Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Imported_labor
Msg: 89
George Zimmerman (watchguard) is in FBI custody!Page 3 of 31    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31)

Depends on what you bought.

A couple of deadly weapons could do, like a bag of Skittles and a small bottle of juice.
 OutofControlMan
Msg: 90
George Zimmerman (watchguard) is in FBI custody!
Posted: 4/15/2012 11:38:13 AM

Wow, a stranger shoots an unarmed teen, and you think the worst thing is that the parents didn't know where he was? Teens go out, sometimes they come home late, after their parents have gone to bed. I mean come on, he wasn't a child.
What I find sad, really sad, are nasty, mean spritied people who would try to shift blame to the parents, than to put it on the Travis Bickle impersonator.
I agree very strongly. Wow. A teenager deserves to die because he is out late at night? And his parents deserve to take the blame for the child's death because the teenager is out late and they don't know where he is? You don't shoot kids down because they are out late. Zimmerman is a murderer.

it appears that what 'single' (or is it platofish?) was trying to say in his little racist 'code' is: black people can't be good parents, or are not good parents ..like his (white) parents obviously were ? I get tired of the crap spewing forth!
 vlad dracul
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2012 12:12:18 PM
msg 134

if your tired of reading ahem 'coded' messages then why read them and reply?

seems to me someone has a chip on their shoulder because folk disagree
with whats being spouted by certain individuals.

and if you think my posts are pish you can call me kettle if you like pot

ooooo and that expression has black in there as well does it not?

must be sly coded racism eh?
 OutofControlMan
Msg: 94
Posted: 4/15/2012 12:35:20 PM
it was my impression that Forums are to air different views. discussion, debate, etc. if we must all have the same view it would be rather boring, no?
 vlad dracul
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2012 12:57:32 PM
mysteria

well put.

crying racism at someone with a different view is to be viewed the
same as the 'commie' word thrown at liberals willy nilly.

the states are wracked with racism by ALL sides.

i could mention intolerant liberal nazis constantly but i only
do so to show how meaningless these pc insults are directed at
folk who disagree with liberalism and its destructive side.

black folk get used by liberals to further an agenda thats mainly to
massage the holier than thou self righteous liberal dogma.

all poiticians use race when it suits them. again i say the laddies folks
and your president should be trying to defuse the racial agitators before
lots and lots of folk of all races get hurt.
 matchlight
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2012 2:26:10 PM

Rememeber when Jeb Bush was governor and rigged the voters list so his brother would win the 2000 election?

No, I do not remember that--nor did it ever happen. In Bush v. Gore, the Supreme Court prevented leftists on the Florida Supreme Court from throwing a presidential election. The very strong dissenting opinion by the Chief Justice of that state court no doubt carried a lot of weight with the majority of the U.S. Supreme Court.

If Obama wants to be re-elected, he will do whatever it takes to mobilize his base.

This man is a leftist radical who is dedicated to a political system that is the opposite of the one this country was designed to have. He holds the Constitution he is sworn to uphold in contempt, more so than any president in American history. His administration has made lawlessness and disregard for individual liberties a regular habit, and it is un-American right to the core.

It is disgusting to see Mr. Obama shamelessly exploiting a teenager's killing by trotting out his Cabinet to pay homage to a thoroughly corrupt, race-baiting cur like Al Sharpton. A president with any sense of responsibility to justice would have left this whole business to the state of Florida, rather than whipping up racial animosity for his political benefit.
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2012 4:12:46 PM
Anything to obfuscate, distract, and ignore the issue of the gun culture, and laws like the Stand Your Ground/Dirty Harry defense by the NRA lobbyists. These laws are breeding a culture of justifiable violence in a historically extremely divisive, and racially and religiously and politically charged environment not seen in the lifetimes of most of us. Attack the symptoms and victims rather than the cause.
 Imported_labor
Msg: 100
Posted: 4/15/2012 4:32:42 PM

Trayvon was an angry big mouthed racist bully who bragged about getting up in dumb azz old white folks faces & terrorizing them.

I am sure you must have some evidence of that. Do you mind sharing it?

The neighborhood where he was visiting was dangerous.

Do you have any data to support your assertion, or are you referring to the fact that a crazed cop-wannabe was lurking around in search of a victim?

If Trayvon's mother was a good parent, she would have grounded her delinquent for getting suspended from school for drugs and posting pictures of himself making gang signs on the internet.

Wow! Making signs on the internet!

Take a look at this bunch of gangsters making all kind of signs on the Internet:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/24/white-people-gang-signs_n_813139.html#s228794&title=HTML5_gang_sign

That claim about the signs and the one that he had a racist page in Facebook, match very closely the disgraceful rant by Geraldo Rivera blaming Trayvon for wearing a hoodie.

People should be reminded of what they used to say to defend flooding the country with guns: guns don't kill people, killers do. Likewise, a hand sign, a Facebook page, or even a hoodie, don't hold up a convenience store, robbers do that. May I suggest that the facts in this case don't show that Trayvon was a criminal, whereas there is clear evidence that Zimmerman is a killer.
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2012 4:45:06 PM
Sorry..my bad. The Judge, Jury and Executioners laws passed now, would have absolved me of the execution of a hundred tresspassers, the guy that beat my mom, and the meth-head who stole $1500 tried to steal another $1500 and then threaten me with a knife when I tried to get my fair share, and had a loaded gun hidden behind my back, in front of two witnessess who were arbitrating an end to this minor but frequent drama in the world... The restraints of previous, effective, and accepted laws worked well for a couple of centuries. The new liability release laws for justifiable homicide, open those old laws wide open. Thanks to all the gods, I became a relative pacifist after killing a bunch of innocent folks in Vietnam and gave it up for many Lents thereafter. If I felt empowered to kill my evil step-dad, I could have changed the future for so many other innocent victims.

That power, to be judge, jury and executioner, based on fear, arbitrary judgements of threat, and personal issues, opens a pandora's box of murder. It is easy to talk about killing, the aftermath of the soul and heart of what it means to kill. I have only two significant regrets in life. The man I should have killed, saving grief from mom and others decades later, and the innocent people I did and continue to kill upon orders as a kid. My bombs are still blowing up as people garden and salvage metals, and my people who suffer from the legacy of the former, still struggle. Passions drive people. The concept of courts are meant to temper those passions...keep us in check from our animal instincts, follow rules of engagement, try to diffuse first, and kill last. The disspassionate nature of the actual act of killing is the most disconcerting aspect of these discussions.
 part deux
Msg: 105
Posted: 4/15/2012 5:14:37 PM
Wow Drestin, you are obviously a psychic, since you 'know' Zimmerman is innocent, furthermore, you seem to know how Trayvon's parents raised him.
Do you charge 4.99 a minute?
 red_fir
Msg: 106
Posted: 4/15/2012 5:31:16 PM
Anything to obfuscate, distract, and ignore the issue of the gun culture, and laws like the Stand Your Ground/Dirty Harry defense by the NRA lobbyists. These laws are breeding a culture of justifiable violence in a historically extremely divisive, and racially and religiously and politically charged environment not seen in the lifetimes of most of us. Attack the symptoms and victims rather than the cause.

I am consistently amazed at the duplicity required to base your whole persona on defense of the (weaker?) sex and women's rights, and then blithely attempt to eliminate the one means of defense that renders them on par with the most brutal thug.

As truisms go one of the surest is that a well trained small man will probably get beaten by a well trained large man, even more so an untrained innocent against a larger assailant.
But with 40 minutes training with an effective caliber, and a thousand rounds of practice, your scrawny fifteen year old daughter can hold her own against a charging grizzly bear let alone anything less. That doesn't say she's going to win, it means she's got a fifty/fifty chance.

Talk about empowerment!

All of a sudden, out of nowhere.....true equality!
Plus it renders her opinions about HER future effective, because the manipulative realize she can join forces with their foes.
Even better its TRUE equality because there are enough laws and concern (and rightly so) about the use of deadly force that her actions will be under review as well as her assailants.

But wait! its an equal opportunity empowerment, its just as effective for Hispanics, Negros, Asians, the elderly, angry young men, WASPs, Jews, women of all shapes and sizes, hell, even you and me.

Imagine it, all these people could stand up for themselves, join with like minded individuals for group defense, and they wouldn't need a bunch of manipulative left wing schemers to tell them they were downtrodden and needed to be "defended" at an ever increasing cost, with ever poorer returns.

(Imagine this......they would once again be....SOVEREIGN CITIZENS ! ......not property to be manipulated, coerced, and herded!)

No wonder liberals hate real empowerment, all of a sudden instead of being delusional white caped crusaders, they're once again cast in the sweet light of sanity to be meddlesome busybodies, and amazingly......they fit that shadow exactly.

And hopefully, IF a law has been violated a jury of Mr. Zimmerman (and Mr. Martin's) peers will see their way to justice.
 part deux
Msg: 107
Posted: 4/15/2012 5:39:57 PM
You know, if Zimmerman's parents had done a better job raising him, he may not have spent his days prowling the streets with a gun, looking for people to shoot. But I guess you don't question how white people raise their children, do you Drestin?
At least Trayvon's parents taught him to not walk around with a gun.
Anyone who thinks a black man in a hoodie with a bag of skittles and an arizona iced tea is a bigger threat than a stalker with a gun should take a long look at themselves.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 108
Posted: 4/15/2012 5:44:40 PM

With no witnesses stating that Zimmerman defied the dispatcher’s wishes and continued following Martin and no evidence to suggest he did, how did the idea that he pursued Martin after the dispatcher told him not to become a universally recognized, undisputed fact?

I'm thinking him standing over the body of the boy with a gun would indicate that he defied the dispatcher. But hey, that's just kind of common sense.
 matchlight
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2012 8:06:26 PM
It will be up to Zimmerman to prove that Trayvon was a continued threat.

I think you're missing something. If there is a criminal trial, it will be up to the state to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Zimmerman is guilty of whatever crime he's finally charged with. From what I heard Professor Dershowitz say, the prosecution's evidence is hardly even enough to create the probable cause needed to arrest Zimmerman, let alone charge him with second-degree murder.

It's unethical of a prosecutor to intentionally overcharge to coerce a defendant into pleading guilty to a lesser charge. The duty of the prosecution, even if it's not always strictly observed, is not to get a conviction. It is to achieve justice. But now a lynch-mob mentality has developed, subtly encouraged by this president. And the Florida special prosecutor seems to be influenced by it.

Martin's parents could also file a civil suit against Zimmerman. In that case, the burden of proof would be a lot easier to meet.
 part deux
Msg: 113
Posted: 4/15/2012 8:45:54 PM
The police would never tell a civillian to engage with someone who was ' up to no good'. The police do not support vigilanteism. Your question is irrelevant.
Nobody is 'beating up' Zimmerman for not listening to the 911 operator, they are angry that he killed an unarmed teen.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 115
Posted: 4/15/2012 9:17:51 PM
There was no neighbourhood watch started in the area. It was just some loonie vigilante running around with a gun. The Neighbourhood Watch said right from the start that this guy had no affiliation with them.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 117
Posted: 4/15/2012 9:43:25 PM
I've joined the Neighbourhood Watch previously. There's a process that involves the local police. In order to set up a Neighbourhood Watch you coordinate with the police and the regional office, and the police send an officer out for an evening's training. None of that happened here. He wasn't associated with the Neighbourhood Watch.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2012 11:57:26 PM
at last someone talking some sense

WASHINGTON (AP) — Actor and comedian Bill Cosby says the debate over the killing of Trayvon Martin by a neighborhood watch volunteer should be focused on guns, not race.

In an interview on CNN's "State of the Union" aired Sunday, Cosby said calling George Zimmerman a racist doesn't solve anything. Cosby says the bigger question is what Zimmerman was doing with a gun, and who taught him how to behave with it

http://news.yahoo.com/cosby-trayvon-martin-case-guns-not-race-145023512.html
 matchlight
Msg: 121
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2012 9:14:10 AM

I wish liberals would take on the gun lobby, but they won't because they fear the money,

Luckily, our right to keep and bear arms does not depend on what "liberals" say or do. It is guaranteed by the Second Amendment. True liberals support that as well as the rest of the Constitution.

One group that needs to have guns is single black mothers. There are a lot of them, and they often live in bad neighborhoods and are responsible for children. I somehow doubt most of them are confident the police will respond in time if they are in danger. Who else is there to protect them against thugs? They are on their own--and yet the "liberals" who pretend to be so concerned about blacks would deny them the means to defend themselves and their families.
 russell5417
Msg: 123
Posted: 4/16/2012 12:35:21 PM
The type of people who think people like George Zimmerman is a nice guy and had every right to follow someone and provoke them and then shoot and kill them as soon as THEY "stand their ground", are NOT going to listen to logic. That shouldn't be what "stand your ground" is all about. If you instigate a situation and harass someone, and the person decides to "stand THEIR ground".............it doesn't mean that you can then "stand YOUR ground" and then kill them. LOL It shouldn't be a game of frigging ping pong.

Send the A$$*ole to state prison and let him see first hand what real hardened criminals are like.

I am not trying to disrespect Trayvon Martin, but I've seen "choir boys" that act worse than he ever did according to what little dirt that has been dug up on him so far. I am sure there are people still digging.

The bottom line here is that people like George Zimmerman should not have guns. He may have thought in his own delusional mind that he was doing some GREAT thing, big in reality he wasn't. He killed some kid walking home to his dads. What mistakes Trayvon has made in the most recent past has nothing to do with it.

And besides.........doesn't George Zimmerman have a few blemishes on his character too? LOL And he is supposed to be the adult.??
 OutofControlMan
Msg: 125
Posted: 4/16/2012 3:19:12 PM
^

His attorneys are saying it should not have any bearing on what occurred later that evening.

Trayvon has attorneys? had not realized that a dead person could retain attorneys
 Imported_labor
Msg: 126
Posted: 4/16/2012 4:31:59 PM
Supposely....there is video footage of Treyvon at the 7-11.

Oh, yes! "Supposely...(sic)" For a while I thought that you were a serious poster. I even asked you to share your evidence and data in order for the readers to assess the validity of the claims that you are making. I didn't want to jump to any conclusions about your posts, so I asked for the evidence. Your response was that I should search for the stuff that you are claiming to be the truth. Not a very good tactic to interact in these discussions, but I thought that you probably don't know much about sharing sources of information in order to give validity to a point that you are making.

So, I took the time to search for one of your "facts," and believe me, I don't say things like this without having some confidence in my assessment; however, I will have to agree with the poster that said that you are just talking "out of your azz."

Let's just look at the one claim that I searched. This is what you wrote:

Trayvon approached him, attacked him, punched him in the back of the head, broke his nose, .......

I asked for the evidence, and you replied:

There is lots of evidence to show Trayvon was not an innocent little kid, do some research.

So, I did some research, and look what I found:

Florida medical chief casts doubt on Zimmerman's 'broken nose' claim
Updated: Tuesday, 03 Apr 2012, 4:59 AM EDT
Published : Tuesday, 03 Apr 2012, 4:59 AM EDT

by NewsCore

SANFORD - A senior Florida physician has cast doubt on George Zimmerman's claim that he suffered a broken nose and a serious cut to the back of his head at the hands of Trayvon Martin, after viewing enhanced CCTV footage of Zimmerman in police custody shortly after his fatal encounter with the teen.

Vidor Friedman, the president of the Florida College of Emergency Physicians, said footage of Zimmerman's face didn't appear to show a broken nose, ABC News reported.

"All of the ridges in his nose are clearly defined," he said. "You would expect significant swelling in the hour or two after a break. There appears to be none. It doesn't look like his nose was broken or badly broken."

Neighborhood watch volunteer Zimmerman shot Martin dead Feb. 26 as the teen walked to a home-where he was staying with his father in a gated community in Sanford, outside Orlando. Martin was unarmed when he was killed by Zimmerman, who followed him on foot despite being told not to by a 911 dispatcher.

Zimmerman said he was attacked by the much smaller Martin and he shot him in self-defense. He has not been arrested or charged, despite increasing outrage throughout the community and across the US.

The footage observed by Friedman was recorded about 30 minutes after the confrontation and subsequent fatal shooting. It shows Zimmerman getting out of a police vehicle and then being led through a police station with his hands cuffed behind his back.

Of the claim that 28-year-old Zimmerman's head was bashed against a concrete surface as he and Martin, 17, scuffled, Friedman said, "If somebody had been beating his head against concrete I'd think we'd see more obvious scrapes."

He also said that a serious head injury would likely have been bandaged by paramedics. Zimmerman did receive medical treatment at the scene and his lawyer claimed later that he had suffered a broken nose.

Zimmerman said he was attacked by the much smaller Martin and he shot him in self-defense. He has not been arrested or charged, despite increasing outrage throughout the community and across the US.

The footage observed by Friedman was recorded about 30 minutes after the confrontation and subsequent fatal shooting. It shows Zimmerman getting out of a police vehicle and then being led through a police station with his hands cuffed behind his back.

Of the claim that 28-year-old Zimmerman's head was bashed against a concrete surface as he and Martin, 17, scuffled, Friedman said, "If somebody had been beating his head against concrete I'd think we'd see more obvious scrapes."

He also said that a serious head injury would likely have been bandaged by paramedics. Zimmerman did receive medical treatment at the scene and his lawyer claimed later that he had suffered a broken nose.

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/local/florida-medical-chief-casts-doubt-on-zimmerman's-'broken-nose'-claim-040312

Notice that I used a source that should be to your liking, not an extreme leftist liberal media source.

Let me ask you another question. Are your sources from secret Russian informants? Ja, ja, ja! I am just asking because your posts remind me a lot about another poster who used to be around here. Maybe she is still around, but I haven't seen her posting much lately.
 OutofControlMan
Msg: 127
Posted: 4/16/2012 5:17:54 PM

Zimmerman's father and brother have said he had his nose broken and feared for his life before taking out his licensed handgun and shooting Martin dead.

we all know of course that family members are never, ever biased in favor of their son or brother ?

any "OBJECTIVE" witnesses support these statements?

I saw a recorded interview of Zimmerman's brother and he was giving all kinds of details that he would have NO WAY of knowing independently , basically he was repeating what George must have told him verbatim, as if it MUST be "FACT" because George said it?

would this be the first time, after a person had killed another person & feared possible criminal charges, that they LIED to cover themselves? I'm thinking, no.

George Z. could do no wrong , according to his supporters, including his daddy. George of course had 'good reasons' to physically assault a police officer in 2005 (felony battery of a law enforcement officer) and to assault his fiancee in 2005..

his daddy the judge helped work out a diversion program so Georgie could still get a CCW permit and play Big bad Sheriff on the streets of Sanford, helped him feel important, not like a loser for living with mommy & daddy at age 28.

http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/11808013-george-zimmermans-criminal-records-revealed
"In 2005, Zimmerman was arrested and charged with "resisting officer with violence" and "battery of law enforcement officer." Both these felonies are considered third-degree. Due to his desperate attempts, the charges were reduced to "resisting officer without violence" and then the only remaining charge was also completely waived off when he entered an alcohol education program.

In the same year (2005), Zimmerman's ex-fiance, Veronica Zuazo, filed a civil motion for a restraining order, alleging domestic violence. In retaliation, Zimmerman filed for a retraining order against Zuazo and both these claims were resolved with both restraining orders granted."

records show Zimmerman 47 times, called 9-11 between 2004 & early 2012 ,for "litter on the street", "cars driving slowly on the street" and several times to report "black men walking on the street". (being black while on the street)
maybe he had little else to do? unemployed/wannabe-cop/watch guard? sounds obsessed like he probably needed psychiatric help, self-appointed protector of the area?

perhaps disappointed the police didn't do their job to his specs and blow away some black men walking on the street, he decided to take matters into his own hands?

how many people call 9-11 an average of 6 times per year? not I..Sanford /this gated community would be relatively 'safe' places I should think?

maybe his parents should have raised him better.
 OutofControlMan
Msg: 128
Posted: 4/16/2012 5:40:18 PM
http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/11808013-george-zimmermans-criminal-records-revealed
"In 2005, Zimmerman was arrested and charged with "resisting officer with violence" and "battery of law enforcement officer." Both these felonies are considered third-degree. Due to his desperate attempts, the charges were reduced to "resisting officer without violence" and then the only remaining charge was also completely waived off when he entered an alcohol education program.

In the same year (2005), Zimmerman's ex-fiance, Veronica Zuazo, filed a civil motion for a restraining order, alleging domestic violence. In retaliation, Zimmerman filed for a retraining order against Zuazo and both these claims were resolved with both restraining orders granted."

George Z. apparently was a drunk, had an alcohol addiction problems and was physically violent on more than one occasion, including battery on a police officer.

wonder how his father, even being white, couldn't have raised him better? made him stay at home without alcohol (or a gun) when he acted out, was bad?
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 129
Posted: 4/16/2012 5:46:45 PM
I still say never bring a fist to a gun fight.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >