Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Date left when she saw what was for dinner :(      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cariboolady1
Msg: 51
Date left when she saw what was for dinner :( Page 3 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
I concur with cowboy on this one.

The OP's overall vibe was loud and clear. He wanted to feed her something that "showed" her that this is what he was all about. "I eat clean" were his words. The vibe was "If you want to be with ME, you have to eat this way because I don't want any FATASS women hanging off my arm."
She may of picked up on it loud and clear and reacted by saying what she did about his cooking. I gather there was more conversation going on than what OP has let on.
A man who cares about a woman that he dates would be asking her what she would like if he is going to cook for her.

Me? I love chicken, rice and asparagus...especially asparagus! And..if I found someone who likes to cook, that is an A-Plus!
 mrmisterme
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Date left when she saw what was for dinner :(
Posted: 3/31/2012 2:53:47 PM
So I had this woman over last night for dinner(winning) and all was great til she saw what I was serving. I eat clean cause I'm not a fatass so I serve this wonderful meal
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/38/chickenbrownriceasparag.jpg/

She takes 1 look and freaks out and "I'm not eating that s..." Keep in mind, I even took the time to figure her macros, no easy task considering women always lie about their weight. Anyway, this leads to a huge fight and she leaves.

1. He told us that "he" is not a fat ass, he never mentioned saying "fatass" while she was there.

2. She freaked out when she looked at the food. There's no mention whether they've dated before (though I'm sure that they did) or ever ate a meal together. I still can't figure out why she would act that way (by the way Op tells it).

3. Something is missing from the story. I think that the guy introduced her to the macros that he did for her (before the meal). She got insulted, told him off, they argued and then she left. Maybe he called her a fat ass and she called him a jack ass....who knows...
 five-marie
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2012 2:57:32 PM
Nothing wrong with that meal in my opinion. I dated a man who ate
"clean". Seldom served starch (rice/potatoes). Best meals I ever had. Meat was always juicy, vegs cooked to perfection. All served plain, no gravy/sauce. Didn't need it.
I agree that she was rude if this story is true. I also agree that it probably had more to do with him than the meal.
Wish she would come in and give her side.
 Della D
Msg: 54
Posted: 3/31/2012 3:21:09 PM
OP, first off, that meal (though not wonderful) looks definitely nice enough and I would eat it any time.

Not sure how a "huge" fight would be the result of it, so I figure like some other posters, there must be more to the story. Her stating "I'm not eating that s" just like so, w/o any preamble sounds really unbelievably rude.

As you did not share any more details though, all I can say is:

Next time you cook for a date you don't know, save yourself the trouble "to figure out her macros" and just ask her what she likes for dinner/lunch. I know first hand that brown rice and (especially green) asparagus do not suit just everybody's taste buds.

And last, be glad the tow of you figured the out the incompatibility early on.
 FunkTheMillenium
Msg: 55
Posted: 3/31/2012 3:47:55 PM
haha i can't believe anyone on here is defending this woman. suppose i shouldn't be surprised.

okay okay maybe he didn't cook her idea of a great dinner but come on does that still give someone the right to get up and walk out like some spoiled brat who didn't get dessert?? if the OP told her to leave in a nice way then she pretty much got off easy i say but it sounds like she wanted out anyway.

yes OP some people.. ur dammed if u do as in make the effort to only get called a stalker hahaha or dammed if u don't to be called a lazy a$$ if u don't put in. just hope better for the next time.
 I_AM_THE_LORAX
Msg: 56
Posted: 3/31/2012 4:04:59 PM
really?? you think she rejected you for your culinary skills and deliberate attempt to feed her a nutritious meal?

so explain this in your profile ...."DB707 wants to date but nothing serious. "

some of us do read...

i'm thinking she realized you were being honest about the Intent on the profile and just used the food as an excuse instead of speaking her mind about her own goals in terms of relationships...just a thought

JSNC7
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2012 4:07:30 PM
" I eat clean cause I'm not a fatass so I serve this wonderful meal "
......" Keep in mind, I even took the time to figure her macros, no easy task considering women always lie about their weight. "

This strongly implies to me that the OP has issues :

1) About women in general, because he stated that,

2) In that he stated that he eats clean because HE'S not a fatass, AND he stated that women always lie about their weight.

My experience is that ALL women do not ALWAYS lie about their weight, and that there are certainly honest women out there.

Control issues, and Absolutes ? I sense that the OP has plenty more of where those came from.

Once again, I think that both people on this dinner date could have displayed some manners.
 PutYouOnBlast
Msg: 58
Posted: 3/31/2012 4:24:02 PM
My guess is that the OP was pissed that the food DIDN'T come out the way he liked and took it out on his date. If she said she wasn't going to eat that *shit*, was because it didn't LOOK appetizing.

My other guess is that the OP really doesn't know how to cook. He took grilling to a whole other level.
 MutedEnthusiasm
Msg: 59
Posted: 3/31/2012 4:25:13 PM
Your header says she left when she saw dinner. Your text says she left after a huge fight. Your profile says you da man. Johnny Cash says, 'I’m leavin' now.'
 MotherBeth
Msg: 60
Posted: 3/31/2012 4:31:02 PM
This story doesn't quite ad up... and why hasn't any body said that it is just plain strange that he felt the need to take a picture of the food? WTF???? HELLO???
 Jade41
Msg: 61
Posted: 3/31/2012 4:39:55 PM
i have several chicken and rice meals...none of them
taste the same...some i can make in minutes....3 of
them take hours.....2 others are caserols....as far as
the asperagus fresh canned or frozen....would make
all the difference...fresh with parm and bread crumbs
roasted....takes 45 min...

she just sounds difficult...sounds like she was there for
the food not the company...if it was stuff she did not like...
or maybe she was a vegetarian...she should have politely
said "thats not stuff i eat....can we go to _______".....
 PutYouOnBlast
Msg: 62
Posted: 3/31/2012 4:40:10 PM
I think he was saying that the food looked like the one in the pic, and downloaded someone else's pic. He most likely cooked the meal just by looking at the pic.

Maybe he didn't cook the meal at all....
 SC67
Msg: 63
Posted: 3/31/2012 5:10:11 PM
hmmm...interesting... The food didn't look great, but I've been served some crazy stuff by men I loved & ate it without a complaint. Now...if they said something about macros & went on & on about how "clean" they eat (unless they were getting ready for a show)...I'd be irritated & the night & possibly the relationship would be ruined.

I don't think we know the whole story, but based only on the OP's information she should've either eaten it (or what she could) & thanked you for it or explained why she could not eat it. Kind of hard to believe anyone would react the way she did, but I guess you never know.

OP...don't try to tell other people how to eat. I'm sure you wouldn't want anyone telling you how to live your life. Once you're an actual couple you can gently & lovingly make a suggestion, but be prepared to get some suggestions of your own.
 ChadsFormerStandIn
Msg: 64
Posted: 3/31/2012 5:12:03 PM
Chicken - boring
Rice - boring
Asparagus - barf/boring

The path leading out the front door is always paved with good intentions. Perhaps a little insensitivity in not making the menu selection a bit of a joint venture. Otherwise its potentially dangerous territory until you know the person better.
 windchymes
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2012 5:15:04 PM
I'd love to hear her side of the story. I'd be willing to bet that the quality of the food served had nothing to do with her early departure.
 southernebella
Msg: 66
Posted: 3/31/2012 5:18:59 PM
lol you tell it girl!
 coderedjulia1
Msg: 67
Posted: 3/31/2012 5:21:13 PM
Spaghetti is always safe and a nice glass of wine or lasagna. Any type of italian food looks fancy..lol
 WiseBurro
Msg: 68
Posted: 3/31/2012 6:24:48 PM
Dude, I realize that the guy in that movie(I forget which one) putting his d*ck in the bag of popcorn when at the movies with his date-is funny as hell, when you think about it, she too, was completely grossed out...
 MetalVixxn
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2012 6:41:33 PM
I agree with Cowboy and Igor.

The food looked like crap. I eat that all of the time but manage to make it look edible.
And who takes pictures of food that looks like that bad? Or food they make for their dates in general? He was probably like, "Oh man, I gotta post this on POF to try and get people to agree I'm not a douche!"

OP probably said to her "You told me you weigh 120, but I think you look more like 150 - here, I made you some really dry, bland food so you can start losing that weight." He's lucky the food didn't end up in his face.
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 70
Posted: 3/31/2012 7:41:09 PM

I agree with Cowboy and Igor.

The food looked like crap. I eat that all of the time but manage to make it look edible.
And who takes pictures of food that looks like that bad? Or food they make for their dates in general? He was probably like, "Oh man, I gotta post this on POF to try and get people to agree I'm not a douche!"

OP probably said to her "You told me you weigh 120, but I think you look more like 150 - here, I made you some really dry, bland food so you can start losing that weight." He's lucky the food didn't end up in his face.

I really think some of you are being unfair to the OP by calling him a douche and insinuating he's a control-freak. His food looks perfectly fine to me---it's certainly preferable to eating out at "The Microwave Garden". I don't think an argument would have ensued if the OP's date had politely and graciously eaten what he had made.

He was nice enough to invite her as a guest into his home and probably spent close to an hour preparing the meal---I don't think he deserved the treatment he got.

It seems like most of the posters cutting the food down are either naturally thin types that don't have to count calories and can eat whatever they want---or are overweight and would feel deprived by the OP's meal---thus have accused him of having an agenda, i.e. trying to put his date on a diet.
 gingerchick30
Msg: 71
Posted: 3/31/2012 7:55:39 PM
OP, I think eating healthy is great and all, but perhaps it was the attitude you had towards the whole thing?? Maybe she felt like you finding out her macros and wanting to know her weight meant you wanted her to diet? I think it's nice that you cooked her a nice meal, but perhaps she felt you were trying to say something with the meal.
 imacipher
Msg: 72
Posted: 3/31/2012 8:00:48 PM
"She took the low road and voiced a rude opinion in a very unfriendly manner. She should have eaten her cardboard and called it a night."

Well said! LMAO!
 Simon4567
Msg: 73
Posted: 3/31/2012 8:03:20 PM
LOL, monkey brains

gingerchick30
Msg: 74
Posted: 3/31/2012 8:03:44 PM
I DO absolutely agree with the posters that said that she shouldn't have walked out. Even if she had been offended by the meal, she should have at least finished it and then called it a night.
 nokia999
Msg: 75
Posted: 3/31/2012 8:05:35 PM
sorry, that meals looks pretty inedible. I'd struggle with that badly cooked chicken breast alone.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Date left when she saw what was for dinner :(