Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > How many hours of online work to get one date?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 9Pluto
Msg: 32
view profile
History
How many hours of online work to get one date?Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)

How many hours of online work to get one date?

How many hours on the computer does it take you to write a poem?
 Ladyinred4755
Msg: 33
Posted: 10/9/2015 10:40:51 AM
LOL Let's just say, if someone had PAID ME for my time spent actively pursuing, with OLD sites for over 4 years, (minus 6 months/minus 7 months) I could take a 2 week vacation, anywhere I wanted.

I learned to avoid, "The Rules - their rules - his rules", and followed my own.

Last summer I made a choice to "step up my game plan". LOL I paid for/opened an account with an OLD site specific to my hearts desire. Then sat back and relaxed. I mentally/emotionally relaxed.
Ta da! Recently celebrated one year with my BF.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 10/9/2015 4:05:10 PM
28,000 hours. (Give or take five minutes) This quote is subject to change daily.

I'd try to step up my game plan- but too many want to step "on" my game plan.
 hemingway234
Msg: 35
Posted: 10/20/2015 4:45:23 AM
No message - not letting that secret out.
 south_city
Msg: 36
Posted: 10/21/2015 6:44:31 AM
I didn't keep track of it. But it shouldn't take that long to read some profiles, exchange 4-5 emails each way ( provided that you are getting at least few responses ), maybe 1 short phone call, and setting up a date /meeting.
 JoeBnD
Msg: 37
Posted: 10/21/2015 8:40:25 AM

..............................................(minimum post characters)...............................................
 ohenryx
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 10/21/2015 2:43:29 PM
I had forgotten about starting this thread, after all it was over 3.5 years ago. Heck, it would have had to be a very old thread if I started it, Ms A whacked me with “no new threads, 10 posts per day” quite a few years ago!

sealady111
Henry...

Are you talking about a proper date?

Or to get laid?

If you go back and look at my original post, I was quoting an online article, which article claimed that it took an average of six hours to get a date. I had my doubts, and asked people here about their experiences.

The original article was written by a couple of “dating coaches”, who were trying to make the point that online dating doesn’t work, so you should pay them to teach you how to be successful at dating IRL (In Real Life). So the subject was “dating for dating”, not “looking for sex”.

Here’s another quote from the same article:

The numbers are not kind to the online dating industry. Marcus Frind, CEO of PlentyofFish.com, crunched the stats on his blog and found that 1 in 1,369 dates leads to marriage on Match.com. That’s $83,000 in subscription revenue for every marriage. If someone told you those odds at the beginning, would you still want to sign up? Considering the ratio of marriages to revenue, we think most people would expect a higher delivery rate.

Read more: http://www.mademan.com/online-dating-does-not-work/#ixzz3pF0BhesE
 sealady111
Msg: 39
Posted: 10/21/2015 2:48:30 PM
Actually 1 in 1,369 introductions leading to marriage is pretty good in my opinion.

You could easily go to a number of large functions and say hello to everyone there and meet more people than that and not meet any single or available people in your own demographic. Certainly I do not meet single men in my everyday life.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 10/21/2015 4:58:27 PM
Of course, looking at the men/women ratios in a given area may give you a clue as to how long it may take. I might just take another crack at it in the near future, since I finally deciphered how to download photos on this laptop. Heck, it only took a year and a half. (Will wonders never cease?!)
 Meagan06825
Msg: 41
Posted: 10/24/2015 6:23:21 AM
An average of 6 hours means exactly THAT, it is an AVERAGE. Meaning some people may take YEARS and some seconds.

Obviously it will vary greatly on age, location, standards and luck.
 UZEASY
Msg: 42
Posted: 10/24/2015 9:53:03 PM
Its very difficult. people say something on their profile but if you inquire about it there response is 100% opposite. Plus if they feel uncomfortable they will block you and you will be wondering why would someone block you without evalution . I guess its just a fun. I remember there was a dating site called omnidating That was the best site I had ever visited it has a virtual chat enviornment where you can actually chat with individuals live on one on one bases. For some reason it just died as well.
 sealady111
Msg: 43
Posted: 10/24/2015 10:59:00 PM
How many hours of on line work to get one date where the person who turns up is as advertised?
 BLonde^J^AngeL
Msg: 44
Posted: 10/25/2015 6:11:38 AM
If something doesn't work, why keep doing it?

Definition of insanity is expecting different results doing the same thing...switch up "A" & "B" will change!
 eternityforeternity
Msg: 45
Posted: 10/25/2015 9:50:54 AM
As long as it takes, I guess.

If one expects perfection they way they define perfection, they'll be waiting forever or they'll come to realize they are not everything that is good for them though they advertised well.
 south_city
Msg: 46
Posted: 10/26/2015 6:55:48 AM

An average of 6 hours means exactly THAT, it is an AVERAGE. Meaning some people may take YEARS and some seconds.

Obviously it will vary greatly on age, location, standards and luck.

I know it was the average. But I don't know if the results of this research project was accurate. The method or the sample pool used for this project could skew the results.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > How many hours of online work to get one date?