Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Dosen't want to move in with anybody      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 aries1947
Msg: 51
Dosen't want to move in with anybodyPage 3 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Someone around all the time gets on my nerves. Separate residences would work for me.
 MDIYM59
Msg: 52
Dosen't want to move in with anybody
Posted: 4/16/2012 7:47:36 PM
I like living alone, don't want some woman redecorating my house with frilly throw pillows and paisley print drapes, yuck! Also re-arranging the furniture and changing the colors of the rooms every time the seasons change is for the birds, lol. I'll stay with a woman forever as long as she has her place and I have mine, lol.
 Ready_Real
Msg: 53
Posted: 4/17/2012 10:19:03 AM
Without belaboring what is already on my profile statement. . .

I'm pretty (not perfectly, mind you, but pretty for sure) capable of living on my own--- as I have been doing just this since 2005. But having had what I had do I prefer living alone? Hades, no. Do I feel certain that I'll be lucky enough to find a full time live in lover for the third time in my life now that I'm nearly 59, and 99% of the men expressing interest in such a thing with the likes of me are living some combination of morbidly/chronically unhealthy lives while the other 1% live in Alaska, Tibet, or outer Mongolia? No.

When you know what is not very likely to happen but is nevertheless within the distant realm of human possibility, and you know what is practically likely, do you reconcile some place in-between? Not in this woman's lifetime.
 SONNI100
Msg: 54
Posted: 4/17/2012 11:03:34 AM
Thanks, Ready.....not in my lifetime either. The beauty of aging and remaining unjaded and open-minded~~
 Ready_Real
Msg: 55
Posted: 4/17/2012 2:28:41 PM
U r most welcome, Sonni,

The way i look at "it"? We're "here." And speaking strictly from my own finite human experience, nobody i've ever known has managed to come back from "there" exactly as s/he was when s/he was "here."

Which means I have one life to live. And --- selfish as i am --- i am holding on for dear life to every intention of making the most of it:)
 Blah_User_Name
Msg: 56
Posted: 4/17/2012 2:35:51 PM
@ GrandmaBooBoo - Save me a room.
 GrandmaBooBoo
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2012 4:07:07 PM
Import from UK....LOL! I'm put your name on the quest suite, but I get to share the steam shower/sauna in that bathroom on occassion. LOL! My daughter says she's looking forward to spending the night there next time she gets drunk...because I put in a heated floor under the ceramic tile...and she says she can remember spending a few nights on bathroom floors where she really WISHED the floor was heated!

LOL! It really sucks though that we'll have to keep someone straight enough to drive the boat when we're out on the lake....maybe we can hire a "Captain" with a nice bod too!!!
 Moonchild51
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2012 4:12:52 PM
We could have a place like the Golden Girls Grandma! Import hunny, move on over will you and make room for Miss Kitty! lol

We joke about this but truly, I can see the merit in it for sure. If one doesn't want a relationship by living with someone in the confines of a relationship, this would be a super alternative!
 Blah_User_Name
Msg: 59
Posted: 4/17/2012 5:59:17 PM
I am so in. I'll clean if someone else will cook - although I have no issues helping with the prep. I can now delete my account because it seems everything is sorted out. Phew.
 cap_n_mORGAN
Msg: 60
Posted: 4/17/2012 7:39:41 PM

We could have a place like the Golden Girls Grandma! Import hunny, move on over will you and make room for Miss Kitty! lol

Does that mean that leaves the men with the odd couple deal?!?!?!...LOL

I'll pass on having a Oscar around.

Great to see a tread go into a comic mode......To many just go cut throat.
 Casper66
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2012 9:14:00 PM
Well I wouldn't say never to co-habitating again, I must say I'm pretty happy living in my own space, free to do what I want when I want, sleep in, listen to music, read a good book or dance around the house. I wouldn't mind a LTR while living separately, as I get older I could see this as a great option to a more traditional living arrangement.
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 62
Posted: 4/17/2012 9:18:13 PM
It really sucks though that we'll have to keep someone straight enough to drive the boat when we're out on the lake....maybe we can hire a "Captain" with a nice bod too

So far you have a gardener and a captain... I wonder what else is on the ladies wish list to make thier golden years full of smiles....

This is starting to sound like those philadelphia cream cheese ads in heaven.
 Blah_User_Name
Msg: 63
Posted: 4/18/2012 2:52:20 AM
Oh ^^^^ I know the answer to this one.....We have to have a pool boy. All 40+ year old women know the benefits of a pool boy. Heck, who cares if there isn't a pool- it's not like he'll have time to clean it anyway. :-)
 BlackLady1953
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2012 8:47:46 AM
May I put in my application, Grandma BooBoo? Sounds like you have a plan, there.

I've lived alone since 1991. I don't know if I COULD live with a significant other. I tried the "semi-cohabitation" thing, and it was horrible. My apartment but he wanted to dominate.

This little old house of mine isn't much, but it's MINE.....I want a LTR (monogamous) relationship, but it doesn't mean that we have to be together 24/7/365. I'm comfortable here, and I make anyone who stays here comfortable.....but no one can just "take over"....
 GrandmaBooBoo
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2012 8:58:01 AM
LOL!!! You guys/girls are really getting me excited about this now!!! LOL! I might have to add on a couple bedrooms!!!

Don't really need a pool as the community center is less than 1/2 mile away...and they have the indoor pool there. The outdoor pool is just across the lake, plus...I have plans to incorporate a hot tub when I finish the patio off the guest suite entrance.

Adding BlackLady's name to the reservation list. LOL! I got you hard working guys' names on there as well....we may have to double up and figure out a "rotation plan" LOL!
 BlackLady1953
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2012 9:02:02 AM
...and a couple of bathrooms, and a few more hottubs......
 Moonchild51
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2012 9:03:50 AM
I wonder what else is on the ladies wish list to make thier golden years full of smiles....

Good Lord! We have forgotten the "pool boy"! How could we have overlooked that? Oh and we need a "maintenance man", actually maybe a few...and you all can define your own interpretation of "maintenance"....my bad! lol

P.S. - Sign me up for cooking!
 c_deacon
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2012 9:11:38 AM
OMG.....No wonder that I get all those calls to clean the pool, fix the plumbing, clean out the heater, repair a fence, etc.............:)

Guess I just did not understand why I was really being called to come over and help....now, on to cooking.....lmao

cd
 GrandmaBooBoo
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2012 9:13:04 AM
:-) I have 2 full kitchens Moonie....LOL! you may cook to your little heart's content!
 Moonchild51
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2012 9:22:59 AM
Well Import said she would clean if she didn't have to cook. I like to cook so I volunteer for that.

Mr. Deac? I need to wack you upside your head and knock some sense into you! lol...you honestly think we want you to ahem, fix our plumbing?

OT: I think a lot of folks are afraid to cohabitate as they stand the chance of losing pension money. The Golden Girls alternative allows us the comfort of having other live bodies to chat with, while keeping our finances separate and not at risk...something to think about
 GrandmaBooBoo
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2012 9:27:23 AM
LOL! Apparently Mr. Deac doesn't know that I'm a journeyman pipefitter....NOT that I plan to work on THAT kind of plumbing issues mind you....but we could use a good massage therapist couldn't we?
 Moonchild51
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2012 9:28:59 AM

but we could use a good massage therapist couldn't we?

OK Deac is the RMT for the home! Cept he will "not" be wearing a speedo! lol...no personal offense to you Mr. Deac, just that those are gross!
 GrandmaBooBoo
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2012 9:31:05 AM
^^^^ Hehehehehe, I'm rather partial to leather myself!
 BlackLady1953
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2012 9:43:30 AM
Pets??? Cats permitted????
 GrandmaBooBoo
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2012 9:57:08 AM
^^^ LOL! I currently have 3 cats and 1 dog...I'm obviously fine with sharing with our 4 legged friends! The Shihpoo shares my bed; 1 cat is 14 yrs old and not going to be around much longer, 1 is an outdoor cat that I can't seem to chase away...and my FAT grey male cat, 4 yrs old...is ....sadly....gay! LOL! The 3 female critters run all over him and he just hides.

-------> Ahhh, come on Moonie....if we're going to let the guys in on this...we will need at least ONE "French Maid" for them.

<div class='quote'>It is starting to sound like this may also happen to some of the hired help. Ohhhhhh NOOOO!!!! LOL! This is one of the reasons for having "roommates" without the who farce of a "relationship" status. Everyone gets equal b1tching rights!

Last Edit: LOL!..... I got along working for 30 years with nearly 4,000 MALES....because.....I do NOT "report" sexual harrassment....I GRADE IT!
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Dosen't want to move in with anybody