Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 statemachine500
Msg: 131
George Zimmerman (watchguard) is in FBI custody!Page 4 of 31    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31)

Supposely....there is video footage of Treyvon at the 7-11, the night of the shooting, that shows he was in a "scuffle" with a patron/employee. His attorneys are saying it should not have any bearing on what occurred later that evening.

An "official" from one of the schools Treyvon attended said Treyvon had more than one "occurance" with a teacher & had a problem with authority figures. Again, Treyvon's attorneys do not think his past should be brought up because it has no bearing on what occurred that night.
Of course his behavior that night and recently is relevant,no way his aggressive behavior that same night will be ignored.Trayvon was no choir boy.Sometimes people look for a little trouble and end up getting a whole lot of trouble.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 132
George Zimmerman (watchguard) is in FBI custody!
Posted: 4/16/2012 6:18:35 PM
I love the "Stand your ground law"...it brings memories of John Wayne and the old west to mind....real shoot em ups....

Zimmerman is on the phone with "real" police and ignores their direction....then ends up killing a young man....I guess shooting an unarmed boy is OK in Florida
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 134
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2012 6:43:51 PM
The sickest thing I see out of all this is the justifiable homicide aspect being defended the the Zimmerman defenders.

Demonize the dead, state your fear and use it as an undeniable defense. Ignoring the can of worms that these Stand Your Ground Laws, while focusing on justification of elimination of the victim, unarmed and responding in kind perhaps, to such aggression, suggests that we have become a nation of vigilantes, a nation where fear is justification for homicides, where mere color, faith, or political bent is sacred, sanctioned, and codified. This is hardly considered civil behavior in our belief system, much less the one we are trying to force upon the world at gunpoint. Cheney, the major arms dealer to the world recently stated that the entire world needs to hav handguns for democracy and population control.

Given these new ALEC/NRA laws, most of us can kill one another with impunity, should we meet at an internet cafe, argue like we do here, and get just a bit testy. Thanks ALEC/NRA for opeing the can of worms. The forums will now get far more interesting.

PS...it does not matter how many guns YOU own, but how you use them, how good of a shot you are,if you are capable of light sleep, how many neighbors you piss off, and then how many guns and ammo your enemies can appropriate from fake macho types who fail to do the 24/7 vigal to defend their hoarding. The posers are easy targets..specially the chickenhawks. It just takes one gun, to appropriate thousands of dollars of paranoia. Nice world.

A kid from a broken home, goes to a store to buy a drink for his soon to be step-brother, during a break from the game...and is now on trial for a simple walk, and act of kindness, and is murdered by a psychopath..and it is HIS fault...nice world...
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 136
Posted: 4/16/2012 7:33:40 PM
Following someone is not against the law

But when that person being followed is dead, by your gun, it is definitely enough to satisfy "premeditation"

*shrugs*
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 138
Posted: 4/16/2012 7:44:01 PM
So instead of demonizing him, your angelizing him which is equally as deceptive. I think we want to know the TRUTH. If you give his actual past, I don't necessarily think its good or bad, just what it pertains to the facts in the case.

We don't know the truth...what we do know is that a man who significantly out weighs a younger man-older boy...shots that man/boy killing him...and the man/boy is unarmed....we also know the shooter was on the phone with "real" police and ignored their specific instructions.

Frankly, Stand Your Ground is the new version of the old wild west...."Hey, he was gonna hit me so I shot him"...only the GOP could defend such lunacy.
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 139
Posted: 4/16/2012 7:52:46 PM
We all have the right to self preservation with realistic regards to the law.

Accept that: following/stalking or hunting someone and killing them is not self preservation, unless perhaps, you are without food, and plannnig on eating them?

*shrugs*

The spirit of that law seems one that involves defending your home, and your personal safety when aproached by those with obvious bad intent.

Either way; it's a mess.

Rentacops....
 russell5417
Msg: 143
Posted: 4/16/2012 11:41:42 PM
A few Zimmerman supporters are twisting this around into being some sort of bounty hunter chasing wanted criminal scenario.

The difference here is that there were no warrants out on the victim. The victim was a teenage boy armed with an ICE TEA and a bag of SKITTLES..

Making up lies to support your convictions doesn't make the victim worthy of death by a paranoid delusional wannabe . Judging the boys parents doesn't either. We all have human rights.

I could spin some tales on the stalker/murderer............"I think that I heard somewhere that someone said that they thought they heard someplace that George Zimmerman was caught on tape beating up his elderly grandmother two hours before the MURDER".

That sounds horrible..........and some gullible people may suck it up, but that doesn't make it true.

I have a feeling that if George (itmustsucktobehim) Zimmerman goes to prison, there will be plenty of people to demonstrate the difference between hardened criminal, and a teenager armed with a bag of Skittles.

Even if he doesn't go to prison, he has ruined his life, if he ever had one to begin with.

Trayvon Martin was taken by surprise, much like a deer during hunting season. Only right up until the very last moment of his life, he had no idea it was hunting season.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 144
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2012 11:56:11 PM
how long will it take for a trial to start? over here you can only
be on remand for a certain time on a full commital once you have been charged and
then a trial must take place.

oh and paul, uncontrolablebladder spouts about zimmermans dad being
white because it suits his agenda. the same folk who ignore obamas white half
all of a sudden only see zimmermans white half.

course if they only focussed on his hispanic side the hispanics would
fight back against them hence mentioning his white half ALL the time

this case has lost its way and its now fully fledged racial as far as i can see,
have a look at russia today online they try and give a more balanced view

america is wracked with race problems and you can blame only white
folk all you want but its just not true.

but hey? you lot are over the pond in the us of a (including the new
state of canada as they seem soooooooo upset all the time about
america)so what would non shermans know?

good morning and toodle pip from the old world

just found this on russia today
Attorney asks for new judge in Trayvon Martin murder case

­George Zimmerman’s attorney Mark O’Mara requested a new judge in the Trayvon Martin case on Monday. Judge Jessica Reckseidler, who is currently assigned to the case, revealed she may have a conflict of interest. Her husband is affiliated with lawyer Mark NeJame, who has been hired by CNN to provide analysis on the case. A Florida neighborhood watch volunteer, George Zimmerman is charged with second-degree murder after shooting unarmed African American teenager Trayvon Martin. The incident happened in a gated community in Sanford, Florida on February 26, but Zimmerman's arrest came nearly six weeks later. The delay sparked nationwide protests.
 red_fir
Msg: 146
Posted: 4/17/2012 9:07:54 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
And I thought conversations in this medium were mind numbing!........
 OutofControlMan
Msg: 147
Posted: 4/17/2012 9:39:41 AM

Bill Cosby needs to ask Tracy Martin why he left his delinquent son unsupervised.

maybe Bill Cosby should ask, why was the criminal (felony battery covicted) Zimmerman, a known alcohol abuser/drunk, and alcoholic, unemplyed, obsessed with black men, viewing them all as criminals, (see the 47 9-11 calls)who has rarely held a paying job in his 28 years, left to wander the streets?
 OutofControlMan
Msg: 148
Posted: 4/17/2012 9:49:33 AM
Zimmerman should have gone to jail previously for assaulting a police officer, virtually anyone whose daddy wasn't a judge would have under Florida law.

it would have been GOOD PARENTING on George's daddy's behalf to let sonny-by experience the results of his actions rather than coddle & protect him from consequences- that's how we got a 28 year old with the mind of a child

oh and paul, uncontrolablebladder spouts about zimmermans dad being
white because it suits his agenda. the same folk who ignore obamas white half
all of a sudden only see zimmermans white half.

no it's because posters say Teyvon's (black) paearents were terrible..they all are right? we all know all white parents are awesome, if not perfect. :)

bad parenting to coddle, protect kids from consequnces, that's how they never grow up, and never get a real paying job (only volunteer for Neighborhood Watch -after being rejected by police forces state-wide -still live at home with parents, get a gun and have fanstasies of being a Sheriff in the Wild West), and never get to learn limits/boundaries

single_forever a/k/a "platofish", raging about freedom to carry guns...wondering, do you pack a gat in Montreal? do you have a carry permit? (I very much doubt it given Canada's gun laws) how much weopanage do you carry daily? only one gun, or more? backups, , ankle gun, "Drop" guns?

so..are you breaking the law, or what ?
 OutofControlMan
Msg: 149
Posted: 4/17/2012 9:55:52 AM
wonder if George will be able to call 9-11 from his jail cell and report: "oh my god! there are black men walking about in here!" ?

men with darker skin seem to freak him out, probably he will meet a few, bigger ,tougher, & older than Trayvon Martin in the joint, plus they will be on equal ground, both not having a gun

see how bad-azz George, the defender of all good and right, is then? likely the puzzy will be in segregation or protective custody though

people quote neighbors of Zimmerman's backing his story- I wonder if that's valid? It's certainly not uncommon for people who know a neighbor, and lik eor accept them, who is LIKE THEM (pale, white) to back that person vs. a person of a different color whom they don't know well and have rarely, if ever, seen around the neighborhood (Martin was visitng his dad's fiancee I think?)
 russell5417
Msg: 150
Posted: 4/17/2012 10:26:00 AM
Single Forever.......I see that it is starting to come together for you, but your logic is still somewhat twisted.

You are right about the extremists jumping on this and crying for more gun control. And who do we have to thank for that?? George Zimmerman and the likes might as well be the poster bos crusading for more gun control, because if it weren't for delusional paranoid dysfunctional alcoholic spoiled brats like him, the extremists would a LOT less to argue their point with. I am all for RESPONSIBLE people having rights to own as many guns as they want. It's the IDIOTS who create the problems with guns.

And another can of worms that IDIOTS like Zimmerman has opened up would be the arguments about "racism in America". Like we do NOT see the race card pulled out often enough? It is the FOOLS like Zimmerman, that help keep that pot stirred up.

I'm not going to change my mind on the fact that Zimmerman should have minded his own business and listened to dispatch when they told him to back off. He should have stayed in his car. He should not have designated himself judge...jury.....or executioner.

Along with killing an innocent teenager, he has done a tremendous job of sh%t stirring on so many levels. What a frigging LOSER. LOL
 russell5417
Msg: 151
Posted: 4/17/2012 10:30:28 AM
msg 219..........George will have to join a Hispanic prison gang for protection against the big mean black guys. How ironic that George will most likely have to become a gang-banger.

George Zimmerman is a GOOD example of a BAD example of how to conduct ones adult life. LOL
 matchlight
Msg: 152
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2012 11:01:04 AM
Those who don't respect the Second Amendment have as usual exploited a tragic shooting, this time to fool people into fearing and detesting "stand-your-ground" laws. Florida's, at least, is reasonable and doesn't change traditional self-defense law nearly as much as the propagandists are claiming.

Zimmerman may well not go to jail at all. If the prosecution's case is as weak as I've heard from at least one expert who has seen it, there may not even be enough to try him. Neither traditional self-defense, "stand-your-ground" self-defense, or any other justification will even come into play if the prosecution can't first make its case. No matter how many people are sure he is not innocent, he may end up not guilty.

It looks like this state prosecutor has grossly overcharged to try to coerce Zimmerman into pleading to some lesser charge. That's unethical, and it may not work. But it plays to an outraged citizenry--egged on by Mr. Obama's grotesque racial politics--by making her look like she's going for the throat. Then, if nothing can be made to stick and Zimmerman gets little or no punishment, she can still look like she did her best to nail him. If she has political ambitions, her image won't have been tarnished.

In this country, people are not guilty of crimes unless they plead guilty to them, or are proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt by a jury. Otherwise they are legally innocent--and no amount of howling by a lynch mob can change that fact.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 153
Posted: 4/17/2012 11:42:32 AM
In this country, people are not guilty of crimes unless they plead guilty to them, or are proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt by a jury. Otherwise they are legally innocent--and no amount of howling by a lynch mob can change that fact.

So you say....Florida's grotesque and barbaric "Stand Your Ground Law" allows one person, with a gun, to be judge and jury...to convict another at the point of a loaded gun....and to carry out that sentence with the pull of a trigger....no other jury of peers need be present...."Stand Your Ground" is the legal right to lynch another.
 OutofControlMan
Msg: 155
Posted: 4/17/2012 12:20:19 PM

good thing, since it seems a majority here would like to posthumously "convict" Trayvon Martin of being a "bad person" ( maybe of having a baggie with marijuana residue in it) and give him the death penalty -perhaps exhume the body & re-lynch him..

the focus is more on the supposed/alleged 'mis-deeds of Trayvon -imagine the gall of walking on a public street at the ungodly hour of 7:30 p.m. -clearly a time when criminals are out to rob, pilfer, burglarize & plunder- than of the established criminal record of Zimmerman -battery on a police officer & assaulting a woman, plus his obsessive calling to 911 to report black men walking down the street and his "need" to follow any, equating 'black man' = 'criminal' in his seemingly sick mind
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 156
Posted: 4/17/2012 12:25:31 PM

Every state has it's own version of what is right and what is wrong.
How 'bout those Connecticut "Blue Laws" ? Still on the books since the mid-1600's ? Very progressive.

Now which one of those blue laws entitles me to pick up a gun and shoot another?

The thing about "Stand Your Ground" is that it anticipates people will use good judgement before pulling the trigger....yet, once one has pulled the trigger they have shown grevious bad judgement....in general, we train out police force not to use deadly force unless all other means have been exhausted...the key word would be TRAIN...Stand Your Ground has no diligent requirement....one feels threatened-shoot em up...it's the law Charle Bronson would be proud of-the vigilante law.
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 157
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2012 12:37:52 PM
We can count on Simple Forever to break the issues down to their precisely wrong and opposite of reality conclusions. Just take what is said, flip it over and then there lays the truth.

I have not heard of any hue and cry for gun control because of this case. I have however heard some much needed discussion about the extremist agenda of the NRA and ALEC who manufactured, promoted, and bought and paid for passage of radical laws like these that vastly expand justifiable homicide perameters. The extremists in this issue are the NRA/ALEC groups that empower delusional nutjobs. Many of the corporate sponsors of ALEC are pulling out, including Kraft, Pepsi and Coke, Wendys, McDonnals, and Bill and Melinda Gates to name a few. I've a feeling these corporations didn't know exactly how evil ALEC would become in pushing these right to murder laws. ALEC a well funded and coordinated manufacturer and distributor of egregious laws, finds itself now whining about a well-funded and coordinated attack on it's sponsors merely because people are letting these companies know the company they keep with ALEC.
http://dissentmagazine.org/atw.php?id=731

The Stand Your Ground laws are so broad, and so open to subjectivity, prejudices, and arbitrary and capricious interpretations by prosecutors and judges, that it makes it possible to err on the side of the killer more often than not. Judges son...no brainer. How about this one, where a woman is defending herself from imminent danger after being assaulted 10 minutes earlier, is in her own home, with a registered gun and carry permit, and nobody was injured or shot at. Hmmm..what would make this case so different than the one with the body on the ground? Guesses?
http://moorbey.wordpress.com/2012/04/15/marissa-alexander-stood-her-ground-no-one-was-injured-or-murdered-she-faces-25-years-in-prison/
 russell5417
Msg: 158
Posted: 4/17/2012 1:17:33 PM
msg 224.........your right, it is the media that throws in the racial element, BUT it is the MORONS and IDIOTS like George Zimmerman that give them and whoever else the opportunity to do so.

George Zimmerman most likely was doing the right thing in his scary delusional paranoid mind. I don't know if race was the main motive....... or he was just caught up in some sort of "hero mentality".

Who knows...........I surely don't know if Trayvon threw the first punch or not, but it is George who was following Trayvon, we know that because he dialed 911. It was George who was told to back off, not the other way around.

It shouldn't matter who threw the first punch if you want to get right down to it, it was George Zimmernumb who provided the opportunity for the first punch to be thrown.

This is clearly a no-brainer...........George's actions and George's actions alone, set up the sequence of events that resulted in this tragedy. It doesn't matter if Trayvon had gold teeth or green teeth. Doesn't matter if Trayvon liked to smoke weed or not. Or if he was expelled from school or not or his tweets. Those are all non-issues.

I would think that George Zimmerman should at least be convicted of manslaughter......I really don't know about the murder charge.......I really don't think that he set out to murder anyone. Trayvon's mom was right when she said this was an accident, but she had to retract because it was about to get spun all around.

George Zimmerman is the one who caused the accident. Him with a gun was an accident waiting to happen. lol
 vlad dracul
Msg: 159
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2012 1:39:44 PM
ah but was it zimmermans white half or hispanic half
that pulled the trigger?

i think the answer lies with 'thar he blows cap'n ahab' he's
the one who does the racial profiling all the way through
the thread
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 160
Posted: 4/17/2012 2:14:47 PM
How ironic that George will most likely have to become a gang-banger.

Isn't it.......

If he was so vehemently following/tracking the 'black folk' who got near his turf..........wasn't he always though?

Stand Your Ground has no diligent requirement....

Greeeeeeat point,

;)

Will now; I bet

How 'bout those Connecticut "Blue Laws" ? Still on the books since the mid-1600's ? Very progressive.

I have a question:

There's this girl; and she wasnt very nice to me.....
 Imported_labor
Msg: 161
Posted: 4/17/2012 2:53:01 PM

­George Zimmerman’s attorney Mark O’Mara requested a new judge in the Trayvon Martin case on Monday.

Not only that, Attorney O'Mara has also asked to keep the records in the case sealed to prevent the information to flow into the public domain. Furthermore, O'Mara has decided not to seek a bond hearing to release Zimmerman from jail. The idea is to keep him out of danger while he awaits for the court proceedings in this case.

George Zimmerman attorney wants judge in murder case tossed and records to remain sealed
By Dylan Stableford, Senior Media Reporter

The attorney for George Zimmerman filed a motion late Monday asking the court to recuse the judge in the case over a possible conflict of interest.

Mark O'Mara, Zimmerman's attorney, requested that Seminole Circuit Judge Jessica Recksiedler be removed after she revealed that her husband works with Mark NeJame, a CNN legal analyst. Last week, after O'Mara agreed to take Zimmerman as a client, NeJame revealed that he had been approached by Zimmerman—the 28-year-old neighborhood watchman accused of second-degree murder in the killing of Trayvon Martin—about representing him. NeJame declined, but suggested five lawyers, including O'Mara, to Zimmerman.

On Friday, Recksiedler said she would consider stepping aside.

Meanwhile, several news organizations—including CNN, USA Today and the Miami Herald—petitioned the court to reverse an order sealing records in the case.

O'Mara told CNN Monday he wants them sealed to prevent the steady flow of leaks that have already marred the case.

"It's an overall philosophy of trying to keep the information flow concentrated within the court system," O'Mara said. "It's much better handled there. And, again, if information like this, even a police report with names on it, gets out, then my concern is that they're going to be spoken to. They're going to be questioned. There's going to be four or five different statements from this one witness, let's say, and then we have to sift through all of that to try and get to what is the truth."
O'Mara said he's also concerned about the safety of the witnesses.

"My concern is that with the publicity this case has gotten so far, and with the interest from all sorts of people," said O'Mara, "there may be a concern for some safety to some of those people, should addresses be given out."

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/cutline/george-zimmerman-attorney-wants-judge-murder-case-tossed-143032856.html
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 162
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2012 2:53:37 PM
Vlad..white hispanics can be every bit as racist as anyone. Some of the most racist folks I met were a couple I knew from Puerto Rico. Hispanic merely describes a culture of origin, not race. In many hispanic and latino countries racism is prevalent, mostly targeted toward blacks and indigenous peoples. In Florida as in many states, Hispanic or Latino are used by law enforcement to describe non-black hispanics and latinos.

Zimmerman is half Peruvian hispanic. Not sure of his mother's racial makeup. Peru has only a 10% black population. Peru has it's share of racism issues as well.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10205171

•Latino generally refers to countries (or cultures) that were once under Roman rule. This includes Italy, France, Spain, etc. Brazilians are considered to be Latino, but are not considered to be Hispanic.
•Hispanic describes cultures or countries that were once under Spanish rule (Mexico, Central America, and most South America where Spanish is the primary language).
 matchlight
Msg: 163
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2012 3:08:15 PM

those I listed didn't respect the second amendment, those that issue permits, licenses and sold guns to those on that list didn't respect the second amendment.

I don't know what list you mean. But it is governments that issue permits and licenses, and private persons that sell guns. The Second Amendment does not apply to private persons at all. It limits the power of the federal government, and since McDonald v. Chicago in 2010, state and local governments also, to infringe the right to keep and bear arms. Governments fail to respect the Second Amendment when they infringe that right too far--not too little.

You want repect for your right to bear arms?

I not only want that right respected, I insist on it--just as we all should insist that government respect all our constitutional rights. No one's right to keep and bear arms depends on whether we have gun laws that make sense to you, or anyone else. Whether gun laws someone thinks make sense are valid depends on whether they restrict that right further than the Second Amendment allows.

your second amendment culture

As part of the U.S. Constitution, the Second Amendment is the law for everyone in this country. I'm no more part of a "second amendment culture" than I am of a First or Fourth or Sixth Amendment culture. I consider people who disrespect our Constitution my opponents.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >