Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 kclady42
Msg: 25
Do women exist that do not want kids?Page 2 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
I don't want children anymore now i am over 40 I like keeping my paycheck LOL I never been able to conceive anyways.
 pheonixphyre_Heather
Msg: 28
Do women exist that do not want kids?
Posted: 8/17/2012 11:15:29 AM
lol I'm amazed no one paid attention to the fact that you only wanna have sex for fun. I'd rather have a guy commit.. as for having more kids, some of us don't have the chance or possibility to even think of it let alone plan for it... i'd rather just have a guy who already had kids, or would accept that I have them. Sex should be part of a commitment to 1 person, and not just for fun sakes.
 Miss W
Msg: 29
Posted: 8/18/2012 1:31:01 PM
I like them, but have always felt that I am best being the eccentric auntie. Every kid needs one. As I've gotten older, it seems to be a good decision given the way the world is going. I have always enjoyed nieces, nephews, friends' kids and now grand nieces and nephews and friends' grand kids.
 RedDelPaPa
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2012 8:33:58 PM

I guess that would one of the best reasons not to have kids. There are too many people in the world today. We need more people to volunteer and not have kids. I doubt we would ever have enough people to slow population growth or even stablize it.

I agree that we humans are way over populated. However, if more or most people would only have one or two kids, the population would begin to decline gradually. This may sound weird to some people, but every adult having roughly around 2.5 kids would equal zero population growth. Why/how 2.5? Some couples would only have 1 child, while others would have 3. And then you have to factor in deaths before reproductive age, disease, disasters, accidents, etc.

I will say this though in talking to a lot of people. Most people who have kids admit they were terrified before they had them. Overwhelmed with what they thought they were getting in to. But all of them have told me afterwards that having kids was the greatest thing in their lives to ever happen to them. Your chemistry changes and you feel a love you've never felt before. After you see that crying baby who's life depends on you, you happily change as a person.
 thehumorinlife
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 8/19/2012 8:08:03 AM
So far my experience is this: most women on first blush will leave the door open for children. Look at how many profiles say "wants kids" when the the woman is 37, 38, 39 even though that's highly inadvisable medically and even if they already have some of their own. The truth is in many of these women's cases this is not a true deal breaker...but it some it is. I have had the unfortunate experience of the only two people I've truly connected with after my divorce wanting kids no exceptions and its been a painful choice for both me and them to end things. I never close a door because of a woman wanting kids up front, but I also make it an early topic....if I can during communication before a first date. So, yes, they are out there but unfortunately its just another filter along with 2 dozen others that narrow your prospects to the point where, in my case, probably only 5 out of 100 women are possibilities and once you toss in the filters of THOSE 5%? Well....so far until I'm proven otherwise I'm of thr opinion that dating and finding someone for a LTR in your 30's without either party "settling" is next to impossible
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 8/20/2012 7:57:16 AM
I agree with you Msserenity --

I have never wanted children for some VERY good reasons:

1. As a child my family was somewhat disfunctional. I grew up thinking that most people resented their kids and considered them a bother. It wasn't until I started working in the adult world -- and meeting adults with families -- that I realized that most people adore their kids.

2. Because of my upbringing I was not capable of taking proper care of a child. I barely had the energy to take care of myself. In my case it think it would have been selfish to have had a child.

3. When I was younger there was some stigma attached to having children out of wedlock. IMHO I believe that there still SHOULD be. IMO, Children fare better in a home with two loving parents. I know that some of you are divorced, or widowed and cannot help being a single parent. But I think it is selfish to deliberately parent children without the benefit of marrying first. IMHO I believe that behavior is destructive to our society.

4. I used to like children a lot. But now that our government has interferred so much with the way our children are raised, and our schools have filled them with so much PC drivel, MANY children grow up to be horrible brats. Yes, there are other good and well behaved children out there, but statistcally only about 25% our next genereration will be able to support themselves. I agree with those who don't want to continue "raising" adult children, who continue to live at home and mooch off them.

5. I also agree with those who said that in today's world it is too dangerous to send the kids anywhere. There is a sudden epidemic of child molesters. That would be hard to deal with.
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 8/23/2012 9:51:30 PM

There is no 'sudden' epidemic of child molesters. What there is, is a sudden epidemic of KNOWING about them. There were still pedophiles prior to the "information age", but now everyone knows everything the second it happens, which makes it seem like more bad things are happening, when in reality, we're just more AWARE of the bad things that are happening.

Kids are still most likely to abused, molested, or kidnapped by a family member, or a family friend, than a stranger

You may be quite correct. However, when I was a kid, people could let their kids play outside, ride their bicycles for miles, go places unattended, etc. People didn't have to organize "play dates". They just let their kids go outside and play.

I can even remember seeing baby carriages left outside of stores when Mom went in to shops. Nobody bothered the babies. Imagine seeing that now.

Now I see so many people fearing to let older children out of their sight. Until the stores made "family restrooms" I couldn't even go to a public restroom without some woman bringing her pre-teen son in there with her. Same with the dressing rooms in clothing stores.

There may have been 20 child molesters on every block. But it's just that no one ever heard of them in the past. I can remember when I was 5 or so. My 7 year old sister and I went "Trick or Treating" all around the neighborhood by ourselves at night. So did the other kids. Imagine anyone letting their kids do that now.
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 8/24/2012 7:02:07 AM

Exactly, and this is because we were taught how to interact (or rather not interact) with strangers, and how to call for help, call 911, run to a friend's house, etc.

Exactly. It may be also due -- at least in part-- to a "mass hysteria" on the part of adults that re: child molesters/child endangerment.

There is definately pressure by the public to treat their children as if they weren't capable of having any common sense. Parents fear being arrested for "child endangerment" because they discipline their children -- so they can't to be trusted not to run into a busy street, or hop into a car with just anybody, etc, there's bound to be more tradgedies involving young lives.

Children grow up helpless and incompetent, bringing troubles of all kinds on themselves. But public pressure teaches all of us that NOTHING is the fault of the child --- even those in their late teens.
 DTC1999
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 8/24/2012 7:13:02 PM
from my experience on this site... 2 years ago I met a girl from POF who was 35, I was 29.. we clicked pretty good until I started talking long term.. she had no desire for marriage or kids... so within a few weeks after, it was over... so to answer the OP's question.. yes there are women on this site who don't want kids.. or marriage for that matter..
 LittleMiss64
Msg: 39
Posted: 8/29/2012 5:37:04 AM
I certainly don't want any kids! I'm already 48.. and definitely no kids!
 eDavid1974
Msg: 40
Posted: 10/21/2012 4:50:20 PM
Indeed, where?
 VolcanoKing
Msg: 42
Posted: 10/22/2012 8:39:54 PM
Huh? In a world of 7 billion people we're supposed to feel guilty for not having kids?

Uh yeah...not having kids.

And forget the stupid finger pointing "You're selfish for not wanting kids!" crap. We all have the right to make our own choices, to have kids or not to have them. That's what birth control was invented for.
 LAgoodguy
Msg: 45
Posted: 10/23/2012 2:19:38 PM
Heck you had to see some women in there mid to late 40s. That mention they want kids..... Do people realy want to change dipers when they are 50???
 jfeev
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 10/24/2012 1:36:22 AM
There are certainly women out there that don't want to have kids and I applaud them for it. I am guilty of being a father. I got married at a young age with someone whom I never should've married because we were living together, engage (again why I did that I'm not sure - young and dumb!!) and she was pregnant. My daughter is now 12yrs old and she lives with her mother in my home town of which I no longer reside. Of course I see my daughter, pay child support, do birthdays, Christmas and other important moments in her life, but I'm not with her on a regular basis. It's extremely difficult being a parent and for those who think that this feeling of euphoria or moment of clarity hits you when you have a child - news flash there's not. I was terrified and I did what I had to do, until I decided to better "provide" for my child financially (forsaking the emotional connection), and joined the Armed Forces.

At this point in my life I have not found many women who don't have kids. There was one woman around my age that I met who had no kids and realistically believed that she didn't feel she would ever be financially ready to have kids. However, she was on the fence as to whether she WANTED to have kids or not. All of the other women I've been involved with of late have had kids or want kids and I really have no desire to have any MORE kids.

