Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 OutofControlMan
Msg: 165
George Zimmerman (watchguard) is in FBI custody!Page 5 of 31    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31)

That other people carry arms and take responsibility for their own self-preservation is irreconcilable with the liberal belief system. Liberalism is a utopian ideology that is appealing to cowards and weaklings, and the lazy and the stupid. The lowest common denominator of humanity who would prefer to have others provide for their security and well-being, then take responsibility for themselves as nature intended.

SF you talk very confidently, have you bagged any actual or potential miscreants yourself?

wondering about your experience in shooting, armed or unarmed people.

BTW by the laws of the land all homo sapiens are considered people or human beings regardless of skin tone, regardless of your personal views, likely even matchlight would agree
 OutofControlMan
Msg: 167
George Zimmerman (watchguard) is in FBI custody!
Posted: 4/17/2012 4:45:34 PM

They keep showing pics of him when he was a kid. That boys 6'2" 220 lbs Had stolen jewery on him burgular tools. They say he can run 100 yards in less than 10 seconds. He attacked that guy and it backfired on his ass

you should dig a little deeper maybe, the 'burglary tools' & jewelry incident was from Oct. 2011, not the night he was shot by slop-gut fat-boy wannabe-cop Zimmerman.

the 'burglary tool' was a flat screwdriver

bet you possess burglary tools too, then, I do too as do probably 95 % of people on this continent

who is "they" ? "they say" if he could run that fast why didn't he run away?
is 'boy' still the preferred term for African -American males?

where'd you get the details about him weighing 220 lbs. ? h#ll, I heard 320! actually, he WAS 8 FEET TALL AND 600 LBS., a killing machine, I *"heard" *! could kill a city bus with his bare hands! I heard he'd killed 16 people already! (from the same lady who warns of Martians invading)

witnesses have come for the contradicting claims about the two fighting.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/mar/30/trayvon-martin-witness-zimmerman-uninjured

"The anonymous man said he reported to police details of what he saw on the evening of 26 February, which included watching the gunman walking away from the fight apparently uninjured.

It contradicts an allegation from Zimmerman's father earlier in the day that the unarmed black teenager broke his son's nose during the incident and also left him with bloody injuries from slamming the man's head repeatedly on to a concrete pavement. The eyewitness says he saw no blood and that the entire confrontation took place only on grass.

"I saw two men on the ground, one on top of the other. I felt they were scuffling and I heard gunshots which to me were more like pops," he said in an interview broadcast on CNN's Anderson Cooper 360, his voice disguised to protect his identity.

"I don't know if was an echo but it definitely made more than one pop.
"After the larger man got off there was a boy, obviously now dead, on the ground facing down.

"It was dark. I can't say I watched him get up, but in a couple of seconds or so he was walking towards where I was watching and I could see him a little bit clearer. It was a Hispanic man. He didn't appear hurt or anything else. He just kind of seemed very worried with his hand up to his forehead.""
""It seems clear that Zimmerman's statement about Trayvon following him back to the truck is totally untrue because from this witness's statement all the interaction happened in one particular area, so I think Mr Zimmerman will be arrested very soon.""

Other witnesses say Martin never followed Zimmie to his truck or confronted him, contradicting what Georgie said

the funeral director says there were no marks indicating fighting on Martin, none visible on Zimmerman

one of your profile pic is titled "Born Villain"-- so you admit you are a criminal?

might as well start wearing a hoodie, too then -show it.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 168
Posted: 4/17/2012 4:47:40 PM
As I see it:

1) I don't know any real "facts" just what the media feeds me.
2) Regardless of race motivations, or not, an un-armed boy was killed.
3) "Stand Your Ground" should be on trial for the vigilante law it is.
 Imported_labor
Msg: 170
Posted: 4/17/2012 4:58:38 PM

From what I heard Professor Dershowitz say, the prosecution's evidence is hardly even enough to create the probable cause needed to arrest Zimmerman, let alone charge him with second-degree murder

Prof. Dershowitz, just like Geraldo Rivera, must have a reason to talk about aborting the judicial case against this killer. And just like Geraldo Rivera, Dershowitz has no moral authority to try to convince the public that the people in charge of seing that justice is done have it all wrong. I wonder if Dershowits is at the same level as Geraldo Rivera, who will spout whatever someone who dangles a few dollar bills in front of him tell him to say. For a while, I thought that Dershowits was someone who had respect for the law and the judicial process. Now I know that he doesn't.
 OutofControlMan
Msg: 171
Posted: 4/17/2012 5:11:29 PM
Trayvon) Benjamin Martin (February 5, 1995 – February 26, 2012) was the son of Sybrina Fulton and Tracy Martin, who were divorced in 1999. According to the Sanford police incident report of Trayvon Martin's death, he was 6'0" tall and weighed 160 pounds.He was a high school junior in the Miami area of south Florida and had turned 17 three weeks before his death.

wow those cops are really incompetent if they say he was 6'0" tall and weighed 160 pounds.

off by 2" & 60 pounds, because we have heard above, post # 239, that "they" say he was 6'2" 220 lbs. and we all know that "they" (internet rumors) are NEVER wrong..
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 172
Posted: 4/17/2012 7:51:12 PM
That boys 6'2" 220 lbs They say he can run 100 yards in less than 10 seconds.

What a waste.....

sh*t

HalftimeDad
Msg: 173
Posted: 4/17/2012 8:12:12 PM
If there was a 17 year old who could run 100 yards in less than 10 seconds, and he was killed....Well, it would have been news immediately. Not a month after the fact and only after nothing had been done about his murder.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 174
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2012 11:25:18 PM
cheers EP but that still does not explain why folk were all aerated when they assumed
zimmerman was white?

there are still posters on here who are obsessed by making the story racial rather
than the stand your ground law.

what with blackness of the heart, code words used by sly racists and now subtle racist
xenophobes dont you see a wee pattern emerging?

i went back to page one and unfortunately thee were the first to mention race closely
followed by UnConBlad

even oy has been reasonably reasonable regarding this.

seems like one poszter wants the killing to bring on a full race war (in my eyes anyway)
as long as he doesnt have to live in the states and be on the recieving end.

the last thread about this mentioned skinheads with guns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol but what skinhead
would back up a half hispanic? are they not meant to be racist neo nazis?

they WOULD however back up innocent whites being attacked dont you think?

and the spouter trying to make it racial and his ilk would be responsible for this IMHO

vlad dracul (off work with siberian death flu although he suffers in silence)

oh and can one of you self righteous posters explain why only whites are being
attacked by blacks in revenge as reported earlier on?
 russell5417
Msg: 175
Posted: 4/18/2012 5:06:43 AM
RipTide.........Thanks for the information. I agree with Trayvons mom............I believe it was an accident also....... sort of........I do not believe George Zimmerman set out to murder anyone that night. I imagine that he most likely didn't intend to shoot Trayvon when he approached the teen. But more likely, Zimmerman's fear and lack of proper training set in when Trayvon "resisted arrest"..........probably George was intending to hold Trayvon until the police arrived, but things didn't go as planned.

I think that George Zimmerman was a paranoid delusional over zealous community watchdog, that should absolutely NOT have been carrying a weapon. He wasn't mature and responsible enough to be patrolling the neighborhood with one. And he obviously wasn't trained professionally to handle the situation that HE created.

Oh........how on earth did you get such a beautiful picture of the sun setting down over the ocean like that in Daytona? I used to live there, and though I did see many sunrises from the ocean, all I ever saw for sun sets was down over the Halifax River with trees and buildings. I love that area of Florida, but haven't gotten down for a couple of years now. :(
 matchlight
Msg: 177
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2012 8:38:24 AM
Prof. Dershowitz, just like Geraldo Rivera, must have a reason to talk about aborting the judicial case against this killer.

I see your informed legal opinion about this case doesn't agree with Prof. Dershowitz's. It's telling that you don't try to refute anything he's said with facts or reasoning, but instead just imply he's corrupt. I can hardly wait for more of your learned analysis of this case.

The thing is, when you’re a black person you never get the luxury of being innocent, of being a victim. You are already guilty.

Really? I seem to recall at least one high-profile murder case in L.A. where the jury acquitted a black defendant who was a former pro football star. How did Mr. Simpson get the luxury of being innocent, if he was "already guilty"?

I've even heard rumors other black defendants have been acquitted of crimes, though I admit it's hard to believe that.

No such parellel things have happened with guns.

Yes--that may be because the right to keep and bear arms is specifically protected by the Constitution, while the right to drunk driving is not.
 russell5417
Msg: 178
Posted: 4/18/2012 9:30:49 AM
I have absolutely no "white guilt" either. My ancestors are from Finland and didn't make their way over to America until the early 1900's.

All white people do not judge and treat people badly because of the color of their skin.

Fortunately for me, I worked for a black upholsterer in Florida for a couple of years in the seventies and learned that not all black people are as angry and bitter towards someone just because they are white.

So whenever I hear someone whining and ****ing on either side, I have learned to ignore it. There are downright evil hateful miserable people of every skin color.

If the human race was of all one skin color, I truly believe that there would be just as many people hating other people in the world, it just wouldn't be called racism. Some would find their reasons.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 181
Posted: 4/18/2012 12:52:27 PM
^^^typical rhetorical BS...not addressing anything and bringing nothing into the discussion...but, what else is new?

"Stand Your Ground"...the vigilante law...desgned to return us to that wonderful time of the Wild Wild West...where the fastest gun ruled the prairie...I swear yer honer he looked at me crosseyed...I had to shoot him or be force to back down.
 matchlight
Msg: 182
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2012 1:32:24 PM

"Stand Your Ground"...the vigilante law...desgned to return us to that wonderful time of the Wild Wild West

I read Florida's law and thought it was completely reasonable. It modifies the rules of traditional self-defense law somewhat, but not drastically. It has nothing whatever to do with vigilantism, and it doesn't seem to have much to do with this case either.

There are limits to how far state criminal statutes can modify the common law without being unconstitutional. The state lawyers who draft these "castle" or "stand your ground" laws understand where the Supreme Court has set those limits. Those in one state might have gone beyond them, but it seems unlikely that would be true of all the states which have enacted these laws.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 183
view profile
History
Posted: 4/19/2012 12:33:48 AM
sobers

and your list only appliers to black folks then? no other races get a raw deal sometimes?

ive not checked your profile but your no a canadian are you? certainly sound
like it with your list.

and why when the accused is half hispanic are your posts about evil white folks?

see not all white folks feel guilty about things and why should they?

is it not a law you should be focusing on rather than a racial thing? or are white and hispanic
folk not victims of stand your ground as well?

vlad dracul enjoying one of his 5 a day. (no not fruit silly billy but posts, no threads can be started, only
2 posts in 10 and now only 5 posts per day. just as well i dont have a victim complex)
 part deux
Msg: 187
Posted: 4/19/2012 8:31:48 AM
To think that race did not play a part in this tragic situation, is to be willfully blind. Zimmerman is a small player in this psychodrama. The real racisim, the meta racisim is present at the police reaction to the situation. The police took one look at the victim, and beleived Zimmerman's account at face value. The idea that police would have reacted in the same fashion if the victim was a white teen,unarmed, who was not known to the police, is absurd.
Some people have mentioned Trayvon's problems at school. The officials at his school have stated that none of his infractions involved violence, and that he had a problem with authority. This is a common problem with teens, especially those from divorced parents, especially when one of the parent's are going to remarry. It is hardly an indication of a violent, malajusted youth.
Mysteria, you have no right to censure the opinions of other posters, you are not a moderator. sobers has expressed an opinion, he has not 'baited' anyone. In fact, perhaps you should re read some of the posts, and see where the real baiting lies. As for 'white guilt', perhaps if people had some understanding of the black holocaust, they would not be so dissmissive of black voices.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 188
Posted: 4/19/2012 9:36:37 AM

I am not and would not be dismissive on anyone who has suffered because of racism...do you know anyone?

Yes, I do.

I read Florida's law and thought it was completely reasonable

LOL...many of us here agree that you would think so.

A person who is not engaged in an unlawful activity and who is attacked in any other place where he or she has a right to be has no duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground and meet force with force, including deadly force if he or she reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony.
http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=0700-0799/0776/Sections/0776.013.html

It's the expansion of a man's home is his castle...now it's a man's ground is his castle....giving him/her the right to defend, with lethal force, a precieved threat...

Just what America needs...a cowboy law authorizing wingnuts the use of their guns to kill.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 189
view profile
History
Posted: 4/19/2012 9:54:38 AM
deux

the black holocaust!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol

that one had me rolling in my seat. and what black holocaust would that be?

in fact want to start a thread about it? im not allowed to or i would.

lets have this debate. lets read the accounts of the blacks who enslaved other
blacks then sold them on. and hey guess what? they are still doing it

as for seeing the posts where the 'real baiting' lies then yes lets look at guilt ridden
whites who cry like big girls blouses about white racism yet ignore the FACT that
zimmerman is not white. he is mixed race.

like the american president.

oops forgot that uncomfortable truth for you lot is a bug bear eh?

and to sobers

sorry mate i feel absolutely no guilt whatsoever. you feel the need to mention
white guilt i have the right to say your talking bollocks
 russell5417
Msg: 190
Posted: 4/19/2012 10:34:55 AM
Vlad, you are so right about blacks being sold by blacks in Africa.

Poor-middle class white people in America never needed or could afford slaves.

I know for a fact that my ancestors in Finland never had any.

I do not feel any guilt for what has happened in the past History............but I do feel empathy.........for all who have suffered through out history. Native Americans................Jewish people for example. Sorry sobers........I am not going to live my life feeling guilty about things that I have had no control over. I can not go back in time with a magic wand and make people like you happy.

And Sobers.......you seem to be doing pretty good for yourself, I see that you have a Bachelors. Good for you.......I see no one ever kept you from achieving that. Equal opportunity is a great thing. Congratulations buddy!!

Now back to the original post...............I still feel now, as I have stated from the start of my responses on this post, that Trayvon (who I know is black), is the victim.
 russell5417
Msg: 194
Posted: 4/19/2012 12:47:23 PM
msg 284....I know this is off topic and I apologize, but I can NOT stop thinking about my favorite Dave Chappelle skit.

It was about an old black man who had the misfortune of being born blind. He had gone his whole life thinking that he was white for whatever reason.

The funny thing about it was, he was a white supremacist. A black white supremacist.

You got to love Dave Chappelle..........he can make you laugh and really THINK at the same time.
 OutofControlMan
Msg: 195
Posted: 4/19/2012 12:52:22 PM
POSSIBLE reasons people might make "wild-azzed guesses" that some degree of 'racism' were involved are :

(1) Zimmerman's long history of calling 911, numerous times to report: "a black man walking down the street"

and (2) on the 911 recording of the call he made the night he confronted Martin, while waiting for the 911 operator to get back to him, he can clearly be heard muttering:

"these azzholes always get away with it.." ..and "F*cking coons.."..

no, not a trace of racism there, right? -> not to mention no charges, zero after killing someone (for over 6 weeks)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aVwPqXc-bk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNI5CA5jijw

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/03/24/george-zimmerman-refers-to-trayvon-martin-as-a-fing-coon-during-911-call-audio/

http://digitaljournal.com/blog/16209

but most will continue to deny , shut the eyes, see no evil..and it's not there

During the 911 call, Zimmerman states “he is running away” and shows us that Martin was not so sure about Zimmerman’s presence. Instead of letting Martin go on his way, Zimmerman revealed his mindset: “He will not get away, not this time”. Zimmerman chased Martin despite being told not to follow him. Zimmerman seems motivated by fear that Martin would get away through the other entrance . He ignored the dispatcher's warning. He knew PD was on their way and never even considered that Martin might belong on the estate. It was more important to Zimmerman for "this criminal" not to get away than to wait for assistance. Zimmerman took initiative.

Read more: http://digitaljournal.com/blog/16209#ixzz1sWAccq96

Background FYI (in case you were unaware:

"After telling the operator that “these assholes always get away,” Zimmerman mumbled something under his breath. His two words make it clear that this murder was racially motivated.
The two words mumbled by Zimmerman were “fvcking coon.”

“Coon” is a word used by racists to describe African-Americans.

probably well-loved by Ted Nugent et al.

It is equivalent to saying ‘n*gger.’

If anything should convince the authorities in Florida to charge Zimmerman with murder and seek the death penalty, these two words should do it. They prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that not only was Zimmerman trying to act out a cop fantasy, he was also playing out a white supremacist fantasy as well."
 OutofControlMan
Msg: 196
Posted: 4/19/2012 1:00:48 PM
far from complying with "stand your ground" law, Zimmerman HIMSELF

said on the 911 recording, that Martin was "running away" & "they always get away with it"

and..the clear implication was that the "f*cking coon" , i.e. Trayvon Martin, was NOT going to "get away with it" THAT night (whatever "it" was.) being black & on the street, maybe ? or Zimmerman assumed that he MUST have stolen something? (being black)

not while George Zimmerman was there and had a gun -he chased after Martin..and shot him
 vlad dracul
Msg: 197
view profile
History
Posted: 4/19/2012 1:18:48 PM
fvck me its like groundhog day
 OutofControlMan
Msg: 199
Posted: 4/19/2012 2:08:56 PM
^^

perhaps, but taken together with other words like "these azzholes always get away "

what "azzholes" would he be referring to ? suspected burglars? young men?

young BLACK men? I would suspect, the latter, or that he equated "young black men" = 'burglar' , he could hardly conceive of the existence of a non-criminal young black man.

plus the fact that he had called 911 several times in previous years to report "black man walking down my street".

all these together indicate a somewhat twisted mind-set.

only George knows exactly what was in George's mind but all these people poo-pooing & dismissing racism as a possible motive, as if it couldn't be possible.. that is ludicrous also

VD sorry I cause distress for you, though
 Imported_labor
Msg: 200
Posted: 4/19/2012 2:23:24 PM

The problem is that when you throw race baiters like Jesse Jackson and Sharpton into the mix, they can and WILL stir things up to the point where there will be problems, and others will get hurt. IF jackson and sharpton REALLY cared, they would not do what they do, but that is another story.

For a while reading your post I was truly tempted to believe that you could offer a balanced opinion. However, reading your closing sentence I am thinking that something must have gone very wrong since those days of your childhood when your parents taught you well:

There were some blacks there, and we were told that the only different thing about them is that they are black, and that they come from another country. When we got to the US, my father would point out a black person and tell me that even though in the US, they were not treated like everyone else, part of that was because the white folks never really got to know any blacks.

Now, after saying that nobody has the definite facts, you are only seeing a problem when Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton got involved. Why not recognize that they got involved because the parents of Trayvon got tired of being given the runaround in Sandford and the State of Florida? Are you upset that the attention they brought on this case resulted in the arrest of Zimmerman? At least now we will have a chance to know the facts.

Here is the kicker, though. Why aren't you mentioning the constant broadcasting of mis-information by the right-wing media trying to confuse the people about this case? Why don't you mention the disgraceful participation of Geraldo Rivera and Alan Dertshowitz? Don't you think that their participation, apart from the payment that they receive, have nothing to do with the identification of the shooter as a White Hispanic whose name is George Zimmerman?
 Rainiqui
Msg: 201
view profile
History
Posted: 4/19/2012 2:40:35 PM
OutofControlMan

and (2) on the 911 recording of the call he made the night he confronted Martin, while waiting for the 911 operator to get back to him, he can clearly be heard muttering:
"these azzholes always get away with it.." ..and "F*cking coons.."..

Just wondering if you've seen this video -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntnZYzRqKEQ
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >