Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Feminism Your Views [under review]      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Consigliori
Msg: 126
view profile
History
Feminism Your ViewsPage 6 of 44    (4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44)
I have sons and daughters. I’d like to see them all have a fair shot - but if you ask me it’s the dads that have it tough. Let’s have some Dadism.
 R00T
Msg: 127
Feminism Your Views
Posted: 4/9/2012 2:39:01 PM
Feminism, our official gender ideology, masquerades as a movement for women's rights. In reality, feminism is a cruel hoax, telling women their natural biological instincts are "socially constructed" to oppress them.

Feminism is elite social engineering designed to destroy gender identity by making women masculine and men feminine. Increasingly heterosexuals are conditioned to behave like homosexuals who generally don't marry and have children. Courtship and monogamy are being replaced by sexual promiscuity, prophesied in Aldous Huxley's Brave New World.

The Rockefellers and Rothschilds created feminism to poison male-female relations (divide and conquer.) Their twin objectives are depopulation and totalitarian world government. Why? These bankers create money out of nothing and think they are God.

"Cruel Hoax" shows the connection between feminism, Communism and 9-11. It examines male-female relations and shows how we can take back our heterosexuality.

http://www.cruelhoax.ca/?cruelhoaxbook

I am far from upset, I think it's funny that people are massively brained washed. I'm going to keep on observing and see what happens. I think it's real funny, I don't think feminism is going to end well. :S
 R00T
Msg: 128
Feminism Your Views
Posted: 4/9/2012 2:50:19 PM
That's because I'm laughing too hard to type. It's easier to copy and paste. LOL
 DoubleParked
Msg: 129
Feminism Your Views
Posted: 4/9/2012 2:56:37 PM
Watch the TV series 'MadMen' and you will see what life was like for a woman (and for men) in the work force before the feminist movement in the late 60s and 70s. I'm sure some of the men will wish they had been around back then, maybe some women , too. In any case it's an eye-opener on how far we have come from that time for good or ill depending on your own views.
 vampyreshadow
Msg: 130
view profile
History
Feminism Your Views
Posted: 4/9/2012 3:00:48 PM
Root, I am laughing to hard at you, to not type, sheesh. I don't like the way the world is changing so it must be a part of a grand conspiracy :P I like Dystopic novels, Fahrenheit 452 scared the hell out of me, and I can buy into some conspiracies. But sheesh, overboard silly much? :P
 chameleonf
Msg: 131
view profile
History
Feminism Your Views
Posted: 4/9/2012 3:01:52 PM

I am far from upset, I think it's funny that people are massively brained washed. I'm going to keep on observing and see what happens. I think it's real funny, I don't think feminism is going to end well. :S

Speaking of being massively brainwashed, plenty (most) conspiracy theorists seem to fall within that category without providing actual proof to back up said theories...just sayin'.
 SweetMollyGirl
Msg: 132
view profile
History
Feminism Your Views
Posted: 4/9/2012 3:10:45 PM
I do not agree with quotas in the workforce, be it for disabilities, race, gender, or any other reason. If a woman is as capable of doing the job, she should be respected for her talent.

I also believe that women have lost some of their "power" and think more like men. Most couples cannot live on one income since women have entered the workforce. Many men seem to want a woman that fulfills all "traditional role" expectations but also brings in income. Whether dating or married, they want to have their cake and eat it too. Feminism has made our lives more difficult in this regard. Ultimately, we do have the right to choose and for this I am grateful to the feminist movement. The challenge for women of today is finding the happy medium-we need not feel threatened by our own femininity or by our ability to be strong and independent.
 Silverhawk_tkn
Msg: 133
view profile
History
Feminism Your Views
Posted: 4/9/2012 3:40:48 PM
To me, Feminism=females with male characteristics. Yes, they are equal to me (or better) in brainpower, status, income, and ability........to the point that I am certainly not needed as a life partner in their busy lives and get relegated to "boy toy" status. No thank you. I avoid feminists. Goes against my Alpha male characteristics that want to provide and protect. I group feminists in with the same women that tend to say "I don't need a man" in their profiles. I think its feministic attitudes and beliefs that predicate the "I don't need a man" type of statement.

Do I generalize much? Hell yea, but I just can't be bothered anymore with evaluating women one on one. I need some filters to start with, and anyone that hints of being feminist gets the cut for me.........

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against feminists. All the power to them and I appreciate what they can offer economically and intelligently to our great country. I just refuse to date them.

I am happiest with women who still like doors opened for them, who like and take time for me to rub their feet, who like me to make them a romantic dinner, etc. Feminists don't have time for any of this. They are busy and succesful CxOs, executives, politicians, or doctors that run companies, delegate responsibilties, and make tons of dough. I have no place in their lives and nor do I want to compete with them for their time away from their success........I simply move along.

I am an old and dying breed. I think younger males these days are happy playing second fiddle to women. Just look at all the movies showing males as bumbling idiots or lazy goofballs (Jack Black) that need women to look after them and make decisions. I honestly think younger guys are ok with this kind of image - I'm not.

I work hard, I make a great living, I have lots of toys. I want a woman that I can dote on and who in turn will dote on me. I like simple, plain, sexy women. I don't want someone that is hell bent to conquer the world or become president or find a cure for cancer. Alas, women like this are few and far between these days...and it took me a LONG time to find one that still likes my old chivalrous ways......shes definitely a keeper in this day of feminist women for sure!!
 Capn_America
Msg: 134
Feminism Your Views
Posted: 4/9/2012 3:42:00 PM

I would rather have me protecting me with a Glock then some donut munching overweight male cop I move a hell of allot faster, and I am pretty good with a mag light :P Hell, I was doing a bar tour with one of my friends, and helped take out two rather large men twice my size at a bar with my mag light (Just got off work still had it stuffed in a loop on my pants)

See, thats one of the differences between the US and Canada; your place, a criminal gets shot, the cop gets a medal. Here, a cop shoots someone who opens fire FIRST, they get sued and fired. All the cops I know are terrified of taking their service weapons out, its getting ridiculous. We went wrong somewhere..... but anyways, goes to show you how different things are. And I am not bitter at all about not being able to join the force (actually, seeing the number of good cops getting fired for firing on bad guys, and for idiotic technicalities, I get the feeling I wouldnt have lasted long myself) but the fact I was refused from the program because I was white, a man, and had top notch scores because they needed to `give my position to a visible minority (and I`m actually quoting now, women or immigrant stands for visible minority) REALLY peed me off. Specially since here its a one shot deal; you dont get in at 16, you NEVER get in.
I think like you do, but its not the way our services act, which is what sucks. I dont think you guys in the US have it the same. To become a soldier for example, I`m sure the physical exercises are the same for men then they are for women. Not here; they lower qualifications for women.....THATS the part of feminism that I dont agree with. Just for the sake of putting more women soldiers, women cops, women firewomen (can I even say that? lol) they are letting people on the street who can`t do the job, do the job. And its already costs lives in the past, not to mention led to some disgusting accidents. A few years ago, I did indeed see a woman cop taken down by a thug. I was actually there to give a hand, and I was pricked by a needle which (thankfully) didn`t contain HIV virus like the perp said it did. The young lady cop with me was terrified, crying crazily and completely unable to retain her suspect, which is why I stepped in and got pricked myself. This was when I was working for Jean Coutu Pharmacies.
THATS the part of feminism I got a problem with. If they hired people who could actually do their jobs right, instead of putting SO much importance on symbolism like `this here be a woman cop`then we wouldnt have such issues.
For stuff like that, I think Feminism doesnt have its place.
On the other hand, we got a HUGE debate here in Quebec, about applying muslim laws like the Charia TEXTUALLY, (which contain juicy stuff like if a man catches a woman cheating, he can lapidate her on the street....) and I`m really wondering where the HELL all the crazy angry and evil Feminists are, because they would be kind of needed right now. My guess is theyre probably scared of getting labelled xenophobes instead of women defending their rights...
 mmadkins
Msg: 135
view profile
History
Feminism Your Views
Posted: 4/9/2012 3:50:06 PM

So is it only a state of mind or also a behavior?

Isn't Feminism a philosophy? I don't see how it could be a state of mind or behavior. Also, I think that "Feminism" seems to have a varying definition from person-to-person. Of course, there is a formal definition that doesn't vary from person-to-person but it seems that different people have a different understanding about what exactly Feminism is.
 vampyreshadow
Msg: 136
view profile
History
Feminism Your Views
Posted: 4/9/2012 4:11:06 PM
Capn, that is feminism I don't agree with, actually that is life I do not agree on, I do not agree with the whole separate but equal, equal is equal, I get angry, because people take one look at me and say you can't, they don't give me a shot. I don't mind proving myself, as a matter of fact I rather enjoy proving myself, I don't even mind if I end up having to work twice as hard just to do it. And don't even get me going on Sharia law, I get rabid at the pc move accommodating this bull, then again, I wouldn't be caught dead in the tent they have to wear either, my butt would be getting in some trouble. As for lethal force, meh use a tazer, or as I said before a mag light (Tazer might be better unless the weirdo is high then mag light) there are places you can hit someone with a mag that will take them down no matter what.
 FixedVariable
Msg: 137
view profile
History
Feminism Your Views
Posted: 4/9/2012 4:11:33 PM
My views on feminism are much like my views are of a lot of things nowadays; it was a good idea when it came, it was very usefull and accomplished great things, and now in 2012 its being abused off and used more for politics or pressures on different groups than anything else

Nailed it.

@Capn_America this example of the inequality in physio gets made often. There is some jobs as you stated one of them, that require certain physical abilities.

Exactly. If a woman has the ability to do the job, she should at least be considered for the job. Obviously, if she can't, then too bad she shouldn't get the job.

To me, Feminism=females with male characteristics.

I don't have any.

I am happiest with women who still like doors opened for them, who like and take time for me to rub their feet, who like me to make them a romantic dinner, etc. Feminists don't have time for any of this.

Crap. I identify as a Feminist I like doors opened for me... thing is, I don't demand or expect you to do it just because you're a man and I'm a woman. And I know that you know that yes... I can open a door all by my little self, but you open the doors anyway. That's just nice.

Any woman yelling at you over a nice gesture like that is no Feminist, she's just a douchebag.

For stuff like that, I think Feminism doesnt have its place.

Yes it does, but as I mentioned at the beginning of my post... she has to prove she can do the job. The examples you're talking about Police and firefighters have extensive testing before getting hired. It's the perfect opportunity to prove she can... or prove she can't. Women shouldn't be hired just to fill a quota or to shut people up.

it seems that different people have a different understanding about what exactly Feminism is.

That's part of the problem.
 RAMPERBILL
Msg: 138
Feminism Your Views
Posted: 4/9/2012 4:19:39 PM
The problem I have is a woman who doesn't want to work or do a darn thing.

I think you've muddied the water here with an issue surrounding traditional 'women's work' being unpaid and therefore not valued, or recognised.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Here in the states, if you can catch it when printed in the paper, annually they print the value of a housewife/stay-at-home mom. This is how they compute their value (No lie):

If she cook's - She's a chef.
If she drives the kids to school/soccer meets - she's a chauffer.
If she cleans - she's a maid.
If she sews - she's a seamstress.

I can't remember the rest, but there were more. They then take the wages of each title, pro-rate the speculated time spent doing each, and come up with a value of contribution. Last time I saw this was about 4 years ago, and her non-monetary contribution to the family was $150,000 annually. Flaws with this theory are they always represent every woman that stays home with the same value, whether they sew or not.

I have never, ever seen a value placed on the man's non-monetary contributions. That is why I have concluded that this is just a sales pitch. Why would they even print this? You're supposed to be convinced that you need a wife (if not married), or value your wife more (if married).

I believe that if a man is shown this by his wife he'd better say "thank you honey, what would I do without you." Anything less and he'll get roasted alive. This ranks up there with "Honey, does my a** look big in these jeans."

Whenever my co-workers and I would catch this in the paper we'd joke about it. Mostly, because it put a high value on her contributions, with him as the recipient of her labors. Remember, the woman represented is not working outside of the home. Since the paper won't do it, here's the conclusion for our portrayal of the man's contributions. He's providing her medical, dental, clothing, housing, utiliies, car, insurance, gas, food, entertainment, toiletries, and anything else she needs. More financially prudent to not be married, eat out nightly, send laundry to dry cleaners, hire a weekly maid, alter clothing through a professional tailor. Doing this you'll probably be able to save at least $20,000 annually (more if you do it yourself) towards your retirement. On the bright side, she gets to keep her entire $150,000 all to herself. That was 4 years ago, she's probably worth $180,000 now.

Very creative writing on the part of the author of those articles.
 ItsMargo
Msg: 139
view profile
History
Feminism Your Views
Posted: 4/9/2012 4:38:20 PM
There remains only one group which it is still legally permitted to discriminate against: white males. There's only one group where it is socially acceptable to bash, yep, the white male again. And "old white guys" have it the worst.

Companies may still discriminate against women and other minorities - but in Canada they are breaking the law. (Admittedly I still flinch at the inanity of calling women - at 51% of the population - a minority and apparently there's a new descriptor for it which further boggles my mind: "a minority majority" whew.

At what point do we look at the lot of women NOW? The only reason to take the contrast back to 1000 years or how it was in the 50's or the 70's or whatever historical point is chosen is because if one were to discuss female rights in Canada now, well, it looks pretty good. Perhaps women don't need all or some of the legal protections or discrimination that was put into place to bring about equality. Feminist thinkers are very concerned about losing some of their hard won gains.

Females are earning equivalent to males now. They have equal rights to education and employment. There are scholarships and point systems specifically designed to attract more females to traditionally male careers. In roughly some 30% of households, women are earning a higher income than their husbands/partners. Doesn't look so bad.

So were these measures put into place in order to get women to a place of equality or were they designed to punish for 1,000 years of perceived oppression?
 ventti
Msg: 140
Feminism Your Views
Posted: 4/9/2012 6:02:40 PM
^There is much that is shortsighted about your post, Margo.
* There are still professions where women dominate and are paid less than men in equal-but-different roles - for example, in child care and old age care.
* Women might make up 51 per cent of the population, but are they equally represented in politics and the higher echelons of business or religion?
* Women earning more than men in 30 per cent of households is still not 50 per cent. More women than men head single-parent households and are financially responsible for them. More women than men lose out on retirement savings while they are in child-bearing years.
* Feminist theories have evolved and are not centred on equal pay. It may look rosier in Western societies, but discrimination is still real for millions of women around the world.
* ''Old white guys" made the rules. They get it worse because generally they are the ones still enforcing them.
 LinuxD
Msg: 141
view profile
History
Feminism Your Views
Posted: 4/9/2012 6:56:47 PM
the "ladies' wanted CHANGE!, the "ladies" got CHANGE! now we must CHANGE THE CHANGES SO THE CHANGES WE WANTED ARE THE CHANGES WE WANT... WE ARE WOMEN LISTEN TO US ROAR!!!!!! (we have), and they are still un happy with it.. As much as things change,some things always stay the same. Yell and scream "ladies" sugar and spice and all that rubbish.... *shrug* good luck with that :)

* There are still professions where women dominate and are paid less than men in equal-but-different roles - for example, in child care and old age care.

How many years does it take to be a nanny or babysitter rather than say, an Electrical enigineer? of those years spentt obtaining the higher level of education,at any given time,are males likely to get pregnant,want to take maternity leave for an extended time and years later expect to step into the same job that has evolved in the past half decade? None.. they for the most part are on the job...same thing applies for being a day care or care giver for the elderly :).....

* Women might make up 51 per cent of the population, but are they equally represented in politics and the higher echelons of business or religion?

what is holding them back? hit it.. you can always play the "oppressed card" why are you not doing it? Hmmmmm?

and...... that ought to give you a headache.. but of course not.. you will only choose to see what you want.. here is a trick i learned as a male while I was sailing and working as a fisherman in some deadly sea's.. so another man's kid had something to eat and the feminist at home griped i was doing enough, " stop looking at the bow and look at the horizon if you dont wanna get sea sick"
 Mr_Celibate
Msg: 142
Feminism Your Views
Posted: 4/9/2012 8:17:37 PM

msg 170 Feminism, our official gender ideology, masquerades as a movement for women's rights. In reality, feminism is a cruel hoax, telling women their natural biological instincts are "socially constructed" to oppress them.

Feminism is elite social engineering designed to destroy gender identity by making women masculine and men feminine. Increasingly heterosexuals are conditioned to behave like homosexuals who generally don't marry and have children. Courtship and monogamy are being replaced by sexual promiscuity, prophesied in Aldous Huxley's Brave New World. ... I don't think feminism is going to end well.

msg 171 @R00t you are presenting your ideas of the world as facts, they arent just your views.

I personally dont like any of this spinning and mixing of words that dont belong together and misrepresenting them. Not just in context of feminism, its a trait thats suspicious in itself. I will refrain from picking them apart one by one, cause i trust in the intellectual abilities of others to views through this.

I agree with his views. My intellectual abilities tell me he is dead on correct. You on the other hand probably did not take the time to check out his facts. You just wanted to jump in and try to discredit him with meaningless verbage.

Your attack seemed to be strategic. We understand your tactics. He is correct. This will not end well.
 snickasnacks
Msg: 143
Feminism Your Views
Posted: 4/9/2012 9:45:12 PM
According to the late Aaron Russo, Nick Rockefeller, whos family helped propel the Feminist/women's "liberation" movement, did it for two main reasons:

1) Approximately half the population was not subject to taxes and

2) It allowed for children to enter school at an earlier age for indoctrination by the State vs. the family.
 vampyreshadow
Msg: 144
view profile
History
Feminism Your Views
Posted: 4/9/2012 11:53:40 PM
Plentyofthrowbacks :) heh, my two eldest daughters rides bulls in high school rodeo, the eldest of the two is actually darn good at it, and has won belt buckles, I think... I have raising strong girls pretty well set :P Actually, I raise them to understand what ever they want, go after it, do the best you can, and have fun doing it. Ranch raised kids, we are a different breed.

And me, I cry a hell of allot less then most people in general, Broken Ankle, pulled off my boots and thought eh just a sprain, trained my green horse for a week till helping some skinny guy push his truck out of the intersection with my daughter, then it finally did enough nerve and tendon damage that I needed a boot cast, then I just rode and trained horses in the boot. (Sure they told me to stay off my leg, but no one tells me anything when it interferes with a goal I have) actually my eldest wants to kick my arse for that one still... Or getting 2075 stitches because I didn't bail off another green horse, and got ran through a barbed wire fence because I was trying to keep the horse from getting hurt, I hate drugs, so did it mainly un-medicated , the stupid doctor almost got punched for injecting me with morphine,
 R00T
Msg: 145
Feminism Your Views
Posted: 4/9/2012 11:54:53 PM

Speaking of being massively brainwashed, plenty (most) conspiracy theorists seem to fall within that category without providing actual proof to back up said theories...just sayin'.

Oh really have you read the male posts that are confused which gender role they should be playing? Oh right I"m making things as I go long? Oh maybe you will accuse me of having more than one account?
 vampyreshadow
Msg: 146
view profile
History
Feminism Your Views
Posted: 4/9/2012 11:57:25 PM
Root, being female isn't a contract to play a certain role in life. We are people, we have our own identities, all males don't share the same goals either, and no one expects them to, but you want to pigeon hole woman, and expect us to be happy about this? Think a guy who likes programming computers is going to be content working construction or other physical labor? Think a guy who never wants children is going to be happy forced to play dad, Hell no, it takes all kinds to build this great world we live in, a woman's role isn't to take care of kids and her man, a woman's role is what ever SHE as a thinking individual chooses it to be. Same with a man,
 1womanman33
Msg: 147
Feminism Your Views
Posted: 4/10/2012 12:44:59 AM
I think ideally feminism should be the right for women to choose which path of adulthood they want to partake in. In other words, if someone wants to be a big ol' flannel wearing butch, more power to them! If that woman wants to battle the men in the board room or other corporate/work arenas, HER CHOICE. If invariably, all a woman ever wanted to do was emulate Betty Crocker, have children, and figure out how to make the best neighborhood brownies, her choice. I don't like the Gloria Steinem's of the world because their agenda is myopic (at least in public appearance) that they would seemingly sacrifice some of their own for a perceived greater good...'equality'. What is the mission statement, the zero sum of what they are trying to achieve? Is this about POWER or is this about EQUALITY? Because yes, you typically have to gain power in the process, but who's are you trying to take? Having taken women's studies a couple of semesters in college, I remain fascinated by this dynamic.
 mrcs84
Msg: 148
view profile
History
Feminism Your Views
Posted: 4/10/2012 1:05:56 AM
If she cook's - She's a chef.
If she drives the kids to school/soccer meets - she's a chauffer.
If she cleans - she's a maid.
If she sews - she's a seamstress.

I can't remember the rest, but there were more.

Yeah I definitely remember reading a -few- articles that hovered over that mentality. Titles like Psychiatrist and CEO both came up. I could just imagine seeing a SAHM trying to apply for a job at Enron as their CEO, and when they ask for her credentials, she can just tell them that she has been raising her 2-year old.

I do think that feminism has ruined a lot of things, such as the definition of "equal opportunity." Hiring a woman for the sake of meeting a quota is not equal opportunity. If the best people for the job just so happen to be men, then that's just the way it is. When push comes to shove, you're still running a business, and you want the most capable people working for you. And to sort of segue off of that, there is the idea of comparable wages for comparable work. So women wanting the same wages for the same work is fine, however, wanting the same wages for -different- work is not acceptable IMO. Yes "women's work" generally gets paid less than "men's work." However, women are free to work in the men's work jobs, and vise versa. If you want the pay...do the damn job.

I think there are a lot of problems with the whole issue of childbirth. Men have ZERO rights post conception, while women have the right to do anything up to and including terminating the pregnancy. If someone to come up to a pregnant woman and punch her in the stomach, they would probably face prison time. However, if she were to smoke, drink, or do drugs while pregnant, all anyone could do is shake their heads and look the other way. The perks of "My body, my choice," I suppose. Then of course, there's the whole child support issue.

I think society has pretty much made it politically incorrect just to -be- a male. We are expected to put ourselves in harms way in the event that a woman is being physically threatened. We are expected to be chivalrous (though that paradigm is shifting somewhat). It seems like the mass majority of the things we are supposed to do with ourselves is to appease women.

We are considered so worthless that the mutilation of our genitals is considered a form of comedy. If someone were to chop off a fvcking dog's penis, it the ASPCA would be right around the corner. But for a man, it's the punchline of a joke.

Random Google search -
Women's health - 794,000,000 hits
Men's health - 298,000,000 hits

I find it simply amazing how women make up the majority of the population, and yet the consider themselves "oppressed."
 R00T
Msg: 149
Feminism Your Views
Posted: 4/10/2012 1:55:34 AM
Social engineering. Ah yes it is by design. Feminism and gay rights is only the small picture. We are designed me to weak and dumped down. Flouride was used to make the Jew infertile and sick. Where do you think HItler got the idea? From the Americans. MSG another addictive to cause brain damage which makes distorts the mind. We only have 100 years of resources left. It is a known fact we are over populated. How do you think the government will control the population? Of course in China they murder children if the parents have one than one child especially if they are girls. Even the recession was designed to make us stressed out and forcing people out of them homes. It is all by design. You think you have rights and freedom? Even in Canada I can not protest without being assulted the police. The peaceful g20 summit in Toronto is a good example. Police sexually assaulted innocent female, threatened and more. People are under the illusion that we have more rights. Feminism maybe trying to fighting for fair treatment and rights but you are have already lost rights. Yes even use men don't have the rights that we used to. Have you noticed some countries banned porn sites? It is another design of social engineering. To break families apart.

Do your research. I don't blindly follow of believe anyone. If you open your eyes and look around you will see all the proof you want. It is some made up shit like Santa Claus or the Eastern bunny that I never believed in when I was a child. In the feminism will lose out, what you gain is quickly lost in other ways.

Enjoy while it last!
 motown_cowgirl
Msg: 150
Feminism Your Views
Posted: 4/10/2012 4:36:59 AM
^^^^ Gosh you are right. Everything is conspiracy. EVERYTHING. I guess we'll just throw up our hands and wait for the revolution to start.

There remains only one group which it is still legally permitted to discriminate against: white males.

In Canada it's legal to discriminate against white males?? In the U.S. we had what was called reverse-discrimination. But it wasn't really reverse discrimination as much as it was an attempt to fill govt-defined quotas for historically disadvantaged groups.

There's only one group where it is socially acceptable to bash, yep, the white male again. And "old white guys" have it the worst.

Then let them cry about it; their turn now. Bashing is UNIVERSAL human behavior. Throughout history. That's never going to change.

Perhaps women don't need all or some of the legal protections or discrimination that was put into place to bring about equality.

Can't speak for Canada. But on a related note, in the U.S. there has been some discussion of getting rid of Affirmative Action as "no longer useful at this point". And yet, hard to believe we are still having some really fundamental(ist) debates about abortion in the U.S. I thought Roe v. Wade was water under the bridge....

So were these measures put into place in order to get women to a place of equality or were they designed to punish for 1,000 years of perceived oppression?

It was obviously the former, although many people perceive it as the latter.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gawd I was waiting for someone to drag this specious argument out. The answer is simple. If you want a high salary, then don't go into child care and old age care. Nobody is going to keep up with the Joneses by being a babysitter. *DONE*.

If you want to go into politics, you have to be willing to swim in those waters. If you want to traverse the higher echelons of business, you have to be able to keep up with, if not surpass, all the other people who are already there. *DONE*. As for religion, they have their own rules to which they are entitled, and if you don't like the club rules, take your toys and go home, or go start your own religion. *DONE*.

* Women earning more than men in 30 per cent of households is still not 50 per cent.

So what? Were you suggesting that the playing field be artificially leveled just because you think your team doesn't have enough of the 50%??

More women than men head single-parent households and are financially responsible for them. More women than men lose out on retirement savings while they are in child-bearing years.

That's because women will always be mommies. If you didn't want to lose out on your retirement savings, then you shouldn't have gotten pregnant and taken 18 months off from your job.

* but discrimination is still real for millions of women around the world.

That's too bad but it's their battle to fight. I don't see white Episcopalians from Boston coming down to New Orleans to complain about institutionalized racism in the local police department. Al Sharpton writing angry manifestos about corporate executives getting unfair treatment?? Nope.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Feminism Your Views [under review]