Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Broken Meat
Msg: 8
view profile
History
do usernames put you off? Page 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I have occasionally wondered what impression my username might give...

I didn't give it a great deal of thought when registering, it's actually the name of a song I happened to be listening to at the time.

Personally I don't pay that much attention to usernames.
 jaqi
Msg: 9
view profile
History
do usernames put you off?
Posted: 4/18/2012 12:47:59 PM
Do user names put me off ? A fair number have!

Anything negative or with words like lonely, lonesome, cuddles, kind hearted, genuine etc etc included!
 NicolaSeven
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2012 2:34:56 PM

... it took me 12 attempts to come up with a name that hadnt been taken i was ready to give up and go elsewhere .lol

I almost always like your posts, you are direct and say what you want to say.. so from a forum point of view I would look out for what you do ie if you have started a thread or were the last poster.. I would click on that particular thread...

However.. (if your male counterpart had sent me mail) I would probably disregard it totally on your user name..

(Ihope you appreciate this is not aimed directly at you, just at the use of this type of user name..)

Ugh.. no emoticons to lighten the mood?

Guess what this one is then..

(-.(-.(-.(-.-).-).-).-)
 NicolaSeven
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2012 2:44:08 PM

not sure what you mean there

neither do I..
 *rem*
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2012 3:20:27 PM

Anything negative or with words like lonely, lonesome, cuddles, kind hearted, genuine etc etc included!

I thought genuine/kind/warm hearted was one of the suggested defaults. If i ignored every woman with that as a tagline 50% would be gone! Princess is a real no no but other than that i'm not bothered. Names could refer to almost anything so why try to work someone out you never spoke to?Btw Rem is my name.. kinda.. Not a band or a stage of sleep etc etc
 *rem*
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2012 5:10:58 PM
Your parents called you Lucipher?
 SubtitlesRequired
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 4/19/2012 1:37:34 PM
A username is nothing off putting, The persons character is the be all and end all. :)
 MsSunshine60
Msg: 24
Posted: 4/20/2012 7:27:07 AM
On other sites they have done. Especially names that include the number "69" - always thinks it lacks a imagination, and the user mostly comes across as rather childish. Not an attractive trait if the user is over 50...in my opinion.
 gemini_lady_uk
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2012 5:14:12 PM
Ummmm Alandi, your user name is Alandi_Ruals - you have just given out your log in details to anyone that fancy's using it to log in under your name. It only takes a user name and login to access someones account. Unless you have only given part of your login it might be a good idea to change your log-in.
 gemini_lady_uk
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2012 5:19:41 PM
I think the bit about stealing the idea from his boss kind of gave it away - although fair enough, there are probably dozens of star war related names that could be used
 F4FFER
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 4/27/2012 10:03:06 AM
I avoid any with "princess" or "babe" in...
 ControlledFolly
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 4/27/2012 11:13:42 AM
I dont like 69 names, but i do check they were born on that year to be sure. I did see a name thats a euphemism for female genitalia that is very localised to a small area so i did ask her if she was local, and warned her she might attract a few coice mails because of it.

Names with xXx in or variations of i avoid especially with a 69 and duckface or top down apsect cleavage shot. Ill look at the photo and enjoy but i wont take her seriously.

And as mentioned princess is to be avoided at all costs, to me it means spoiled and high maintenance. Might f8ck them but i wont take them seriously.

Oh yes forgot to add anything thats linked to a celebrity like 'andrefan' etc. if thats acceptable then i reserve the right to change my username to ilovelindalusardistits.
 DAFT_DOG
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 4/28/2012 2:42:27 PM
i rarely read too much into a username, because thats all it is, a made up name, my own originated from my dog (long story), but, at least i never had that frustrating old crap ..."that name has been taken" hahaha :O)
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >