Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Vegans      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Neptune74
Msg: 51
view profile
History
VegansPage 3 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
It's just simple. The guy states something. She goes a different way. What's the argue about. Respect the guys wish or do you think gender equality a one way street? It's 2012 let the guy be himself.
 DoubleParked
Msg: 52
Vegans
Posted: 3/29/2012 5:01:07 PM
Well didn't he just lay down the gauntlet, draw that line in the sand, double dare her to order some meat. I think in this situation, hypothetical though it may be, the focus is on the 'warning' he gave her, not the meat itself or the price she will have to pay when he refuses to change the rules of the game. Just an elaborate seduction technique, and probably an effective one given that he has known her for awhile, so knows her proclivities. ;-)
 Neptune74
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Vegans
Posted: 3/29/2012 5:08:20 PM
Naturemaid,

Veganism is a philosophical way of life. His statement is that he does not want his actions to go to helping the killing of other creatures. His work, thus his actions, give him money therefore he will not pay for the meat. I can't see how this isn't crystal clear to everyone. Everyone seems to focus on that he is culturally supposed to pay. A none equal relationship. It's clear they are not compatible in a philosophical meaning. She is not a gender equal person if she believes he should pay after he stated what he did.
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Vegans
Posted: 3/29/2012 5:08:37 PM
So this is woman is a teatotaler. She asks this guy out that she's known for a while and he's a drinker. She warned him that if he orders a beer as part of his meal, she will not pay for his lunch. They go out to lunch and he orders a beer. Apparently, that caused a verbal fight between them. What is your opinion on this situation? Should she impose her ways on him?
 Maleman999
Msg: 55
Vegans
Posted: 3/29/2012 5:10:18 PM
What the guy should've done is take her to McDonalds. That way, there would not be an issue with her carnivore ways while eating hamburgers with fake meat.
 scottey63
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Vegans
Posted: 3/29/2012 6:10:17 PM
I don't know why a vegan would ask a non-vegan out to begin with. Not much of a future in it since he sounds like he's pretty fanatical...umm...serious about it.

And don't knock PETA. I'm a charter member...People Eating Tasty Animals.
 cooldog65
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Vegans
Posted: 3/29/2012 6:28:21 PM
^^^^^
I'm a charter member too. Must pay my annual dues and do my part in the food chain...
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Vegans
Posted: 3/29/2012 7:23:37 PM
This thread is quite amusing

Of course it is . Another phony scenario that every one gets worked up about. What's amusing is that 'Vegans' are all suddenly condemned for imposing their lifestyle on everyone because of some non-existent guy taking a non-existent women out to lunch.

I I know a lot of vegans and have never known any of them to impose anything on anyone.
 Padawan61
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Vegans
Posted: 3/29/2012 8:00:40 PM
So this is guy is a Vegan. He asks this lady out that he's known for a while and she's not a Vegan. He warned her that if she orders meat as part of her meal, he will not pay for her lunch. They go out to lunch and she orders a burger. Apparently, that caused a verbal fight between them. What is your opinion on this situation?

My opinion?? Well, if this guy has the typical male vegan look ... i.e. gaunt and wasted ... he should order himself a giant Whopper next time.

I've seen two male posters on here who are vegans ... as well as the boyfriend of my friend's daughter ... and they all have this haggard appearance. Is the emaciated look common to male vegans?? Because my friend's daughter doesn't look wasted.
 cathybait
Msg: 60
Vegans
Posted: 3/29/2012 8:00:44 PM
All I can say is WOW, read some posts and it was enough, but it was nice to see some. I do appreciate common sense.
 hen
Msg: 61
Vegans
Posted: 3/29/2012 8:33:25 PM
Why did she fo out with him. If she have her own mind than she should learn to refuse to date guys who don't accept her way. We are suerly missing part of the story. There is something wrong with both of them. We can blame him for imposing his way while she already knew his way, It has nothing to do with vegan but 2 immature adult trying to hang out.
 hen
Msg: 62
Vegans
Posted: 3/29/2012 8:37:32 PM
i don't know which world you live in but I only see over weight human. Common if you don't have the knowledge and you are living like savage please don't impose on other who respect animals. I see overweight vegetarian too.
You want to abondone good for bad and live off kiling and war. Atleast try to learn
 coderedjulia1
Msg: 63
Vegans
Posted: 3/29/2012 8:43:27 PM
I'm seen meat eaters eat horribly and vegetarians eat horribly too. It's all about eating the right things, not pressuring someone to eat no meat at all. You can still be healthy and eat meat, girll chicken and veggies or fish. I see lots of young girls who are vegetarians load up on carbs and junk food. Tons of white bread..etc. They should be eating more veggies, and maybe eat some beans for protein.
 WiseBurro
Msg: 64
Vegans
Posted: 3/29/2012 8:43:30 PM
I can understand this. Years ago Vegas was infamous for having those dirt cheap steak dinners, shrimp co*ktails, buffets, etc.,..but unless you live there, you may not know that these cheap lures are all but in the past. Food is friggin' expensive, especially meat!
 Padawan61
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Vegans
Posted: 3/29/2012 9:02:18 PM
please don't impose on other who respect animals

Don't impose on those who respect animals ... but it's okay to impose demands on people who want to eat one?? Double-standards much?? Often, it is the militant vegan who will impose their beliefs on others.

