Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > California  > What do women really want?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 OCRebellion
Msg: 126
What do women really want?Page 6 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Sorry, but unconditional love is a myth. All love and all commitment comes with conditions and expectations.
 CapricornAquarius
Msg: 127
What do women really want?
Posted: 11/21/2012 8:02:50 PM
Unconditional love is a myth? Hardly. You must have never been in a relationship outside of family if you truly believe that. It exists. I hope you find it just so you're proven wrong and stop perpetuating such a negative idea.

I honestly feel like I belong in a different era. Then again, maybe this generation needs me.
 jasontc1
Msg: 128
Posted: 11/21/2012 10:42:01 PM
I agree with you Steve good post.
 jasontc1
Msg: 129
Posted: 11/21/2012 10:44:57 PM

Women want a man with personality and swagger. CONFIDENCE! It all comes down to confidence. It doesn't matter if he's a good guy, a bad guy, an indifferent guy, what have you. If he has confidence he'll be okay with the ladies.
Personally, I LIKE big personalities. I think because (while it may not look it) I am introverted I need a yang to my yin. If a guy I'm doesn't display confidence, we're not going to go very far. Too often, I've really liked guys and they have to go and ruin it by not challenging me, by expressing an opinion and then after hearing mine, change theirs to mine. That's not confidence.

I also want someone who will accept me for who I am, just as I am accepting of them. I'm not pretty in the morning, I'm a **** before I've had a cup of coffee, and I have a short temper if I have to explain myself more than once. I want a man who's not going to be intimidated by my assertiveness and is not afraid of standing up to me.

Swagger? overrated. The problem with many women is that they take arrogance for confidence. Arrogant people usually are the most insecure people around. If you are confident you dont need to act the fool or make sure people know you are there.

And many woman that say they are assertive aren't assertive. They are high maintenance people that want their way all the time. I'm not spending my life with snooki meets Kim Kardashian. I dump them like yesterdays news.

It's easy to claim we are victims when in reality the answer often lies within.

Yep!
 OCRebellion
Msg: 130
Posted: 11/22/2012 4:59:37 AM
Nope ...Capricorn, unconditional love IS a myth. It's not a negative idea whatsoever and has been addressed by many relationship experts. If you choose to live in and see the world through rose colored glasses, that is your choice, however, don't lead yourself to believe that this generation needs you, because you grasp on to an idea that is unattainable. That's beyond narcissistic.
 TraveliciousGuy
Msg: 131
Posted: 11/22/2012 2:29:05 PM

Swagger? overrated. The problem with many women is that they take arrogance for confidence.

Agreed.
"Confidence" and "self-confidence" are among the most misunderstood of human traits.

Arrogant people usually are the most insecure people around.

Prime example: Bullies.
 Wonder5750
Msg: 132
view profile
History
Posted: 11/24/2012 1:56:59 PM
lol I read this and realize why so many aren't finding happiness in relationships. There is no ONE thing, for all people. Some women want to be dominated, some want to dominate. Some need help finacially, some don't. Its all about finding someone that fits YOU. There is no standard. I was worried when I stared this journey, because I want to live alone. I want my personal space, but I also wanted someone to love. Low and behold I found someone that wanted the same thing. Its not "normal", but it makes us happy. Will it last forever? I have no idea, but I am really enjoying life now. Forever is a fairytale.

But I do think you can love someone forever even if you can't be in a relationship with them anymore. Seems once you love someone, unless they really really mess up, you remember what drew you in the first place and kind of anchor to that and keep loving them. Doesn't mean you have to like everything about them.
 CapricornAquarius
Msg: 133
Posted: 11/25/2012 1:31:27 AM
To say that something like unconditional love doesn't exist must mean your life has been absent of it. Loving somebody like you would love your own child or mother, well that's unconditional. If you can find that in another who is not of you well then you've found Love. I love unconditionally, sure expectations are present but can they be brushed off to the side? Yes. That's what loving somebody is. The ability to accept somebody with their flaws and past your expectations of them IS TO LOVE UNCONDITIONALLY. If you can't grasp that idea well maybe you're not ready to love or ready for Love.

Now, if he cheats on your or beats you or etc., and you decide to stay and you mistakenly agree that loving him still is "unconditional love" perhaps you may need a moment to re-evaluate that decision and the mean of that kind of love.

If you can't love unconditionally well, it's simple, don't expect it.

As far as the rose colored lenses comment, I very much am a realist. This is something I have been grateful to experience and hold very dear. I only hope each one of us can find this at least once in our lifetime.
 OCRebellion
Msg: 134
Posted: 11/25/2012 11:36:04 PM
Capricorn...do not think because I state that unconditional love does not exist that my life has been void of real and meaningful love. That would be the same as me saying that due to the asinine things you've posted your brain is void of intelligence. Interestingly, you...perhaps without even realizing it, proved the point that unconditional love does not exist by the following quote from your post, "...sure expectations are present..." that, in and of itself, qualifies your love. Regardless of whether or not you brush something to the side, you have qualified your love based on your set of expectations. Unconditional by its definition is ...not limited by conditions; unqualified. It is an ideology that people believe in and strive to attain, which is why love for so many is hard, if not impossible to find in our non-maternal/paternal relationships. When you let go ...you open yourself up for real love, which is qualified, conditional ...but at the same time very deep and meaningful. In your post, you elude to having found unconditional love in your life. Did that person pass away? If not, then the love was conditional. There is a lot of research, articles, reports, blogs, etc. that support "unconditional love" is not attainable.

Edit...I had not previously looked at your profile until after this post. However, after doing so, things are so clear and I know exactly why you post and hold on to the ideology of "unconditional love"... ::sigh::
 CapricornAquarius
Msg: 135
Posted: 11/26/2012 4:37:02 PM
When you can love past your expectations, that's loving unconditionally. & your rude remarks do nothing to support your idea so what's YOUR problem?

Meaningful and real love isn't exactly UNCONDITIONAL so YOU ma'am are still void of it, as I stated before. I hope you find it soon cause you seem to be in dire need of it or SOMETHING. It will do your heart some good and maybe insulting people you don't know will happen less often.

Expectations can be had but even if you don't meet them they'll love you just the same, unconditionally.
 CapricornAquarius
Msg: 136
Posted: 11/26/2012 4:44:00 PM
Edit after reading my profile? Sighing? Save the Pity for yourself lady. Don't take my youth for granted. It's bitter people like you who spread their negativity because of your own awful experiences which perpetuates a defensive, tiring and disgusting idea about loving another. Love is deserved not granted. It is simple but in order to attain and maintain it your heart along with your mind and sound body has to be open to it.

Maybe you may have had too many expectations which didn't allow you to love unconditionally so in turn you have yet to receive it.
 CapricornAquarius
Msg: 137
Posted: 11/26/2012 4:51:34 PM
I think I'll just agree to disagree with you. Though I'll probably never understand your view on this matter it is exactly that, your view.
 OCRebellion
Msg: 138
Posted: 11/26/2012 8:25:58 PM
Capricorn…YOUR rude remarks don’t support your position, so what’s YOUR problem? As I stated before, it’s been written about by many distinguished and reputable individuals in life that unconditional love does not exist. If you believe differently, then knock yourself out. But understand, my different POV (supported by research and documented by experts) does not make my life void of love. You would like to think, at your limited age and life experience, that you know so much that you can think or judge someone wiser and more experienced in life’s offerings…but you are incapable in doing so. Something you fail to understand is that my life is not validated by the acceptance or not of the members of POF or any other online forum. My life is validated by the REAL people and experiences in REAL life, with absolutely no need on my part to share such experiences here to prove a point to most who I will never meet. You read negativity in my words and think I am bitter because you want me to be the villain, you want me to be void of love because that somehow gives you permission for me to be a target and, therefore, justifies your hypocritical behavior to launch your rude attacks upon me. You have much to learn in life…very much. I have experienced (given and received) love in ways that most could never imagine happening in their lifetimes and because of it have experiences, triumphs, sadness and memories that will forever live on even after my body ceases to inhabit this earth. Feel free to take and twist this to suit your agenda, but understand that it will never change the reality and truth of what has already been.
 CapricornAquarius
Msg: 139
Posted: 11/26/2012 8:52:52 PM
Have you researched the ways that unconditional love does actually exist? How many articles pop up then? Times have definitely changed and what WAS once the norm is now dying off so more have adopted your way of thinking and they JUST GIVE UP. Nobody sticks around anymore. Nobody fights to save a marriage. Divorce rates are at it's high. And I refuse to let that become my or the people around me's reality. Now if more people were on the same page as I, I really do wonder what'd you'd have to say about unconditional love then. Just because the majority says it doesn't exist doesn't mean that it actually doesn't exist.

And what are your sources? The Internet? Blogs? Come on. If I wanted to make something look more truthful than I'd do as much research SUPPRTING MY THEORY, write an essay or two about the matter just so people like you can say things like, "Hey, it's true. I read a few essays. Unconditonal Love is proven." My point is anything can became truth if you get enough people to believe it.

Luckily for you I don't need those you deem "intellectually superior" to tell me what I KNOW is very real.

Like I previously stated, agree to disagree.

I'll try my best not to respond to your next post.
 OCRebellion
Msg: 140
Posted: 11/26/2012 9:22:35 PM
See...you twist and twist and twist and continue with the rude attacks. Yes, I actually look at both sides of any situation. Unlike you, I can appreciate the full spectrum of any given topic and not be blinded by just one side and thereby twisting the other like you seem to take pleasure in doing. Please, by all means, tell me where in my POV that my thinking includes giving up and also please tell me exactly where I deemed anyone "intellectually superior" because I can't wait for another edition of ...Capricorn twists words to support her emotionally driven rant. What you know to be real is real for you - period end of story and I even said said to you...if that's what you believe knock yourself out. I love the statement from you, "luckily for you..." ...hahahaha. Really? You believe yourself to have relevance or effect as it pertains to me. My dear...the answer to that is no. BTW...you lost your positioning of "agree to disagree" when you went all emotional with the attacks, but keep believing in this twisted scenario you keep dreaming up, because it doesn't change the truth; it doesn't change reality and it has ZERO effect and influence on the reality of my life.
 2FunCoco
Msg: 141
Posted: 11/26/2012 9:28:54 PM
It's easier to say what they do NOT want. then count that HALF of the time. then you will get what they want. see?
 slick3211
Msg: 142
view profile
History
Posted: 11/27/2012 12:37:11 AM

Nope ...Capricorn, unconditional love IS a myth.

unconditional love does EXIST.... it's called "immediate Family... like Parent to Child.... Blood Love... as the expression says: "Blood is thicker than water".... it does not matter what they do or say.... you will always LOVE them...
You probably never had kids then if you say so!

but on the other hand, YOU can STOP loving a wife or husband...cuz they were never our BLOOD...hence the expression : "Falling out of love"!
 CapricornAquarius
Msg: 143
Posted: 11/27/2012 1:05:55 AM
I'm twisting things up? How? You may be feeling that way, you know defensive, because I MAKE SENSE and you have NO point to make against it.

Who is making you the " bad guy"? Geesh. We're having a simple debate. Leave the siding for those who are by standing on this debate. People will either see your point or mine, they can deem either you or I this " bad guy" role you speak of if their is such a title to be held in this situation!

Anywho, I like challenges. You challenged my point of view. I'm simply responding to it and being firm in what I believe and want from my man.

You opened the gates for insults and I have a sharp mind and the mouth to match when necessary. I could be much more vicious but like I said twice before,

Let's agree to disagree? No, we will agree to disagree.

To each his own.

Take care & happy fishing.
 MotoGPatrick
Msg: 144
Posted: 11/27/2012 5:11:28 AM
What most men need to do is take some time to answer this question

Answer it with who cares.. At least for a little while.

What do I want? What do I want to accomplish?

Answer those questions and fulfill them. Once you have done some work on yourself, your own confidence and your own happiness then concern yourself with what women want. Just don't dwell on it because your time taking care of your own needs will have helped with the parts of what women want that can actually be figured out.
 OCRebellion
Msg: 145
Posted: 11/27/2012 5:49:37 AM
Capricorn...if you make sense, it's only in your own mind. Yes, you HAVE twisted my words and misstated my position because you said things/quoted things that I never said and when I addresssed that with you, on more than one occasion, you fail to respond, which was expected. You'd rather sling mud - I get it; it's your age, immaturity and emotions getting the best of you, acting out like a petulant child.

Yes, to each their own. Good luck with your fishing...I think you'll need it.
 slick3211
Msg: 146
view profile
History
Posted: 11/27/2012 8:21:15 AM

it's your age, immaturity and emotions getting the best of you, acting out like a petulant child.

if Capricorn is a Petulant Child.........

one would expect a "MATURE" grown woman, to IGNORE and NOT engage in a debate with a "so to speak" PETULANT child..... doesn't it make you ONE also (child that is), as you are playing in the sand box with him!! Who's the child trying to win the war or the words here?
 OCRebellion
Msg: 147
Posted: 11/27/2012 8:47:40 PM
It's a "her" not 'him" and I said "acting like" not "is" ....and no it does not., but thanks for playing.
 CapricornAquarius
Msg: 148
Posted: 11/29/2012 2:44:50 AM
Even so, his point remains. Now that's the pot calling the kettle BLACK.

ZIIIIING!
 Rabbitman49
Msg: 149
Posted: 11/29/2012 12:41:09 PM
I'm pretty certain that (self-)confidence is not the issue. I know plenty of people who "know what they're doing, even when they're wrong" and I have not seen it be a factor at all. However, "overconfidence" has been a factor - that drives people away.
 OCRebellion
Msg: 150
Posted: 11/29/2012 7:48:38 PM
Capricorn...there is no point and no zing. Must be your "420 friendly" lifestyle talking.
Show ALL Forums  > California  > What do women really want?