Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Don't Get Responses Anymore      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DuncanRnB
Msg: 23
Don't Get Responses AnymorePage 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I couldn't agree with you more moviemaniac83! I spend a ton of time looking at their profile and then asking them questions based on their discription but only rarely get a response... Those guys who do send really short or really crude messages should really learn some manners. Not only is it creating problems for them but it's creating problems for everybody.
 starofgaia
Msg: 24
Don't Get Responses Anymore
Posted: 5/7/2012 3:42:09 AM
Most people don't know what they want. Their attention and intellect are so limited that they're unable to make most decisions, the slightest of those extending a thanks for your e-mail. If you have been around long enough, you're likely to recede to the back of the queue as newer members get the benefit of being diminutively advertised until their free subscription fails them, too.
 Truth2882
Msg: 25
Posted: 5/7/2012 5:53:54 PM
No one gets responses on here.
 Lionesse19
Msg: 26
Posted: 5/7/2012 9:20:40 PM
If you got responses at all then you were doing better than most. Did you meet any of the girls at all?
Were they genuine?? WHy bother to contact a woman you only feel a slight interest in for whatever reason?
If a girl doesnt like your pic she wont be interested in your messages or profile or whatever you may write, and the same with guys.
I
 SirDorksAlot
Msg: 27
Posted: 5/8/2012 1:29:45 PM

No one gets responses on here.

true because people are just here for browsing and forums to kill time at work... that's it LOL
 Sunshinelady555
Msg: 28
Posted: 5/8/2012 3:15:58 PM
Many Women on POF get lots of Messages, I know I do
and I'm an older lady. I have to say the messages are nice
and short and I like First contacts that way. I usually reply
to all messages. I'm talking to a man now and I have had
3 new messages just today, now I have to say ...I am not into
meeting anyone New right now. LOL
Point is many ladies have already found someone they are chatting with.
And many women do not answer emails , when they are talking to someone Already.
 Blackout478
Msg: 29
Posted: 5/19/2012 10:46:02 PM
Its all part of the chase, sometimes you have to be creative. I found the perfect first message that is funny, flattering and is 90% effective in getting some reaction from women. Women who look at my page and don't write me I figured out a effective message to send them that always gets a message in return. Normally, if you respond to me I can close the deal after that. It's about message brother!
 Lionesse19
Msg: 30
Posted: 5/20/2012 12:01:08 AM
You may have gotten responses but how many dates have you been on, from here??Full length shot and smiling for sure is what you need. So we can see if you really are average.
There are more and more sleazies and players on the sites with the increase in membership and women can be picky apart from being very wary nowadays. Depends on who you are contacting as to whether you will have any success. Men who are 4 should not bother with 7-8 women who may or may not be genuine. That is a big mistake that you guys make, nothing personal. You need to find your level. Just saying.
 Lionesse19
Msg: 31
Posted: 5/20/2012 12:12:30 AM
texasnightowl

They are probably going dutch as it should be with first meets anyway. So a couple of meets a week, but does he see them again, fat or not? He may be settling for the fat woman especially if he is broke. He may also be lying.
 Freewill2012
Msg: 32
Posted: 5/20/2012 3:33:54 AM
One thing I've noticed is ever since POF had this option to "upgrade" to a better membership, I've really gotten far, far, far less responses than I use to get a few years ago when it was 100% free. That is my number 1 issue. 2. The reality is these women have been approached by far too many stalker types. Atleast from what I have been told by women on this site. You got desperate men saying I love you after 2 or 3 conversations over the phone. Which makes getting a phone number from a girl makes you now look desperate. Thank you stalkers really appreciate it. And the woman you are interested in that you put so much effort writing a detailed message to does not respond. I admit it's a confidence destroyer. So you end up messaging someone you would never message in millions of years and they don't respond? That messes with your self-esteem Take comfort in knowing with this economy women on this site have champagne taste with beer money. Take your stuck up ass to LEE-harmony if ure not responding to anyone. And quit putting your Latch dot com requirements on P.o.f. Trust me its not you buddy. So now I recommend going to a site you will unfortunately have to pay for, but trust you will get what you pay for. As far as POF is concerned its simply not as responsive as it used to be. My problem now is getting a response altogether from anyone. Before if I would chat over the phone with a girl I had and still have enough confidence in my conversation that it would progress to a possible date. And if not no hard feelings. But again women on here whine and whine about you needing to be creative with messages and all that. But as you adequately explain it goes unread deleted. Waste of time. Truth is the attractive women on here or atleast the ones you really make an effort towards are looking to be surprised, stand out from the others, entertained, and impressed because its all about their vanity now at this point. It goes a little something like this: Looking for honesty, loyalty, respect acceptance of my children they are my world and that will never change and they will always come first ( We already knows this How do you get motivated to want to be with someone who is gonna put her kids first, herself 2nd, her family and friends 3rd and you NUMBER 4) or whatever is just a fiction. They are going on pure looks on websites like these. Because to know someones personality you have to speak with them either on the phone or in person or really it takes a an honest effort to communicate. Girls nowadays put in half the effort. And how many weeks and months do we waste messaging someone before you realize once you finally have a conversation with them they lack a large amount of intelligence or just common sense trying to build up some type of waiting period before being able to talk to them. As a result of this new found broke-girl snobbiness. If someone I'm looking for, with good looks great education great family values, I am now intimidated to even try to respond to at this point because of the oversaturation of fat girls on this site. Thanks P.O.F. go back to being free. I'm gonna try speed dating atleast they don't waste your time before they blueball you and you never hear from them again. Good luck buddy. Best remedy is to go out there and approach a drunk woman at the club and ask for her number if she's not with it? Treat her like Hollywood treats everyone give them 15 minutes of your time and don't devote another second more than that because the reality is we have wasted so much time already countless unread deleted emails. Good luck to you and be prepared for rejection my friend.
 Easylover7619
Msg: 33
Posted: 5/20/2012 6:56:54 AM
I actually did an experiment on here once. I put up a picture of a male model with jibberish for my profile and in a span of 5 mins I had messages from 10 women wanting to get to know me better
 itechman63
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 5/20/2012 1:21:14 PM
Some days you eat the bar. Other days he eats you. I've been off and on here for awhile and my experience is that if you charted it that it would look like an analog sound wave. Geography, seasons... it all plays into it.
 Blackout478
Msg: 35
Posted: 5/21/2012 10:55:28 PM
if i was to screen shot my inbox, some of you guys would want to put a gun in your mouth. I didn't realize men on pof had this many problems meeting women until I came to the forums. I always have 8-10 messages waiting for me and normally with in 2-3 messages the women is giving me her number. Its all about the conversation.
 Blackout478
Msg: 36
Posted: 5/23/2012 3:19:12 AM
Well i gota bout 15 numbers this week and its only wednesday. I'm not understanding what you guys are putting in these messages that don't ever get responses to. I have a 2 dates today and one on friday. But I honestly think i am going to focus on one women that i met on here, because me and her seem to connect real good and I feel we have the most chemistry. It's all in who you message I guess.
 Blackout478
Msg: 37
Posted: 5/23/2012 3:19:32 AM
Well i got about 15 numbers this week and its only wednesday. I'm not understanding what you guys are putting in these messages that don't ever get responses to. I have a 2 dates today and one on friday. But I honestly think i am going to focus on one women that i met on here, because me and her seem to connect real good and I feel we have the most chemistry. It's all in who you message I guess.
 smashingmayo
Msg: 38
Posted: 5/23/2012 3:52:09 AM
Not really it's who sends the messages because they're not responding based on the emssage, they're responding based on looks alone. At least I assume so.
 Shiastsu4U
Msg: 39
Posted: 5/23/2012 6:21:33 AM
Bottom line. All women ( fat, skinny, ugly, hot, poor, rich) like pretty ! Pretty clothes, pretty shoes, pretty pictures, pretty wallpaper, pretty pretty. Ya got it ! And oh my, pretty men. Go figure. And men are called shallow ?
 Blackout478
Msg: 40
Posted: 5/23/2012 4:36:56 PM
i didn't know people where having problems getting responses on this site until i came to the forum. I got 3 numbers just today and I thought i was doing average. I didn't think it was my pictures til i was gone all day checked today and got 3 numbers randomly without sending a message but they wrote me first. Are women that superficial?
 iMacgirl
Msg: 41
Posted: 5/24/2012 1:27:19 AM
sepaseven8 why don't you delete this profile and open a new one, new name different pictures.
Best of luck...
 ArticLife
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 5/27/2012 9:33:52 PM
I bet is it's just bad luck. Online dating is merely a numbers game.

Technically speaking, you could message 20 girls and get 20 replies. Or message a thousand and get none. It all depends on who you're sending it too.

I would relax about it, keep trying. If after 6 months you're still not getting any messages I would say there might be something odd at work but after one month, I'm betting it's nothing more than a bad roll of the dice.
 EvilVeggie
Msg: 43
Posted: 6/18/2012 2:38:28 PM
Personally I tend to pull something from their profile and talk about that. But not over a sentence or 2. That way it breaks the ice without going over the top. If they don't respond, its their loss. :)

peas
 troynm
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2012 5:33:59 PM
Yeah I think it's silly to write detailed messages to people you don't know. I don't know why anyone would expect that. People of both genders only reply based on the pics on here anyway.
 BlackJacket87
Msg: 45
Posted: 6/19/2012 1:33:15 PM
People still go to Walmart? Target is where it's at.

The first time I tried this site was two years ago, and that lasted only three days cause I wasn't willing to put the effort in. Now I'm really trying and I've gotten several replies, but I only talk to a few girls on here because it'd be nice to be friends with some of them and I'm interested in two of them. Nothing serious but I am meeting one up soon. It's free and people go in and out as they please, but I think also because of it being free you'll find just about ANYONE here and that says something about quality. Also, with any dating website you just have to keep at it, and sometimes its nice to find a friend rather than just looking for someone to date. Of course if you get something like that out of it, more power to you.
 OutMind
Msg: 46
Posted: 6/19/2012 2:20:00 PM
Take a look at it from the other side. Women have seen your profile here. They may have received one of your emails. And they are not interested. Is that simple.

You are only going to attract women that are new. If you are using stock letters and fillers, guess what, they are not working for you. Write something that feels personal and reflects something they said in their profile. End it up ALWAYs with a question, or something that they have to respond.
 Bluegold007
Msg: 47
Posted: 5/13/2013 6:57:18 AM

No surprise here, women never bother to respond to a message - granted you don't expect them too if the messages are just after sex or similar, but when someone took the time to write a couple of paragraphs relevant to your profile and was perfectly polite, friendly and didn't speak in text-talk, a simple "thanks for the message but sorry you don't float my boat in looks" wouldn't go amiss, though we all know that's what you're thinking anyway.

I agree, when i had a pic up, and was searching, i've had no luck either. Now im just here for the forums. Online dating blows if your a guy. Women here have so many choices, it turns them into... Well better not say it,lol. Don't wanna violate rules
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Don't Get Responses Anymore