Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Strider886
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Younger Women, do you like older MenPage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
As a very general rule, up to the age of 25 they go for older men. After 35 they go for younger men.

Question answered? :p
 Marquis_de_Michaelmas
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Younger Women, do you like older Men
Posted: 4/4/2012 3:27:19 AM

Why the need to insult? And "cradle rocking antics?" So if women do it, then it's cradle rocking, if men do it, it's just natural? Why can we not just let people do what they want, regardless of gender/age?

Whom are we judged by but our peers?

Most men would comment upon another man with a young lady in tow as perhaps a lucky bas*ard. Ladies perhaps view their fellow felines in similar positions less favourably!

*** This message is a general sweeping statement***
 bootielicious
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2012 9:54:25 AM

It may have been started by a younger man drawn to the smell of lavender and altoids , but women certainly got all up in it.

So, antidote, where hopefully men can contribute, and women can keep their cradle rocking antics to themselves.

The problem is that a lot of guys when they hit their 40s tend to stop looking after themselves, or they have been blissfully unaware there were problems within their marriage, got a bit too cosy and found themselves single again and not in the right head space or physique to deal with it.

In comparison, most women these days do look after themselves and are active and care about their appearance.

(Am I generalising here?) In the same way you guys don't want a lady smelling of lavender and altoids?, we don't want a man who looks pregnant with a huge beer gut, yellow fingers and wind.

I have to say having looked at your pictures, you don't look like the stereo type that I'm talking about and if I were interested in someone of a similar age and location then I'd be impressed. However, I can't and won't compete with someone half my age, which appears to be your preference, so we'll both be looking else where lol.
 bootielicious
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2012 1:43:04 PM

I was married to an older man (13 years older) for nearly 21 years. Then when I reached my 40s he traded me in for a Thai girl.... 20 years younger than me.

Kinda put me off older men !

My ex was just 7 years my senior, although mentally a lot older than that on top and yes for years after we split I only dated younger men and usually men that were very different to him. None of it worked, so that was not the answer either. I gave up and used my son as an excuse.

I can't do that any more, so I'm trying to be less judgemental and see who I get on with and enjoy being with instead and not use age as a factor. Fingers crossed hey.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >