Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Americans seeking people outside of the USA...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Maleman999
Msg: 51
Americans seeking people outside of the USA...Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
"I live in Toronto and had a date to meet someone in San Francisco - for a coffee"

Who paid for the coffee?
 flaneur001
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Americans seeking people outside of the USA...
Posted: 11/23/2015 2:50:50 PM
maleman: Who paid for the coffee?

^^^^ I paid for the trip, he paid for coffee!
 Lasthookbringsme
Msg: 53
Posted: 11/24/2015 4:20:51 AM

Who paid for the coffee?

It was the best R10 at an airport I ever spent

Fourteen years later, the resultant child is now drinking lattes. :-)
 craftyDIYchick
Msg: 54
Posted: 5/31/2016 10:16:11 AM
I would love to connect with a British man. I would love to be able to travel to UK. But, I honestly would prefer to live
here in the states. There's good and bad in both countries. Health care is so expensive here.
 eg0724
Msg: 55
Posted: 5/31/2016 7:33:12 PM
1. What do you think of Americans who want to meet someone specifically from the UK to have a relationship with and/or marry (or say from another country & NOT America)? I don't think anything about people who do this lol. Live & Let Live. I wish them the best! For some it works out, for others...it doesn't. I've known couples with great stories and those with awful stories.

2. Do you think it's dangerous or even a bit pathetic to have this kind of "dream" since, there's plenty of people in your own country?
lol I don't care what other people do. However, personally, I would only date someone that lives nearby. I'm talking about 30 min proximity lol. I won't travel hours or days to be with someone- maybe that's why I am single hahaha. My brain does 90% of the thinking...the remaining 10% is my heart. To me, it's not practical to go to another country for love- that opens the door to a whole other set of potential issues. But other people see it differently & that's cool.

3. Has anyone here met & moved out of the US to be with the person they loved? I have not. I took one of many trips to visit my parents to our country of origin. On one trip, I met a real handsome, nice guy there. He was really, really attractive. I told him...if he should ever move to South FL on his own, to give me a ring. He was trying to get into an insta-relationship lol. I don't know what his motives are....He's a stranger & I'm not about to profess undying love to a stranger in the U.S., let alone in another country. If I am meant to find someone, he'll be nearby lol. Otherwise, I think I'll survive being on my own. Might get a cat hahaha jk.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 6/1/2016 4:53:52 PM
French and Brazilian women etc....

what generalised statements are these? I am sure you have not had dealings with every nationality on the planet so that is a nonsense. Sensuality is a physical thing really. It is like saying all French men are good lovers and black men are the most well hung. Just a stereotype.
 Felizarda8
Msg: 57
Posted: 11/11/2017 4:34:43 AM
hi everybody

I instead would love to meet an American man. Americans are more relaxed, have more humor, and joy to live, and besides are not afraid of commitment to the rest of Life. I'm Swiss, 59, retired criminal inspector. I speak 6 languages and traveled a lot. ;)
 Cynderella
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 11/11/2017 2:02:04 PM
I would relocate for love, for the right man.
 from site to sight
Msg: 59
Posted: 11/12/2017 7:07:28 AM

I instead would love to meet an American man. Americans are more...

It's the "grass is greener on the other side" syndrome. If you live in a country with millions of people, and there is no one who is worth dating, maybe the problem isn't with all of the single men available.
 Walts
Msg: 60
Posted: 11/13/2017 6:06:24 AM

Be careful little girl.

They are not always one and the same.
 cooldog65
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 11/13/2017 7:25:49 AM
Msg.40...

I love American men I think they are so sexy and I love there voice I would love to marry one and be happy because its my dream man

Dreams come true. Here I am!
 Cynderella
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 11/13/2017 6:49:53 PM

Be careful little girl.

They are not always one and the same.

Very True....
But all I have is my dreams
and dreams can come true
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 11/16/2017 12:02:37 PM

Americans are more relaxed, have more humor, and joy to live

What, compared to Saudi Arabians? :) Everyone in America is not the same. Many many arenas where they're more uptight, sensitive to humor, like to live where they grew up only, etc... if anything, Europeans (again varies out there) tend to be more liberal in lifestyle, by and large.

and besides are not afraid of commitment to the rest of Life

LOL. That's funny. But yes, you'll find more Americans who will due to being in more of a conservative environment in most areas. But by that rationale, no, they're not going to be more relaxed, humorous and have a "joy to live" that outshines Europe.

It's the "grass is greener on the other side" syndrome.

Yep. SURE is. You'd assume later in life folks would shed that...

Wow, that's chasing love right there [insert person here]. I mean, unless circumstances were set unusually great where you could see the other person A Lot despite each residence being in another country -- you're Not going to be in love with them. Hence, you'd be willing to relocate to Find Love of someone who seems like a good match. But how do you know he's a good match if you haven't been around him enough? Skype? :)
 Cynderella
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2017 7:15:30 PM
What about Canadian's
seeking Americans???
 saintclara
Msg: 65
Posted: 12/21/2017 6:37:16 PM
Well I feel that we don't want Americans
 cal214mf
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2019 1:03:59 PM
I tried to message you but it wasn't letting me, found your post interesting and wanted to talk :) x
 whiterose0
Msg: 67
Posted: 1/29/2019 4:32:15 PM

I tried to message you but it wasn't letting me, found your post interesting and wanted to talk :) x

You tried to message a poster from 2012 whose profile no longer exists? Really?
 happywind
Msg: 68
Posted: 2/7/2019 3:06:02 AM
I don't judge people with this kind of "dream". I'd love to try dating a guy from Italy or Spain. Sure, there's plenty of people in my own country, but if things fail with the romance language speaking guys, the same people will be here in America when I get back, it's not like they are going anywhere for the most part.
 hemingway234
Msg: 69
Posted: 2/7/2019 8:46:14 AM
Relationships are hard enough, why make it more difficult with long distance?
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Americans seeking people outside of the USA...