Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > California  > What do women really want?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 matchlight
Msg: 26
view profile
History
What do women really want?Page 2 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
^^^^^That magic word "character," that my grandmother used to drill into me. I value it a lot in women, and I wish I saw more of it. We all fall short now and then, and I don't want to deal with women (or men) who won't own up to it when they're out of line. I have seen some women who seemed to feel entitled to be rude and inconsiderate whenever they liked, but would then play the victim if anyone took issue with something they did. Not very attractive.

As to what women want, it obviously varies with the woman. But I think most want men they feel safe in relying on. I think that may be why women tend to be turned off by men who are forever trying to cater to them, to be what they think the woman wants, rather than just being their own man. I doubt that makes a woman feel sure a guy is strong or independent enough to trust much to him emotionally. And the same, I think, for men who don't propose or take an active part in things, who drag their feet and make the woman do most of what needs to be done--and then want to criticize her for it.

When women say "nice guy" in a bad way, I suspect they're usually talking about those sorts of weakness. I don't think they mean a man who's kind, but brave and forceful when need be, able to speak his mind and yet to admit his mistakes and compromise, and who is positive, fun, and laughs and has a generous spirit. That's just being a good guy in the sense of the sort of person everyone tends to like and respect.
 tallmanenters
Msg: 27
What do women really want?
Posted: 4/11/2012 11:36:24 PM
Any woman worth pursuing is foremost an individual. Leave all the cliches and tags thrown around on this forum for a regular bimbo at a bar.

A real GOOD woman that is a good material for long term relationship - you have to start from scratch with no assumptions. And ignore all the labels - nice guy, etc... they are all relative for an individual woman. No one made the rules.

For one you could be too nice, for the next one not nice enough. One likes flowers, another prefers watching a hockey game. One would think a museum and an intellectual discourse about Plato date is the best, another would prefer a good shag in a park right off the bat. One thinks calling her twice a day is too much, the next one can't get enough.

The answer - it all depends on the specific woman. You discover what makes each woman 'tick' during the 'get to know' phase. If you are luck and she doesn't 'discover' you first.
 Molly Maude
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 4/12/2012 12:50:36 AM
by Jove, I think you've got it!
 Gogetter56
Msg: 29
Posted: 4/12/2012 5:57:36 PM
Big DUH :-)

Messages this short can only be posted if you add some extra fluff :-)
 avacado queen
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 4/12/2012 8:06:46 PM
this forum went all over the place. I think men and women want the same thing , to love and be loved. the question is to what degree is each partner willing to give love..unconditionally. Our expectations and fears get in the way. Dont we need to trust our lovers, trust they wont cheat, have a hidden agenda, or have deep dark secrets? I want a partner that has the same goals in life, house, car, family, fun, road trips.. the regular desires. But we forget to ask about the everyday stuff, Id like someone who is clean, brushes their teeth and takes a bath, knows how to use the washign machine and someone who can cook. I dont want to have to be a purse, nurse, or maid. and I expect that vice versa, that you as a man wouldnt want that either.I think of the phrase equally yoked, althought statistics have shown recently the people are marrying down and not looking for the rich man, or the sugar momma, or the kalvin klein guy or victorias secret. Reality sets in at some point. life is easier supposedly in two..not sure if this is the correct way to meet someone, there seems to be alot of people on here who are searching, serial daters, some have reallly bad attitudes, lack of manners... but its our society and sex/looks/money sells on dating sites. I dont want someone who is going to fall in love with my looks, I want someone who is goign to fall in love with the inner me. Beauty is skin deep , but ugly is to the bone.
 Gogetter56
Msg: 31
Posted: 4/12/2012 8:27:43 PM
My BIG DUH was about tallman's post. It's like alot of the other threads on here. Do we really have that many people that don't have the slightest clue about cyber dating? What women really want? Yeah, the short real answer that so many have given is "ask her". BIG DUH. Why even start a thread like this? I waited to post in it until a side issue of interest popped up because the actual topic is - boring - unless you have someone to ask, which I fortunately do :-)
 jon2002us
Msg: 32
Posted: 4/14/2012 1:54:59 AM
notice that the vast majority of the females posting are cougars and talking about women want love.
It goes like this...
Young women (18-25) want the world. They want the perfect man. A man has to be yay tall-preferably 6'-6'5", well endowed,muscular, bad-boy type. Let's not forget the materialistic things that go into it as well--cars, house, income, etc. As they get older, and the bad boy replaces them with a younger woman, they start adjust their standards. Women will swear it's not true, but the statistics speak for themselves. As they get up there in age (27-30+), with one or more kids, then that's when they start wanting the "good guy".

The best thing for a man to not worry about what a woman wants and needs. Be yourself, concentrate on your career, bank account, and you'll be fine. More money you make the more women you'll have. And by then...you probably wouldn't want to settle down with just one. Why settle down with one when you can have a dozen in different area codes? They're the ones desperate for marriage and a good relationship. They're the ones with the "biological clock"...not us (men). You're only young once; life's too short to be worrying about what a woman want. Better go out and have fun. Talk to as many women as you can. More women you talk to the more options you'll have. And there's an ole saying. What a woman wants isn't necessarily what they're attracted to. I'm speaking from experience.
 Wonder5750
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 4/14/2012 9:01:27 AM
Young people want fun.
Past about 25 they are looking for percieved stability
Past about 35 they are looking for real stability
Past about 45 they seek a partner/friend/someone that is on the same wavelength
Past about 55 they want fun

"they" say we have 3 great loves in our lives.

The first one is someone to play and have fun
The second one is for the family life
The third one is our spiritual partner

There are those few that find those loves in the same person, but from what I can tell its very rare.

On another note, I still don't see how anyone that isn't independent can enter a relationship with enough to offer the other one. If you aren't true to yourself, you will seek what you are lacking in another. Building your world together is awesome, if both people bring tools :)
 RichenLosAngeles
Msg: 34
Posted: 4/14/2012 10:40:28 AM
^^^^^^
My tools are getting rusty, from lack of use.
I need to find a woman with a big can of WD-40:)
R
 Wonder5750
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 4/14/2012 11:37:01 AM

My tools are getting rusty, from lack of use.
I need to find a woman with a big can of WD-40:)
R

lol :)
 lilmshorsiegirl
Msg: 36
Posted: 4/14/2012 12:42:14 PM
Its not about what women want its about what the woman your with wants
 nina92504
Msg: 37
Posted: 4/18/2012 9:09:42 PM
I don't know what all women want. I do know I would love to meet a man who has a sense of humor. Who isn't out just to have sex. Someone who has a job and can take of his own basic needs.
I don't think thats asking for too much.
 calitexan99
Msg: 38
Posted: 4/18/2012 10:34:49 PM
if I see "man with a good heart" one more time, I'll probably vomit.
 Wonder5750
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 4/19/2012 9:08:19 AM
Yeah thats it.. I want a man with a good heart, oh and liver, lungs, kidneys... stuff like that :)
 RichenLosAngeles
Msg: 40
Posted: 4/19/2012 10:42:57 AM
^^^^^^
Gee, she used to be so sweet.
Then she joined the forums,,,
R
 Gogetter56
Msg: 41
Posted: 4/19/2012 7:44:09 PM
For a while it was Brad Pitt. I don't know what they really really really want nowadaze :-)
 Gogetter56
Msg: 42
Posted: 4/20/2012 10:08:33 PM
Really? What kind of work has he done lately? lol
 slcisn
Msg: 43
Posted: 4/30/2012 9:54:59 PM
You cannot sum that up, every woman has their own likes and dis likes. Just be yourself if that’s not good enough move on fast. Don’t try and figure this entire out in your mind. Love isn’t something you can just put into a phrase and it will all work out. Love is Love you know that starts with attraction to each other than grows from there. Good luck to you.
 superwoman02
Msg: 44
Posted: 5/12/2012 11:21:10 PM
Honest answer is ......
It depends on the woman and what emotion is domintating at the moment you ask. When I say "nice or good guy" I am talking about someone who is respectful and has manners. I like old school where a guy opens the door for me and treats you like a woman and lady. Now days it is hard to find a guy who knows how to show a woman he is interested in her not just sex or her body. Just like they say men want a lady in the streets and a freak in the sheets, the same goes for most women I know. I want a gentleman in the streets and a take charge man in the sheets. I am sure some women would agree:)
 Cobra977horsepower
Msg: 45
Posted: 5/18/2012 1:28:19 AM
What women really want, at least here in So. Cal., is money!...money and status symbols.

Guys, you need to quit racking your brains out trying to figure out why women dont like you. If you have no money or dont hold a position of prestige in society, then they really dont care to know you.
You can be the nice guy all you want, but they are'nt going for that. They want money and materialistic things....and some of it, rightly so.

I've met so many that are drowning in their own vanity, its rediculous.
 emi909
Msg: 46
Posted: 5/18/2012 6:52:30 AM
I want a man who is happy with himself and in life. For some odd reason that is hard to come by. It is as if so many people have a chip on their shoulder and either want someone voice their complaints to 24 hours a day. I am looking for someone to be happy with and not miserable with. Carrying on a conversation with a person for five minutes will attest to how they view the world and their position in it.

My answer to the question is a person who is happy. A person who is not a "wanter" but a "go getter" and a "doer". Lastly a man who realizes that he is past the age of partying and smoking weed.....as we did in high school :)
 _fishing
Msg: 47
Posted: 5/18/2012 4:39:40 PM
I would think, women are more inclined, find a man to settle down raise a family. Though in this day and age its not like this - career work to put something there to make the family. Men tend to be driven by the quest, whatever they set they sights on... And only slow down a little a bit when family enter the equation and some move on once that has been achieved.
I guess I'm trying to elude that "Men saw their seeds and..." hmm its a tricky topic this one, but I was trying to answer from my prospective.
 Delia1025
Msg: 48
Posted: 5/20/2012 2:30:59 AM
I can't speak for all women but for me, I want someone who will treat me like I matter to them and not just a play thing to keep them occupied while they find the next best thing. I also want a man that is actually honest when they say they are. I've had one too many come my way saying they are honest and want an honest woman but all along they are lying to you!

You have to remember, communication is the key to all relationships so if you can't ask what they want, you are doomed from the start.
 Delia1025
Msg: 49
Posted: 5/20/2012 2:33:19 AM
Yes Superwoman02, I completely agree! :-)
 Wonder5750
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 5/20/2012 9:12:30 AM
right now I want someone to fix the irrigation pipe I accidently broke trying to fix my sprinkler, oh and to finish pounding in the t posts for the cross fence,... oh and could you string some wire too.. that would be great :) Tell ya what.. I will make BLTs for lunch... deal? lol
Show ALL Forums  > California  > What do women really want?