Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Pinky127
Msg: 58
Sex texting questionsPage 3 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Op,he's a Tool.
I dont understand why he would think you'd like this?

N E X T!!
 newstart1949
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Sex texting questions
Posted: 2/10/2015 8:05:18 PM
I think what gets me is the guy who start sextxing even before you have met.
Was emailing with a guy for the last couple of weeks, and yes we were doing some bantering around; Hugs, kisses and then next thing I know it was like the OP said I got some explicit texts..Got called a prude on top of it when I said he had crossed the line... Like I told the guy I have not even met you and that is something I don't do, especially with strangers...
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 63
Sex texting questions
Posted: 2/10/2015 8:14:06 PM
I've NEVER sent one.

I've gotten plenty of boob and butt pics.

Duly noted and grateful.

I guess I'm old fashioned, but I'd rather show my appreciation for her in the bedroom and not on a screen.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 64
Sex texting questions
Posted: 2/10/2015 8:16:30 PM

I've NEVER sent one.

Me neither.

I've gotten plenty of boob and butt pics.

I've gotten a few here and there.

I'd like to get more.
 petula1908
Msg: 65
Sex texting questions
Posted: 2/10/2015 8:20:07 PM
You met a few times and he probably bought all the drinks but how crass is it to get sexplicit with the robotic texting? Do they think that is going to turn a woman on? Same with the d i ck pics.

The ones that get down and dirty without meeting you, at least you do not waste your time with arranging to see them. I do not care what pics are posted on a site, there is no excuse for a man to be so sexplicit unless you have an understanding already and are intending to get intimate and it has been discussed, in person.

I would not bother to get angry, just shrug it off if you do not want to see him. Block and delete.
 Trynottobecreepy
Msg: 66
Sex texting questions
Posted: 2/10/2015 9:19:20 PM
I feel that calling this guy a "tool" seriously undermines the fact that he has engaged in sexual harassment - according to Canadian law, at least.
 petula1908
Msg: 67
Sex texting questions
Posted: 2/10/2015 11:12:26 PM
Pretty sad when some older geezer in his sixties I am presuming, resorts to these juvenile tactics with sexting.
I bet he would not be game to say what he texted to you, in real life nor live up to what he wanted to do, I am betting.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 68
Sex texting questions
Posted: 2/10/2015 11:28:53 PM
honeybeecharmer1- I've had it happen and worse, nothing like sending some getting to know you texts and all of a sudden receiving a 'ick pic :0 :D
It will probably happen again, so don't be surprised.
You know what they say about ASSuming, yup, he ASSumed.
Block his profile, block his texts and move on. Sending a snarky reply would probably feel good, but hardly worth your time.
Happy Fishing, going forward :)
 forumfellathesequel
Msg: 69
Sex texting questions
Posted: 2/11/2015 2:24:39 AM

I've NEVER sent one.

Meh, I have...some women actually enjoy it, and have been the one too initiate it...if they deem it inappropriate, say so, if it continues, block his ass.
 Dee4166
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Sex texting questions
Posted: 2/11/2015 3:00:12 AM
Don't do this unless it's with a man that I'm involved with and am DEFINITELY not interested in doing it with someone that I haven't even MET!!!!
LOL

Sweet Jaysus!!! Is there NO 'romance' anymore?!?!?!!?
lmao

Still haven;t gotten any "d!ck pics" though...I ALMOST feel left out...ROTFLMAO
 Ouija2025
Msg: 71
Sex texting questions
Posted: 2/11/2015 5:29:24 AM
Few times I tried to send the Man a sex text..
my phone auto corrected and I didn't notice before I hit send
LOL. Sad really
 Cdan1957
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Sex texting questions
Posted: 2/11/2015 8:30:02 AM
Anytime I read threads like this I always get a visual image of a skit from Groove tube.....if you remember this you are old too!!

Had a woman ask me for a crotch picture once, so I sent it. She responded, "nice jeans!"
 gtomustang
Msg: 73
touch image to enlarge
Posted: 2/11/2015 8:35:54 AM
yep, another first time caller/long time no 'ickpicker.

don't remember the Groove tube, but how ironic to bring that to this conversation :)

Phone screens just aren't big enough, and everything gets stored on record somewhere. That alone seems to me a great reason not to pick some chick to flic a risky pic of my stick to click.

I only read the first and last posts, sounds like the fellow thought a few kisses was enough foreplay to drop trou. doesn't know that anticipation is sexy to some. maybe Beyonce should redo the PointerSister's old song, "Slow Hand" to remind the new crew of how to ratchet up interest?
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 74
Sex texting questions
Posted: 2/11/2015 8:41:00 AM
I love sexting with my girlfriend. It can get really hot, very quickly and it's a lot of fun.

Of course, there's one huge cabeat, we have already had plenty of REAL sex.
I think that men that do it before they have been intimate with the woman are a little creepy. Built the intimacy first, build the communication and trust first, exchange some real fluids first, before you start sending this type of message.

Unfortunately many men think that is going to get them laid faster. And perhaps it works for some of them. It never worked for me. And what I mean here, since I have never initiated the sex talk with a stranger, when a woman has turned the conversation sexual, nine out of ten times she is a tease. Those are the women that don't show up to the meet up. Or that in reality their photos are 10 years old and 40 lbs heavier.

