Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bootielicious
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Karen Matthews released Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
I've just finished reading the book on Shannon and I'd be more concerned about the impact on her daughter than how she will manage out of jail. From what I have read, Shannon was very disturbed by the experience and if there is any hope of her leading a normal life, I'm not sure being re-united with her Mother or bumping in to her is a good idea. They need at least to make sure that she is not located close to her daughter.

Shannon can decide if she wants to see her Mum again when she is 18.
 gemini_lady_uk
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Karen Matthews released
Posted: 4/5/2012 2:31:00 PM
Haven't actually followed this (did at the time) and if it hadn't been on the news today, the name and crime wouldn't have meant anything to me (actually it still didn't mean anything until I read this thread and by tomorrow I will have forgotten the name again).

If she is classed as mentally ill then I guess she has to be housed but the 'by the sea' is presumably a desire rather than what she will get. As for allowing her to be reunited with her children, that should be out of the question unless it is the childrens choice. Dyed hair is nothing unusual for women so that doesn't bother me. Put her back in the same community she screwed over and I am sure her facial features will be changed at no cost to the taxpayer.

Do I sound unsympathetic, could be because I am. She has hurt so many people, whether intentionally, due to low intelligence or any other reason. Some of those people (her kids) may never fully recover. All the media attention is actually bringing back to the surface everything that these people have tried to bury and forget as best they can.

She should have been released quietly into a totally different area but with no special treatment apart from supervised housing, same as anyone else who has committed a similar crime.
 Marquis_de_Michaelmas
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Karen Matthews released
Posted: 4/5/2012 3:22:56 PM
It used to be so much easier when we could ship them all to Australia
 Marmite baby
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Karen Matthews released
Posted: 4/6/2012 4:34:16 AM
I don't fully understand this. Where was the reward money coming from?
 bootielicious
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Karen Matthews released
Posted: 4/7/2012 12:33:50 AM
If you're not concerned about compatibility, anyone can 'have somebody' and I'm afraid the less brain cells you have, the more likely you are to be governed by 'base' instinct, which is the need to procreate. She certainly managed that and so did the men she made babies with.

I think relationships are harder to form when you have more brain cells, because you think yourself out of everything. I'm not saying I'm uber intelligent, as I'm not, but I'm bloomin good at arguing why I shouldn't be in a relationship with someone and why I shouldn't have babies with them. That is where the difficulty lies with many people I believe.

Going back to Karen. I think that is part of the problem with her. She is living her life by base instinct and hasn't evolved to a level where she can reason where her actions are not sensible. I mean, if she loved children, then maybe being a Mother to 7 children may not be so bad, but she doesn't particularly like them at all and past some of them straight back to the Dad's who are bringing them up without her participation. The one instinct she could have done with 'maternal' she does not seem to be capable of.

I would recommend that she is sterilised and that is not something I say lightly. It's not fair on the children she has now, let alone bringing new life into this world.
 ~Hams~
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Karen Matthews released
Posted: 4/7/2012 5:28:15 AM

I would recommend that she is sterilised and that is not something I say lightly. It's not fair on the children she has now, let alone bringing new life into this world.

I agree with this.

Its a sad world we live in where some are unable to have children but others breed unwanted kids like rabbits just to maintain their lifestyle of living on benefits.

As for Karen Matthews she has served her sentence and should be allowed to get on with her miserable life.

I don't approve though if tax payers are going to have pay for a new house and identity for her.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >