Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Date left when she saw what was for dinner :(      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Sparkledustpajamas
Msg: 163
Date left when she saw what was for dinner :( Page 9 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)

No manners! If you are dining at someone's table, you eat what is on your plate unles you are allergic to it, say thank you and then offer to help with clean up. Where has social etiquette gone? I guess there is not an app for that on the latest smart phone.

There are exceptions to this. I am vegan. However, I'd kindly inform my gentleman caller of this news as soon as he asked me over to dinner. I'd also offer to help make dinner, something he enjoys eating along with another dish that meets my dietary standards. Maybe he'd even like what I made (I make tasty vegan meals) and want to try some more plant based cuisines! :)

The lady was very rude. She did you a huge favor revealing her true colors early on.
 Acehonestlady
Msg: 164
view profile
History
Date left when she saw what was for dinner :(
Posted: 4/23/2012 1:59:58 AM
Sorry to hear you met a ****.
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 165
Posted: 4/23/2012 2:11:48 AM
OP - basically she was NOT attracted to you....

she had a better offer

your breath stank...

whatever....
 jojobeans8850
Msg: 166
view profile
History
Posted: 4/25/2012 2:34:30 AM
Okay, y'all...I got this one. Don't know why I said y'all, I'm from St. Louis...
He was an ass, she was an ass...as someone else stated, I'm surprised they didn't bang, as they are made for each other.
This is my first visit to the forum...thanks, I'll be here all week!!!
 samurai401
Msg: 167
Posted: 4/25/2012 2:58:15 AM
I personally think it was rude of her and i'm not just saying this cuz i'm a guy. I've been invited for dinner at other people's houses not particularly a date and even though i wasn't a fan of what was being served i ate it anyway and was gracious about it. Now obviously i don't know the whole story here and it definitely would've helped if the OP talked with her beforehand about what she likes/dislikes. I usually always discuss my/her favorite foods while courting in case this ever arises that way if you do cook you know what to make or know what kind of restaurant to go to. I'm not a fan at all of asparagus but chicken and rice is usually a safe choice. I don't know too many people that don't like chicken and rice, man or woman. Unless of course you're a vegan.
 cashleys
Msg: 168
Posted: 4/25/2012 5:51:26 AM
Well, if it was something she was against eating as in a Vegan or something I would say she could nicely explain, or if something she just couldn't eat, nicely explain. But, most men will ask ahead of time if their is anything you can't eat. Some people have allergies to foods.

But in any case freaking out is disrespectful. Aren't manners taught anymore?
 tuxqueot
Msg: 169
Posted: 4/25/2012 6:03:54 AM
Just one pointer, asparagus is one dish that people either love or hate. Very few people are in the middle who will tolerate it, eat it to be polite, but not enjoy it. Very poor choice to serve someone unless you KNOW they are one of the people who love it. I am almost positive that was what set her off. I know if someone put asparagus in front of me, I wouldn't eat it. I'd be polite, and say I don't care for it, but I wouldn't eat it.
 smilingrock
Msg: 170
Posted: 4/25/2012 6:41:55 AM
Chicken shiskabob over rice would be a better choice. More colorfull and tastes good. I found that women really appreciate a well cooked meal whether its BBQ or indoors...
 NathanBlades
Msg: 171
Posted: 4/25/2012 6:48:52 AM
lol looks good to me. I guess that means she's not worth your time .
 PinayPrincess20
Msg: 172
Posted: 4/25/2012 9:49:07 AM
Wow. That is ridiculously rude. I mean, of course when having someone over for dinner you talk about what they like/dislike, etc., which you did. But to just say "I'm not eating this s---" and leave?! Ok, honestly I probably wouldn't like what you served either (but I eat unhealthy haha), but even still I would've eaten it and been polite and courteous, especially if you were a great guy. Overall, she's a jerk for doing that and be glad that she showed you her true colors now rather than later. Clearly, she wasn't being considerate of you or your feelings, which shows what kind of person she is. That is so rude. :(
 Capn_America
Msg: 173
Posted: 4/25/2012 9:55:11 AM

She takes 1 look and freaks out and "I'm not eating that s..." Keep in mind, I even took the time to figure her macros, no easy task considering women always lie about their weight. Anyway, this leads to a huge fight and she leaves.

I would have just waved and yelled "More for me!! Don't walk so loud, the foundations of the building aren't THAT strong!"
 snowstorm22
Msg: 174
Posted: 4/25/2012 2:42:59 PM
Oh and your profile is cut and paste! so im assuming this thread was as well, or just false.
 Lionesse19
Msg: 175
Posted: 4/25/2012 3:12:50 PM
She was extremely rude and should have just eaten what she could. That you are imposing your diet regime on a guest is not a good thing to do by the same token. Lying about her weight? Had you not seen her before? If so why was she risking even going to your house? Fighting over food, how juvenile!! Maybe she sussed you are a gym junkie and as for boxing, it is a barbaric hideous pasttime.

Next.
 Babeeblooz
Msg: 176
Posted: 4/26/2012 3:50:15 PM
That was very rude of her, but then we're only getting your side. Did you make a comment on her body. Fat Ass is pretty sting, I'm not into overweight men and I can tell you women are not the only ones to lie about their weight, I've known men to lie about their weight and age.
 ounceagain
Msg: 177
Posted: 4/26/2012 6:59:09 PM
You
did not do anythign wrong , It's just some woman think the date is only about them
 OutMind
Msg: 178
Posted: 8/19/2012 8:21:15 AM
I have to say that I see more flaw on the cook than on the guest. When you invite someone to come to your house and you are going to cook for them, it's no longer a utilitarian event but rather one where at the center is to entertain and yes, also to impress. If let's say you can't cook worth a cr ap. Get pre-cooked stuff and be done. But don't throw together some stuff that your guest are going to feel disinclined to even want to desire to eat.

So what do you do. First, learn about your guest. Women can be very picky. I've known women that will not eat red meat, only eat free range chicken or fish, or do not touch gluten, or like think sauces, or can eat anything spicy, or love spicy stuff. So ask them. Do your research, then even throw the menu at them. One of my favorite dishes for a date that I make is grilled Coho Salmon, in a Thai sauce with jalapeños, served over arugula. Some women can't handle the heat. Some have said that they will try it without the jalapeños others did not want to even venture there. Is that their fault? No. And you as the chef, as the entertainer are in control of making it a pleasant experience for your guest.

So if the OP would have talked to this woman, and gotten, the I am not eating that over the phone, then he could have asked what do you like, what can you eat. In this day and age that is a legitimate question to ask.

Now, lets say that you don't want to put the effort or time to do something right. You can always find ways to cheat it and make a huge impression. YOu could have bought a rotisserie chicken from your supermarket, then slice some pieces and add a Bruchetta sauce on top of them and shaved parmesan cheese. Then either microwave, or better yet, broiled for a few minutes. Then either serve over pasta or spinach. This is a fabulous dish. The chicken is very tasty and is usually a winner with women that are watching their weight.
 Debyduz_
Msg: 179
Posted: 8/19/2012 8:42:27 AM
If you served a salad or some fresh fruit it would have been a complete meal. I am assuming that is brown rice, that takes 45 mins to cook. although the meal looks a little bland.try some fresh herbs. I don't think i would spring asparagus on anyone most people don't like it. I would make the same thing for myself but it would look a lot different.
 FairOaksChick
Msg: 180
Posted: 8/19/2012 9:18:13 AM
What she did was rude as h*ll. I have ZERO tolerance for rudeness and picky eaters and dislikes and crap like that. If some guy came over and wouldn't eat something I made because, let's say it was farm-raised or not vegan or was red meat or didn't like asparagus, or blah blah blah, he can find the door. I come from a big family and you eat what you are served, or go hungry. Now if the guy ate most of the foods I cooked but didn't care for one item, no big deal. But to say what this woman did "I'm not eating this sh.." what a rude, classless, ungrateful, selfish, ________(fill in the blank).
 shaew
Msg: 181
Posted: 8/19/2012 9:34:02 AM
No matter what you made, I think that kind of rudeness on her part is amazing!! Was she raised by wolves? Manners people!
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 182
Posted: 8/19/2012 10:32:47 AM
Manners people!

Lol; good luck with that one.

What are we Sweden?

We invade people to tell (ok, force) them to live like us; and you expect respect and manners?
 Fleuron
Msg: 183
Posted: 8/19/2012 10:45:18 AM
You guys saying the woman was rude should really read through the thread. Not only will you get VERY different perspectives, it’s funny as hell.
 Paderic
Msg: 184
Posted: 8/19/2012 11:50:46 AM
My favorite point in this thread was when someone discovered the OP had ganked the picture from a food blog. DOH!!!
 larissan04
Msg: 185
Posted: 8/19/2012 5:23:43 PM
i could understand if you were serving her chicken mcnuggets and cold french fries, but this is ridiculous! i would never behave in such a way. if a man takes the time to prepare a meal for you, sets the table, cleans up his house, invites you over, for christ's sake, have some appreciation! i am sorry, but i just don't get it.
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 186
Posted: 8/20/2012 2:45:33 PM

Who the phuck chooses asparagus as the main veggie for guests to eat?

BBQ asparagus with the right spices kicks as&! (and I'M a veggie hater!)

When you invite someone to dinner YOU ASK THEM what they would like to eat. Hell I have gals go SHOP with me for what they want me to cook. I love to cook and I am not limited in any way as to menu choices. I cook what my GUESTS want to eat

*sigh*

I have to agree with this.

The point in a date, or even a friendly dinner, is to have your guests enjoy themselves.

(priority one dudes)
 Fleuron
Msg: 187
Posted: 8/20/2012 2:57:03 PM
This thread gets funnier and funnier.

Don’t forget:

OP:
women always lie about their weight….this leads to a huge fight….

I know I just LOVE it when a man invites me to dinner and then fights with me.

Hell I have gals go SHOP with me for what they want me to cook.

Now that’s nice. :)
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Date left when she saw what was for dinner :(