Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 laskoboo
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Do older women still act as feminine and older men as masculine?Page 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)

holycowwow, we got it. Fat people look disgusting to you. What does that have to do with the topic?

did you miss the femme and masculine part? / females with dyke haircuts and matron like builds... older men with long hair.
it had to do with femme and masculine and aging.
not just the grossly obese, which are not a top pick for most in the dating arena.
That is just generally common knowledge
 omineca_2005
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Do older women still act as feminine and older men as masculine?
Posted: 4/5/2012 9:41:05 PM
I think women worry more as time rolls on. I am not so sure that the confidence is the same in women as in men. This does not mean that older men do not find older women more attractive- because we do! It just means that the acceptance changes.
 russell5417
Msg: 19
Posted: 4/6/2012 5:42:21 AM
msg 9........U make it..........I know that many women do delete messages like that, and I can see their point in doing so.

But.... sometimes I just can NOT help myself. And more often than not, I'll receive a "thank you for the compliment".

And as long as the "thank yous for the compliment" appear as sincere as the compliment was itself, I'll continue to take my chances every once in a while.

:)
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 20
Posted: 4/6/2012 5:57:47 AM

did you miss the femme and masculine part? / females with dyke haircuts and matron like builds... older men with long hair.
it had to do with femme and masculine and aging.
not just the grossly obese, which are not a top pick for most in the dating arena.
That is just generally common knowledge

1. "Dyke"? Can we be anymore insulting? As I said earlier, some women with short hair can be very feminine--it depends on the style of the cut, about their bearing, and also, the way that they dress. Speaking from experience, many men love long hair, but a woman who has unhealthy hair should not wear it long. As women age, they lose estrogen, and this often affects the health of their hair. Some of us are exceptions, largely due to genes.

2. "Matron like builds"? How about young women who are hefty? I see loads of young women who are fat and do not appear "matronly" because of their weight. Women appear matronly for how they dress.

3. Long hair on a man of any age is not feminizing. However, old guys with the skinny ponytails should give it up; so should women with long but unhealthy hair (of any age).

It also seems that you equating feminine/masculine with sexiness or even attractiveness. A woman can be matronly be still be very feminine, eh? Why not?
 ChancesRMD
Msg: 21
Posted: 4/6/2012 7:27:26 AM
This is no act. It's the hand that I was dealt. I'm just going with it.
 BLoNde__ANgeL
Msg: 22
Posted: 4/6/2012 3:32:41 PM

I was never the 'helpless lil lady' either.
looking feminine does not make one helpless. There is a feminine looking woman in here who has her pilot's license & I bet she is anything but "helpless"!
 Blue-Eyes-Shine
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2012 6:05:54 PM
Duh? Helpless is the game a woman plays to appear feminine, and no it doesn't have anything to do with actually being feminine, but many women do it. Most on here understood what I meant, I didn't think I had to explain it. As long as I am having to explain I will also say it is usually a ploy to get everyone to do things for you.

It amazes me that it is the women insulting each other on here. Meowrrrr
 DreamyMaryAlice
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2012 5:37:05 PM
i'm still the way i was when i was a kid, but my parents were old fashioned people, had to dress they wanted, i was mostly dressed up like a boy, so i was a tom boy kinda girl, still like wearing sporty clothing like puma, i never liked wearing dresses or skirts, so i wear jeans, capris, shorts, t shirts, had nothing but brothers, so i had to be tough like them
 Discerning Virtuosa
Msg: 27
Posted: 4/7/2012 9:14:56 PM
I've always been a girly girl when it comes to dresses and makeup, but my brain seems androgynous - a common trait of females with Aspergers. My femininity is directly proportionate to a man's masculinity in my presence.
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 28
Posted: 4/8/2012 11:35:29 AM
My femininity is directly proportionate to a man's masculinity in my presence.

...Ah yes. I know exactly what you mean. There are some males who can make me feel very thankful that I was born a woman ~smiles~

..mae
 c_deacon
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2012 12:48:13 PM
Especially after Mae.......wink wink.....;)

cd
 TryAgan
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2012 10:23:40 PM
I don't know about old men, but with older women, it often depends on the location.
I find that in the bed, most act quite feminine. Not necessarily behind the driving wheel.
 911hey
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 4/9/2012 10:13:46 AM
First good for you. While men and women are getting older does not mean they are old. As far as feminine and
masculine possibly because there is less game playing and enjoying life.
 BLoNde__ANgeL
Msg: 33
Posted: 4/9/2012 2:54:13 PM
I just read a very clever post in another thread where the poster said "uni-sex dating" & thought it was an excellent point. How de-polarizing of our sexuality- uni-sex dating...like 2 androids dating...even the coneheads had more passion than that!
 Pingshooter
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2012 1:07:11 PM
Speaking as a man..I don't do stupid chit anymore..takes longer to heal, and previous scars have educated me.
 Giggles10000
Msg: 36
Posted: 5/12/2012 4:57:58 PM
I think if anything Im more feminine than I used to be--I was a tom-boy growing up--had an older brother and play tackle football with him, now I like doing all the things to take care of myself--it is more challenging to look good but well worth it.

I also think men this age are super masculine--the ones who work out and take care of themselves, it is about they way they relate to the world--their life experiences, they are no bullshit they see right thru fakes and dont buy into diva wannabees
 LG2727
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2012 8:58:24 PM
I have always been feminine and I doubt I will change. I dont consider "giggling" to be a sign of femininity, perhaps an immature thing if you are 14 and talking about boys with your gfs? If you are a lady you won't all of a sudden turn into some kind of butch who acts more like a man just because you are past middle age! Where do people get these ideas?
 Giggles10000
Msg: 38
Posted: 5/13/2012 9:17:06 AM

a woman probably won't giggle

I will giggle.

I'd never giggle bwahahahaha
 Miss W
Msg: 39
Posted: 5/13/2012 11:00:41 AM
I am very feminine, thank you very much. However, I am more assertive, direct, and no nonsense as I get older.
 whatagirlwants12
Msg: 40
Posted: 5/13/2012 1:47:25 PM
It all depends on the person I think, I enjoy being a woman and think the older I've become the more feminine
I've become.
I used to be such a tomboy and justwanted to blend in with the boys but now I like being seen as soft and sensual.
 Dave of Indiana
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 5/13/2012 3:22:35 PM

Edit: the more a guy brings out the woman in me, the more I behave/respond accordingly.

In a way isn't that what would make a man sexy to a woman? If he can make her feel sexy she'll perceive him as sexy? Not as a game but though real compliments and interactivity.
 statemachine500
Msg: 42
Posted: 5/13/2012 6:21:40 PM

Now that I am older I am probably more masculine than when I was younger.

You're on TRT now dude.With all the adverts on TV now I would think a fair number of older men have caught on.
 statemachine500
Msg: 43
Posted: 5/13/2012 7:58:59 PM

^^^ I read the other posts and couldn't see what this was referring...

Are you saying that the advertisements of men's pills to keep them erect or whatever makes them more masculine?

Does that mean that only men with erections are masculine???? lol.........

He's on TRT now.Testosterone Replacement Therapy,otherwise known as HRT.It's possible his levels were low normal for most of his life.
 smilingrock
Msg: 44
Posted: 5/14/2012 5:15:58 AM
Last week I had to take my mom to a rural hospital for some tests. While she was having the work done I went to the cafeteria for a cup of coffee. While there I observed young and older hospital female workers getting their lunch. It looked to me like they all were HIPPOS except for a couple of girls in their 20s.

Hmmmm made me think that mabe it has something to do with their rural setting and diet as another hospital in a larger city had some nice delectable specimens.

The football helmet hair look is still being sported by women that look and act like men...
 geoweb
Msg: 45
Posted: 5/14/2012 6:08:09 AM
I will be the devil's advocate here, and say that yes, as we get older we ACT different. Earlier in this thread, someone mentioned their son's 'macho b/s' which, I feel is why we, as we get older and more secure in our individual roles, act either less 'manly' or 'womanly'....because at some point in life, you become secure enough to be yourself and drop the preconceived notion of how we are supposed to behave. In some cases, the changes may be very subtle, but nevertheless, they are there.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >