Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > If a person initiates contact with you on POF, do you expect for them      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 lightninbug22
Msg: 144
If a person initiates contact with you on POF, do you expect for them to have read your profile?Page 7 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)

....and the reason why logic goes out the window, unless one is only searching for a one night stand, in which case looks are the main consideration, versus a long-term relationship, the success of which depends on so much more than just looks.

Geez--I forgot about the people looking for one night stands. I just don't tend to think in those terms; that way of thinking is very foreign to me. I guess if searching for one night stands, everything else would take a back seat to physical attraction. That will give me something to think about the next time I get a message and it is obvious that they have not read my profile.
 WolfSpirit29
Msg: 145
If a person initiates contact with you on POF, do you expect for them to have read your profile?
Posted: 12/7/2012 4:36:12 PM
Yes! Yes! Yes! To me if they don't take the time to read my profile, then I don't have time for them. If they can read, they can get to know a lot about me and they can figure out after reading it if they are interested or not. It's SO very easy to do men! Suck it up, take a few mins to read the ladies profiles and be real! :)
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > If a person initiates contact with you on POF, do you expect for them to have read your profile?