Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Date left when she saw what was for dinner :(      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 motown_cowgirl
Msg: 76
Date left when she saw what was for dinner :( Page 4 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
OP your dinners should come with a warning sign. "Caution: Unappetizing Dinner Ahead". Maybe she wouldn't have freaked out if she knew what to expect. I don't have to blame her for her reaction which I'd say pretty much speaks for itself, regardless of whether or not you thought it was "wrong". I guess you wouldn't be posting if she were more demure about her refusal??? "I'm sorry but I seem to have suddenly lost my appetite."

You wouldn't even give the time of day to a woman in frumpy dumpy clothes that make her look horrible and hide EVERYTHING that might otherwise be interesting about her; you would laugh.... but you will start an argument with your guest for not eating your dinner that looks just like something they'd serve to the nutbags down at the state lunatic asylum??... what's wrong with you.

"You are obviously lying about your weight... EAT THIS."
[finger circling ear]
 SunshineAngel99
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Date left when she saw what was for dinner :(
Posted: 4/3/2012 6:11:08 AM
The women in question is definitely wrong. Sure you could ask ahead of time for allergies , but when you go over someones house they decide what they will be serving in their own home. The fact this women was repulsed by all of the meal suggests she was not a good match with this man. It is important to discover this early in the relationship. I can't imagine being with a woman who has totally different tastes. Furthermore, that plate looks delicious from my view, not sure why people feel like it is gross. Chicken in the oven compared to frying indeed takes longer to prepare. It is also healthy, but some people are narrow minded and don't see the larger picture.

As a vegetarian you wouldn't eat asparagus (which has iron which vegetarians need due to not consuming meat)? Selective vegetarians that don't consume enough iron end up in hospitals. Just a fair warning.
 Purple_wings
Msg: 78
Posted: 4/3/2012 6:20:37 AM
Hahahaha

Fight on the first date..that's cool...I wouldn't let a stranger into my house..no way...she's on the other hand should be appreciated ur creative idea about cooking for her...lol..why didn't u ask what kind of food she like???
 JDinMN
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2012 7:39:03 AM
I would like point out for the record that he did not cook that meal. Here is a picture of it from the web. All you people who are calling some woman who probably doesn't even exist a bad person should really evaluate things a little better.

http://www.examiner.com/gluten-free-food-in-baltimore/chicken-brown-rice-and-simple-garlic-asparagus-recipe

Something wasn't adding up to me and it took about 5 seconds to find out that it is all baloney.

Carry on with all your judgemental selves.

As far as the OP (winning) more like (losing).
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 80
Posted: 4/3/2012 7:52:47 AM

I would like point out for the record that he did not cook that meal. Here is a picture of it from the web. All you people who are calling some woman who probably doesn't even exist a bad person should really evaluate things a little better.

http://www.examiner.com/gluten-free-food-in-baltimore/chicken-brown-rice-and-simple-garlic-asparagus-recipe

Something wasn't adding up to me and it took about 5 seconds to find out that it is all baloney.

Carry on with all your judgemental selves.

As far as the OP (winning) more like (losing).

I was starting to arrive at the same conclusion after the OP never returned to the thread. Oh well...
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 81
Posted: 4/3/2012 8:07:29 AM
Sorry Darlin but I usually agree with most of your posts but there is a whole lot of assumptions in that line. You took one side of a story that was questionable at best and embellished greatly. The guy was a chump and his profile and OP demonstrate it totally. I have had swiss cheese with less holes in it then his story has.

Well Cowboy, it looks like we were both wrong, since the story was fabricated. But yes, he was a chump.
 Fleuron
Msg: 82
Posted: 4/3/2012 8:47:48 AM
Fake OP or not….I’m not convinced that guy hasn’t actually had this experience, possibly many times.

Anyhoo, I’m not quite finished here:

As a vegetarian you wouldn't eat asparagus (which has iron which vegetarians need due to not consuming meat)? Selective vegetarians that don't consume enough iron end up in hospitals. Just a fair warning.

Seriously with this? Probably you didn’t direct this at me, however; I am a vegetarian and I know how to eat, thanks. There are plenty of food options for us that don’t include slimy disgusting barfable asparagus.

Should we have a huge fight now and meet at Taco Bell?
 ladyc4
Msg: 83
Posted: 4/3/2012 10:39:14 AM
Message#157
I'm actually kind of RELIEVED to read that this may have been a made-up scenario for trolling purposes!
I just couldn't wrap my head around someone being that damn rude! I was kind of leaning to the idea that the OP presented this offering with a huge centerpiece of attitude, provoking the woman to an unusual level of rudeness...
Other than that, it was kind of interesting to see how the comments offered were all over the place...
Cindy O
 DragonBits
Msg: 84
Could be, date left when I open my mouth while serving dinner ?
Posted: 4/3/2012 12:36:04 PM
Give me a break, date left because she didn't like the food.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 85
Posted: 4/4/2012 6:35:28 PM

No manners! If you are dining at someone's table, you eat what is on your plate unles you are allergic to it,

It is also good manners to inquire if an invited diner has food preferences. I don't eat cows or pigs, and if a man asks me to dinner at his house but doesn't ask about dietary choices, I am not going to eat a greasy pork chop just because he cooked it. I once had lunch with a man who chose the restaurant, a retro greasy spoon that served chili and ham sandwiches. I looked at the menu and said, "There's nothing here that I will eat." He said, "You didn't tell me that you have food restrictions." I replied, "I have never been in a restaurant that doesn't have chicken or fish."

I wound up eating a grilled cheese sandwich that was obviously grilled alongside the ham sandwiches. I was sick to my stomach for the rest of the day.

Manners go both ways. I cannot imagine having a vegetarian to my house, serving him chicken, then getting angry because he won't eat it.
 jmark4
Msg: 86
Posted: 4/4/2012 10:28:45 PM
you just need to pick someone different. I mean that isn't the greatest dinner for me either, but I'd eat it. Again, it's per person. I wouldn't worry about it and I'd move on. You picked a bad one; pick a better one and you'll get a better outcome.
 iesha23
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2012 3:19:12 PM
thats rice?? My dog's thrown up more attractive looking things than that. I dont mind healthy eating and chicken, rice and veg is something I would eat at home... but on a date I would like something more special, and no, I dont mean an expensive meal before someone decides to slate me without knowing me :)
 Paderic
Msg: 88
Posted: 4/5/2012 5:05:47 PM
LOL, brown rice is not dry and hard unless you prepare it like minute rice. You need to actually take the lid off the pan and stir it now and then.

Just like boneless chicken breast is not dry unless you overcook it.

VVVVV - Doesn't look like puke to me. Perhaps you could ask that to the person that wrote the blog...
 Fleuron
Msg: 89
Posted: 4/5/2012 5:22:02 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ That doesn't explain why it looks like throw up.
 ravenhair4u
Msg: 90
Posted: 4/9/2012 7:24:57 AM
No manners, how incredibly rude! No appreciation at all! Where is OP?
 *november babee*
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 4/9/2012 9:11:34 AM

I think your lady friend was extremely rude

well i bloody dont.... i think you have a bit of a cheek foisting your "diet" on someone else.. you think she was or potentially was a "fatass" then why the fark did you ask her for dinner,, i think you are boody rude, and if you wnat to eat your flipping macro stoopid diet,, then go ahead, but dont thihnk that any/everyone else wants to do the same...

the very cheek of it.....
 smilingrock
Msg: 92
Posted: 4/9/2012 5:00:32 PM
From the UrbanDictionary.com definition of a macro:

Macro
A large Hoe, or a hoe with large breasts or a large ass.
" Yo Mike, check them breasts on that macro."
 em5569
Msg: 93
Posted: 4/10/2012 6:04:46 AM
You can make me dinner anytime. I prefer to eat at home so I can control what goes into my food. I go out on quite a few dates, and worry about all the restaurant food - thats a good way to get fat and lazy!
 Mymoniker
Msg: 94
Posted: 4/21/2012 1:50:52 PM
my last date, I made seafood stuffed mushrooms and Penne Vodka cream pasta. Salad and garlic bread. She was impressed. And honestly not hard to make. Chicken and rice is a tad boring
 Mymoniker
Msg: 95
Posted: 4/22/2012 3:34:58 PM
bored... if you ever come to Alberta Canada, let me know.. happy to make it for you!
 Acehonestlady
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2012 1:59:58 AM
Sorry to hear you met a ****.
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 97
Posted: 4/23/2012 2:11:48 AM
OP - basically she was NOT attracted to you....

she had a better offer

your breath stank...

whatever....
 jojobeans8850
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 4/25/2012 2:34:30 AM
Okay, y'all...I got this one. Don't know why I said y'all, I'm from St. Louis...
He was an ass, she was an ass...as someone else stated, I'm surprised they didn't bang, as they are made for each other.
This is my first visit to the forum...thanks, I'll be here all week!!!
 samurai401
Msg: 99
Posted: 4/25/2012 2:58:15 AM
I personally think it was rude of her and i'm not just saying this cuz i'm a guy. I've been invited for dinner at other people's houses not particularly a date and even though i wasn't a fan of what was being served i ate it anyway and was gracious about it. Now obviously i don't know the whole story here and it definitely would've helped if the OP talked with her beforehand about what she likes/dislikes. I usually always discuss my/her favorite foods while courting in case this ever arises that way if you do cook you know what to make or know what kind of restaurant to go to. I'm not a fan at all of asparagus but chicken and rice is usually a safe choice. I don't know too many people that don't like chicken and rice, man or woman. Unless of course you're a vegan.
 smilingrock
Msg: 100
Posted: 4/25/2012 6:41:55 AM
Chicken shiskabob over rice would be a better choice. More colorfull and tastes good. I found that women really appreciate a well cooked meal whether its BBQ or indoors...
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Date left when she saw what was for dinner :(