I agree with those who believe it is selfless to not want to have kids for a multitude of the reasons given in previous post. Someone said something about the possibility of a decline in population as a result of people not procreating...please bring it on. With the amount of natural resources being expended, the number of students in classrooms, the meddlesome society (as a species, not just here in America - although we are far worse here) and the uncertainty of the world financial markets/economic positions; why not slow growth for a little while to allow the ship to be righted. I remember being a kid and getting my a** whopped on a regular basis. Back then it was a choice or a way of discipling kids for some (and for many where I grew up). Nowadays it is sacreligious and kids are basic running households. I'm not saying whoop your kids until they understand, I'm just saying for those that do CHOOSE to have kids - it's their choice and their kids to raise as they see fit. Yes, I'm ranting - I just feel it's an utter absurdity for people to think there is something unnatural or psychologically wrong with woman who have the presence of mind and dignity to not have unwanted children.
 jim605
Msg: 49
Posted: 3/13/2013 4:21:41 PM
hi i am jim i am look for a good lady i have a vascetomy 2yrs can't fine a lady that want a man that been fixed i hop to here from all the lady that want a good man
 AthenaMarina
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Posted: 3/29/2013 2:15:00 PM
YES!
Although I am divorced now.
I was married without kids (by choice) & now I still don't want kids.
I like them but don't want my own.
 MOD3
Msg: 56
Posted: 6/18/2013 7:30:02 PM
Sigh...At 43..I still want a child..................guess i have to adopt a child..Is time really running out for me?Hummphhff...All kidding aside...I'm still hoping,,,
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 57
Posted: 7/2/2013 1:37:02 PM
Everyone's opinion on this matter is as widely varied as their own background. There's plenty of women who've already experienced the pain of child labor (and rearing) multiple times, and I don't blame them for not wanting to do that again - and there are others who are borderline desperate from wanting a child.

What I ask is that whatever your opinion may be, when you state it - keep an open mind that others will be different. I just get sick when I see snap assumptions included with the opinion, like, "Hell, no I don't want any more kids - and I think anyone who does is a lunatic."

What I'm more curious about is the idea that if a woman already has kids, why does it seem like they are so defensive about a boyfriend getting involved in their lives? At the risk of hijacking the thread -- if a guy is fine about not having a baby, but wants to be part of a family with kids, what is his motivation to be JUST your boyfriend for XX months (or even XX years) before getting to meet the kids? It seems like some ladies are perfectly willing to have a sleepover within a few dates, but, God forbid he comes over on a Saturday morning and helps load the kids in the minivan for T-Ball or something like that. Now, I understand the protective nature of being a parent, but I ALSO know that people can meet, date, get engaged and even married within a year. I guess I'm open to the idea that 'compatibility' can be found without sticking to a specific timeline, and so can a healthy family environment - as long as you're open to the possibility.
 cooldog65
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 7/5/2013 6:39:57 AM
Don't like kids, never have, get over it, I have:) We got enough little shits running around....

Woman of my dreams...

No little crunchers for me. Gotta get that vasectomy in the near future.
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 61
Posted: 7/29/2013 4:32:08 PM

Do single women without kids really want to get married and not have kids? It just seems I have been turned down more and more after I changed my mind that I do not want kids

Obviously the OP here didn't mean women who don't want to have any more kids -- but those WITHOUT kids to still never have them.

I would say look more in the big cities where you'll find more career women AND 30+ for your best bet. If you're out in the country in a small town, much less of a chance you'll find one that you'll connect with.
 RQB913
Msg: 63
Posted: 8/3/2013 9:19:23 PM
I've asked myself the very same question that the op stated. I like kids well enough. I work with them. Spend a lot of time during the summer with my nephews and nieces. When I come home though, no thanks.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 64
Posted: 8/4/2013 4:46:58 AM

Do single women without kids really want to get married and not have kids? It just seems I have been turned down more and more after I changed my mind that I do not want kids.

While some women think it's kind of pointless to get married if they don't want kids, I'm sure there are women out there that do anyway. You'll find one.

I'm a woman who never wanted kids, so yes of course they exist.

It's human nature to want kids.

Is that so?
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 69
Posted: 8/7/2013 9:46:12 AM
This is seriously turning into a political thread. I'm waiting for someone in here to say, "If you're not WITH us, then you're AGAINST us." because that's pretty much the sentiment of several people in here. Who's running for President for the 'Breeders' and 'Non-Breeders' parties? (That's sarcasm, people - don't answer it.)

Part of respecting people's choices in here is realizing other people can decide what they want to do with their own bodies, minds, and lives, no matter how messed up they may appear to be. Wanting kids has everything to do with your own past experiences as well as your future goals, and no two are exactly alike. That's why biology made us 'stupid' to the little differences and compels us to screw our brains out occasionally so the species can continue regardless of how smart or stupid you may be about being a parent.
 LillyBeth01
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 8/20/2013 12:25:15 PM
I've never been into kids...not gone ga-ga over babies, and have never been broody. Maybe I'm missing a gene or maybe I have "issues" but I'm content as I am and have never regretted not having had any. As I'm not keen on children I don't want to date a full-time dad either as it wouldn't be right for any of us.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >