Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 vlad dracul
Msg: 276
view profile
History
George Zimmerman (watchguard) is in FBI custody!Page 8 of 31    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31)
imported

you wrote

''Dershowitz may say what he wants, but he is not an unbiased participant in this case. Does Dershowitz normally make this kind of statements about all murder cases. If not, then why he is trying to poison the public's mind about this case.''

does president obama usually make comments in all alleged murder cases? if not why not? he felt
the need to comment on the martin/zimmerman incident

there are some cynical folk who think he commented on this for political reasons

but that would be incredulous eh?
 Imported_labor
Msg: 278
George Zimmerman (watchguard) is in FBI custody!
Posted: 4/22/2012 3:01:42 PM

lol, you said that once before & I proved you wrong, lol such a short memory you have.

As I said, I will prove to you that what someone said about you "talking out off your azz" was correct in the assessment of your posts. Even though your last post reads a little bit more balanced, your previous posts were more on the side of sowing disinformation. That was the reason why I asked you to provide us with the sources of your "information."

Here is what caused me to ask you about your evidence, that you claimed to be plentiful:

Trayvon was an angry big mouthed racist bully who bragged about getting up in dumb azz old white folks faces & terrorizing them.

I am sure you must have some evidence of that. Do you mind sharing it?

That was on April 15. 2012; message# 149 (page 6 of this topic)

Here is your answer, that same day; message # 151 (page 7 of this topic)

There is lots of evidence to show Trayvon was not an innocent little kid, do some research.

The next day (April 16, 2012) you continued with your campaign in message # 185, (page 8 of this topic)

quote] Supposely....there is video footage of Treyvon at the 7-11, the night of the shooting, that shows he was in a "scuffle" with a patron/employee.

to which I objected again, and I posted a link to an article printed on April 3, 2012 that gives the informed opinion of the Florida Medical Chief. That was on April 16, 2012, (message # 187 of this topic)
This was the result of my search for the evidence that would support your claim that Trayvon had broken Zimmerman's nose and caused cuts on his head, and all the other nonsense that you had been posting.
I also added that it was becoming very clear that you were just spreading uncorroborated nonsense, what somebody had characterized your posts as "talking out of your azz."

Your immediate reply (message #188 of this topic) posted the same day (April 16, 2012) was to cut and paste an article from Reuters that had been posted on the same day: April 16, 2012 at 6:40 EDT, offering uncorroborated information from Zimmerman's neighbors and "witnesses."

The point here is that your reply shows clearly that only on April 16, 2012 you searched for the information that you were saying that you had all along. If you had sources that you were relying upon to spread that "evidence" of yours, you certainly didn't bother to share it before. And when you thought that you needed to post something other than the usual nonsense you rushed to cut and paste a very lame piece of Internet journalism.

So, now when you claim that you proved me wrong, I can only laugh thinking that the poster who said that you were "talking out of your azz" had it right all along.

And then you have the gall to complain about other posters. Message # 334, of this topic:

I can't believe some of you people posts your bs without even bothering to do research!

That is absolutely laughable.
 Imported_labor
Msg: 279
Posted: 4/22/2012 3:31:39 PM

imported

you wrote

''Dershowitz may say what he wants, but he is not an unbiased participant in this case. Does Dershowitz normally make this kind of statements about all murder cases. If not, then why he is trying to poison the public's mind about this case.''

does president obama usually make comments in all alleged murder cases? if not why not? he felt
the need to comment on the martin/zimmerman incident

No, the president doesn't involve himself in all alleged murder cases. If my memory serves me right, this is the first murder case in which he made a comment. However, the president commented on, and got involved in another case that had caused some worries among the people in this country because of the racial tension caused by the arrest of a man, a well-known Harvard professor. This man was arrested inside his own house, having committed no crime. It was a case in which the white policeman felt that he had to show the uppity black man who had the real power. The president stepped in and was able to diffuse the anger felt by the black population by the blatant abuse. The president invited the policeman and the professor to the White House to talk it out over a couple of beers.

I am sure that this time the president tried to defuse another explosive situation that had been created by the establishment refusal to listen to the grievance of Trayvon's parents. Their son had been murdered and no one had the time or willingness to address their demand for justice. That situation created another instance of strong dissatisfaction among the black population, as the information spread around the country. I am no doubt that the president remarks about Trayvon were meant to help Trayvon's parents to deal with their loss, and to feel a little bit less lonely, while at the same time helping to restore the people's faith in the justice system. Unfortunately, I don't think that the president will be able this time to have the murderer and the parents of the victim over at the White House to make peace over a couple of beers. But I wish he could!
 Imported_labor
Msg: 280
Posted: 4/22/2012 3:40:36 PM

How dare Dershowotz offer an opinion on the case.
It's not like he's a lawyer, or graduated from Harvard, right?

I would bet everything I own (it isn't much, but it would be everything) that had the Hispanic-White been named Jorge Gonzalez Pinto, instead of George Zimmerman, Dershowitz wouldn't have said a word about this case.

So, Dershowitz, a lawyer who is a professor at Harvard can comment on this case, but president Obama, a lawyer who graduated from Harvard can't say a kind word to the family of the victim in this case.

If the authority to speak on this case emanates from the Harvard connection, then I suggest that your boat has a few holes.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 281
Posted: 4/22/2012 4:01:26 PM
What RACIST craype^^^^^
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 282
Posted: 4/22/2012 4:13:54 PM
You've posted this same racist screed three times now. The first time it was voted off.

Give it a rest.
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 283
view profile
History
Posted: 4/22/2012 4:14:03 PM
Spreading Fred Reeds racsit tripe accomplishes what? The guy is looney toons, and suspected of being the author of Ron Paul's racist newsletters. Fred is into fanning flames and offering nothing whatsoever constructive to the dialogues in the US.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 284
Posted: 4/22/2012 4:21:38 PM
Awwww....guys let those posts rest a bit...will ya...that poster has a right to his opinions.
 matchlight
Msg: 285
view profile
History
Posted: 4/22/2012 5:10:08 PM
Far more people possess guns today than in the more distant past

Gosh, Professor Dressler, I wonder if that could be because there are far more people today than in the more distant past. If there's evidence that's true as a percentage of the population, he doesn't cite it, and I doubt it. The population used to be much more rural than today, and most people in rural areas necessarily had firearms.

However, the president commented on, and got involved in another case that had caused some worries among the people in this country because of the racial tension caused by the arrest of a man, a well-known Harvard professor.

Nonsense. Mr. Obama asserted that the police had acted "stupidly" in that case because it involved one of his snooty pals from Martha's Vineyard. He didn't yet know the facts, but he didn't let that stop him from popping off. As it came out, this pompous jackass immediately started insulting the officer who responded, even though the man was only trying to understand the situation and did nothing to suggest Professor Chip-on-the-Shoulder was breaking any law. It was only when he became outright abusive and threatening that he was handcuffed, and it served him right.

Mr. Obama doesn't give a damn about racial tensions, except as he thinks he can help his chances of re-election by inflaming them. It's the updated version of Marxist incitement of class warfare, part of the divisive, rabble-rousing tactics the president learned from studying Saul Alinsky and from the leftist radicals he's associated with for much of his adult life.

Mr. Obama and Mr. Holder, his faithful lackey and fellow practiced liar, have inserted the administration into this tragedy for cynical, selfish purposes. If Holder had any integrity at all, which he's proven time and again he does not, he would never have come near Al Sharpton, let along shook his hand and sung his praises. Sharpton is a racist louse who has never apologized to the people he defamed by concocting a false story about the supposed rape of Tawana Brawley, and who twice purposely fomented rioting that caused the deaths of two innocent men.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 286
Posted: 4/22/2012 5:18:20 PM
Gosh, Professor Dressler, I wonder if that could be because there are far more people today than in the more distant past. If there's evidence that's true as a percentage of the population, he doesn't cite it, and I doubt it. The population used to be much more rural than today, and most people in rural areas necessarily had firearms.

Geeze...thenI guess we're suppose to believe his unsubstantiated post...just like we have to when you never cite a source.

While the framers of this country could see the need for guns ownership and possession by the public...as times were different then....in todays America...much gun ownership is by people in residential and populated ares...and a law like Stand Your Ground-might-seem logical and reasonable to "some"...to others we see this law as a means to a lawless main street where people are shooting each other rather than grant right of way on the sidewalk.

Mr. Obama and Mr. Holder, his faithful lackey and fellow practiced liar, have inserted the administration into this tragedy for cynical, selfish purposes

Mission Accomplished!!! Gee, you never say such nice things about Alberto Gonzales
 russell5417
Msg: 288
Posted: 4/22/2012 9:57:34 PM
Someone should start a new thread...... "George Zimmerman (murderer) released from FBI custody"!
 matchlight
Msg: 290
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2012 9:45:53 AM
It's hard to see what incentive Zimmerman would have to plead guilty to manslaughter or any other crime, if the evidence is as thin as it seems to be.
 matchlight
Msg: 296
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2012 2:19:53 PM
The only thing that will count is the vote in the jury room of guilt or innocense, based on the cases of the prosecution and defense.

Not necessarily. There won't be any jury trial if he pleads guilty, or if the prosecution can't make enough of a case to go forward.

justifiable homicides are up 5 fold, since these laws were passed in florida alone

What of it, unless you have evidence those killings were not justifiable? If someone is about to kill an innocent person, it's no cause for regret if he is killed instead of his intended victim.

"Stand your ground" is the equal of crack cocaine to the gun lobby! It is a license to kill people

Are you talking about Florida's law, or some other state's? What provisions in particular do you think are undesirable? I don't see what part of the Florida law reasonably applies to this killing.
 wvwaterfall
Msg: 297
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2012 2:45:16 PM
I've stayed away from commenting on this case because there's far more I don't know than do know about it, but what the heck here goes:

What we do know is that a man with a gun killed a young man with no weapon of any kind. Exactly how their confrontation played out we'll probably never know. But based on the above it strikes me that some sort of charges are warranted.

I don't know if race was a factor. I do know that carrying a gun is NOT a normal part of a neighborhood watch program, nor is pursuing a person of concern. And the way this incident played out does not appear to be consistent with the intent of any "stand your ground" legislation, even if the Florida version of that legislation does appear to have been a factor in Zimmerman's initial release. I expect Florida will do some tweaking of that law as a result.

I do think it should be possible to seat an impartial jury. Sure just about everyone has heard something about the case, but a whole lot of us are fully capable of passing judgment based on actual evidence presented and setting aside media hype.
 matchlight
Msg: 299
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2012 3:31:28 PM
So a 5 fold increase since the law was passed is what...an aberration?

I don't know why it should be surprising that when more people arm and defend themselves, more people who otherwise would have been killed themselves commit justifiable homicides.

In almost all cases, there were no witnesses, so how would there be evidence?

If there were no evidence, what grounds would police have had for arresting the shooters involved, as you're implying they should have?

"stand your ground" seems a counter intuative way of stopping problems.

Why should people be required to be victims even when they are armed, just because they don't happen to be at home when criminals threaten their lives? I'm glad to see more and more women, especially, are learning how to use guns.
 Imported_labor
Msg: 300
Posted: 4/23/2012 3:58:21 PM

Mr. Obama doesn't give a damn about racial tensions, except as he thinks he can help his chances of re-election by inflaming them. It's the updated version of Marxist incitement of class warfare, part of the divisive, rabble-rousing tactics the president learned from studying Saul Alinsky and from the leftist radicals he's associated with for much of his adult life.

I can see that in your idiotology you prefer to label "class warfare" any well intentioned effort by the president to ease racial conflicts. Of course you will say that, unless the president is asking the lower classes to resume their subservient role of the past centuries, he is engaging in "divisive, rabble-rousing tactics. Your jargon reveals that you have been left behind. You seem to be stuck in the historical developments of the mid-1950s.

The ones practicing class-warfare nowadays are those who have been manipulating the economy to cause the middle-class to shrink. The economic polarization between the super-rich and the rest of the population has been increasing steadily since the 1980's. No matter how much you would like to disguise the real economic class-warfare by trying to distract others talking about class-warfare when addressing racial conflicts, people are catching on to the real issue. Soon those responsible for the current economic crisis will have to face the music played by a multi-racial band.
 statemachine500
Msg: 301
Posted: 4/23/2012 6:48:47 PM

Soon those responsible for the current economic crisis will have to face the music played by a multi-racial band.
And this reveals much about you,no surprise actually.Nor is it a surprise that so many Americans are buying guns,and are ready and able to stand their ground.They simply understand that they must stand their ground,which is what Zimmerman was doing.Should he have just scurried inside and hoped that a loitering hooded man would not choose his home to break into?Or be proactive and run him off so that hopefully he tells his other punk friends to stay away from that place?
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 302
view profile
History
Posted: 4/24/2012 4:57:01 AM

And this reveals much about you,no surprise actually.Nor is it a surprise that so many Americans are buying guns,and are ready and able to stand their ground.They simply understand that they must stand their ground,which is what Zimmerman was doing.Should he have just scurried inside and hoped that a loitering hooded man would not choose his home to break into?Or be proactive and run him off so that hopefully he tells his other punk friends to stay away from that place?

And sentiment like this reveals why Stand Your Ground laws must be repealed and the murderers held accountable for their racism, profiling, vigilanteism, and crimes.
 Imported_labor
Msg: 303
Posted: 4/24/2012 5:15:39 AM

Soon those responsible for the current economic crisis will have to face the music played by a multi-racial band.

