Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > SlutWalk Brisbane 2012      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 HappyRocker
Msg: 25
view profile
History
SlutWalk Brisbane 2012Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)

Posted By: aussieblues on 4/15/2012 4:01:34 PM
If you were imprisoned; I wonder if your views on rape change. You're a purty young thang.

Unfortunately, the mainstream society myth that rapists will get their "just deserts" by being raped in prison is just that ... a myth. A manipulative sociopath outside prison is put into an environment where their skills are even more useful than out in mainstream society. In mainstream society there are many more checks and balances than in prison. The people raped in prison are those least able to defend themselves just as in main stream society.

No Virginia ... There is no comforting justice.
 MrsNaamah
Msg: 26
SlutWalk Brisbane 2012
Posted: 4/16/2012 4:57:01 PM
I'll bet people still laugh and point if you go out in a Borat Mankini.

Laughing and pointing...unpleasant to be on the receiving end for sure... but still vastly different to physically holding someone down, tearing the clothes off their body, and penetrating their orifices against their will.

That is only half his statement. He went on to say, " ...

Mankini jokes aside, there was more to the story about what triggered the first Slut Walk, and it's rather less humourous.

..... a month later in February in a Canada court. Hearing a rape case, the judge remarked that “sex was in the air” the evening of the alleged rape, as the victim’s dress may have given her assailant “the wrong impression” since she was wearing makeup, a short top and heels and had had a drink. The accused was found guilty but served no jail time; he was let off on probation ......

Look mate, you are guilty of having sex with this human being against her will, which is against the law, but she was wearing make up and had had a drink which is perfectly legal but in our eyes negates the law, so we'll just nod and wink and put our sympathies with you and put you back on the streets. Gosh, I wonder why they think attitudes need to change?
 greyingred
Msg: 27
view profile
History
SlutWalk Brisbane 2012
Posted: 4/18/2012 9:15:19 AM

anti-slut march....or something. [\quote]

obviously OP is not a fashionista of the underpant reigning supreme over falling down jeans...cos that brings out the sociopathic violent abuser in me...I give them a wedgy with their falling jeans if ugly and dream of dacking 'em if not. Actually by the premise that dressing slutty is what gets you raped then why aren't all the young men being buggered by gay sociopaths?

I have been on a few of the Reclaim the Night Marches because they are important....though I have always thought that it should be Claim the Night, because it has never been safe for women walking late at night on their own, only now in the last century(western civilisation) has it even been considered acceptable to be alone during the day let alone the night. I have had personal experience (whilst dressed in 1980's power business suits....not an effing slut glimpse in sight) whilst walking home late from work......TERRIFYING is the only thing I can say, so I took (with the advice of a local tramp who watched out for me and rescued me from the first one) to carrying a quarter brick in my bag. Two incidences later I solved the problem by moving out of London but resented it deeply cos it added two hours more to my working day.

There was some squeaking about feminists ranting etc...what a dill, an outright unbelievably dinosauric dill. Things are slowly changing...not with current older adult male generations, though it is improving. It is only by constant publicity that it will change...bit like women being allowed to vote...took a few radicals to get it going, hundreds more to bring it to the boil and thousands to keep it simmering until it tastes just right...can't believe I used cooking (I boil toast FFS) but big end, carbouretta, camshaft and gigabit, motherboard, ram just do not appeal beyond the surface level. Feminism is not a dirty word OP, your attitude towards one of the greatest humanist movements to benefit mankind however is.

I spent years often scantily clad on stage singing old time music hall, classical ballet etc....I never ever felt threatened by cast, crew or stagedoor would be suitors....had to fend off d*ckheads who assumed personality traits, but that is because they were as stupid as the brick in my bag. Tis not how you dress, but as one poster pointed out, it is unfortunately a culturally embedded male power ego often (quite rightly) thwarted within the male confraternity and transferred with a hefty dash of violent twisted logic that it is 'womans' fault.
 greyingred
Msg: 28
view profile
History
SlutWalk Brisbane 2012
Posted: 4/18/2012 9:18:25 AM
I give up with the quote thing tonight it is playing up as are the total lack of emoticons. and why are some of the words coming up blue? I really do not do computers do I?
 tinapenny
Msg: 29
SlutWalk Brisbane 2012
Posted: 4/18/2012 6:22:50 PM
It looks like a backslash in the second quote box instead of a forward slash. Might be it?
 Pookiessooverperth
Msg: 30
SlutWalk Brisbane 2012
Posted: 4/20/2012 12:04:28 AM
Any person who attends a protest rally does so in full knowledge that they possibly won’t change a damn thing. But if you go, you go in spite of that, because it is something you believe in and wish to add your voice towards a particular ideal or social change you believe has value. As long as they are non-violent,

quoting Mrs Namaah - cause the quotey thing aint working

Yeah see thats where that Gandhi guy thought process was coming from ..at one point he must have thought hey..Im just one small guy, a lawyer, one voice..can I really make a difference ? Can I really change a country ? Can I change anything and everything ??....mmm....I know I will sit down, I will be non violent...lets see how that works

and it did

One person can change everything and anything...if they believe......and thank god we live in a country where we can have a voice....protesting over whatever we want....the alternative makes me shutter
 gingerosity
Msg: 31
view profile
History
SlutWalk Brisbane 2012
Posted: 4/20/2012 1:27:13 AM

Any person who attends a protest rally does so in full knowledge that they possibly won’t change a damn thing.

..at one point he must have thought hey..Im just one small guy, a lawyer, one voice..can I really make a difference ?

I'm sure he would agree that the immediate external results (or lack of them) are nothing to be disheartened about if you really believe in what you are doing.

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.

Glory lies in the attempt to reach one's goal and not in reaching it.

Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

Quote thingy seems ok now
 GuessWhat1964
Msg: 32
SlutWalk Brisbane 2012
Posted: 6/20/2012 2:38:28 AM
When you put something out into the public arena, the public are going to judge. That is just human nature and that will never change...not for any reason. You can teach people how to be politically correct, but you can't stop them from feeling what they feel.

We can all dress how we want to dress, but imagine going to work in the office dressed in a skirt so short your underwear shows. People will make a judgement about your character withing a fraction of a second. No point blaming them....it's your responsibility how you present yourself. I don't agree with rape either.

The Americans have a saying: If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck.
 gingerosity
Msg: 33
view profile
History
SlutWalk Brisbane 2012
Posted: 6/20/2012 6:06:01 AM
^^^^ The Chinese have a saying, which roughly translated is: If it walks like a duck and has noble ancestors that originated in Peking, it's probably dinner

So I think we can safely conclude that Slutwalk is very much a multicultural event, not just limited to western society.
 GuessWhat1964
Msg: 34
SlutWalk Brisbane 2012
Posted: 6/21/2012 1:11:01 AM
Funny you should bring up China Ginger. I have been to China, and the ladies there all dress very modestly and conservatively. Could this be because they have personal pride and self respect....and could it be that their culture has taught them these values? What kind of a national culture encourages its women to dress like self confessed sluts? Would you want your mother or daughter dressing like this ? This question is posed for the forum in general, it is not directed at ginger personally.

I believe that rape carries the death penalty in China.
 HappyRocker
Msg: 35
view profile
History
SlutWalk Brisbane 2012
Posted: 6/27/2012 11:24:06 AM
I wonder if the sluts walked?

I know that I did ... from this forum.
 casandra67
Msg: 36
SlutWalk Brisbane 2012
Posted: 6/30/2012 10:08:03 PM
This is my opinion worth nothing to most on here but forums are for us to offer our opinions.

Do I think it is right to use the excuse a girl was dressed slutty so they deserved it. NO!
But. I also think we need to take responsibility for our own care aswell. When I went to Egypt where a high percentage of women wear a Hijab of one sort or another, I needed to wear covering clothes in the suburbs or risk being gropped. The opinions of a majority of men were that non muslim women were open to sexual attention. This is wrong thinking but it is the thinking so I took precautions.

Is it right that I cant walk the streets alone and feel safe, no it isnt but common sense tells me I would be stupid to do so.

The slut walk to me is like most protests, a group of people saying they arent happy and whats the harm in that.

Someone mentioned the lack of equality regarding a nun and a prostitute being raped and the sentence handed for each was different. Sentencing takes into consideration the severity to the victim. It was recognised that both had a crime upon them and you cannot deny that a nun would be more emotionally scared than a prostitute.
 WanderingRain
Msg: 37
view profile
History
SlutWalk Brisbane 2012
Posted: 7/1/2012 9:12:35 PM
agh... :) And they hold this event after I get back to the States?????:)
 Laidbackguy1964
Msg: 38
SlutWalk Brisbane 2012
Posted: 6/22/2017 4:47:26 AM
I think most should know by now, that the slut walks have nothing to do with what women wear and everything to do with the radical feminist hate agenda, against all men and boys

They created a fake rape culture to demonise all men and boys, they think every man is a rapist, they hate men with a passion, they are the most toxic group of haters ever to be created and the most disgusting, sexist, venomous vipers, on this earth....they want to take away the rights of men and boys, they want men to be submissive and castrate men of all our masculinity, they want a world in which women rule over men....they spew the venom of a million vipers and will never let up with their hate on men

It made me feel so sick discovering, such hate of my gender and I oppose this hate with a passion...I won't stand for this toxic wasteland, full of radical feminists and I will expose the hate, in anyway that I can

http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite/article/rape-culture-is-a-dangerous-myth/17102#.WUskjIWcFy0

http://www.thenativecanadian.com/2014/03/fake-rape-culture-story-exposed.html

https://www.avoiceformen.com/mens-rights/false-rape-culture/our-so-called-rape-culture/
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 39
view profile
History
SlutWalk Brisbane 2012
Posted: 6/23/2017 5:31:42 AM
Do pipe down, LBG/Leon. Men who aren't afraid of their own masculinity see feminism for what it is: a desire to be treated as an equal. Grow some balls and get an education.
 bejovial0k1
Msg: 40
SlutWalk Brisbane 2012
Posted: 8/5/2017 9:10:57 AM
No matter what your gender , like attracts like ,

if you are loud or drunk all the time ( whatever gender ) you are more likely to have someone punch your lights out

the same is true of you carry on like youre easy then people who find that attractive will be attracted to you

Rape is disgusting , and id agree anyone that does it should be buried under the prison but protesting wont change anything. Only because people who cross these lines dont care a bout what is right or wrong. So rules and regulations are not very effective.

Whats effective is carrying a weapon , and if someone tries to assault you , let them have it !

simple.
 bejovial0k1
Msg: 41
SlutWalk Brisbane 2012
Posted: 8/5/2017 3:00:53 PM
Id have to agree with you LBG

What i see ( and i imagine others ) is the core feminist agenda and that's to rescind any type of responsibility for their own actions.

That is really the trend if you examine it. Slut Walk i think deep down is a way for women who have been abused , to get some anger out and feel freed. I get that and exercising those emotions is healthy. But im worried that its promoting a culture of false audacity. You know the real answer to this problem is for women to learn how to defend them selves, how to pick a potentially dangerous situation before it happens and know how to deal with this when it arises.

I dont think there are many men that would argue against women dressing sexy and getting flirty and free, its fun and
98 % of men know this. Its the other 2 % you need to watch out for.

Have fun but for gods sake be safe about it , dont throw caution to the wind just to have a fun night out.

If we have to force all criminals to abide by decent behavior models then its best to get to them before they became a criminal.... not once they have committed to being one.. .

If thats the case then there shouldn't be any rules stopping us from drink driving ! So what if it causes some casualties , its the other persons fault for getting in the way of my fun ! i mean driving like a looney off your trolley is fun and we should have a right to enjoy that ! ( this is a joke illustrating how not having responsibility can cause harm to your self and others )
Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > SlutWalk Brisbane 2012