Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > California  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Rabbitman49
Msg: 102
What do women really want?Page 4 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Re: #136
women look for a good guy that will be open and honest with us trustworthy so to speak we want to know that our man will be there for us when we need them the most. A "good guy" is loyal treats his woman with respect and accepts her for who she is.
My experience says that this is exactly the opposite of the truth. Women say this but really go for the bad boy criminal with more tattoos than bare skin who will cheat and screw them over every way they can. If your statement were true, then I should have a dating waiting list, but I'm lucky if I get one date a year from this place.
 Green_Jello44
Msg: 105
view profile
History
What do women really want?
Posted: 10/29/2012 9:43:46 AM
After dating all year, all I can conclude is women want a free dinner, entertainment and to give zero in return before they find the next better looking guy......its a gravy train.
 Rabbitman49
Msg: 108
Posted: 11/10/2012 2:57:30 PM
Agreed: Women don't know what they want. They say one thing but their actions say another. I've seen that consistently.
 Wonder5750
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Posted: 11/10/2012 4:15:06 PM
lol... and why are you guys here?
 MotoGPatrick
Msg: 110
Posted: 11/12/2012 9:38:14 AM

lol... and why are you guys here?

Me... Mostly entertainment value..
 Jennywillwin
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 11/12/2012 1:26:34 PM
What do I consider a good guy? There are a lot of good guys out there. Does it mean any of them are right for me? No.

For instance, you could be a great guy but you're an atheist or New Age or ???. If that great guy does not have a Christian belief then I wouldn't want to pursue a relationship with him. Friends are fine but he can't be anything more.

By the way, it's disappointing to see how many men do not represent themselves genuinely on here. An example would be to not post "Christian" when they later claim to be Christian while we're chatting. An excuse I have heard more than once is that "it is nobody's business". How many men have I thought they were something else based on misinformation? The other point to make is that if you deny your faith, I probably do not want to know you.

The bottom line is to volunteer the information on your profile. No one wants to waste time or pass someone by because their profile was so limited.
 James44P
Msg: 114
Posted: 11/13/2012 11:35:35 PM

Women want a man with personality and swagger. CONFIDENCE! It all comes down to confidence. It doesn't matter if he's a good guy, a bad guy, an indifferent guy, what have you. If he has confidence he'll be okay with the ladies.
Personally, I LIKE big personalities. I think because (while it may not look it) I am introverted I need a yang to my yin. If a guy I'm doesn't display confidence, we're not going to go very far. Too often, I've really liked guys and they have to go and ruin it by not challenging me, by expressing an opinion and then after hearing mine, change theirs to mine. That's not confidence.

I also want someone who will accept me for who I am, just as I am accepting of them. I'm not pretty in the morning, I'm a **** before I've had a cup of coffee, and I have a short temper if I have to explain myself more than once. I want a man who's not going to be intimidated by my assertiveness and is not afraid of standing up to me.

Swagger? overrated. The problem with many women is that they take arrogance for confidence. Arrogant people usually are the most insecure people around. If you are confident you dont need to act the fool or make sure people know you are there.

And many woman that say they are assertive aren't assertive. They are high maintenance people that want their way all the time. I'm not spending my life with snooki meets Kim Kardashian. I dump them like yesterdays news.

I think you are right though when you say so many times some guys go for a sleazy hot girl when they have a good girl that loves them. Men cheat like never before and it's wrong. So often though woman keep taking these losers back because they think they can't live without them. We need to be secure in ourselves and not let people treat us like crap.

It takes two to tango and we teach people by how they treat us. I tell everyone I've dated; you cheat once it's over. I'm not going to worry about your guy friends or where you are but if you cheat, I'm done. No second chances.

I haven't been single for a long time and boy how things have changed. Many men are worse than ever and women seem to be trying to catch up to them.

There are lots of great women and some great guys though but you have to pick them. It's easy to blame the opposite sex all the time but no one put a gun to our heads and made us date anyone. If we pick the wrong person part of the problem is on us for picking them. And some for taking them back over and over.

It's easy to claim we are victims when in reality the answer often lies within.
 irish_smackie
Msg: 115
Posted: 11/14/2012 8:04:37 AM
I can't speak for anyone else, but as for me, I want a man I can trust to lead. Yes, I CAN lead (and as a single woman, I obviously do), but it would be nice to let someone else do it once in a while. I guess that's not very progressive of me. haha
 MotoGPatrick
Msg: 116
Posted: 11/14/2012 9:04:41 AM
Freud tried to figure this one out, threw up his hands and said **** it.. I agree.

Instead of trying to change myself to align with estrogenic mood swings and passing fads I have decided to be a bit like Cartman "I do what I want"... except I am not short, fat and annoying..
 LAgoodguy
Msg: 117
Posted: 11/14/2012 11:42:46 AM
Who knows what women really want... As for me I'm not even going to try and figure that one out.. It's more of what time of the month you talk to her. Never even heard of two women agree with each other 80% of the time.
 Rabbitman49
Msg: 118
Posted: 11/14/2012 4:37:28 PM
RE: ^ - Was her name Sybil?
 Rabbitman49
Msg: 119
Posted: 11/17/2012 5:13:39 PM
Not every man will run away if you tell them what you want, but they will if they catch you talking to the mirror, especially if it's the Evil Queen's mirror from Snow White.
 Wonder5750
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Posted: 11/18/2012 6:11:49 PM
Okay I don't want a cookie anymore, I want someone to help me move furniture. :) Hey.. you asked. lol
 jasontc1
Msg: 128
Posted: 11/21/2012 10:42:01 PM
I agree with you Steve good post.
 jasontc1
Msg: 129
Posted: 11/21/2012 10:44:57 PM

Women want a man with personality and swagger. CONFIDENCE! It all comes down to confidence. It doesn't matter if he's a good guy, a bad guy, an indifferent guy, what have you. If he has confidence he'll be okay with the ladies.
Personally, I LIKE big personalities. I think because (while it may not look it) I am introverted I need a yang to my yin. If a guy I'm doesn't display confidence, we're not going to go very far. Too often, I've really liked guys and they have to go and ruin it by not challenging me, by expressing an opinion and then after hearing mine, change theirs to mine. That's not confidence.

I also want someone who will accept me for who I am, just as I am accepting of them. I'm not pretty in the morning, I'm a **** before I've had a cup of coffee, and I have a short temper if I have to explain myself more than once. I want a man who's not going to be intimidated by my assertiveness and is not afraid of standing up to me.

Swagger? overrated. The problem with many women is that they take arrogance for confidence. Arrogant people usually are the most insecure people around. If you are confident you dont need to act the fool or make sure people know you are there.

And many woman that say they are assertive aren't assertive. They are high maintenance people that want their way all the time. I'm not spending my life with snooki meets Kim Kardashian. I dump them like yesterdays news.

It's easy to claim we are victims when in reality the answer often lies within.

Yep!
 Wonder5750
Msg: 132
view profile
History
Posted: 11/24/2012 1:56:59 PM
lol I read this and realize why so many aren't finding happiness in relationships. There is no ONE thing, for all people. Some women want to be dominated, some want to dominate. Some need help finacially, some don't. Its all about finding someone that fits YOU. There is no standard. I was worried when I stared this journey, because I want to live alone. I want my personal space, but I also wanted someone to love. Low and behold I found someone that wanted the same thing. Its not "normal", but it makes us happy. Will it last forever? I have no idea, but I am really enjoying life now. Forever is a fairytale.

But I do think you can love someone forever even if you can't be in a relationship with them anymore. Seems once you love someone, unless they really really mess up, you remember what drew you in the first place and kind of anchor to that and keep loving them. Doesn't mean you have to like everything about them.
 2FunCoco
Msg: 141
Posted: 11/26/2012 9:28:54 PM
It's easier to say what they do NOT want. then count that HALF of the time. then you will get what they want. see?
 slick3211
Msg: 142
view profile
History
Posted: 11/27/2012 12:37:11 AM

Nope ...Capricorn, unconditional love IS a myth.

unconditional love does EXIST.... it's called "immediate Family... like Parent to Child.... Blood Love... as the expression says: "Blood is thicker than water".... it does not matter what they do or say.... you will always LOVE them...
You probably never had kids then if you say so!

but on the other hand, YOU can STOP loving a wife or husband...cuz they were never our BLOOD...hence the expression : "Falling out of love"!
 MotoGPatrick
Msg: 144
Posted: 11/27/2012 5:11:28 AM
What most men need to do is take some time to answer this question

Answer it with who cares.. At least for a little while.

What do I want? What do I want to accomplish?

Answer those questions and fulfill them. Once you have done some work on yourself, your own confidence and your own happiness then concern yourself with what women want. Just don't dwell on it because your time taking care of your own needs will have helped with the parts of what women want that can actually be figured out.
 slick3211
Msg: 146
view profile
History
Posted: 11/27/2012 8:21:15 AM

it's your age, immaturity and emotions getting the best of you, acting out like a petulant child.

if Capricorn is a Petulant Child.........

one would expect a "MATURE" grown woman, to IGNORE and NOT engage in a debate with a "so to speak" PETULANT child..... doesn't it make you ONE also (child that is), as you are playing in the sand box with him!! Who's the child trying to win the war or the words here?
 Rabbitman49
Msg: 149
Posted: 11/29/2012 12:41:09 PM
I'm pretty certain that (self-)confidence is not the issue. I know plenty of people who "know what they're doing, even when they're wrong" and I have not seen it be a factor at all. However, "overconfidence" has been a factor - that drives people away.
 2FunCoco
Msg: 154
Posted: 11/30/2012 7:47:15 AM
Wow! These two got into a heated debate over it but I'd like to point out "Men would like to know generally what women want". We realize that it will vary from woman to woman. But we would all like to think that love will last forever. But love is an action and it takes some action to keep it just like a garden. So what action would it take to get a woman's love or wants?
 Wonder5750
Msg: 155
view profile
History
Posted: 11/30/2012 9:39:56 AM
^^^^^ I read these things and you ask what it would take. It seems to me that depends on the woman's past. If a woman was treated unkindly, simple kindness will do, if a woman feels she is never treated good enough, then there is about nothing you can do.

So I guess the "secret" is to get to know the person and find out if what they want is what you got. lol You can't force it, you can't fake it (well for very long anyway) so just be you and let them be them and see if the sparks fly or not. We really do make things way too hard sometimes.
 2FunCoco
Msg: 156
Posted: 11/30/2012 10:35:36 AM
[qoute] We really do make things way too hard sometimes.[/qoute]

You really do make things way too hard sometimes LOL. I agree.

[qoute]Women usually say the opposite of what they really want. So when they say they don't want a hookup, that means they do, when they say they don't like badboys, that's who they always end up with/are in reality attracted to. It's pretty silly actually.[/qoute]

I agree with you here. Bad boys seem to win over the good boys all the time. Just an observation.
Show ALL Forums  > California  >