Actually I was referring to the coming election. There are many polls indicating that a great majority of Americans, including a sizable percentage of those describing themselves as Republicans, are in favor of increasing the taxes on millionaires. That great majority of Americans are no doubt a multi-racial band, and the people running for Congress will have to listen to the tune that they are playing. All of that is a good sign for the re-election campaign of president Obama. A clear and disciplined campaign, highlighting the clear differences with the empty promises of the failed policies of trickle-down republicanism and high scale of thievery, depleting the treasury with unfunded wars, should help the president win and also bring back to the House and the Senate people who will work with the president to enact the change our country desperatley needs.

We the people need to put in Congress people who will represent us, not only the rich and the corporate thieves. The people.

Funny that the only reaction you can come up is the Zimmerman syndrome. Let me get my guns ready to go out and see if I can kill some punk roaming in my neighborhood.

Just because you are living in fear and are waving your gun doesn't mean that you are going to scare us from exercising our right to vote for whoever we choose. Our song will be heard loud and clear by peoples in all corners of this country.
 Imported_labor
Msg: 305
Posted: 4/24/2012 1:43:24 PM

Most whites(99%) buy guns to protect there familys and property..They do not go out like some people and go and act like a pack of wolves and cause problems...

Selective memory, ah? You seem to be forgetting about those valiant defender who used to go out in packs, dressed in white robes and pointy hats. There are some packs still around although they go by different names, like militias and whatever... Some of them even disguise themselves as voluntary neighborhood watch volunteers.
 statemachine500
Msg: 309
Posted: 4/24/2012 5:48:03 PM

And sentiment like this reveals why Stand Your Ground laws must be repealed and the murderers held accountable for their racism, profiling, vigilanteism, and crimes.
So wrong.Dissuading people from protecting themselves will only encourage ever more brazen behaviour from disadvantaged blacks.I don't believe Zimmerman intended to do harm to Trayvon,but a false sense of security from a sidearm,no training,no uniform,and an aggressive young man all combined for this tragedy.Caving in to the mob,will only embolden them.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 313
Posted: 4/24/2012 10:01:55 PM
They don't really need to spend a lot of time looking for evidence here: the guy chased a teenager, shot and killed him. Self defence is an affirmative defence. It's up to Zimmerman to prove that he was acting in self defence. I'm assuming that's what he will be pleading.
 Imported_labor
Msg: 316
Posted: 4/25/2012 5:03:14 AM

The media and race pimps have so distorted this process that it is scary to think of what might happen should Zimmerman win in court.

Are you talking about Geraldo Rivera and Allan Dershowitz? They have done a fantastic job of convincing some people that Trayvon Martin invited someone to kill him when he went out to buy iced tea and skittles wearing his hoodie, and then he supposedly attacked a peaceful neighborhood watch volunteer who was carrying a gun for self-protection.

You know, I believe that people who lie for a fee in the end they get paid sh.t, and they have to eat it. It is some kind of karmic thing. Geraldo Rivera already got a well deserved moral punishment for the role he played in the attempted demonization of Trayvon Martin. Gearldo Rivera's own son made it clearly known that he was ashamed of his father for playing for the racist team in Fox News.

Geraldo Rivera’s son: I’m ‘ashamed’ of my dad's remarks about Trayvon, his hoodie

ALIYAH SHAHID
Saturday, March 24, 2012

Even Geraldo Rivera's son is disappointed in his father's controversial remarks about Trayvon Martin.

"My own son just wrote to say he's ashamed of my position," the Fox News contributor tweeted on Friday.

Rivera created a firestorm earlier this week when he argued the hoodie the unarmed teen chose to wear when he was killed in Florida was as much to blame for his death as the man that shot him.

Despite his own family's harsh criticism, Rivera refused to budge on his position, adding on Twitter "Still I feel parents must do whatever they can to keep their kids safe."

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2012-03-24/news/31235143_1_rivera-son-tragic-shooting

I have a son and a daughter, and I hope that they will never have a reason to be ashamed of the way I had to make a living.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 318
Posted: 4/25/2012 11:17:43 AM

hint...the defense needs 'to prove' zilch. Nada. Nil. Zip. The defense has to do nothing. The defendendent need not utter a word. Need not take the stand. He can sleep through the triil...it's his FUNDAMENTAL right.

It's 100% the role of the prosecution 'to prove' guilt. Nobody has to prove they are innocent.

When you're found standing over the body of a dead boy with a smoking gun in your hand, it's pretty clear you killed him.

Unless he's going to claim a one armed man ran up, took his gun, shot Trayvon and pushed the gun back in his hand, then he has to have some explanation. The facts of the case are damning. He has to claim self defence, and then it is up to him to prove it. That Mr. Zimmerman followed the boy is undisputed. That he shot and killed him is undisputed. So he will have to try to establish some plausible excuse.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >