Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Trevork52
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Fuzzy Pics?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
With all the technology that is available today its a mystery to me why so many poor photos keep turning up unless it is to deliberately deceive. Just have a go at the "Rating images" to get examples!
Digital cameras can be had relatively cheaply and have lots of functions to cope with conditions and limitations including delayed shutter which should really do away with the need for all these mirror shots as well. Then there are lots of free photo editing software programs to be had for resizing and cropping etc.
I have to admit though that I do laugh when I see those occasional shots where the facility for vertical "stretching" has been used to make the subject look thinner! The results on surrounding objects can be hilarious!
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 8
Fuzzy Pics?
Posted: 4/5/2012 2:15:19 PM

I'm amazed at the number of men (and probably women) who don't seem to be able to get the year of their birth correct. Really? They can't remember what year they were born?

This amazes me, too! I read the profile of a man and his age was listed as "69" yet on his profile, he said he was 74 and soon to be 75. I shot him an email for the SOLE purpose of telling him that women do not look kindly upon men who lie about their ages. He said a younger, female friend made his profile for him and lied about his age because she thought he would attract more women if he were younger.

Really? And when those younger women find out that he is five years older (and looked ten years older), they are going to be impressed, right?

He took off the 74. I don't know whom he thinks that he will fool.

As for fuzzy pictures, I have never seen so many shaky hands as the ones who snapped the profile pictures for those out of focus folks.

Really!
 Paderic
Msg: 9
Fuzzy Pics?
Posted: 4/5/2012 2:18:07 PM
A lot of the fuzzier pictures are probably downloaded from the web and the person in them is not the person that posted the profile.
 laskoboo
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Fuzzy Pics?
Posted: 4/5/2012 4:40:31 PM
If you actually don't care about looks, you should venture to meet the women with fuzzy pics and look for the "inner beauty" you claim to desire.
 ChancesRMD
Msg: 15
Fuzzy Pics?
Posted: 4/6/2012 7:24:28 AM
It's not the camera. I really am fuzzy.

My picture is not really a good picture of me. I picked it because I heard women don't like it when another female is in the picture. The one in my profile was the only volunteer I could get.
 Discerning Virtuosa
Msg: 16
Fuzzy Pics?
Posted: 4/7/2012 9:25:24 PM
People are up to all kinds of stuff here - a fuzzy pic makes it harder to identify them in a lineup, or if their spouse is having them investigated.
 licoricecat_1
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Fuzzy Pics?
Posted: 4/10/2012 7:36:11 AM
I would think that when a person gets older, they realize that looks are not everything----companionship is.
 needsloveheart
Msg: 23
Fuzzy Pics?
Posted: 2/18/2013 7:14:13 AM
dontcha know all women look better in candle light?
let us have some mystery

No offense, Sir...just no reason, but your own, to be so stark
noticed you said 'last girl friend', you go through many?

no one is going to miss you if you dont contact them, and you wont miss what you dont know about
people live by their own preferences and those who respond are the ones they advertise for.
 funny4uwannatry
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Fuzzy Pics?
Posted: 2/20/2013 3:01:15 PM
Some are fake profiles, some are married people not wanting to get caught ( or people in some sort of relationship) and finally some are trying to hide their looks, weight or posting old photos.. no matter what their reason behind it, it appears dishonest and enough for me to skip over without even reading the profile. If you can not be upfront with a photo, my question is what else are you hiding or lying about?
 Walts
Msg: 29
Fuzzy Pics?
Posted: 2/20/2013 3:12:29 PM
I hate profiles without pics. Drives me just phucking crazy. I can understand what the OP is saying. Could be a monster hiding behind those fuzzy ones. Like seriously. Scarey stuff. I need a drink now.
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 30
Fuzzy Pics?
Posted: 2/20/2013 3:24:24 PM
^^^^Oh Walts....you're scaring the newbies..

dontcha know all women look better in candle light?

I like you're thinking...

*note to self* Only meet in dimly lit restaurants..lol

...mae
 _babblefish
Msg: 31
Fuzzy Pics?
Posted: 2/20/2013 5:53:00 PM

What really annoys me is when pictureless folks in the forums start ragging on other people's appearances...generally, they themselves are not so attractive ;0P

inference-observation confusion

You know that old saying about farts, "He who smelled it, dealt it"? The one who takes shots at weight & appearance, generally has gained weight themself & projects it onto others...they are unhappy, so they have to lash out at others...but it is so obvious...

::insert hypocrisy idiom::

as for fuzzy pics . . BA, yes, you do take them often but you could use a little photoshop, there's a setting called; sharpen
 Giggles10000
Msg: 33
Fuzzy Pics?
Posted: 2/20/2013 7:29:41 PM
Take the one image and put it in google images and it might pull up her facebook :P then you can see all the pictures of her --that is how I found out this guy had TWO facebooks--looks different on each one but somehow the internet linked them both together. You can also use the email address in the search field in facebook, so get her email address and see if you can find it that way.

Still not understanding why people do this stuff--it isnt like you wont find out if you end up liking them--just be who you are and stop with all the nonsense--guy wrote to me today that wrote to me 5 years ago--only has one pic and it is the exact same one with a date of 2012 on it ><
 Giggles10000
Msg: 38
Fuzzy Pics?
Posted: 2/21/2013 4:39:02 AM

My pics aren't fuzzy nor are they old. My profile pic is 2 days old. At 51 I think I look pretty good but I'm honest about being a BBW so not hiding my body type even without a full body pic. Some people put average or a "few" extra pounds when that is an outright lie. A few extra is 15 maybe 20 depending on your height. Not everyone looks old at 60...there are some really amazing looking 60 year olds. I see many people my age who look 10 years older than me as many of my friends do. So, if they are thin but look wrinkled & haggard that is suppose to be more attractive than me? I can change my body type...the other requires cosmetic surgery. I think I'll be happy with the person I am.

Why does this always have to be an either or?

If you are happy with who you are then don't bash someone who is thin that might be wrinkled and haggard because they don't have the fat content to fill in the wrinkles--and yes you can change your body type but then you will also be wrinkled and haggard looking--

One isnt better than the other--learn to accept the difference as part of the beauty of life. One of the artists at the gallery photographed 26 women naked, all sizes, races, shapes, and ages--they were all beautiful and most men/women who saw it didn't find the same person as the most or least attractive.
 laskoboo
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Fuzzy Pics?
Posted: 2/21/2013 5:27:33 AM
Take it from me: fuzzy pics are a red flag... when you meet that person they will look nothing like
any picture they have posted.
You bring up weight..................... these are 2 different topics as weight has nothing to do with fuzzy pics...
 Happy_Gal_63
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Fuzzy Pics?
Posted: 2/24/2013 6:32:40 PM
I think this thread should have been renamed as REALLY?!?

I have those 'really?!?' moments here too and feel one coming on... LOL

Photos: Yup, I'm with you all regarding the 10 year old photos, fuzzy photos, etc. its a bit frustrating. Personally the mirror photos are not my favorite because I don't think they show the person in their best light and generally many people look overly stern; also there are a variety that show men in various of stages of undress, some things are best left a mystery. What I did find odd on the male profiles is that the play on POF is way too overdone - one night I actually counted and it averaged about every 4th profile had a photo of a man proudly holding a fish. I'm uncertain of the point of the countless photos of motorbikes, trucks, quads without the man in the photo (maybe I'm too dense to see the point of these photos and how they are relevant to someone you want to date). And the last perplexing thing about male profiles is the sheer volume of how many men have photos where it appears that they've just got out of bed, unkempt and wearing an old rumpled t-shirt. I've said to a couple of my friends, often it seems that the men are looking for a bromance as opposed to a romance. I have my setting set to only show local men and some of these idiosyncracies may be endemic to the area I live in but at 50? Really?!? For the guys I'm sure there are alot of photos that us ladies post that make you want to say 'Really?!?' .... feel free to share your rant :)

Age: I have heard that there is the odd profile that the database states the age incorrect by a year - it happens very rarely. But regarding the other stuff, yes, I am surprised at the age thing too. I recently met someone for dinner - his profile stated age 57. He looked closer to 60, then proceeded to tell me he was turning 55. Yeah, right. The single posted photo looked about 6 or 7 years old. It was a nice date but unlikely to go anywhere because there were several items that he couldn't keep straight.

As others previously mentioned when being dishonest about something as simple as age or how you look, one questions the sincerity and characters of that person. Easier just to be honest.
 pageforyou
Msg: 42
Fuzzy Pics?
Posted: 2/26/2013 8:28:28 PM
I had one only slightly fuzzy pic up ( taken within a year of all the others) from a tropical vacation that was a snapshot from farther away than my close up face pics with a pro lens. I posted it as my profile pic, to illustrate a "Frock" since I was wearing a white one in that pic. Dresses and that kind in particular had come up in a thread here since I have recently started participating in the forums, again.

It was reported/deleted in the last few days. Only ever happened once before, on here, years ago. I was speaking my mind, politely, on the forums back then too. Took a three year break from pof entirely after that. It just seemed time, with all the flare ups and negativity on the forums, while a few of us just shared info and news and got on with our lives.

Ah well, luckily things "out there" keep making more demands on my time and are fun. : O
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >