Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Feminism Your Views [under review]      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ventti
Msg: 226
Feminism Your ViewsPage 10 of 44    (4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44)
^^me too..
The news tonight announced that women earn on average 17.6 per cent less then men in Australia.

I'm disappointed with the amount of educated middle-class women here who feel that feminism is obsolete because they don't need it or did, but don't anymore. Sisterhood - load of shyte, I suppose.
 godessgaia
Msg: 227
Feminism Your Views
Posted: 4/11/2012 3:45:55 AM
No, it hasn't. You're still you; and no real feminist would want you to be something you don't want to be.
 godessgaia
Msg: 228
Feminism Your Views
Posted: 4/11/2012 3:47:26 AM
No, it didn't. The family structure was broken because not everybody fits the mold. So what? Idealism is as fallible, anyway.
 ventti
Msg: 229
Feminism Your Views
Posted: 4/11/2012 4:54:18 AM
^^How does feminist theory oppress? Or should I ask whom?
I don't believe feminism stops women from doing what they want. And I really don't believe feminist theory oppresses them.
I have devoted my life to raising my children as well as pursuing a career. My mother didn't have those choices. My daughter takes it for granted. I would like to ensure her daughters take for granted that there are no glass ceilings left for her to push her down.
I would also like to see my granddaughters grow up in a world where all women have equal rights and choices, not just a lucky few.
 --Zen--
Msg: 230
Feminism Your Views
Posted: 4/11/2012 5:12:35 AM
I'm disappointed with the amount of educated middle-class women here who feel that feminism is obsolete because they don't need it or did, but don't anymore.

This is because women are actually starting to see true face of feminism. It's fugly. For woman to be strong and independent is an equivalent as for man being weak mommas boy. It's a huge disadvantage in a relationship. She is expected to do all what she did before plus work 8 hour shift and fix a car because her husband is afraid to break a nail. No pressure.
 RAMPERBILL
Msg: 231
Feminism Your Views
Posted: 4/11/2012 7:23:37 AM
Chamelonf (Msg #257):
The fact that I was a stay at home mother myself would mean I found it a derogatory position to hold in life. As I stated, I loved it and I would promote it for anyone who has the ability to make that choice. I suppose the difference is that I don't give a chit what "other women had or have to say about it." I DO APPRECIATE THE FACT THAT IT WAS OTHERS LONG BEFORE ME WHO ALLOWED ME THE ABILITY TO HAVE THE CHOICE TO BE A STAY AT HOME MOTHER, BE A JOINT HOME-OWNER WHILE MARRIED AND A SOLE HOME-OWNER NOW, have my own bank account, make investments, seek any kind of education I choose and be self-employed. That's the part of feminism I applaud.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Who might those others be?
 Silverhawk_tkn
Msg: 232
view profile
History
Feminism Your Views
Posted: 4/11/2012 7:33:15 AM

I recognise that comment's going to go over your pretty little head, so don't worry about it, eh? Its not like its important, or anything.

Actually.....they all did! Whoosh!!

Aren't you glad I avoided you and others like you? You totally prove my point - I appreciate your comments!!
 RAMPERBILL
Msg: 233
Feminism Your Views
Posted: 4/11/2012 7:38:36 AM
Aren't you glad I avoided you and others like you? You totally prove my point - I appreciate your comments!!
-----------------------------------------------------------
I appreciate her comments too. Not that she is going to change my mind, nor I hers. I don't know why she still wants to bicker when the point has already been made.
 chameleonf
Msg: 234
view profile
History
Feminism Your Views
Posted: 4/11/2012 8:11:44 AM
^^^ Hear hear dogslife.

Rampberbill, you must live in a vacuum and not have paid attention in history classes or paid attention to anything in your own lifetime with respect to feminist movements, be they radical factions or otherwise. I find this rather curious that you do not know ANY names of individuals, male or female, who have supported women's rights through the years, particularly as you are such a vocal adversary. You obviously have access to the internet. I suggest you do your own research and enlighten yourself. I'm not about to do your homework for you.

I can choose to be a homeowner while staying home too if I can find someone willing to put me on the deed and pay for it all.

Again, a sample of a man figuring he "does it all." I worked full-time from the age of 17 to 28, at which time I had my first child and quit work to change roles of full-time paid worker outside the home to full-time inside unpaid worker. During the period 17 to 28, I co-owned and co-paid for a condo with my husband at the age of 21. At the age of 23 I co-owned and co-paid for the house he still lives in. It was owned outright the same year we decided to start our family. That you feel that you and men like you have "done it all" is more a matter of your own planning and the women you have chosen to be in your life. Be hateful all you like because you have made either poor choices or choices that were fine for you at the time but on dissolution of your relationships you developed hard feelings and feel the need to blame others - don't blame feminism.
 RAMPERBILL
Msg: 235
Feminism Your Views
Posted: 4/11/2012 8:16:48 AM
Dogslife2live001:
It is defining masculinity. Living the way described isn't a choice as it takes someone other than yourself to make it happen. I can choose to be a homeowner while staying home too if I can find someone willing to put me on the deed and pay for it all. Would you agree with me if I told you this is a realistic choice? I just don't see it as a choice, an opportunity not given to all maybe, but not a choice.

Chameleonf:
Who might those others be? You're either going to ignore me or say it.
 RAMPERBILL
Msg: 236
Feminism Your Views
Posted: 4/11/2012 9:37:58 AM
RAMPERBILL your views are perfectly logical for one that is guided by $$$$$
----------------------------------------------------
There's only 3 answers to my question, and in my opinion your answer is best.

My question was: Who might those others be?

1. Women
2. Men
3. Both

A manhater will only chose 1. (Doesn't want to give men any credit)
A woman hater will only chose 2. (Doesn't want to give women any credit)
 chameleonf
Msg: 237
view profile
History
Feminism Your Views
Posted: 4/11/2012 9:55:39 AM
@ ramperbill Ihad already responded with:

I find this rather curious that you do not know ANY names of individuals, male or female, who have supported women's rights through the years, particularly as you are such a vocal adversary.

I have acknowledged that men and women are both responsible for the feminist movement. The laws that get passed aren't passed by women alone. There are men who also agree with the laws and have them instituted. It's one of the reasons I keep saying if you don't like the way things are, enlist the assistance of those who will help you create change where you see a need. That doesn't mean that the only people who will assist you will be men. After all, it wasn't just women who assisted other women with the feminist movement(s) thoughout history.
 mrcs84
Msg: 238
view profile
History
Feminism Your Views
Posted: 4/11/2012 11:10:26 AM

I find this rather curious that you do not know ANY names of individuals, male or female, who have supported women's rights through the years, particularly as you are such a vocal adversary.

Well, I know of one particular figure head, and his name is Dr Warren Farrell. Being a Chairman for the National Organization for Women 3 times in a row, and also writing books like The Myth of Male Power, Why Men Earn More, and Father and Child Reunion. He seems to have accomplished quite a bit in regard to not only feminism, but a strive to have (as he calls it) a "gender transition." Much of what has been talked about in this thread that has been sided with the male side, he has discussed in quite a bit of depth. And he has even mentioned things like men don't get enough backing for their causes, and women have little issue with turning their backs on men's problems (This thread alone displays how when we voice what we have to say, it's considered whining, and we are often met with shaming language).
 RAMPERBILL
Msg: 239
Feminism Your Views
Posted: 4/11/2012 11:47:46 AM
Chameleonf:
I missed the "male or female" thing. I like things the way they are as I also have choices that I didn't have in my youth. Which I totally agree with, I just wish I was aware of them sooner as I could have made better choices, or at the very least knew when I made a bad choice. Perhaps you could let me know what other changes are in the works as it seems nobody wants to tell me, other than there is more coming. I was married to a tyrant, and am glad to have been able to get away. If it wasn't for women, I'd still be stuck. Maybe not, but it was a lot easier to get away at the time than it would have been 60 years ago. To be honest, as I write I'm thinking of what I would fight for and can't think of a single thing. Yet, once women fight for something I think, why didn't I think of that?

In an effort to show my true feelings I'm going to share this with you. I was very naive in my youth. Believe it when I tell you that I had wanted to divorce sooner than I did, but didn't know I could without cause. Like I said, naive. I feel stupid saying this now because in hindsight I finally figured out that many people (men and women) knew this, while I didn't. I then started to talk with others of both sexes and learned other things. I'll admit that at one point I was angry for the wrong reasons, because in time I realized I was really angry because I made bad choices because of a lack of knowledge. I think a lot of people (men and women) make mistakes the same way.

I raised my daughter to be aware of not letting herself be dependent on a man. I raised my son to know that he could leave without judgement, but must support his children. You can see how the 2 relate.

As for my preoccupation with finances, this stems from almost being financially devastated by a woman who financially contributed nothing. Therefore, finances are a big issue with me, especially as I get older. I don't see anything wrong with this, as it allows me to choose someone more compatible in this area.

As far as this thread, or even others that are similar, when the fighting starts it appears that both sides are demanding because, IMO, something is said that conflicts with the choices of the other. We all have choices as we all can choose. Someone who wants children will have the hair on the back of their neck stand up when someone says they won't have children. Someone who says finances are important will do the same with someone who is broke. Someone who doesn't want to co-habitate will do the same with someone who does. It makes for a lively topic, but people shouldn't get too bent out of shape over comments made by someone who isn't even living near you. If everyone is honest with their profiles (which we know won't happen) you'll be able to zero in on what you're looking for. Don't want kids, there's a block for it. Finances important, there's a block for it. Some profiles even have further clarification within the narrative.

Hopefully, I have explained myself well enough to ask you if you know what other changes are coming about, or was this just a tease.
 Silverhawk_tkn
Msg: 240
view profile
History
Feminism Your Views
Posted: 4/11/2012 12:14:19 PM

Dismissal of women and their voice is such a convenient tool of oppression, I understand why you wouldn't wish to change that in yourself.

Who said anything about dismissing women and their voice? Here's a news flash for you......not all women are feminists! To that point, I have a lovely GF who is anything but a feminist - and I found her right here on this site!!
FWIW, she has a soft, sexy, feminine voice.....I do anything but dismiss a voice like that.......lol.........

I clearly twisted up your panties into a big knot on this one so let me clarify again.....I have no issues with feminists outside the fact that I won't date them. The topic at hand is "Feminism - your views". I gave some arguments on why I personally don't date feminists, but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate what they have to offer outside a relationship. Like I said before, Feminists contribute greatly to our economy and pay their fair share of taxes so that we here in Canada can enjoy a great quality of life.

I happen to be quite picky about who I date and I've always been vocal about the "filters" I apply to women when I date. Feminists, single moms who say their "kids always come first" are among the top filters I use to screen out women that simply aren't going to be compatible with me. Thats not to say there is anything wrong with them, its just that they aren't compatible with ME and my personality. I'm not bashing anyone and saying they have to change to suit my (narrow) criteria, all I'm saying is that their traits and characteristics don't suit my own - thats all.

We clear on this now, honey? Really no reason for you to be so upset. If you are confident that my views are myopic and less intelligent than those of other men, I fully expect you to use them as your own personal filter to weed guys like me out and ensure you get the man of your dreams..........I certainly have had no problems succesfully dating on this site and IRL by using these filters - the same should work for you. Sound good?
 want to travel
Msg: 241
view profile
History
Feminism Your Views
Posted: 4/11/2012 12:33:40 PM
really, feminism in western, developed countries are totally without merit
women have all the rights men do
they have had them for decades now
all modern feminism is, is hate
any woman that is one, has deep issues
just my 2 cents
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 242
Feminism Your Views
Posted: 4/11/2012 12:46:55 PM
Just sayin':

Elite female night raiders break down barriers in Afghanistan

http://news.yahoo.com/afghan-elite-raiders-u-equals-155447759.html
 Mr_Celibate
Msg: 243
Feminism Your Views
Posted: 4/11/2012 12:56:04 PM

My daughter told me recently that she went to go in a shop and a chap raced across the shop to open the door for her. It wasn't like he was just on his way out, or going in, in front of her. She didn't have her daughter with her in the baby buggy, so didn't need assistance. It totally creeped her out.

Personally I think men are fools for doing any favors for women because 1. They, supposedly, don't need our help 2. They don't appreciate anyway, e.g. get "creeped out." The proper term for this is chivalry. Not to worry, there are still plenty of "white knights" who will come to your daughter's rescue when she actually wants them to.

In Britain, it would also mean that the Catholics have to get their heads round the idea of women clergy, or face legal action just like every other employer.

No they don't. What the secularist fails to understand is that there are some laws that are above the "law of the land" which changes with every political wind. Maybe someone should look into whether woman in Britain were better off before Henry VIII or after, protestant propaganda notwithstanding.

The Rule of Thumb was still legal in Britain until 1972, where a man could beat his wife with a stick as long as it was no thicker than his thumb. That's 15 years after my parents married up until I was five years old.

Well that depends on how thick his thumb was. There was a little thing called WWII and D-Day that the men of that generation were recovering from. It doesn't leave much patience for arguing with feminists. As always men still have to go to war and in general, do societies dirty work, but now we have bend over and take it from the government every time some womyn complains.

I assume you think we should have stopped there and accepted Spousal Rape and The Law of Provocation as it stood?

Let's combine chivalry, women's privilege, and rape in a story.

A woman is walking down the road from Jerusalem to Jericho a man attacks and begins to rape her.

A feminist walks by. She thinks to herself that the man doing this is a filthy pig but not much different from any other man. She makes a few notes for her next women's studies lecture and walks on.

An average young woman walks by. She screams and hollers for help but she knows that she cannot directly intervene because she would put herself at risk. She runs on.

A feminist man, a white knight, walks by. He intervenes for the woman getting raped but the rapists turns and stabs him with a knife. He dies.

An ordinary man walks by. He sees the woman being raped. He looks at his watch and walks on by.

Which of the strangers walking by will be picked up, questioned, and charged by the police?
 chameleonf
Msg: 244
view profile
History
Feminism Your Views
Posted: 4/11/2012 1:01:21 PM
Ramperbill:
Hindsight is 20/20 for all of us with respect to what we didn't know but should have known, but it makes it all the more important that when we have children who will likely blissfully head off into relationships, that they are taught beforehand and continue to question and learn, as well as those who are our age. In the end, we are responsible for our own knowledge.

Hopefully, I have explained myself well enough to ask you if you know what other changes are coming about, or was this just a tease.

As for my preoccupation with finances, this stems from almost being financially devastated by a woman who financially contributed nothing. Therefore, finances are a big issue with me, especially as I get older. I don't see anything wrong with this, as it allows me to choose someone more compatible in this area.

Almost everyone goes through a financial devasation to one degree or another when a relationship ends. Some fair better than others and some perceive others to have faired better than them. It's a case by case situation, although I do believe, as I've said before, that men do tend to get ripped off in a number of ways, but more particularly in geographical jurisdictions where legislation has been slow to change. Where I'm from, it's as close to 50/50 as you can get, except where matters of child custody and child support payments are concerned. It's still too much a throw of the dice from one judge to another.

Since you have indicated finances were one of your main sore spots, I'll provide you with some highlights on new Will legislation that came into force here in Alberta in December of 2011, just four months ago. I'm lucky in that sometimes interesting and informative stuff crosses my desk that others may not be aware of if it's not widely publicized. People, particularly at our age, are faced with the dilema of finances and how to recoup or how to protect our interests either exiting relationships or entering new ones. Here are some highlights from our new legislation - you may already have it in your neck of the woods or it maybe being looked into:

- A gift to a spouse or adult interdependent partner is revoked if the marriage or partnershp ends. This applies to both Wills made under existing laws and the new legislation, but only pertains to relationships that end after the new legislation comes into effect;
- Entering into an adult interdependent partnership agreement or marriage no longer nullifies your Will so long as your Will is made after the new legislation comes into effect;
- A spouse or adult interdepndent partner has the automatic right to stay in the home they shared with the deceased for three months after the death regardless of any contrary intention expressed in the Will;
- A surviving spouse may make a claim for their share of matrimonial property from the estate of their deceased spouse regardless of whether divorce proceedings have been commenced. This rule will not apply to adult interdependent partners;
- If you have been living separate and apart from your spouse for over two years and you die without a Will, your spouse is not automatically entitled to a share of your estate;
- If you have not given your entire estate to your spouse, the possibility exists under the new legislation for a spouse to make a claim for one-half of the matrimonial property, as well as anything they receive under your Will.

Again, this is just one example of changes being made. You will note that it isn't gender specific and the legislation didn't come into effect strictly as a result of one gender's efforts, but it definitely came into effect because there was some form of financial devastation going on.

I have seen other changes and proposed changes with respect to child custody which is proposing fairer access to children, which is used as a huge bartering chip or punishment when people split. I won't take any further time to look these up, but just thought I'd provide you with the one with respect to Wills that was still on my desk.

Most people will look at the above and think, "How wonderful, here we are trying to get into relationships and she's telling us some of the new changes when getting out of them intentionally through divorce or unintentionally via death." No one figured when they entered a relationship that it would/could fail. We let emotions override good sense and planning. If you educate yourself before entering a relationship, everyone, men an women, should come out far better than they do now without planning or without educating themselves ahead of time. Enter new relationships where both parties understand the ramfications of ill planning should they not take the time to obtain the education, as ramperbill indicated was a major problem in his own bad experience. Change can be slow, unfortunately, and particularly so for those who are suffering the most, be it a man or a woman, however, just sitting back and complaining, not educating yourself and not educating your children, will not make it better for you or them in the future.
 vampyreshadow
Msg: 245
view profile
History
Feminism Your Views
Posted: 4/11/2012 1:07:59 PM
Ohh yeah, woman are cowards, tell that to Joan Of Arc, Margarethe Cammermeyer, the Red Detachment of woman, (Female front line soldiers in the Maoist army) Rani Lakshmibai, both a queen and a front line soldier. We have lots of historical records of woman both being willing, and able to fight, and die for what they believe in. And I am one of them, ask any guy who was there with me to bounce some out of line dip shits with my mag light, I was the first up, telling these two idiots bigger then me, keep harassing that bar tender and they are out the door. I will defend, with my life, anyone who is getting harmed, male or female, I am not afraid to be hurt, I am not afraid to die.
 RAMPERBILL
Msg: 246
Feminism Your Views
Posted: 4/11/2012 1:49:08 PM
Chameleonf:
Thank you. I figured if anyone would take the time to respond it would be you. I didn't know you lived in Canada though, but laws do seem to spill across boarders. I revised my will last year, and although these laws are of little concern to me, they are still interesting and actually better than the present laws where I Live. For example:

- A spouse or adult interdepndent partner has the automatic right to stay in the home they shared with the deceased for three months after the death regardless of any contrary intention expressed in the Will;

Here, a partner that lives with you cannot be written out of the will. The partner gets 50%, son/daughter 25% each (or whatever I designate). Also, my children cannot force partner to sell to collect now, but partner must pay property taxes and upkeep expenses while living there. This could last for years depending on the age of the partner. Upon partner's death, her 50% goes to whoever she designates. If property taxes or upkeep aren't maintained, partner can then be forced to vacate through sale. This is what the attorney said, hope he knew what he was talking about.

Edit to Add: Partner must also pay full mortgage if home isn't paid off.
 Casper66
Msg: 247
view profile
History
Feminism Your Views
Posted: 4/11/2012 1:49:37 PM
Thanks Mr Cule for the laugh, what a bunch of ridiulous scenerios to try and justify some misguided belief that women's rights is to blame for all your problems. I'm curious what rights you have had to give up for women to have their rights the same as anyone else, to have choice and live their life as they wish. I agree that the family court and divorce settlements have to change so that they are fair to both sides, changes are happening although slowly, again if you want change use your voice and help those organizations that are trying to make positive change. Be proactive instead of sitting on the couch and blaming those bad feminists. If someone holds a door for me I always say thankyou, it's the polite thing to do and thats how I was raised, but I've also had men and women slam it in my face or push past me, rude people come in all shapes and sizes and is not gender specific.
 mystyre
Msg: 248
Feminism Your Views
Posted: 4/11/2012 1:54:48 PM
Any logical person will agree with the original ideas of feminism. However, the current state of feminism has grown to become some what destructive to both men and women. I have educated myself on their views. Much of their ideals are just downright contradictory. They believe women should have a choice in governing there own lives. However, when men and/or women do not follow the feminists' ideal lifestyle, they are met with derogatory and shameful remarks (as we have in some posters comment on this very thread). The new feminist boast that women are equal to or greater than men in almost every aspect. However, they promote misandric laws in order to "protect" women. By the way, misandry is not commonly recognized as a word. They view domestic violence against women as a heinous crime, which I agree with for both men and women. But, they view domestic violence against men as humor, entertainment, and empowering (I can fill up your iPod with the AWARD WINNING SONGS ALONE).
 vampyreshadow
Msg: 249
view profile
History
Feminism Your Views
Posted: 4/11/2012 2:08:50 PM
Myst, I agree with you mainly :) but the problem isn't feminism, I am a feminist, I support a woman, and a mans right to choose what ever suits them, I actually admire a stay at home dad the way it stands, because it is actually more of a piss off to the system. I got a hell of allot less judgment being a full time mom then a full time dad would. But I get allot of judgement for being a construction worker, the problem is, people want to pigeon hole everyone based on what they look like. People are so caught up with their ego an attitude that they believe any human that doesn't act or think like them, is somehow messed up. Most of our isms should be more about teaching tolerance then about legislating equality, to err is human, to really screw things up requires government intervention :P
 R00T
Msg: 250
Feminism Your Views
Posted: 4/11/2012 3:24:45 PM
Try telling the woman scraping plaque off your teeth that it's a man's world.

Female dental hygienists earn eight percent more than their male counterparts, according to online salary database PayScale.com.
Hiring Now
Search All Job Listings
New York Jobs
Los Angeles Jobs
Chicago Jobs
Philadelphia Jobs

While U.S. Census statistics historically show that women's earnings lag men's, they don't show the whole picture, says Katie Bardaro, PayScale's lead analyst. They only compare median earnings of all full-time, year-round workers. But break earnings down by profession and compare equal factors such as experience and education, and men don't always make more, Bardaro says.

Many of the jobs in which women earn more than men are either female-dominated jobs or extremely male-dominated jobs.

That's no surprise to Caren Goldberg, a professor at American University in Washington, D.C., who studies workplace gender issues. "Women in traditionally male-dominated jobs are rewarded for bucking the stereotype, while women in traditionally female jobs are rewarded for 'fitting in,'" Goldberg says.

Delana Nelson, a dental hygienist of 25 years living in Rapid City, S.D., not only had a female mentor in a field with 95 percent women but also feels she has excelled. Her pay and responsibilities have grown, and today she co-owns and manages her husband's dental practice.

What other professions offer females the opportunity of better pay than men? PayScale lists five below, followed by that job's median female pay and a comparison to men's pay.

Facilities Director - $74,200

Pay above men's: 9 percent

A facilities director's duties vary by the organization but generally involve managing buildings, grounds, equipment and supplies. In small organizations, experience may be all you need. But in large organizations, you might need a bachelor's degree and more experience.

-- Find facilities director jobs

IT Network Engineer - $64,200

Pay above men's: 5 percent

Kelly Tollefson, an IT network engineer, is the only female on her Bellevue, Neb., office's team of 13. She said employers seeking workplace diversity pay women more as an incentive.

Employers often require a bachelor's degree. Some prefer a master's in business administration with a concentration in information systems. An associate's degree or professional certification with related work experience may be sufficient.

-- Find network engineer jobs

Advertising Broadcast Producer - $55,600

Nan Pike, an advertising broadcast producer at Bozell, an Omaha, Neb. advertising firm, says she's never encountered obstacles or special treatment because of her gender.

"It's all about if you do the job," she said.

The job involves facilitating all areas of the broadcast production process for a client, from budgets to timelines. Employers often prefer a bachelor's or master's degree, often in advertising or journalism. Relevant areas of study include marketing, consumer behavior, visual arts, art history, photography or market research.

-- Find broadcast producer jobs

Television Producer/Director - $53,500

People in this role can follow many paths to employment. Producers often get their start working in a performing arts union or for a press agent, managing director or business manager. Directors often enter the industry as actors or writers or assisting other directors.

-- Find television producer jobs

Legal Assistant - $33,400

Pay above men's: 6 percent

Most legal assistants have an associate's degree in paralegal studies or a bachelor's degree in another field with a certificate in paralegal studies. Community colleges are the typical route, but a few schools offer bachelor's and master's degrees in paralegal studies. Some employers offer on-the-job training, and most don't require certification. Some certifications require renewal tests and continuing education.

When Kari Frangos decided to become a paralegal following a layoff from her advertising job, she bypassed school by landing a job with training from senior paralegal mentors -- two of whom were women.

"They wanted me to succeed, so they were always willing to give me feedback," says Frangos, who now works as a paralegal at a Houston litigation firm. "I absolutely love it and think it was what I was destined to do."

-- Find legal assistant jobs
http://jobs.aol.com/articles/2012/03/01/jobs-where-women-earn-more-than-men/

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Feminism Your Views [under review]