Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Casual sex linked to depression      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sandwater
Msg: 249
if casual sex leads to depression, what causes a stroke?Page 12 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
I don't have casual sex very often. But when I did, I had fun. No hang ups, regrets, depression or low self esteem. Like other have said, be sincere about your intentions, enjoy it for what it is, and don't have any additional expectations.
 gtomustang
Msg: 250
if casual sex leads to depression, what causes a stroke?
Posted: 4/29/2017 11:23:33 AM
the self esteem has to exist, before the casual sex. if casual sex is used to feel not physically better, but emotionally better about oneself, results may not be felt unless one likes to put others down in order to raise oneself up. But if you go in having good self esteem about yourself, then two adults sharing a fun activity in a mature, respectful way, doesn't automatically have to paint the scarlet letter upon your chest. like sandwater said, have no additional expectations--it is what it is, it doesn't represent anything more.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 251
view profile
History
Masturbation causes depression
Posted: 5/1/2017 11:11:20 AM

Casual sex doesn't lead to depression, getting lied to and played does.

I agree. Also, casual sex isn't necessarily a no-no. It depends on how one's raised. I would say it's a narrow avenue to Cause depression would be someone raised sexually conservatively, letting things slide socially like in college, and not necessarily even getting played -- but porking around not leading to any dating or the guys they want wanting them back to date, etc etc. But to say those situations are the marker of "casual sex" is ridiculous.

Casual sex leading to depression would mean to find depressed people -- just go to the local club with all the hot chicks and studly guys. Oh, those poor guys... when they hook up with a real cute gal. Oh, the depression. Brings back memories from college. The pain, the pain. ;)
 originaltigger
Msg: 252
Casual sex linked to depression
Posted: 6/3/2017 5:52:52 PM
Sorry, to me, it is the way society makes you think you should act. For women especially, sex is an expression of love most of the time. Guys tend to be conquest driven and are just setting themselves up to be cheaters in the future. Casual sex, while fun for the moment, takes a toll on women especially. It denigrates them, it makes them feel cheap and used. There is a reason the divorce rate is so high today. Commitment lasts only as long as it is convenient. There is no for good or bad, sickness or health commitment now. It is just go out and use and abuse and seek your own selfish goals. Call me a cynic, but have seen it too often and experienced it a bit. To me, sex is not on the table when I am trying to get to know someone. Not saying that I am not human and don't want or crave that intimacy, but I came onto these sites to meet and cultivate a relationship. If I wanted something else, there are unlimited hook up sites where you at least know what everyone is looking for.
 Iredurbio2
Msg: 253
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2017 12:51:53 AM
None of them no what they're looking for there either.
 Jackcrusto
Msg: 254
Posted: 6/6/2017 8:20:51 AM
F^ck society, women like sex too. If women like sex and men like sex then sex is going to happen in a casual capacity and there is nothing wrong with that. What is the big link between the two? Is it people who have casual sex end up depressed or is it the more likely scenario that depressed people are ap to have casual sex as to not burden anyone with their issue they already know they have? It's just like the idiots that say weed makes criminals. Well we all know criminals are more likely to do drugs and one of those drugs is weed. So it's the other way around and weed does not make one a criminal any more than casual sex makes one depressed.
 Maleman999
Msg: 255
Posted: 6/6/2017 10:59:44 AM
But what about all of the women who will be depressed if I don't have casual sex with them? I feel it's my duty in life to help these women from getting depressed.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Casual sex linked to depression