Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Vegans      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Capn_America
Msg: 76
VegansPage 4 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)

while I have never understood vegans .. we are meant to be meat eaters ..we are carnivores...our bodies process meat very well we need the protein from meat

I beg to differ here. We arent "meant" to be anything at all; we are who we decide we are (its pathetic people mostly decide to be so less than who they CAN be, but that's another subject entirely).
Our ancestors were basically monkeys who evolved. The first human beings, the cavemen, gathered fruit from trees and fished (arg, yup, we ate bananas...). The first society were not hunter-based, that came later in the evolution change. So if vegans want to eat only plants, there is nothing preventing them doing so. Ipersonnally think eventually they might develop more health problems, because of certain things that would be found in the bodies of meat eaters that wouldnt be in theirs, but at the same time, the reverse can also be true, and I'm no biologist to know this for a fact.
All I do know is if one's belief doesnt interfere with mine, they can do whatever they want, and that's where problems stem from.......
Because NO ONE is like that. Everyone in modern society is so convinced that "there way is the best way" that they keep practically demanding everyone be like them. Wether it be THIS issue, or politics, or religions, or what colour to pain the fence, you name it. As such, they wont tolerate anyone that is different from them. And THATS what's wrong... You have to accept someone else's values or beliefs, at the very least respect them, no matter what they are, wether it be this, or religion, or anything else. It's called Freedom, and were all allowed to it. The only time we arent is when our Freedom steps on someone else's.....and God knows people are EXPERTS at that.

So leave the leaf eaters alone in their own plates,is what I say. And Leaf-Eaters....let me eat my steak in peace, and think happy thoughts instead of the cow I ate. Because try it as you might, NO ONE who has a good nice Texas BBQ steak will EVER trade it for a salad, no matter how much you whine that we have no heart killing poor defenseless animals. And for all those Meat-Eaters out there...we also know you guys are abnormal for hitting needlessly on someone who's enjoying his salad, and it really DOES make you look like complete d*cks, especially if done in a middle of a restaurant at noon. So both groups, put a freakin sock in it and concentrate on matters that are actually worthy of someone's attentions for more than 5 micro-seconds........
 theforumfiend
Msg: 77
Vegans
Posted: 3/30/2012 12:36:43 PM

He set the boundaries before and the conditions. She decided to order meat anyways, she pays for her own meal. Simple

If only it were that simple. The OP was not clear if the fight was because the woman thought the man should still pay for her meal or if they argued because she ordered meat. All answers are based on our perspectives of what we think happened.
 JONITA
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Vegans
Posted: 3/30/2012 1:40:44 PM
He's an idiot. I'm a vegan and I don't expect anyone else to change their dietary preferences. If the person that I'm seeing eats a healthy diet, then I'm happy with that.
 lacalli
Msg: 79
Vegans
Posted: 3/30/2012 2:15:56 PM
I eat only a small amount of chicken/turkey and not that often (I do it because I was a vegetarian for years and think a small amount of animal protein is necessary) but it's none of my business if someone else wants to eat a steak. I'd ask them to watch a film on slaughterhouses maybe but For some people it's a whole lifestyle and I certainly understand that. Then they need to date others with the same lifestyle.
 lotustemple
Msg: 80
Vegans
Posted: 3/30/2012 2:22:22 PM
I read the first 2 pages, a lot of morons in this thread and a few sensible people.

He set the boundaries before and the conditions. She decided to order meat anyways, she pays for her own meal. Simple

Should he say "Well you ordered meat anyways, I was just kidding before. I am gonna pay"

Obviously the guy has strong views about being vegan and he is entitled to them. Most Vegan have strong views about animal cruelty. Consuming meat = animal cruelty. He doesn't want to pay for someone to eat meat. It makes sense to me.

Makes perfect sense to me too. Interesting isn't it how many adults have no concept of what an agreement looks like or personal responsibility for their behavior. I guess they think everything is re-negociable after the fact.....WTF???

And to anyone clueless as to his mindset see the movie "Temple Grandin" or read the book for some insight into unnecessary animal cruelty in the "industry". Free range is the only way to go.
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Vegans
Posted: 3/30/2012 2:34:17 PM
am vegan and have not ever stated that it is natural to be so. It is a choice.
I like the taste of meat but not the fact that an animals life has to end for me to eat it.
I do not wish any animal to suffer in order for me to eat.
It is healthier to be Vegan, I am hardly ever unwell.

Same here but vegetarian. I actually think it's probably good for growing kids and expecting mothers to eat a bit of meat. ( a bit meaning a small amount).

But after age 35 or so?...no. My girlfriend and I are in out mid 50's. excellent health. No meds. Good vital signs. Active and toned.

As for a mention of PETA...it's amusing how PETA is attacked when there is a several hundred billion dollar meat industry pushing junk food to kids on every corner...and hundreds of millions in advertising aimed at kids to urge mom and dad to start them off early in life on clogging up the arteries.

PETA vs McDonalds, Wendys, Burger King, KFC, etc...etc...etc...and folks worry sbout PETA?
 Texan_Gal
Msg: 82
Vegans
Posted: 3/30/2012 4:40:23 PM

NO ONE who has a good nice Texas BBQ steak will EVER trade it for a salad

I know you were being tongue-in-cheek, but I've lived in Texas since I was a baby and had many Texas steaks growing up. I haven't eaten a single bite of red meat in over 10 years. :P

I don't think the vegan/vegetarian bashing here is cool. A lot of people choose that diet for various health reasons, a lot choose it because they dislike animal slaughter, and regardless of the reason, some of the things said about them in here are pretty vile and immature. I'd think the PETA-type fanatics are the "loud minority."
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Vegans
Posted: 3/30/2012 4:46:57 PM
Ya, even as a kid I found the milk thing a bit bizarre. Used to dump it when my mother wasn't looking (except for chocolate milk).

Today, regardless of one's view on milk consumption, I wouldn't give a kid milk. A bit probably doesn't matter but a glass or two a day for their formative years is risky...so much junk in it. I once heard a pediatrician sayin he wouldn't give his 9 year old a glass of store-bought milk or a glass of beer but, if having to choose, he's opt for the beer....less 'unknown' hormone effects, etc.
 Archangel_07
Msg: 84
Vegans
Posted: 3/30/2012 4:55:17 PM
Hell no, he should not impose his ways on her. Good that she ordered the burger cuz if I was in that position I'd order the bbq chicken with fries just to piss her off >:-p. I pay for my own damn lunch and tell her take a hike.
 greenIsis777
Msg: 85
Vegans
Posted: 3/30/2012 5:27:48 PM
haha, I am laughing at this because I am a vegetarian and this guy is giving us a bad name! a jerk is a jerk, vegan or not!
 cooldog65
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Vegans
Posted: 3/30/2012 10:47:08 PM
I'm willing to eat vegan, as long as she is willing to enjoy my "meat".

I'm so bad! Going to my corner for a timeout.
 walkingtall37
Msg: 87
Vegans
Posted: 3/31/2012 2:31:32 AM

I read the first 2 pages, a lot of morons in this thread and a few sensible people.

She should have walked out on his ass the moment he set such a ridiculous boundary.
 cathybait
Msg: 88
Vegans
Posted: 3/31/2012 6:22:50 AM
haha, I am laughing at this because I am a vegetarian and this guy is giving us a bad name! a jerk is a jerk, vegan or not!

Sorry but I don't believe so, now if he wasn't a vegan than yeah one big jerk. I don't know were people are getting the idea that he said she couldn't eat meat or the idea that he's telling her what she can or cannot do I never got that at all from the OP. is there fine print somewhere
 lookingforsophia
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Vegans
Posted: 3/31/2012 6:38:04 AM
HelloImVegan - I agree with you.. She probably ordered a Vegan Burger and failed to read the fine print in the ingredients and never realized they don't use real Vegans, beef or bacon.
 cathybait
Msg: 90
Vegans
Posted: 3/31/2012 7:13:19 AM
lookingforsophia-HelloImVegan - I agree with you.. She probably ordered a Vegan Burger and failed to read the fine print in the ingredients and never realized they don't use real Vegans, beef or bacon.

Interesting point what kind of burger was it, maybe there wasn't any meat in it at all? vegan burger and using real vegans
 chameleonf
Msg: 91
Vegans
Posted: 3/31/2012 7:50:42 AM

She sounds like an entitled prima donna who thinks she can do whatever she wants & could care less if it makes another person uncomfortable & has no intentions of compromising because life is all about her. She ordered the burger just to be a beotch! I really doubt it would have killed her to have one meal that did not include meat. I hope he kicked her butt to the curb.

