Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Best response for this situation...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Thnuggaboo
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Best response for this situation...Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Thank you again for the replies. Just needed some impartial thoughts. Very much appreciated.
 Dili_gent
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Best response for this situation...
Posted: 4/21/2012 10:19:39 PM
If a B.O.B. is a battery operated boyfriend.

Is a H.A.G. a hand actuated girlfriend?
 nubeginnings64
Msg: 19
Posted: 4/22/2012 8:27:37 AM
Many I've dated were out of the dating game as well & tell me they chose to put their efforts into parenting. Worked for me. I don't think it's necessary to say anything more if just dating.
 TuMuchFun
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 4/22/2012 10:39:33 PM
I don't give a rats ass what someone has done or not done in terms of a relationship form the last 5 years as long as their not married, not recently released from prison for murdering or dis-membering an old spouse or boy friend or a complete whack job. I'm more concerned about the next 5 years.
 mjinict
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2012 7:28:40 AM
I remember meeting a group at a bar after being divorced for like 10 years and a guy made a comment that made me feel weird about not having remarried since, like it was an odd thing....It's not unusual for being single or not dating for any length of time. It's better to have long stretches alone than multiple marriages or relationships.
 VoxClamantis
Msg: 22
Level off the sarcasm
Posted: 4/23/2012 8:03:19 AM
Contrary to women's beliefs, most men do not find sarcasm or abrasiveness in a woman all that attractive. I think it's because women DO find it attractive IN men that they tend to believe it is attractive TO men.

Just don't give any reason. If you find a man who you want to be intimate with, tell him

"I was around a lot of men, but none of them made the cut. You do."

That'll be pretty damned irresistible. A man wants a woman who is easy for him to land, but difficult for anyone else.
 mjinict
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Level off the sarcasm
Posted: 4/23/2012 6:42:51 PM
^^^Exactly. It may be old fashioned, but it says more for a person's character to be choosey than to have a succession of relationships, IMO. Definatly nothing to be embarrased about. Don't agree that women find sarcasm attractive in men though.
 DAFT_DOG
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Level off the sarcasm
Posted: 4/24/2012 1:15:54 AM
The bottom line here, is you disclose what you feel comfy with a particular person knowing about you,

myself, i hav`nt had sex since my last relationship almost five years ago, and you know what ?...the world didnt grind to a halt !, nothing came crashing down about my shoulders !...the good lord gave us masturbation to pass the time in between partners, sure, it isnt QUITE the same hahaha, but, it beats sitting there looking down between your legs and thinking..what the hell do i do with that thing ! hahahaha :O)
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Best response for this situation...