Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Does "down and out" mean unloveable?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 one nice catch
Msg: 59
Does down and out mean unloveable?Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
i agree with you carolann i myself am going thru tough times right now. i am in the middle of getting disabilty. this has been going on for a year... i do have money set aside while i am going thru the process. just enough to get by. dateing right now is on the back burnner ....but when it all comes together for me ...look out ladies here i come
 Capn_America
Msg: 60
Does down and out mean unloveable?
Posted: 3/30/2012 8:09:49 AM

i'm sorry but if someone doesn't have their house in order, then dating should be last on their list.

LOL Good thing I wasn't drinking my coffee, it would have flown all over the screen, since I laughed so hard....
Who the HELL has his house in order and starts dating, wether it be offline or online?
Seriously, how many are there? Three, four...in the WORLD?
Think of ex wives, ex boyfriends, problems kids, debts, mortgages, professionnal hitmen, people hallucinating martians that want to it crosses with Jesus on them.............. NO ONE on planet earth, or at least very few of them, is problem-free and start dating. Most of them use dating to escape their problems, if anything else. It's usually cheaper than booze
 ChancesRMD
Msg: 61
Posted: 3/30/2012 8:24:43 AM

Think of ex boyfriends, problem kids, debts, mortgages, professionnal hitmen, people hallucinating martians

Thanks for calling me out like that. I'm trying to get the house in order.
 Capn_America
Msg: 62
Posted: 3/30/2012 8:43:16 AM

Thanks for calling me out like that. I'm trying to get the house in order

I'm sorry. I was just trying to cope by bashing someone else, of the fact that I have 12 ex-wives running after me for a pension on my 22 illegimate children. Not to mention the ghost of Barney the Dinosaur that keeps trying to dry hump my leg.....

Now, WHERE ALL 'EM GIRLS AT???
 Hopeneverdissapoints
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 3/30/2012 10:52:05 AM

LOL Good thing I wasn't drinking my coffee, it would have flown all over the screen, since I laughed so hard....
Who the HELL has his house in order and starts dating, wether it be offline or online?
Seriously, how many are there? Three, four...in the WORLD?
Think of ex wives, ex boyfriends, problems kids, debts, mortgages, professionnal hitmen, people hallucinating martians that want to it crosses with Jesus on them.............. NO ONE on planet earth, or at least very few of them, is problem-free and start dating. Most of them use dating to escape their problems, if anything else. It's usually cheaper than booze.

Thanks, Cap'n... You beat me to it and probably said it better than I ever could.
 J_bird61
Msg: 64
Posted: 3/31/2012 12:29:05 PM
When given this theoretical question, and answering as an older gal (50), I'd say I'd have to shy away from an unemployed fella.
However, I would also say there may be mitigating factors that could sway me to reconsider.
Such as - why.
Or, general character of the guy - does it shine?
His other financial responsibilities - like child support? Is he buried?
I don't like this question! But I guess it's a fact of life that we girls would like an employed guy....maybe we can chalk it up in the column with the guys wanting a gal to have a nice bum? Not fair either!
So, he's gets a job (good luck!) and we can work on our butts. Even! :-)

Note: I feel for the unemployed and wish them all so much luck in turning it around!
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 65
Posted: 3/31/2012 4:01:27 PM

When given this theoretical question, and answering as an older gal (50), I'd say I'd have to shy away from an unemployed fella.However, I would also say there may be mitigating factors that could sway me to reconsider. Such as - why.

I would f*cking hope so.

At 50; many successful people are retiring and cashing in investments to go live a little!!

Heck ; half the jobs held by more than half the people in my city are meant/held for purely existing (only). At the time their 50; they wil have gone BACKWARDS in net worth, because they have "jobs", but not "good" ones; or even ones designed to carry any upwards lifestyle.
 Meems919
Msg: 66
Posted: 4/1/2012 7:23:11 AM

The difference between the two - should shake genuine and compassionate potential partners out of the trees. (That's what it used to do, back in those murderous early 1980's.)
Agreed. In many ways, it seems a more harshly me-only time, this time around, which I also understand....fear is a huge factor....I see it in the people who avoid the homeless, and we've always seen it in the faces of those who avoid anyone who has a fatal disease, etc. It is understandable. Hopefully, people learn to rise above that and see themselves in others, rather than seeing a threat. On the broader issues, I mean, not one's choice for friendship or connection...that is and always will be a complex case-by-case thing.

Thanking everyone for their responses. DrLonely, I agree with much you pointed out.
 DragonBits
Msg: 67
Posted: 4/1/2012 10:31:29 AM

Im sure alot of people worry about no one wanting them when their in a tough point in their life.

I myself used to think this. Until something happened to make me realise you can find someone at any time in your life.

Back in my late teens i'd ended up homeless. And while I was homeless I met someone in a bar and started dating them. Really helped me manage in that dark time in my life knowing that even at my worst someone still wanted me. Anyways ended up dating her for about 1year. Didnt work out in the long run.

True, but for me when I have been down and out and did not already have a relationship, I would rather work on fixing that first than take up a huge amount of valuable time dating someone new.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Does "down and out" mean unloveable?