You want to abondone good for bad and live off kiling and war. Atleast try to learn

What does war have to do with chowing down on a burger?? From that post, you should try to learn something too.
 daynadaze
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Vegans
Posted: 3/29/2012 9:41:26 PM
I wouldn't go on a date if it started with threats of what I can or cannot do.
 walkingtall37
Msg: 67
Vegans
Posted: 3/29/2012 10:06:37 PM
I think it is stupid. Did she know ahead of time that he would do that? If so have to wonder why she would even go on a date with someone that silly about matters. No...I don't think anyone should impose their ways on others. Especially something as ridiculous as what they choose to eat.

Although I suppose an argument could be made for things like onions or garlic. Least if you plan on kissing later on. Then again I suppose if your date is going awful you could always request heavy onions with your meal.
 theforumfiend
Msg: 68
Vegans
Posted: 3/29/2012 10:13:38 PM

So this is guy is a Vegan. He asks this lady out that he's known for a while and she's not a Vegan. He warned her that if she orders meat as part of her meal, he will not pay for her lunch. They go out to lunch and she orders a burger. Apparently, that caused a verbal fight between them. What is your opinion on this situation? Should he impose his ways on her?

Interesting what some people consider foreplay, but to each their own.
 sunnydaze2010
Msg: 69
Vegans
Posted: 3/29/2012 10:26:29 PM
i don't like smoking so i don't date smokers...end of story! i wouldn't dream of pushing my way of life on someone. he shouldn't have asked her out in the first place!!
 onlydateIF
Msg: 70
Vegans
Posted: 3/29/2012 11:11:06 PM
Here's a little sory for you. A friend and I were invited out by a 3rd friend, who is a Tibetan vegetarian Buddhist visiting to see her Lama who wasa visiting here also. They are vegetarians on the idea that the only meat they eat would be yak meat. In their eyes, the issue is about how many lives are taken for the meal-one yak feeds many people. Shockingly, with no prompting from us, she ordered a shrimp plate because she assumed we in the west liked shrimp and didn't share this Tibetan belief re # of lives taken. Not only did she not negatively judge us for being different, she assumed and accepted that we probably were, ordered and paid for the shrimp. I don't even eat shrimp, so unfortunately, all those little lives were taken for no good reason But, point here was: he was making his morals your morals. Not everyone would behave like that
 FrancoisVillon
Msg: 71
Vegans
Posted: 3/30/2012 1:14:28 AM
No kidding .They are both idiots.
And mostevery body think one is more right then the other .
OMG, Please .
Do I need to post a tread about a gay man , and lesbian, they have a date, and they argue about sex ?
Y'all going to tell me who is right and who is wrong .... Right ?
 JoseMadre
Msg: 72
Vegans
Posted: 3/30/2012 9:56:34 AM
In the situation described, I believe she is in the wrong. He gave her fair warning and she chose to go out with him, and to ignore what he said. Suppose the dispute had been alcohol and his warning was instead, "I'm do not drink alcohol. I will pay for your meal and beverage, but I will not pay for any alcohol."

As far as can be seen from the description, he did not tell her that she cannot do something, only that he will not financially participate in it. How is this an imposition of his ways?
 deerdog1
Msg: 73
Vegans
Posted: 3/30/2012 10:26:04 AM

President Clinton is a vegan...he doesn't tell anyone not to wear a leather coat. He's a vegan flor health reasons.

may be but evidently he had no problem with Monica eating his meat...
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Vegans
Posted: 3/30/2012 11:39:23 AM
Which proves the point that he didn't impose his veganism on her.
 AdventureBear1
Msg: 75
Vegans
Posted: 3/30/2012 12:00:15 PM
I read the first 2 pages, a lot of morons in this thread and a few sensible people.

He set the boundaries before and the conditions. She decided to order meat anyways, she pays for her own meal. Simple

Should he say "Well you ordered meat anyways, I was just kidding before. I am gonna pay"

Obviously the guy has strong views about being vegan and he is entitled to them. Most Vegan have strong views about animal cruelty. Consuming meat = animal cruelty. He doesn't want to pay for someone to eat meat. It makes sense to me.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Vegans