Wha??? That's like saying he ordered the vegan meal just to be a **stard. She ordered what she wanted just as much as he ordered what he wanted. Your form of "compromise" is no compromise at all. I have no idea what their fight was about because it wasn't made clear, but if a person feels this strongly about someone else eating meat to the point of making restrictions, he should only date people who are vegans to begin with. Is she to "compromise" on every meal she has with this man by never eating meat? That then becomes dictatorial, not a compromise.
 Julietsdestiny
Msg: 92
Vegans
Posted: 3/31/2012 7:50:54 AM
My ex husband was a vegan. I had to cook his Indian style meal, then my meat eating toddlers meal, then my puree'd babies meal then my MEAT meal.
If you choose to be a Vegan then cook your own damn meals and don't invite a carnivore to your table.
A vegan expects a carnivore to 'respect' the fact they don't eat meat.....well have some respect for the carnivores!
 lookingforsophia
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Vegans
Posted: 3/31/2012 8:11:31 AM

CTRL C "I have no idea what their fight was about because it wasn't made clear,

I was'nt there so I'm jest guessin here; perhaps they had a simple misunderstanding.
She probably thought he was a hypocrite and got upset, when he tryed to show her he was not a cheap skate and bought her a box of Girl Scout cookies.
 OutofControlMan
Msg: 94
Vegans
Posted: 3/31/2012 12:06:18 PM

Wha??? That's like saying he ordered the vegan meal just to be a **stard. She ordered what she wanted just as much as he ordered what he wanted. Your form of "compromise" is no compromise at all. I have no idea what their fight was about because it wasn't made clear, but if a person feels this strongly about someone else eating meat to the point of making restrictions, he should only date people who are vegans to begin with. Is she to "compromise" on every meal she has with this man by never eating meat? That then becomes dictatorial, not a compromise.

Shakespeare said it best hundreds of years ago: "much ado about nothing".

they are clearly incompatible, why the need for a DRAMA show to prove it?
 lotustemple
Msg: 95
Vegans
Posted: 3/31/2012 12:09:23 PM

Today, regardless of one's view on milk consumption, I wouldn't give a kid milk. A bit probably doesn't matter but a glass or two a day for their formative years is risky...so much junk in it. I once heard a pediatrician sayin he wouldn't give his 9 year old a glass of store-bought milk or a glass of beer but, if having to choose, he's opt for the beer....less 'unknown' hormone effects, etc.

And i won't date a guy who drinks milk, no matter who pays for it. Something about watching people drink it creeps me out. Yuk, leave it for the baby cows or your sinuses will be stuffed up....double yuk.
 Della D
Msg: 96
Vegans
Posted: 3/31/2012 3:33:55 PM
Not hat I mind paying my share on a date, but if the person in question would tell me that if I ordered something for myself HE did not agree with he would not pay, I would nominate him for this weeks f... yourself award and quickly opt out of the planned date.

What a petty minded prick!
 willowgrrl
Msg: 97
Vegans
Posted: 3/31/2012 3:41:42 PM
He was trying to control you and the way around that is to avoid him or order what you wish and pay for it. I have a hard time with vegans - sent someone an invitation to a party, that happened to have hamburgers in the scene (picnic scene) and she blew her top. Bye bye!
 m8t
Msg: 98
Vegans
Posted: 3/31/2012 3:49:04 PM
There are so many things to discuss that really matter.
Food isnt one of them. I have lost 15 pounds recently-
My boyfriend is livid over the fact Im losing booty.
So to compromise I stopped dieting with a mainly organic/raw
vegan diet and include more cooked foods and meat.
Thats what relationships are all about.
They arent about me me me but our partners too.
 Dili_gent
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Vegans
Posted: 3/31/2012 6:25:10 PM
Vegas were a great effort by General Motors. But the combination of aluminum heads with a cast iron motor casting created many problems with th.......Oh, you said Vegans.

Sorry, disregard this post.
 Sacrificial Lamb
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Vegans
Posted: 4/1/2012 1:30:49 AM
That relationship is not going to last.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Vegans