Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Date left when she saw what was for dinner :(      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BerniesAlive
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Date left when she saw what was for dinner :( Page 2 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
she's stupid. I'd eat that s...
 RushLuv
Msg: 27
Date left when she saw what was for dinner :(
Posted: 3/31/2012 11:24:23 AM
Douchebag move. Even if the meal wasn't what I normally wouldn't eat, I wouldn't have insulted the guy.

This beeyitch was out of line.
 laskoboo
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2012 11:40:45 AM

I think it went down more like her not thinking it looked real yummy and then the chef explaining how he went to great lengths to figure out her "macro's" as he didnt dig fatass women etc....

MY THOUGHTS TOO !!!

well OP..
whatever the case.. you lose.
back to the kitchen and learn how to cook a nice dinner and serve it with more class i guess :)
 NellieBly
Msg: 29
Posted: 3/31/2012 11:51:22 AM
She takes 1 look and freaks out and "I'm not eating that s..." Keep in mind, I even took the time to figure her macros, no easy task considering women always lie about their weight. Anyway, this leads to a huge fight and she leaves.

Some people...

She was looking for a date not a personal nutritionist. No one needs to hear about their flaws on a date.

Fail (not because the OP cooked - because asparagus was served - yuck!).
 lisa29405
Msg: 30
Posted: 3/31/2012 12:00:33 PM
Suggestion for next time.....Anytime I invite a man over for dinner, I ask "Is pork chops ok?", or something similar. Never have had a problem with him not eating what I cooked , this way.
 smilingrock
Msg: 31
Posted: 3/31/2012 12:06:42 PM
She was probably having a Big Mac attack or was looking for a hot dog on a bun.

All jokes aside your date was a classless ****!
 RushLuv
Msg: 32
Posted: 3/31/2012 12:08:37 PM
Let me try this again.

So OP has a strict diet he goes by, and prefer his dates to be the same way. He invites this girl over (assuming,) serves her food she did NOT agree to without even asking her what she would like to have for dinner, because after all, she was the guest. He serves her brown rice asparagus, and she flips.

All right. I'll retract what was originally stated in my previous post, both of them were in the wrong.

He was in the wrong for trying to control what strange women should eat, and she was wrong for reacting the way she did. However, it was still a douchebag move on her part for being an utter b*tch.
 TraveliciousGuy
Msg: 33
Posted: 3/31/2012 12:08:57 PM

I ask "Is pork chops ok?",

Yes, they are. What time is dinner?

Ocee
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2012 12:18:30 PM
We don't get alot of host training.

Now you know to discuss likes and dislikes before shopping for the meal.

If you really want to prepare the meal blind, be prepared with a plan B,
and be nice about it. Handling your misstep gracefully may have been more impressive to your date than guessing the right meal to prepare.

If her reaction was impolite enough to cause you to lose interest,

just offer to call her a cab.
 IronBelle
Msg: 35
Posted: 3/31/2012 12:36:08 PM
^ My guess too. Something is missing from his little story. Meanwhile, someone needs to figure OP's macros out . Just from what I see.
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 36
Posted: 3/31/2012 12:40:34 PM
Waaaaaay too much starch with all that rice---I would have only eaten half of it. Other than that, it looked like a pretty tasty meal for a health-conscious woman. She was definitely rude and out-of-line.

In the future, you should take the time to find out what a woman's eating habits are before inviting her over for dinner. Who needs a junk food princess---and one with zero manners to boot?

I have declined meeting some men after they gave me indication that they were not healthy eaters---figuring our lifestyles wouldn't be compatible.
 synglern
Msg: 37
Posted: 3/31/2012 12:49:31 PM
Was it your first meet with her? Why would you cook something that you weren't even sure they like.. I don't eat chicken or rice... I cook what i know my guests enjoy..... her attitude may have been crappy but..... and you have been on here since 2010?????
 synglern
Msg: 38
Posted: 3/31/2012 12:52:30 PM
and invite a complete stranger to your home?? something not right here....
 DrummingNut
Msg: 39
Posted: 3/31/2012 12:54:09 PM
what the heck is macros?
 RushLuv
Msg: 40
Posted: 3/31/2012 12:54:24 PM
Cowboy,

The point is that she was downright rude, and for some reason you fail to see that. F*ck it. She was out of line.

I already retracted what I intially stated, but I won't take it all back.
 JSNC7
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2012 12:54:37 PM
I think that there were several points that should be made about this situation comedy:

It's my belief, and experience that most women do not go to a man's house on the first meeting, for safety reasons. Sure, there are exceptions.

If the OP had previously met the woman, and cooked for her so that she would eat as HE thought that she should, then the OP had a hidden agenda. Or many.

If you aren't attracted to someone, be a Gentleman, and remember, it's only going to be one date.

If you choose to date women who are not your physical type, and then you try to change them, I suggest that you cancel your Cable Television, because you already create, star, and direct more than enough DRAMA in your life.

If you REALLY want to save money on restaurants, and going out in general, call the woman and ask her to marry you! That way you can both never go out in public, because you will be fighting with each other all of the time.

Calling the woman a, " fat ass " ...you didn't score points, nor credibility with anyone, using that term to describe a woman.

We've read how you description of her as a, " fat ass ". Don't you just wonder how SHE is describing YOU ?

The way that the woman reacted, after you made the effort to cook for her, was rude. I would not have offered her a cab, to go home. Instead, I would have offered her a BROOM, on which to fly.

Remember, it takes at least 2 to make a conversation, and at least 2 to create an argument. It sounds like it took both of you to shove each of your opinions down the other's throat.

It sounds to me like both of you did your share of the arguing. There were other ways to conduct yourselves.
 Archangel_07
Msg: 42
Posted: 3/31/2012 12:56:13 PM
I would talk about what she likes in future next time. Anyway, She's just rude and can't appreciate people's cooking. OP you dodged a bullet. I would not just walk out on a date when she cooked me a delicious meal, I would sit and eat everything on my plate unless it the food was RAW then I'm not eating it. It's called respect and manners. Smh
 Maleman999
Msg: 43
Posted: 3/31/2012 1:12:51 PM
Did you offer her a doggy bag before she left? There's a lot of holes in the story. Nobody freaks when served food unless you cooked the neighbor's dog or cat or her nephew. And there was no reference to what exactly the fight was about-it couldn't be simply the food selection. More info OP.
 friendshipcomesfirst
Msg: 44
Posted: 3/31/2012 1:34:08 PM
Seriously, I'm a big woman, and I would have eaten grillled chicken, brown rice, and asparagus... so major fail assuming that that food is only for skinny people.

So many factors go into someone's eating habits. Perhaps she doesn't eat meat and was offended. Asparagus is fanastic! But it's also a personal preference typy viggie. Lots of people don't like it... there are so many nuetral veggies.

Did you REALLY try to figure out her macros?? WOW! I would have left at the point where I learned that- whether the food was good or not! SCREAMS "stalker" to me... I mean not just a red flag, more like a hundred red flags! I would probably have done something incredibly rude and embarrassing before leaving to give you reason to not pursue... since you clearly have no concept of boundaries!
 christyis4real
Msg: 45
Posted: 3/31/2012 1:38:07 PM
She' s a dumbass...seriously...all she had to do is "fake it to make it" and not act like an idiot. Better you saw how petty she was now and not later. ;)
 TerrieLynnC
Msg: 46
Posted: 3/31/2012 1:44:12 PM
OP If the woman in question is a "fatass" then why did you invite her over for dinner!??!?!?

What she did was a bit rude but your no prince charming yourself because you didn't bother to find out what she likes............and dislikes(asparagus---YUK)
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2012 1:48:05 PM
Cowboy has you down cold, OP.

I read that someone was so egotistical that they actually photographed their cooking and put it online, and I see "control freak" written all over the thing.

Add in that you self-righteously announced that you "went to the trouble" of analyzing her "macro," and then served her a meal that you decided was what she "needed," and I get "control freak with a huge ego, who made it very clear to the victim that she was being guided through a correct meal for her own good."

That she managed not to throw the plate through your face, bespeaks her great self-control, I think.
 4ms4me
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2012 2:13:48 PM

Your dinner looks like not much effort was put into it. It is all bland food and not everyone is accustomed to brown rice. The chicken could have been cooked in some type of low fat sauce/stew dolloped over the rice so the dinner wouldn't be dry and hard to swallow.

This.
 ladyc4
Msg: 49
Posted: 3/31/2012 2:25:37 PM
I would have answered sooner, but the picture reminded me of the leftover asparagus in the fridge( steamed from fresh, the night before last) and I decided to go warm it up and have a snack LOL.

OK-I don't think the meal was all that bad-but I believe I'd have served less rice and maybe added another color by an additional vegetable...(maybe some carrots steamed with just a touch of ginger).

However, I think that both the OP and the woman were off the beam.
If one is going to cook for a guest(or guests), it's important to ask about any food allergies,sensitivities, whether there are any religious dietary restrictions in play. It's NICE ,and considerate to ask if there is anything that they absolutely detest (just because they do!)
However, unless there was something on that plate that was a food allergy/sensitivity or a religious dietary restriction, a civilized person would have eaten a bit of the food and been a good guest. Then she could have eaten something SHE wanted later, at home.
Trust me, I've cooked for people(family/spouse) who would sort cooked onions, mushrooms, cooked celery or green pepper out of soups or casseroles. My husband lovexd onion cooked in various casseroles, stews, soups-but they didn't like him!
I found I could substitute leek for regular onion in these dishes and avoid a husband with an unhappy digestive system.
But for this case, I think that both the OP and his obstreperous guest were both wrong and it's probably just as well that they aren't wasting any more of their time on one another.
Cindy O
 lad3da
Msg: 50
Posted: 3/31/2012 2:45:23 PM
LOL at her running away from a meal
That doesn't NOT look tasty... I'd ask for some sort of gravy with it though lol...
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Date left when she saw what was for dinner :(