Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bootielicious
Msg: 5
view profile
History
testimonialsPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
I think testimonials can be off putting if there are a lot of them and it sounds like there was intimacy with them etc. However having read yours, I would say that they should be read positively, as they show that you are sociable and hard working and treat people well.

I would not worry about your testimonials. Anyone who is put off them I imagine would be fairly insecure and likely not your social match anyway.
testimonials
Posted: 4/5/2012 2:27:26 PM
It just looks all rather too twee for me! Soz!
 andy1961
Msg: 11
view profile
History
testimonials
Posted: 4/5/2012 11:29:35 PM
well he did reply but told me the testimonials are off putting......so do you agree with that.....Are testimonials off putting?

Testimonials are off putting when you can see they're written by people who are clearly full of b*ullshit and lies!

The "Geordie" bloke from Edinburgh who has written the OP a testimonial (he's the one with the picture), has a testimonial himself on the bottom of his profile from another woman.
She is 27 years of age (he's 40!), a "model", and has written on her testimonial (dedicated to him) how they met but he didn't fancy her "because her boobs were too big"! (Oh please!)
After reading that farcical nonsense I thought I'd check her out. It is very obviously a fake profile, with a picture of a stunning model type (she does have big boobs) that's been *saved and copied* and stuck on to the fake profile.

And who created this fake profile? Well it looks like the Geordie bloke created it. On his own profile he's got this written...

ONLY IF YOU ARE: an intelligent, honest, friendly girl with a nice smile and shining eyes with a good sense of humour to hold everything together.
I would like to meet someone who knows what she wants in her life, who seeing bright and positive future, who could make me smile...

The 27 year old model (you know - the one that he turned down cause' her boobs were too big) has got this written on her profile...

ONLY IF YOU ARE: an intelligent, honest, friendly guy with a nice smile and shining eyes with a good sense of humour to hold everything together.
I would like to meet someone who knows what he wants in his life, who seeing bright and positive future, who could make me smile...

With the exception of gender change, he's not even clever enough to change the wording in both profiles.

So he's created a fake profile of a 27 year old "model" and given himself a Testimonial on his own profile from his fake profile.
 darkside0fthem00n
Msg: 15
view profile
History
testimonials
Posted: 4/7/2012 4:27:19 AM
I don't think your testimonial is offputting because as you say it's a man who's met you at meets that you have arranged.

They can be off putting though for other reasons such as "if the date was so great and she's so great why are they not together?"
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >