Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Dosen't want to move in with anybody      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Moonchild51
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Dosen't want to move in with anybodyPage 4 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
OK then now we have to hire a couple of onsite vets! Only criteria? Male! lol
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 77
Dosen't want to move in with anybody
Posted: 4/18/2012 10:13:55 AM
The 3 female critters run all over him and he just hides.

It is starting to sound like this could also happen to some of the hired help unless they stipulate a look and talk but don't touch rule in the terms of thier contract - much like female strippers do.
 Blue-Eyes-Shine
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2012 11:46:56 AM
I may put in my application also. I can drive a boat and one drink is usually my limit. :) I'm a sipper so that one drink can last me hours. I'll do the flower beds also!
 moraima
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2012 11:56:59 AM
When you get double booked, I can take some of the overflow. Have 3 extra bedrooms, and will have second kitchen finished soon. Now you will have to bring your own beef cake staff.

I have already checked with my insurance broker. 2 bedrooms rented out isn't too much more expensive for insurance, but more than that premiums go up. (Sorry to throw a serious bit in to the mix.) Apparently the reason is that if you had a fire, the insurance would pay the loss of income on the bedroom rentals.
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 80
Posted: 4/18/2012 12:26:34 PM
Oh ^^^^ I know the answer to this one.....We have to have a pool boy. All 40+ year old women know the benefits of a pool boy. Heck, who cares if there isn't a pool- it's not like he'll have time to clean it anyway. :-)

I was going to say that but uk import beat me to it haha. And it doesn't matter about the pool...I'm sure we'll find "something" for him to do *wink*

Please ladies...reserve me a room.

...My reasons for not wanting to share living space has not changed. I am becoming more and more content with my lifestyle and the freedoms that come with being independant and single.

There's always a downside to co-habitating...ya'll know what I mean, or some of you do. Seriously, I've been alone for so long. I am selfish and have grown accustomed to having things "my way" There would have to be a lot of compromising...especially on my part..lol. I just don't know if I would be good at that anymore :(

Don't get me wrong, I do miss many aspects of being in a committed relationship. Like all the "good stuff" that comes with being part of a couple.... the intimacy, the body contact, the sharing. Mostly I think about how nice it would be to walk into a pair of strong arms and just be held. That hasn't happened in a long, long time. And it would be nice to know that someone is there "for me" for a change.

Soooooo.....I think the perfect senerio for me would be for me to maintain my own residence...he maintain his....but yet be exclusive to one another. Sleepovers are good....preferably his place hehe. Am I asking for too much?

But who knows what the future may bring....I haven't met anyone (as yet) that has made enough of an impression for me to want to change my line of thinking or give up my single lifestyle.

...mae
 moraima
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2012 12:42:21 PM
" Sleepovers are good....preferably his place hehe. Am I asking for too much?"

I vote for his place in my case too.

"But who knows what the future may bring....I haven't met anyone (as yet) that has made enough of an impression for me to want to change my line of thinking or give up my single lifestyle. "

Me neither..................oh well, such is life.

While I don't really want to move in with anyone, I do think about the financial side of things as we age. (I would live in a cardboard box before I would use a relationship for financial reasons.)

Here is Canada, our pensions are under attack. Who knows how much of a pension we will end up with. When we can no longer work/find work, renting out rooms in our homes maybe something we need to think about. I was thinking if I had too, I would rent out to grad. students, but renting to my peers would be so much better. I think a lot about what a change it would be to have others in my house. Don't know if I can do it.
 DameWrite
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2012 1:35:34 PM
LOL
I have lakefront! BTW don't mind the fishermen and nudists, they're harmless unless instructed otherwise ;)
 GrandmaBooBoo
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2012 1:39:52 PM

I have already checked with my insurance broker. 2 bedrooms rented out isn't too much more expensive for insurance, but more than that premiums go up. (Sorry to throw a serious bit in to the mix.) Apparently the reason is that if you had a fire, the insurance would pay the loss of income on the bedroom rentals.
Good info there Moriama, but I wasn't thinking of this as a "rental income"....more like just sharing actual expenses of utilities. House will be paid off by the time I'm ready to do this....BUT, as you point out, our retirement dollars are always in question due to inflation....if not some other hair brained stunt like the sub-prime mortgage idiots pulled. I do think however that insurance....if stipulated that you do not wish to cover "loss of income" wouldn't really be an issue.

LOL! I'm more concerned about trying to claim 6 or 8 roommates as "family members"...since my Home Owners Association doesn't allow "multiple family dwellings". I have to pay a $300 per year fee for my 15 yr old grandson to use the association facilities without me being physically "with" him. That's just for the use of the pools, rec center, private beaches and golf course. When he's 16....I think there's an additional fee that I'll have to pay for him to use the boat if I'm not actually "with" him. LOL! They probably have all these rules just to keep us from doing exactly what I'm talking about doing!
 moraima
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2012 2:09:18 PM
" I wasn't thinking of this as a "rental income"....more like just sharing actual expenses of utilities. "

H*ll, with what I pay in utilities, property taxes, the cost would be the same as rent. (Seriously!)

I could legally turn my house into a duplex. However, municipality requires all common walls and ceiling be ripped out and replaced with twice the thickness to install multiple inches of firewalls inside walls and ceilings.

There certainly is a cost to not wanting to move in with anybody.
 GrandmaBooBoo
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2012 6:34:40 PM

H*ll, with what I pay in utilities, property taxes, the cost would be the same as rent. (Seriously!)
:-) Well, again....this is NOT about money, it's about companionship when we don't really want to cohabitate within a "relationship".
Whether or not I have "roommates"...I still pay the SAME property taxes and Insurance, so it would hardly be fair to expect roommates with no ownership claim to pay those expenses. The only utilities which would go up would be electric and water. Cable/internet/phone would stay the same, trash collection...LOL! well, that might go up...but ...insignificantly. There's also a big difference between sharing ONE home with roommates...and opening an apartment complex. LOL! Think of it as a sorority/fraternity house...for OLD people!

There certainly is a cost to not wanting to move in with anybody.
???? I'm not sure what you mean? Again, this isn't about earning an income, nor do I need any assistance in maintaining my home. I plan to be carried out of here in a hearse...so whether I close off the extra 4 bedrooms and 3 baths, or take in a few friends who help out with the additional use of electric, water...and groceries is NOT a matter of finances....but what some of us consider a viable alternative to a "romantic co-habitation".

Stargazin....LOL! You're in charge of creating all new dances/drinks....

I just read this a little while ago:

Susan Brown, a sociologist at Bowling Green State University and co-director of the National Center for Family and Marriage Research, calls this "the gray divorce revolution."
She has been researching the topic, and presented her findings at the Ohio State University.

"We were really surprised to find that since 1990, the divorce rate for people over the age of 50 has actually doubled. And this is particularly remarkable because, for the overall U.S. population, divorce has remained quite stable for the last two decades," she said.

Ya know...I joke around and tell people that one day hubby and I looked at each other....with the SAME question...."what the hell are YOU still doing here?" It's like....once the kids were grown and gone....we realized how little we really had to talk about.
 c_deacon
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2012 6:52:32 PM
OMG.....This is sounding more and more like a college dorm....only for the mature......lol Do they not call this assisted living???........In many ways......pool notwithstanding?

cd
 GrandmaBooBoo
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2012 7:56:27 PM
LOL! C Deacon and Organic! EXACTLY!!! What the heck is the point of living this long if we can't be an "embarrassment" to our children? I want Sunday morning Mimosa and croissant breakfasts, Saturday night poker games, Friday night "Name that Star"gazing"...from the hot tub, there's this great little pub on the south end of the lake that has Karaoke on Thursday nights, corn hole, darts, pool...every other night...and they have live bands on the weekends. I'm personally a huge fan of watching the sunrise while out on the lake with a thermos of coffee and a fresh doughnut....but hey....I'm flexible, we can have the Mimosas in addition to the coffee! LOL!
 gigigrongbell
Msg: 88
Posted: 4/18/2012 9:27:57 PM
I was surprised at how many feel this way. Not a judgement. I have lived alone for 6 years but I think I am worth the aggravation to share my space with.
On the other hand my Smarties are right where I put 'em this morning.
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 89
Posted: 4/18/2012 11:43:05 PM

LOL!!! You guys/girls are really getting me excited about this now!!! LOL! I might have to add on a couple bedrooms!!!

Don't really need a pool as the community center is less than 1/2 mile away...and they have the indoor pool there. The outdoor pool is just across the lake, plus...I have plans to incorporate a hot tub when I finish the patio off the guest suite entrance.

Adding BlackLady's name to the reservation list. LOL! I got you hard working guys' names on there as well....we may have to double up and figure out a "rotation plan" LOL!

hey, I marketed it for you; can I get on the rotation list? This place sounds awesome :) (besides, I had a pool and a hot tub in the day growing up; I think I remember how they both work and how to maintain; so that whoever the pool guy ends up being can spend their time doing more important things... )
 Balsamica
Msg: 90
Posted: 4/18/2012 11:51:02 PM
Depends on who you are and what's in your nature.

I have a tendency to want to share, so I lean toward a shared life.
 Blah_User_Name
Msg: 91
Posted: 4/19/2012 5:30:03 AM

Note to self: Get a volleyball net to send to BooBoo. Buy a speedo for Deacon...........(the plumber/poolboy)!

Speedo for Deacon. Wow - that's a visual. Might need my pipes cleaning now. ;-)
 GrandmaBooBoo
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 4/19/2012 6:24:53 AM
LOL!!! at Stargazin! Nooo, we certainly wouldn't want to tie the bell on the "wrong thing". LOL! Now...is that for a warning signal...or are we going to have a "bell symphony"???

Volleyball nets are already installed at all 3 beaches. LOL! I do have a basketball hoop on the driveway though...and the community center also has a fairly nice baseball diamond...and I never see anyone playing there.

Adding MoonBeamLover to the list!
 Moonchild51
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 4/19/2012 6:35:10 AM
My kids have always teased me and said in my golden years I would find myself a living arrangement such as Grandma's digs! They said i would be the "Blanche" character which is totally fine by me! lol....

I seriously do think this type of communal living serves a huge purpose for a ton of different reasons. Always company, people to do things with, sharing of the chores....Communal Living for Seniors!!! Yaaaayyy!
 mjinict
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 4/19/2012 6:53:14 AM
There would probably also be the gossip, drama, and backstabbing that some girls/women can't seem to grow out of.
 BlackLady1953
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 4/19/2012 8:15:45 AM
When I was a "girl", I stayed far, far, far away from that gossip, drama, and backstabbing. Most of it was about men, anyway, and I wasn't all that frantic to "get and hold a man."

Still am not.....
 GrandmaBooBoo
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 4/19/2012 8:48:13 AM
LOL! Well...I definitely have the Maude personality pegged. As for the gosspiping and backstabbing....After spending 30+ years working with anywhere from 3500 to 4000 men, I came to realize that men are just as gossipy little whinners as a lot of women are. LOL! the guys would ROFL when I'd point to my tool box and tell another guy to go get a tampon outta there and stop his danged whinning! LOL! OMG...I DO sound like Maude!!!

We're setting up welds one night.....16" steam line.....LOTS and LOTS of grinding....some wimpy trainee....just whinning like a girl over it being so dirty...LOL! Thank God....he QUIT the next day....didn't want to get his wittle bitty hands dirty.
 Moonchild51
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Posted: 4/19/2012 8:57:47 AM
Yup Grandma, you would definately fit the character of Maude! lmao...so who will volunterr to be Rose and Sophia?

VVVV: Okay Miss Star! You have just been appointed BooBoo's corners, "Rose"! lmao...almost there now! And if we get a nice grey wig, me thinks Miss Import would do a fine job of the part for Sophia! lol (and that's is a good thing Import cuz I think Sophia rocks!)
 GrandmaBooBoo
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 4/19/2012 10:23:30 AM
LOL! It's already named Stargazin........."GrandmaBooBoo's Home for WAYWARD Seniors". NO serious, crotchedy, mean ole couch potatoes allowed!!!! In other words....you have to be a "Wayward" Senior to live here.
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 99
Posted: 4/19/2012 3:29:32 PM
Why do I get this vision that Grandma BooBoo's place is going to be the Golden Girls at Petticoat Junction, and does it show my age that I know about Petticoat Junction?
 Moonchild51
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 4/19/2012 4:31:40 PM
Must show mine then Mr. Blue cuz I totally remember Petticoat Junction. I loved it! lol
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Dosen't want to move in with anybody