Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 motown_cowgirl
Msg: 44
Sex texting questionsPage 2 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
A cleavage shot is not synonymous with consent.

You are right, it isn’t synonymous with consent unless there is also a sign that says “press here” or “computer issues”.
But that never stopped some women from demurely suggesting it.....
......Nor many gently encouraged men from rushing to interpet it that way.
As we all know.
Tee hee.
 LovelyMe73
Msg: 46
Sex texting questions
Posted: 4/19/2012 8:19:31 AM
thats pretty much most of them.. whether its on here or out in the public..
 fla333
Msg: 47
Sex texting questions
Posted: 4/19/2012 8:52:48 AM
agreed........ it is to be expected.......u don't have to like it or accept it, BUT expect it
 Casper66
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Sex texting questions
Posted: 4/19/2012 8:56:14 AM
Agree completely with Cindy O, I've never had the problems in the past that I have now with online dating, IMs, texting and webcam, which I don't use at all now due to the penis pics and unwanted sex talk after 2 minutes of chat, it's easy when you don't have to face the person. OP you did the right thing for you and thats all that counts, he made assumptions that you would be fine with this type of behaviour, block and delete are your best friends.
 thepigofyourdreams
Msg: 49
Sex texting questions
Posted: 4/19/2012 9:06:37 AM
Ok, I have to ask. I see women here all the time bellyaching about men posing in pictures with no shirt on. They judge his ENTIRE CHARACTER on it, yet women can post pictures of cleavage, and anyone who judges her on it in any regard is wrong in doing so??

Oh, and I would be remiss if I did not state that Ocala is indeed a hellhole that should be avoided at all costs.
 sddude
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Sex texting questions
Posted: 4/19/2012 10:10:12 AM
Well women are sensitive to this because sexual pressures is constant from guys, makes women feel like a peice of meat and less worth as a woman.

On the other hand if it happened to a guy most would say wow and respond back for hours, several personal experiences and it even evolved into naked cams naked multimedia pics to my phone from the women I met.

Your feeling of anger stems from what you expected of a man, the opposite sex, the respect, thoughts and acctions
toward your person . He sees you as less and you see him as less too.

Some girls are pervert girls and would salivate upon reading such texts , I have friends like that , others would break down and cry or fume from the ears.
 Ocee
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Sex texting questions
Posted: 4/20/2012 1:16:15 AM
You just didn't like him.

This wasn't some randomer texting you out of the blue about your bits and pieces. This was a man you went out with, and kissed. More than once. It's absolutely your right to not like it, and not seem him again, but is it really necessary to demonize him? Some men, after the kissing part and before the naked part ramp up the sex talk. It's called reconnaissance.
 Ocee
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Sex texting questions
Posted: 4/20/2012 1:42:34 AM

"Ramping up" implies a gradual incline and that is reconnaissance, where retreats and advances can be judged as appropriate in support of the campaign.

He clearly made a mess of assessing the OP's boundaries, but it seems possible he recieved inaccurate coordinates

during the drinks and kissing mission.
 thepigofyourdreams
Msg: 57
Sex texting questions
Posted: 4/20/2012 3:54:11 AM
I would really like to hear the guy's side of this story.

I can't fault the guy for trying to take things to the next level, but I do think doing it via text is gutless and impersonal. I really loathe texting to begin with, frankly.
 Pinky127
Msg: 58
Sex texting questions
Posted: 4/20/2012 4:43:27 AM
Op,he's a Tool.
I dont understand why he would think you'd like this?

N E X T!!
 newstart1949
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Sex texting questions
Posted: 2/10/2015 8:05:18 PM
I think what gets me is the guy who start sextxing even before you have met.
Was emailing with a guy for the last couple of weeks, and yes we were doing some bantering around; Hugs, kisses and then next thing I know it was like the OP said I got some explicit texts..Got called a prude on top of it when I said he had crossed the line... Like I told the guy I have not even met you and that is something I don't do, especially with strangers...
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 63
Sex texting questions
Posted: 2/10/2015 8:14:06 PM
I've NEVER sent one.

I've gotten plenty of boob and butt pics.

Duly noted and grateful.

I guess I'm old fashioned, but I'd rather show my appreciation for her in the bedroom and not on a screen.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 64
Sex texting questions
Posted: 2/10/2015 8:16:30 PM

I've NEVER sent one.

Me neither.

I've gotten plenty of boob and butt pics.

I've gotten a few here and there.

I'd like to get more.
 petula1908
Msg: 65
Sex texting questions
Posted: 2/10/2015 8:20:07 PM
You met a few times and he probably bought all the drinks but how crass is it to get sexplicit with the robotic texting? Do they think that is going to turn a woman on? Same with the d i ck pics.

The ones that get down and dirty without meeting you, at least you do not waste your time with arranging to see them. I do not care what pics are posted on a site, there is no excuse for a man to be so sexplicit unless you have an understanding already and are intending to get intimate and it has been discussed, in person.

I would not bother to get angry, just shrug it off if you do not want to see him. Block and delete.
 Trynottobecreepy
Msg: 66
Sex texting questions
Posted: 2/10/2015 9:19:20 PM
I feel that calling this guy a "tool" seriously undermines the fact that he has engaged in sexual harassment - according to Canadian law, at least.
 petula1908
Msg: 67
Sex texting questions
Posted: 2/10/2015 11:12:26 PM
Pretty sad when some older geezer in his sixties I am presuming, resorts to these juvenile tactics with sexting.
I bet he would not be game to say what he texted to you, in real life nor live up to what he wanted to do, I am betting.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 68
Sex texting questions
Posted: 2/10/2015 11:28:53 PM
honeybeecharmer1- I've had it happen and worse, nothing like sending some getting to know you texts and all of a sudden receiving a 'ick pic :0 :D
It will probably happen again, so don't be surprised.
You know what they say about ASSuming, yup, he ASSumed.
Block his profile, block his texts and move on. Sending a snarky reply would probably feel good, but hardly worth your time.
Happy Fishing, going forward :)
 forumfellathesequel
Msg: 69
Sex texting questions
Posted: 2/11/2015 2:24:39 AM

I've NEVER sent one.

Meh, I have...some women actually enjoy it, and have been the one too initiate it...if they deem it inappropriate, say so, if it continues, block his ass.
 Dee4166
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Sex texting questions
Posted: 2/11/2015 3:00:12 AM
Don't do this unless it's with a man that I'm involved with and am DEFINITELY not interested in doing it with someone that I haven't even MET!!!!
LOL

Sweet Jaysus!!! Is there NO 'romance' anymore?!?!?!!?
lmao

Still haven;t gotten any "d!ck pics" though...I ALMOST feel left out...ROTFLMAO
 Ouija2025
Msg: 71
Sex texting questions
Posted: 2/11/2015 5:29:24 AM
Few times I tried to send the Man a sex text..
my phone auto corrected and I didn't notice before I hit send
LOL. Sad really
 Cdan1957
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Sex texting questions
Posted: 2/11/2015 8:30:02 AM
Anytime I read threads like this I always get a visual image of a skit from Groove tube.....if you remember this you are old too!!

Had a woman ask me for a crotch picture once, so I sent it. She responded, "nice jeans!"
 gtomustang
Msg: 73
touch image to enlarge
Posted: 2/11/2015 8:35:54 AM
yep, another first time caller/long time no 'ickpicker.

don't remember the Groove tube, but how ironic to bring that to this conversation :)

Phone screens just aren't big enough, and everything gets stored on record somewhere. That alone seems to me a great reason not to pick some chick to flic a risky pic of my stick to click.

I only read the first and last posts, sounds like the fellow thought a few kisses was enough foreplay to drop trou. doesn't know that anticipation is sexy to some. maybe Beyonce should redo the PointerSister's old song, "Slow Hand" to remind the new crew of how to ratchet up interest?
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 74
Sex texting questions
Posted: 2/11/2015 8:41:00 AM
I love sexting with my girlfriend. It can get really hot, very quickly and it's a lot of fun.

Of course, there's one huge cabeat, we have already had plenty of REAL sex.
I think that men that do it before they have been intimate with the woman are a little creepy. Built the intimacy first, build the communication and trust first, exchange some real fluids first, before you start sending this type of message.

Unfortunately many men think that is going to get them laid faster. And perhaps it works for some of them. It never worked for me. And what I mean here, since I have never initiated the sex talk with a stranger, when a woman has turned the conversation sexual, nine out of ten times she is a tease. Those are the women that don't show up to the meet up. Or that in reality their photos are 10 years old and 40 lbs heavier.

Now, if you are in a relationship, I think it's kind of healthy and fun. You can even up it another notch. Send her sexual letters, tell her a little story, get her all romanced and excited.
 newstart1949
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Sex texting questions
Posted: 2/11/2015 10:55:56 AM

Of course, there's one huge cabeat, we have already had plenty of REAL sex.
I think that men that do it before they have been intimate with the woman are a little creepy. Built the intimacy first, build the communication and trust first, exchange some real fluids first, before you start sending this type of message.

These are my thoughts exactly. It is very creepy to have this happen, especially with all the stories out there of people who are not who they proclaim to be.
Playful banter is one thing, but picture or real descriptive sexual texts is another.
 ohenryx
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Sex texting questions
Posted: 2/11/2015 10:59:59 AM
Talk about beating a dead horse.

One of the (few) advantages to having a paid membership is that I can view the OP's profile, and see that she has not logged into this site since July of 2012.

InnerGorilla
Unfortunately many men think that is going to get them laid faster. And perhaps it works for some of them. It never worked for me. And what I mean here, since I have never initiated the sex talk with a stranger, when a woman has turned the conversation sexual, nine out of ten times she is a tease. Those are the women that don't show up to the meet up. Or that in reality their photos are 10 years old and 40 lbs heavier.

I used to hold the same opinion as InnerGorilla. However, things are changing. These days, women often initiate sex talk. Or, at least some women do. Not a majority, but definitely more than the 10% suggested by InnerGorilla. And most of them are not just "teasing".
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >