Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 rockondon
Msg: 53
view profile
History
I hope all men don't believe this!Page 3 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
So you were talking to your ex about things you fought about and felt like ranting about it here. How constructive.

Maybe I should do the same - make a thread where I'm an angel and she's awful - should be really easy since it doesn't even have to be true, and then everyone can chime in saying how awful my ex is so I can feel better. Its fairly petty actually.

As for the subject matter, when I'm in a relationship I kinda like it when my SO tells me when guys are attractive - so long as she isn't panting like a dog or anything - because I like to know what's attractive to women. I'll even point out guys that I think she might think is cute for her to check out so I can get her opinion.
 ohenryx
Msg: 55
view profile
History
I hope all men don't believe this!
Posted: 5/13/2012 10:42:12 AM
Two people who are secure in themselves can have a lot of fun with this. Once upon a time I was involved with a woman … (You, the heckler in the back row! Shut up and sit down, it could happen!)

Now what was I saying? Oh, yeah, once upon a time I was involved with a woman. We were watching a Brad Pitt movie (DVD at home), and I asked her:

Me: Do you think he (Brad Pitt) is hot? I know many women do.
Her: No, not much. I’m really more into Johnny Depp.
Me: Oh, yeah? You think he’s hot?
Her: Most definitely.
Me: So you get hot watching him?
Her: Yeah??? And exactly where are you going with this????

We wound up ditching the Brad Pitt DVD, and watching a Johnny Depp movie. And a very interesting time was had by all.
 Fleuron
Msg: 56
Posted: 5/13/2012 10:50:41 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Omg....you don't know women at all!
 Confuzzled4ever
Msg: 57
Posted: 5/13/2012 11:13:12 AM
LMAO LMAO LMAO!!

I'd start pointing at every man saying he's cute. lol If he's gonna accuse you of being disrespectful might as well make it so. lol I don't know any man who thinks that way. lol..

PS.. Vin Diesel!! isn't cute.. HE'S HOT HOT HOT!!
 forums1
Msg: 58
Posted: 5/13/2012 11:21:29 AM
Your ex is horrendously insecure, and you are right.

Nothing wrong with it from either side, if one thinks its a personal insult of some kind then its their own insecurities - I might add in there unless the other person is 'using it' to say/insinuate "I wish *you* looked like that" (ie, a "put down").
 WD1094
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 5/13/2012 12:59:23 PM
1) It is disrespectful to comment on your attraction to other people.
2)You are both disrespectful to each other.
3) He seems to be more insecure about your attraction to him than you are to his attraction to you. So it's possible you do it more than he does and he has reached a boiling point where he has had enough of those comments or possibly looks you give other men. I'm incredibly handsome so I don't have that issue.:)
 deletedpost
Msg: 63
Posted: 5/14/2012 4:14:20 PM
Your ex has the issue.. sounds a little nuts.
Hes disrespecting you totally. Its a sign of abuse.
 celrian23
Msg: 67
Posted: 5/16/2012 10:00:45 AM
I think it depends on the situation. If your partner makes comments like this there should be no reason why he can't handle you making similar ones but it shouldn't be done in a hurtful way and I think as long as these comments are made mostly about celebrity types who are unreachable anyways there's no real harm (so long as its not the only thing a person talks about)

However if your partner is the type never to say these kinds of things in front of you and it seems it hurts them when you make such comments you should withhold such comments around them.

I generally don't talk about being attracted to other men around my bf's but I'm open minded and don't necessarily mind if he comments on someone elses attractiveness so long as it feels that our connection is secure.

J.
 Snagg
Msg: 70
Posted: 5/16/2012 10:39:54 AM
My opinion....

She is either a cheater or not a cheater. Nothing you say or get angry about will change that fact either way

Soooo.....

I actually am happy when the Girlfriend/wife/ significant other comments about how sexy some guy is...

Why? you ask?

Because if she looks, there is no way she can get angry when she catches me looking. Im a guy, Im gonna look when I see Anne Hathaway in a cat suit or Scarlet Johanssen in a spandex super hero outfit. I will likely look and growl, and I dont want to catch any hell for it. When she purrs because she sees Brad Pitt, im just gonna smile my secret smile.

Any man that thinks his anger will STOP his wife from cheating, is just silly.
Posted: 12/2/2012 4:06:17 AM
(op)

You simply shouldn't be with this guy, or anyone like this at all. But I think it's more accurate to say - it's not necessarily that you should be with a guy who doesn't mind you doing something that he does (equality), but you need a guy with whom you don't feel the need to do something that's not you just because he does it.
 freshstartbraveheart
Msg: 72
Posted: 12/2/2012 7:12:36 AM
No, not all men believe that. He's insecure and it's a double-standard. If he can talk about women he finds attractive, he shouldn't get all butt-hurt if you admit to finding another man attractive. Just be glad he's an ex. Having said that, while I think attraction to other people is normal, I don't think you need to talk about it (whether a man or woman) all the time to your partner. I think it's better for the relationship to compliment your mate instead. I think it would do more harm than good over time to hear about every single person your spouse/lover finds attractive. In my daily goings on, I can spot at least three men that I find attractive, at places I frequent just doing my business. I don't think it'd be helpful to a relationship - no matter how secure of a partner I had, if I admitted that to him on a daily basis. Just as I wouldn't want to hear about every hot cashier, coworker, acquaintance etc. my partner came across in his day-to-day.
 Zuglo65
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 12/5/2012 5:21:28 AM
Wouldn't bother me at all.
Now if she starts rubbing herself, or cries out his name during sex..
But if she just get excited, and TA-DA..I am there to finish the job..That guy just did me a favor..LOL
 chelseajkt1
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 12/5/2012 11:51:58 PM
I would've told him to take a flying leap.
 monkeydude1121
Msg: 75
Posted: 12/7/2012 10:43:06 PM
It depends. She said he'd look at pictures of women in the magazines and talk about how they looked, but how did she react?

Also, "cute" is more commonly used in a more flirtatious way when you're talking about adults being cute. There's usually a side thought of "i want to get that person in bed"
 VolcanoKing
Msg: 76
Posted: 12/7/2012 11:06:11 PM
Your ex is a moron.
 LiterateHiker
Msg: 77
Posted: 12/7/2012 11:32:32 PM
This is a control issue. Your ex was trying to control and dominate you. I'm glad you're no longer with him.
 spaceman201
Msg: 78
Posted: 12/8/2012 6:16:58 AM
there's a talk show in this somewhere!
 Zamboni_Operator
Msg: 79
Posted: 12/10/2012 3:27:09 AM
Then he goes on to say that there are certain things that men can do that women just can't do

I'd actually say it's more the other way around, that there are certain things that women can do that men just can't do! A good example is a woman in the middle of a crowded street slapping a man on the face. It's "OK because it's a woman". But turn it around - a man strikes a woman in the face - passers-by will come to her rescue, the police will be called, & assault charges laid against the man!

Now, I'm not condoning either of these scenarios - I don't think men OR women should be slapping each other, or anyone. Period. I'm just pointing out how we still have double standards, that excuse unnecessary violence on the part of the WOMAN!
 Confuzzled4ever
Msg: 80
Posted: 12/10/2012 6:19:10 AM
Also.. women can multi-task more effectively..

LOL.
 Fleuron
Msg: 81
Posted: 12/10/2012 11:04:37 AM

I had a problem pointing out nice looking women to an ex. She would ask me...is that really what you want? Cause if it is...I'll go and try to get her for a three-way!)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

…then you woke up.

Then he goes on to say that there are certain things that men can do that women just can't do….

Yeah, like tell a boyfriend you think some other guy is hot.
Omg…. you’ll never hear the friggin end of it.

Also.. women can multi-task more effectively…

Like thinking about other guys while rolling around in bed with him?

(Sorry….I couldn’t resist.)

Confuzzled4ever
Msg: 82
Posted: 12/10/2012 11:53:07 PM
heh heh...

I have such a different view from other women..

I just have to keep my mouth shut on this one..

Anne get your guns..
"Anything you can do I can do better.. I can do anything better then you!"
YES I CAN!
 KER6969
Msg: 83
there are certain things that men can do that women just can't do
Posted: 12/19/2012 10:48:13 AM
Obviously your ex is very insecure. Any man who would fly off the handle just because a woman made a comment about a celeb is ridiculous and very immature. It's not like you were going to meet the guy anytime soon. Him saying that men can make compliments about women but women can't make comments about men is so arrogant and hypocritical. Good thing he's your ex!
 hplazerjet
Msg: 84
there are certain things that men can do that women just can't do
Posted: 12/19/2012 11:56:08 PM
I would never compliment another woman in front of my woman, and I wouldn't expect my lady to
ogle other guys.
Common sense would seem to dictate that when you're in a relationship you want to build the other person up
and not give them reasons for insecurity.
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 12/20/2012 1:58:11 AM
Oh good LORD..
I used to point to women that were rockin tight shirts/skirts to my ex.

He would say "Oh no what would I do with all those breatusis? Smother?

He would point to body builders or such and I would say "but I bet he has no rocks"..We laughed about it.

Unless you/he are doing it to be an azz/make the other feel inferior..who cares?

I'd point a hot guy out to my late wife and she would point a hot girl out to me. It's simple and most sucseful LTRs have this rule. "You can look, but not touch".

^^^^^^^^^^
 Confuzzled4ever
Msg: 86
Posted: 12/20/2012 8:19:19 PM
~~~~
I used to point to women that were rockin tight shirts/skirts to my ex.
~~~~

heh hehe..

He or I pick them out then I go out on the dance floor with them..

Neither one of us touch..

No harm no foul.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >