Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Americans seeking people outside of the USA...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 spooky48
Msg: 26
Americans seeking people outside of the USA...Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Hi again everyone...

I will say this, I have talked to several single women in my job years ago & in the past & it was interesting to hear that most of them wanted to meet a man who was not American.

A few of my friends in my life now who have been married have told me too, they wished they married a European.

I know the type of man I'd like to marry & I do lean more to one specific type & country/area but, I am mature & comfortable, independent enough to know that I need to have an open-mind & open-heart for every man, no matter what.

I hope all of you here find who've you been waiting for...
 IronBelle
Msg: 27
Americans seeking people outside of the USA...
Posted: 3/29/2012 3:55:04 PM
I think if someone moves, gets employed and makes wherever they go * home * THEN meet someone and look for love. A lot of the situations that people get into are beyond risky, and people do not understand how difficult it really is for the Citizenship etc. to be handled and not have to wonder if your new * love * did it for legal reasons.

I was adopted and raised by Americans, so I have dual Citizenship. I know people in my Country who will pay, lie or do what they need to do to get into the USA. So, be VERY careful. Women do it, men do it. I do not think flooding sites with European men and chatting is a very Kosher way to hope someone falls for you. That needs to be done face to face where you can actually SEE how someone is on a day to day basis.

There are plenty of people everywhere. Why go look for something to run the risk of issues? Yeah, your * friend * did get lucky and she is in the 1% that did . Most cases do NOT work. Is it pathetic? I do not like to say that because we all want love. But when people go to such measures and seriously will NOT really know the person due to the distance...I find it more * foolish *. And a good way to be hurt emotionally. The European men I know frown on American women. Not all, but many do. A lot of Europeans make fun of Americans , the way they eat , live above their means, etc. Some of it I agree with. Not that they are perfect but you really need to educate yourself on other Countries, not just fall for an Accent or think that they may * love * you more.

If you go where they speak another language, you BETTER learn it. Like they do in the Ukraine....sit and talk shit about Americans, and smile as people spend money there. I know it happens all over but imagine a man doing that and then tell you in English how he adores you.
 coderedjulia1
Msg: 28
Posted: 3/30/2012 1:45:35 AM
Dating out of the country would be a little difficult. Long distance relationships don't even work if its in the same country. Can't imagine how difficult it would be to date outside the country. I suppose if you have the money to go see the person often it would work.
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 3/30/2012 9:24:06 AM
We are 6 siblings and married 5 different nationalities. We live in 4 different countries today but at one time lived in 6 different ones.

Again. it's a big world so why be myopic in life and confine your existence to artificial boundaries like borders. English wasn't even my first language but knowing English well was a ticket to opportunities around the world. I have two brothers who are semi-retired. One is an English newspaper editor in China and one works for a hotel in Dubai...neither had any experience in those fields.
 DreamieDreamer
Msg: 30
Posted: 3/30/2012 12:07:18 PM
Damn, I wish I had thought of this when I wanted to move to Ireland or Amsterdam.

Still want to visit and maybe have a vacation home there, but not so sure I could "fool" some poor chap into thinking I love him just to get it done.
 RandomFish123
Msg: 31
Posted: 11/25/2012 8:31:28 AM

Theres a Geeezer here in the UK who would love to start a dialogue to get the ball rolling. L

Lmao!!! ^^^There ya go ladies!!
 deere_rancher
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 11/25/2012 10:09:37 AM
I have Left the USA to date , and plan to again .
Should I find someone in another country ..great !
but , I haven't stopped looking here.
I think it's really about how far your willing to
expand your search
 dianelane
Msg: 33
Posted: 11/30/2012 10:04:06 AM
Maybe the women just find you attractive and are willing to take a big risk to move to another country for the right person?
 blackcherry=
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 4/22/2013 2:42:45 AM
I love American men I think they are so sexy and I love there voice I would love to marry one and be happy because its my dream man
 shine1274
Msg: 35
Posted: 4/22/2013 9:05:05 AM
I am not seeking a woman abroad, but I am certainly open to it. It seems like a lot of work, but I think it could be very interesting.
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 36
Posted: 3/2/2014 6:49:58 AM

I say this because I am so attracted to the sense of humour, accent and life style of an American more than a British man.

Take the plunge!
If you are in the travel industry then you should not have much trouble connecting with a agency in the US to work in.
You may need a work Visa, but that should not be too hard to get
Once you are here (the city of your choice) then you can experience first hand what many men are like
and will either re-enforce your beliefs or shatter them.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 3/2/2014 9:09:00 AM
I think the whole idea of how people from certain countries are this or that is ludicrous. All American men all British men, all Aussie men, really, they're all alike in personality and temperament? It's one of those totally outlandish mindsets that is a barrier to people actually being able to establish and maintain a satisfying relationship long term.

Seriously, would you want someone to want to date you because you were (fill in the blank) a redhead, tall, Scottish....blah blah ad nauseum? I know I wouldn't and it gets tiring hearing all the crap about redheads and their supposed tempers and craziness in bed. Seriously, if I get a hint that someone wants to date me for that, or if it's a factor I drop them like a prom dress.

You should want to find someone that you can accept completely just as they are, can add to their life and be happy with. Any other reason is ridiculous, IMO. If you don't want a relationship or anything long term, then it's just a novelty.
 rockin-trucker82
Msg: 38
Posted: 3/4/2014 6:08:59 AM
I think a lot of people are getting tired of how we act here. In the US, we see it as acceptable to just completely ignore someone. We actually go through more effort ignoring them than telling the truth. We lead each other on. We all have this idea that we deserve this almost physical and social perfection, when we don't even come close to filling that requirement ourselves.

When someone is shot down repeatedly over something stupid likethis, would you blame them for wanting to look outside of the country?

Summary: As a whole, us Americans are terrible people.
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 39
Posted: 3/4/2014 6:53:24 AM
^

would you blame them for wanting to look outside of the country?

Not in general, but keep in mind that many such women have ulterior motives for wanting to come to N America.
 Ilovechristmas25
Msg: 40
Posted: 3/6/2014 11:33:15 AM
I enjoy the USA way too much to leave it for one person.
 OutMind
Msg: 41
Posted: 3/7/2014 4:23:31 PM
I have dated, Brazilian, Colombian, Argentinean, Venezuelan, Russian, French, Spanish, German, Swedish, Italian, Danish, Turkish and American women.

I am from South America and while American women are seen as high maintenance the reality is that the most high maintenance annoying women I have ever gone out with are Venezuelan (where I'm from) and Spanish women (sobervias). There are a ton of American women that are practical, hard-working, awesome, sexual, sensuous, hard working, loving, caring, that take care of their bodies, their man and their kids.

In other words, I love American women.
 DragonBits
Msg: 42
Posted: 3/8/2014 2:37:10 AM

I am from South America and while American women are seen as high maintenance the reality is that the most high maintenance annoying women I have ever gone out with are Venezuelan (where I'm from) and Spanish women (sobervias). .

When you lived in Venezuela, were you on a forum there? Did they complain about the women?

I am curious, maybe each nationality thinks women of their own nationality are the highest maintenance. Like Russian men think Russian women are high maintenance, etc, etc.

In my past experience the highest maintenance woman financially was a Chinese woman living in Hong Kong, but the highest maintenance woman emotionally was a French woman that in her 20s had moved to the USA.
 OutMind
Msg: 43
Posted: 3/10/2014 2:31:11 PM

When you lived in Venezuela, were you on a forum there? Did they complain about the women?

No forums back then. My first girlfriend was Venezuelan. She was an incredible lady, awesome, caring. But when I moved to Caracas, the women were overly demanding and overbearing. I started dating foreign girls primarily from Northern Europe.

The only other attitude that I found even more annoying were women from Spain, particularly from Madrid. Russian women are too materialistic for my taste. French and Brazilian women are the most emotionally sensuous of them all. Of course this is just my experience. I still love the pragmatism of American women.
 Maleman999
Msg: 44
Posted: 3/10/2014 3:41:01 PM

French and Brazilian women are the most emotionally sensuous of them all.

The problem with the very emotionally sensuous is that they can become emotionally psycho if they feel they've been crossed or done wrong. There seems to be no middle ground for their emotions.
 OutMind
Msg: 45
Posted: 3/11/2014 12:44:57 PM

The problem with the very emotionally sensuous is that they can become emotionally psycho if they feel they've been crossed or done wrong. There seems to be no middle ground for their emotions.

Buhhhhahhahaah!

You are so right on the money.
 localRenoite12
Msg: 46
Posted: 3/12/2014 12:50:27 AM
You know I should try something like this. Maybe women in Europe won't require you to drive a truck or listen to country music to date you?
 techgirl27
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2014 11:41:10 PM
Thank you for posting this thread and asking this. I have been trying to get a discussion of issues on this topic going in another forum- not the same but from a different perspective - and pof is having none of it. I don't think its dangerous or pathetic at all. The problem comes when people are not open minded about this topic.

I met my ex online and moved to England and lived there for almost 8 years before moving back to the US. I got my "marriage single entry" visa through the British consulates in Boston/NY. I used the Boston office, but they had to send it with my US passport to NY to be processed.
 Eternitygracesme
Msg: 48
Posted: 11/6/2015 10:14:02 AM
There are risks with everything.

I say: GO FOR IT. It could be quite a beautiful, life-changing experience.
 hemingway234
Msg: 49
Posted: 11/6/2015 11:21:07 AM
If you can't find somebody in your own populated town, you should probably take a hard look at yourself - most LDR's don't work........... you'll likely just make dating more difficult than it needs to be.
 flaneur001
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 11/22/2015 1:47:06 PM
hemingway234:
f you can't find somebody in your own populated town, you should probably take a hard look at yourself - most LDR's don't work........... you'll likely just make dating more difficult than it needs to be.

ha ha... I live in Toronto and had a date to meet someone in San Francisco - for a coffee (I refer to it as my $2,000 pour over!). We've been together for 3.5years. It worked for us!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Americans seeking people outside of the USA...