Now, if you are in a relationship, I think it's kind of healthy and fun. You can even up it another notch. Send her sexual letters, tell her a little story, get her all romanced and excited.
 newstart1949
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Sex texting questions
Posted: 2/11/2015 10:55:56 AM

Of course, there's one huge cabeat, we have already had plenty of REAL sex.
I think that men that do it before they have been intimate with the woman are a little creepy. Built the intimacy first, build the communication and trust first, exchange some real fluids first, before you start sending this type of message.

These are my thoughts exactly. It is very creepy to have this happen, especially with all the stories out there of people who are not who they proclaim to be.
Playful banter is one thing, but picture or real descriptive sexual texts is another.
 ohenryx
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Sex texting questions
Posted: 2/11/2015 10:59:59 AM
Talk about beating a dead horse.

One of the (few) advantages to having a paid membership is that I can view the OP's profile, and see that she has not logged into this site since July of 2012.

InnerGorilla
Unfortunately many men think that is going to get them laid faster. And perhaps it works for some of them. It never worked for me. And what I mean here, since I have never initiated the sex talk with a stranger, when a woman has turned the conversation sexual, nine out of ten times she is a tease. Those are the women that don't show up to the meet up. Or that in reality their photos are 10 years old and 40 lbs heavier.

I used to hold the same opinion as InnerGorilla. However, things are changing. These days, women often initiate sex talk. Or, at least some women do. Not a majority, but definitely more than the 10% suggested by InnerGorilla. And most of them are not just "teasing".
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 77
Sex texting questions
Posted: 2/11/2015 2:16:40 PM

And most of them are not just "teasing".

Lucky you. That is awesome. That has not been my experience. There are plenty of women that take the conversation there, but more often than not they just want to play online. I had a while back this one girl that used to send me lingerie pictures of herself. They were quite explicit, but every time we talked about the get together, something came up. There was another one that did all the talk and stuff, but the day of our date back down. She was kind of brutally honest. She said that she liked me and because of that she now did not want to meet, since if we met, I more than likely wanted to take it to the next level right away and she felt that she may like me for more. Don't understand that logic, but it's what she told me.

The interesting thing is that the women that has turned out to be the most sexual, with the biggest libido and drive, were very Mary Poppins in their approach.
 petula1908
Msg: 78
Sex texting questions
Posted: 2/11/2015 3:11:57 PM
If a gal initiates sexting that is one thing, but unsolicited sexual messages and d i c k pics are just a huge turn off for most of us, especially if we have not met. It is the same thing as flashing and you can get charged with indecent exposure for that. E-flashing should be an offence.
 Siennarh
Msg: 79
Sex texting questions
Posted: 5/8/2015 7:43:30 AM
Great for some entertainment and fun but bad for long term.
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 80
Sex texting questions
Posted: 5/8/2015 1:24:01 PM

If a gal initiates sexting that is one thing, but unsolicited sexual messages and d i c k pics are just a huge turn off for most of us, especially if we have not met. It is the same thing as flashing and you can get charged with indecent exposure for that. E-flashing should be an offence.

Even if the woman initiates sexting I ignore it. Why? 99 percent of the time, if you are sexting before meeting theres that huge chance that she is a tease, that she does not want to meet, that she is just going to do thing online, that her photos are either 20 years-old or 30 lbs heavier.

So even when they have sexed, I ignored.
 clooneystutor
Msg: 81
Sex texting questions
Posted: 5/8/2015 1:32:36 PM

if you are sexting before meeting theres that huge chance that she is a tease

This has been my experience as well.

Mocking the visual nature of men. A flocking of the feathers to keep you on the hook and get you to soften up for them interview questions.

They've never flaked on me, but yeah, they're often teasers.

Strictly coffee dates for these types.
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 82
Sex texting questions
Posted: 5/8/2015 2:11:53 PM

They've never flaked on me, but yeah, they're often teasers.

They never showed up. They either cancelled, or stood me up.

I like the naive ones that then when you meet them are quite naughty afterwards.
 Eternityboreme
Msg: 83
Sex texting questions
Posted: 5/8/2015 2:57:04 PM

Strictly coffee dates for these types.

They don't even deserve that.
 VolkanoKing
Msg: 84
Sex texting questions
Posted: 5/8/2015 4:21:12 PM
Back to the original question:

"I met a person on this site. Only met with him a few times for drinks and no sexual encounters. Nothing more than a few kisses and he started sex texting me with explicit messages. What are your thoughts on this?"

My thoughts are that this is nothing new, nothing out of the ordinary for online dating, which consists basically of loads of people looking for a hook up. The guy is looking for sex. Consider him a cheap john looking for a cheap hook up. That's really about all it is. You are a piece of meat to him. That's it. Case closed.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Sex texting questions
Posted: 5/8/2015 5:06:56 PM
I've heard of sexting, never got one. Always seemed pretty dry to me. But then, I couldn't see the draw to dirty mags, XXX rated videos, and all of that nonsense. If it isn't in front of me and live, then why bother?
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >