Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 licoricecat_1
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Dumped via facebookPage 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Facebook and internet sites could really jeopardize a persons credibility. Dangerous...
 windchymes
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Dumped via facebook
Posted: 4/8/2012 5:16:52 AM
You could keep your status at "in a relationship" and put another woman's name there. And then post a comment about how relieved you are to only have one girlfriend now. That'll show her.
 JerseyGirl2008
Msg: 38
Dumped via facebook
Posted: 4/8/2012 5:21:59 AM
OP - you're confusing the hell out of me.

In your first post, you state that you texted her to see if you could call her - she told you she was busy so you arranged to call her that night at 9 pm. Then you say you were out late with family members that evening and came in to find the Facebook announcement.

Then in another post, you claim that when you texted to see if you could call her, she said she was busy so you both arranged to talk by the phone the NEXT DAY.

So which is it? Did you arrange to talk THAT NIGHT at 9 pm, or did you arrange to talk the NEXT DAY?

My brain hurts.

In either event, you don't deserve the complete character assassination you're getting in this thread. Staying out late with FAMILY MEMBERS and missing a 9 pm telephone call is HARDLY the deadly sin some are painting it to be.
 GuessWho123456
Msg: 39
Dumped via facebook
Posted: 4/8/2012 5:27:03 AM
Obviously it does bother you or else you wouldnt post it. Makes me wonder why someone wouldwant to totally announce and celebrate your departure from their lives. Sad reailty either way . Finding a quality person is very tough. Perhaps you should reevaluate your choices in whom you date.
 TerrieLynnC
Msg: 40
Dumped via facebook
Posted: 4/8/2012 5:39:47 AM
You were expecting a phone call, you said it yourself. So something must have led you to believe the end was near. No need to get bent out of shape over a Facebook status. You've said you've moved on, so really what's the big deal??? NOBODY is perfect............
 bmore_goat
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Dumped via facebook
Posted: 4/8/2012 5:42:55 AM
Hence, my reason for NOT puting my relationship status on FB with someone I'm dating.
 Pinky127
Msg: 42
Dumped via facebook
Posted: 4/8/2012 6:24:19 AM
Op,you're "too old" to be embroiled in any FaceAche romance-drama LOL!

Seriously.....I hope next time you connect with someone more mature who doesn't feel the need to broadcast the
intricasies of your relationship on that Site.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 43
Dumped via facebook
Posted: 4/8/2012 6:37:09 AM
Don't blame technology for the poor communication skills of cowardly people. Remember the WW II song "Dear John"? People, like water, often take the route of least resistance OR the one that takes fewer ovaries or balls.

Seriously.....I hope next time you connect with someone more mature who doesn't feel the need to broadcast the intricasies of your relationship on that Site.

Yet he starts a forum to discuss it with strangers. Really, sometimes, people should just suck it up.
 UniquelyPassionateCandy
Msg: 44
Dumped via facebook
Posted: 4/8/2012 6:46:52 AM
ugh OP so she ended it over facebook...get over it and move on! Stop whining about it on here. Clearly you can't get your story straight but were coming on here looking for sympathy. Not getting any from me, just the honest truth. Sounds like the relationship was over before she changed her FB status, and you seem bummed that she beat you to the ending. Time to grow up and take a lesson from this, don't put your stuff out on facebook next time.
 jeep1127girl
Msg: 45
Dumped via facebook
Posted: 4/8/2012 6:48:59 AM
Maybe she figured why wait for you to call her and break up when she could end then, now that she is single why not post it? She was technically single before that telephone call wasnt she?
 AllAboutSports
Msg: 47
Dumped via facebook
Posted: 4/8/2012 11:24:30 AM
Actually,
one of two things,...she wanted to get your attention by posting it on fb....i mean if she really wanted to dump you why not block you as well?that way there is no communication??either she felt slighted by the attention recieved to others such as your sister,or she is an attention wH___.

or two,she doesnt like confrontation,and met someone else...most women,not all but most,always have a back up plan,and it kicked in w someone else,nd she didnt want to face you with bad news....good news for you is,your single!!!celebrate!leave the toilet seat up!!flirt with that woman you always wanted to,but was afraid,strike out alot flirting with people out of your league!!!go crzy man!!!have fun whooo hoooo!just dont post it on fb for her to see,then it becomes petty.sorry for your loss,but the future is bright for you.just dont buy a sports car and grow a ponytail and you will be ok!MAN UP!!there are smart beautiful women out there,and they smell good too!!!
 Iona_Bob
Msg: 48
Dumped via facebook
Posted: 4/8/2012 11:33:39 AM
OP's MSG 32

erm, no, she dumped me the day before she asked me to call her. I didn't arrange to call her last night as I was out and I had told her so. I tried to call her before I went out with my sister but she asked me not to as she was too busy and I respected that.

OP's MSG 53

We arranged to talk the nest day. Despite what others have written I hadn't been dumped before the phonecall. The first I knew about being dumped was when I read it on facebook. She was busy when I tried to call her and I respected that and we agreed to chat the next day and she made the descision to dump me while I was out with my sister.

OP, I would like to get on the same train with you, but I don't even know where you are headed?!?!?

Sorry, your inconsistent narrative just furthers my opinion that this entire thread was a lame attempt at paying her back through "outing" her here in the forums!
 1966ok
Msg: 51
Dumped via facebook
Posted: 4/8/2012 2:17:01 PM
Don't do FaceBook. I just don't feel that damned important like everyone else...
 cap_n_mORGAN
Msg: 54
Dumped via facebook
Posted: 4/8/2012 2:42:28 PM

We started seeing each other in November last year.

Ahhh yes the November relationships. That way she covered Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years and Valentines Day........Just wondering did she have a birthday during this time?

Studies have been done on this, some women will find a "meaningful relationship" during this time and then end them before the summer.

That way they won't feel alone during the holidays then they move along to find a more suitable companion.

Women who do this have no real feelings for their "mate" they just do it so they won't feel alone at a time when they normally have many public and private functions to go to.
 carolann0308
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Dumped via facebook
Posted: 4/8/2012 5:05:43 PM

no, she dumped me the day before

So you already knew you were single?
 341islife
Msg: 57
Dumped via facebook
Posted: 4/8/2012 5:08:30 PM
i don't see how somebody can be so hurtful. that is just mean.
 PDA1870
Msg: 58
Dumped via facebook
Posted: 4/8/2012 11:18:30 PM
Shows her age, i'm sure nobody even cared about how glad she was to be single.
 mrsforums
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Dumped via facebook
Posted: 4/8/2012 11:35:50 PM
Crackbook. Gak.

If I had an account I'd check it to see how I was feeling right now...

MrsF
 DomG79
Msg: 60
Dumped via facebook
Posted: 4/9/2012 12:35:56 AM
I broke up with my ex like that because she wouldn't answer her phone.
 Pinky127
Msg: 61
Dumped via facebook
Posted: 4/9/2012 2:06:16 AM
Op,do you mean that she dumped you the day before on FaceAche but you didnt see that til the next day?
Whatever her reasons are *i* think its a very lame,cowardly way to end things with someone.

Your Thread is certainly attracting some diverse opinions!
 a_Libra_rising
Msg: 62
Dumped via facebook
Posted: 4/9/2012 2:06:52 AM
maybe this doesn't matter but i'm wondering, why did you have to text to ask her when you can call? i mean if you and her had a personal relationship, why couldn't you just call her anytime you wanted?
 Capn_America
Msg: 63
Dumped via facebook
Posted: 4/9/2012 7:04:53 AM
Lacks class. Its actually a good thing the relationship is over.
Ugh. I am so 90's. Am I the only one?
 Meems919
Msg: 65
Dumped via facebook
Posted: 4/9/2012 8:27:14 AM
iface is a bad place to air ones life. I'm just sayin.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >