Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Don't Get Responses Anymore      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Blackout478
Msg: 40
Don't Get Responses AnymorePage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
i didn't know people where having problems getting responses on this site until i came to the forum. I got 3 numbers just today and I thought i was doing average. I didn't think it was my pictures til i was gone all day checked today and got 3 numbers randomly without sending a message but they wrote me first. Are women that superficial?
 iMacgirl
Msg: 41
Don't Get Responses Anymore
Posted: 5/24/2012 1:27:19 AM
sepaseven8 why don't you delete this profile and open a new one, new name different pictures.
Best of luck...
 ArticLife
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 5/27/2012 9:33:52 PM
I bet is it's just bad luck. Online dating is merely a numbers game.

Technically speaking, you could message 20 girls and get 20 replies. Or message a thousand and get none. It all depends on who you're sending it too.

I would relax about it, keep trying. If after 6 months you're still not getting any messages I would say there might be something odd at work but after one month, I'm betting it's nothing more than a bad roll of the dice.
 EvilVeggie
Msg: 43
Posted: 6/18/2012 2:38:28 PM
Personally I tend to pull something from their profile and talk about that. But not over a sentence or 2. That way it breaks the ice without going over the top. If they don't respond, its their loss. :)

peas
 troynm
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2012 5:33:59 PM
Yeah I think it's silly to write detailed messages to people you don't know. I don't know why anyone would expect that. People of both genders only reply based on the pics on here anyway.
 BlackJacket87
Msg: 45
Posted: 6/19/2012 1:33:15 PM
People still go to Walmart? Target is where it's at.

The first time I tried this site was two years ago, and that lasted only three days cause I wasn't willing to put the effort in. Now I'm really trying and I've gotten several replies, but I only talk to a few girls on here because it'd be nice to be friends with some of them and I'm interested in two of them. Nothing serious but I am meeting one up soon. It's free and people go in and out as they please, but I think also because of it being free you'll find just about ANYONE here and that says something about quality. Also, with any dating website you just have to keep at it, and sometimes its nice to find a friend rather than just looking for someone to date. Of course if you get something like that out of it, more power to you.
 OutMind
Msg: 46
Posted: 6/19/2012 2:20:00 PM
Take a look at it from the other side. Women have seen your profile here. They may have received one of your emails. And they are not interested. Is that simple.

You are only going to attract women that are new. If you are using stock letters and fillers, guess what, they are not working for you. Write something that feels personal and reflects something they said in their profile. End it up ALWAYs with a question, or something that they have to respond.
 Bluegold007
Msg: 47
Posted: 5/13/2013 6:57:18 AM

No surprise here, women never bother to respond to a message - granted you don't expect them too if the messages are just after sex or similar, but when someone took the time to write a couple of paragraphs relevant to your profile and was perfectly polite, friendly and didn't speak in text-talk, a simple "thanks for the message but sorry you don't float my boat in looks" wouldn't go amiss, though we all know that's what you're thinking anyway.

I agree, when i had a pic up, and was searching, i've had no luck either. Now im just here for the forums. Online dating blows if your a guy. Women here have so many choices, it turns them into... Well better not say it,lol. Don't wanna violate rules
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Don't Get Responses Anymore