Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > what do you think of Americans who want to meet someone specifically      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Devilsfan58
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Americans with an intentionPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Having lived in NYC burbs for almost 15 years, you could save a lot of time and money and just go to one of the major courthouses that process immigration/green card issues and easily find someone who would probably easily fulfill your every whim and desire.

The same information above would work in Boston too as between the two cities there are more illegals from Ireland, Scotland, UK then just about anywhere else.

Now having known the immigration side of it you better sit down and discuss everything. How he or you like your coffee/tea down to the number of sugars, cream...etc. You better know each other like you have known anyone else. How does he like his steak, what his favorite steak condiment is....etc. Birthmarks, Birth Control...the whole gambit.

If you don't want to go that route as they film everything now in front of courthouses you could easily find a pub that is heavily favored by working people from that area or country. Key points will be in no order. You might also look in local newspapers as their are frequently personals...looking for....Immigration attorneys might also be able to help you....

Soccer will be on the Television,
Guiness will be on draft at the bar.
Someplace in the establishment there will be a dart board.

Be careful the fine is like 15,000 for immigration fraud.

I so wanted to find an Australian who looked like Olivia Newton John since I was like 15. Having been there around 10 times I never found her and quite frankly while the people for the most part are nice...there is a ton of problems down there too.

I no longer could pull someone out of their fishbowl. They like their beer...fish and chips or whatever they fancy and if they don't or can't get it they have issues. Truthfully it is easier to marry someone from Team USA. I know a bunch of people who are married to foreigners and some worked, a bunch did not.
 0ldhag
Msg: 11
what do you think of Americans who want to meet someone specifically from the UK
Posted: 3/31/2012 6:16:47 AM

what do you think of Americans who want to meet someone specifically from the UK

VISA (in a normal situation)

____

A good friend of mine was telling me about his 4 ex wives and a dozen children he has all over africa..etc etc..but what really caught my attention was this:

me: But why not try and find a nice lady from your own country? (he was from estonia)

him: But she's not African!

me: aghhh

I honestly don't think my friend was after a visa, but for some reason he could only associate dateable women with Africa...I really don't know why, I know he worked there for a while...

So in the end...who knows what their after .... but either way, I don't think the intention is all that honorable..I think, bottom line, it's more selfish than anything... They must gain something more than a 'lifelong mate who they truley love'...otherwise they'd be looking anywhere...
 brunettefromhell
Msg: 12
Posted: 4/2/2012 12:27:48 PM
personally, i find most anglophile types to be a bunch of sad and depressive nerds, similar to the stereotypical fat and creepy dude with the japan fetish...
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 13
Posted: 4/2/2012 2:22:19 PM
It's pretty much a statistical long shot, doomed from the start. It's like being down by 20pts in a basketball game with 5 minutes to go, and thinking YOU'RE the exception. Well, in actual basketball you learn to play tough and grit it out, etc., and can have a moral victory -- all for what? 5 game minutes? So you lost a game... not a big deal. You're weren't actually expecting to win -- the odds were so low. But there can be a miraculous rare win -- it's worth it.

IRL, in dating/relationships -- it's a lot more than that sacrificed. Your chances are the same. Fooling yourself that you are the exception (based on little to nothing) improves your chances, sure, but makes it go from 0% chance to 1-3% chance. Very very poor odds. It's only a "dream" because it's a rarity that worked out. Over 95% of the time, it's "What the hell was I thinking? Gawd, am I that desperate??"
 DragonBits
Msg: 14
Posted: 4/2/2012 4:06:39 PM
spooky, I have dated several people that live in other countries.

But I have never picked a country and wanted to date only someone that lives in XXXX country. Why do that?

You should date someeone because of the person, not where they live.
 FrancoisVillon
Msg: 15
Posted: 4/2/2012 4:40:32 PM
May be because they can 't find it in the States?
You have to realized that men here are pigs " For the most part."
Romance is "Wang ,bang thank you mam ."

"I agree with # 12",
Most are not what I call great women" For the majority."

#18.
Come down here for 5 years , and then come back and tell us, if you think the same way ?

I guess some men think that women in the States are better, and some women think the men over sea are better..........

I know their is few women in the States worth looking at. But Few......
Most are arrogant brats, self center, no manners, and a Royal pain. And not good in bed what so ever.
I guess they make a good match "Men and women here." They deserved each other.

That is may be why the one who are " Cool", are looking some where else.
It is so hard to find a good one here . " Men or women."

Why the UK ? Simple, y'all have the same language.
 Arata_na_Yoake
Msg: 16
Posted: 4/2/2012 9:07:09 PM
You know, I'm starting to consider browsing the European areas more and more. Lifestyle wise, I've always thought European customs were a better fit. I also have a huge weakness or British or French accents.
 coderedjulia1
Msg: 17
Posted: 4/3/2012 9:38:33 AM
Good luck with that. Long distance relationships never work. Better to stick to your area unless if the guy/girl from the UK wants to marry you.
 KingofSnuggles
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2012 10:05:19 AM
We american's (a) love the accents (b) think everyone wants to live here (c) are whacky enough to search outside our borders (d) just wanna bring everyone back together since we all started over there anyway.

They have good taste and good sense to realise how much cooler we are.

Oh yeah, we can spell better, too.

...and have a hard time discerning when Lead refers to a Leader rather than a Pipe!!
 spooky48
Msg: 19
Posted: 4/4/2012 1:21:14 PM
Hi,

Again, thanks for your responses however, I still would like to ask a question relating to this thread.

If someone wants to move-to or pursue moving to another country if they're an American, is then their "head in the clouds" & should they just surrender to the fact it's a bad idea?
 Arata_na_Yoake
Msg: 20
Posted: 4/4/2012 1:28:06 PM
How could any of us say whether it's bad? If you don't like where you are now then move. Just have a plan/job/housing in store for once you get there. It's starting to sound like you want us to discourage you?

Being born in America doesn't mean that you have to be "stuck" here.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > what do you think of Americans who want to meet someone specifically from the UK