking for a f'k go for it. Don't get attached though, they'll do a number on you. But then again you could just hit a bar if all you want is to get your itch scratched.
 funmma
Msg: 184
Posted: 8/29/2012 12:58:59 PM
Exactly!!!! There is always somene out there looking for just that!!
 GuitarHero68
Msg: 185
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2012 1:51:52 PM
Do whatever makes YOU happy. The opinions of others don't matter with this subject.
 HaydenFan
Msg: 186
Posted: 8/29/2012 2:26:39 PM
Maybe this is a trend because we've all become self absorbed ego maniacs not willing to share and make a real relationship work? I know I was tired of being sport-fuked, that's why I'm here. I need more than that, always have.
 Indysweetpea2001_
Msg: 187
Posted: 8/29/2012 4:20:37 PM
[Thought about it. But I also believe the whole concept is flawed; maybe some very specific people can manage, but I couldnt. I dont believe in the concept of FWB, nor do I believe most people believe it either, just convince themselves they do. Seen too many FWB situations turn into one sided love instead, and it really isnt fair to either person.
So if I`m thinking of just "maybe I should sleep with this girl" then I`d much rather get into a relationship with her instead, and see where it goes.
What if I pass up a helluvan opportunity, to maybe find the love of my LIFE, just because I `think`that `maybe` we couldnt be a match?
I'll use a car example, its a bit un-personnal, but it still holds true; you dont know what she has under the hood, until you've driven her a few hundred miles.
Explanation: I wont know if she's the perfect person for me, no matter how I try to look at her and analyse her to death, unless I spend some time with her. And maybe she's not perfect, either; no one is. But maybe, with all her perfections and imperfections, she's the RIGHT one for me.
Food for thought]

I totally agree with this, FWB is just setting up a friend to get hurt in the end.
 MutedEnthusiasm
Msg: 188
Posted: 8/29/2012 7:56:08 PM

^^^ So if I`m thinking of just "maybe I should sleep with this girl" then I`d much rather get into a relationship with her instead, and see where it goes.
What if I pass up a helluvan opportunity, to maybe find the love of my LIFE, just because I `think`that `maybe` we couldnt be a match?

Really? That makes sense? We’re in a friendship, the relationship turns sexual, and that prevents us from realizing we’re each other’s love of our life?

I guess stranger things have happened. But to my way of thinking, that would mean we’ve allowed labels like FWB to so dominate our thinking that we don’t even see the personal interaction for what it is.

I suppose that adheres to a kind of ‘forum logic’, where it’s all hypothetical anyway, and we spin these endless fictions to support our various positions on the issues – particularly the debilitating affects of uncommitted sex. But in real life?

I can’t picture that happening to me and a woman friend in real life, that somehow by starting to have sex together we're prevented from seeing that we’re perfect for each other. I wouldn’t have thought so.
 OmahaBoredom
Msg: 189
Posted: 8/29/2012 10:01:08 PM
Considered that option... at 25 all girls seem to want LTRs with men their age or 10 years older, or someone rich. Or the general immaturity of wanting their own little Edward Cullen, but with a motorcycle.

Shit, maybe I should just be going for women in their 30's because the girls in their 20's are terrible.
 afixerupper
Msg: 190
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2012 10:32:13 PM
I don't think sex with any of my friends would "benefit" me in any way...
 remixfa
Msg: 191
Posted: 8/30/2012 8:16:01 AM

Have you tried? ya never know :) :)
 m8t
Msg: 192
Posted: 8/30/2012 8:27:14 AM
^ Once and I screwed up a 12 year great friendship our children even regret all these yeasr later.
FWB? In my opinion I think more of myself and my friends than to do something so stupid.
 tgrlily3
Msg: 193
Posted: 8/30/2012 8:31:22 AM
No, I've never been tempted to look for a FWB instead. Some people are willing to go the FWB route and that's ok by me, it's just not for me.
 abmccray
Msg: 194
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2012 8:39:27 AM

Sounds like you need better friends, then!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Are you ever tempted to look for FWBs - instead ?