Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 nonchalantgal
Msg: 267
You are Hot!!!Page 10 of 43    (3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43)
one message every three months?! never heard of that
 Rob3444
Msg: 270
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/1/2012 1:37:18 PM
I have a feeling the OP just loves 13 pages about hotness. LOL
 statemachine500
Msg: 271
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/1/2012 2:51:54 PM

You aren't even hot to begin with, learn to accept a compliment wow... what an uptight b...

Neither are you,keep your shirt on lol.
 BelleSouriante
Msg: 272
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/1/2012 3:52:16 PM
I totally agree!
 cooldog65
Msg: 273
view profile
History
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/1/2012 6:03:41 PM

When a guy tells me that I usually take it as a compliment. I don't see anything wrong with being seen as hot if they are sincere about it. It seems a bit mean to just cut a guy off because he complimented you...

Ahhh...yes! I like what you said and you are hot!
 Mr_Celibate
Msg: 274
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/1/2012 6:11:12 PM

one message every three months?! never heard of that

The "hot" crowd is oblivious to life in Siberia.
 Meems919
Msg: 275
Hot Mamas and Papas?
Posted: 5/1/2012 7:06:56 PM
this:

You aren't even hot to begin with, learn to accept a compliment wow... what an uptight b...

XombieSlayer , does your Mom still do your laundry?
Is she Hot?

LOL

aaaahahahahahahah
 Confuzzled4ever
Msg: 276
Hot Mamas and Papas?
Posted: 5/1/2012 7:16:32 PM
I don't like that.. text me a picture request. I think i previously said the opposite.. but I got that today.. and was totally turned off by it. I just want to be respected for who I am, not what I look like. I guess I am used to that. The last few guys I dated, while they did compliment me, were never disrespectful.. and they like me for my mind. They do think I am hot, but they don't greet a woman like that.
 jdj7272
Msg: 278
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/1/2012 8:54:35 PM
It wouldnt bother me but I guess thats the difference between men and women.

I would never open with that but you clearly state that you were texting "for a while" before he said it. If it offends you it offends you, thats not wrong or right, no need to justify it.

I remember a talk show a while back that covered this subject and when a man told a woman he just met that she was hot it made her feel great and they had better chemistry on the date than with men who didnt use the H-word, maybe you should blame Tyra!
 nonchalantgal
Msg: 279
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/1/2012 10:30:25 PM
Hahahaha I love reading the threads! It is the main reason why I come on this site
 kcomfort0001
Msg: 280
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/1/2012 10:47:06 PM
I personally think they should take it as a compliment.. men don't do it to offend you and they always admire a woman more who can give them a simple thank you regardless how many times you've heard it or not. We took in time to acknowledge you and unfortunately being online that's one of the few things you can actually portray as a quality. Women are funny creatures though you can't even have a conversation with them without them thinking whether this is a line or that is a line, or even buy them a drink at a bar without them thinking you have some motive behind doing so.

Interesting to say the least.
 BLoNde__ANgeL
Msg: 281
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/2/2012 6:45:56 AM
Don't get mad- get even...last year a guy in here wrote me similar emails, so I asked him to text me a pic of his "winky"- he did, I showed it to some friends & we had a laugh...he was so proud of his wee-wee...well, right, it was "wee" LOL! I deleted it (the pic, not the wee-wee) after we had our laugh & never had anything to do w/ him ever again...
 Rob3444
Msg: 282
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/2/2012 8:00:42 AM
@ BlondAngel
So you took the time to get a guy you don't like to send you a pic of his penis, then you and your friends looked at it laughed. Sorry but the thought of that is sooooo blonde. You would have to write him back to say you did this and reap your revenge. lol
 Fleuron
Msg: 283
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/2/2012 10:00:06 AM

Sorry but the thought of that is sooooo blonde.

Not really.

Wee penises are funny, especially when attached to huge egos.

I would have texted back, ‘Where’s the rest of it?’
 Capn_America
Msg: 284
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/2/2012 10:05:58 AM
Wee penises are funny, especially when attached to huge egos.

I would have texted back, ‘Where’s the rest of it?’

What, that's IT? My aunt used to set up meetings with those guys under other nicknames, pretending she was an 18 year old girl. Guys would get all excited and show up, only to end up face to face with 52 year old cop of an aunt.... LOL. She'd play the psycho cop card and get all "Your not going to leave are you?Cos I can find you...I just want a sight of it LIVE!" just to get the scare of God into them lol.
Made sunday dinners pretty interesting with her around to tell those stories

To Rob; Getting the pic in the first place (okay, she asked for it in the first place, but still, I'm more referring to those unsollicited ones, Hell, even I received some...) is behavior more akin to a 5 year old then a 18+ person. I used to moon the teacher too, for my defense, I was all of 9. Your supposed to kinda learn as you grow up, but the internet generation has produced a whole new line of stupid...

Even I'll laugh at a small wee wee...then throw up LOL.
 Rob3444
Msg: 285
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/2/2012 10:08:25 AM
Sorry just sounds like something adolescents would take the time to do.
I'm not for guys that talk dirty to women and are out of line, but women that take the time to get the pic then point and laugh is just something you don't expect from adults.
I wouldn't laugh at small minds either but what a turn off.
 purfectmeow
Msg: 286
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/2/2012 10:22:18 AM
I always seem to find a witty remark to verbal discretion's that make me laugh.
This is a dating site so we are all going to get our share of unwelcome advances.
Its our job to weed through the garden and find what is growing :)
 ThreadMasterB
Msg: 287
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/2/2012 10:24:54 AM
I got called kinda cute once so I told her kinda thanks.
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 288
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/2/2012 12:01:00 PM
nonchalantgirl:

<div class="quote">I don't see anything wrong with being seen as hot if they are sincere about it. It seems a bit mean to just cut a guy off because he complimented you...
Exactly! If it's woven into a normal email exchange process, what is wrong with it? Nothing! It's guilt by association, and stereotyping -- thinking that if a guy ever says you're hot before already met & having gotten to know you, he's just a pig who wants a one-night stand, and all he cares about is looks. WTF? lol

Confuzzled4ever:

<div class="quote">totally turned off by it. I just want to be respected for who I am, not what I look like.
Complimenting a woman's natural looks, fashion, earrings, overall looks, etc. doesn't mean they don't respect you for who you are. If he said your car was awesome, would you get mad and say "I want to be respected for who I am! Not by the car I drive!" ? :)

JoeMunch:

<div class="quote">Men are visual.
So are women. They're not blind. :) And yes, they find men hot, and looks is a part of things. And it affects their overall choice just like guys. Studies have shown that men care more about a woman's success/job moreso than they say, and women care more about a guy's looks moreso than they say. Looks is a big thing for both sexes, and not the only thing for most in both sexes, even if there's more weight in looks for guys when it comes to relationship-hunting. It doesn't mean women don't care about looks. Oh yes. They do. Saying you're attractive, hot, cute, great smile, etc. -- doesn't mean they're ignoring the profile.

You're suffering from guilt by association: Because guys who ONLY care about looks and serial dating (and yes, there are many) will likely compliment a woman's looks, doesn't mean if you compliment a woman's looks that you're "that guy". If that's the ONLY thing he says, is a short sentence like that, that's not good IF the profile was fruitful and can generate real inquiries. But of course, this thread isn't about the initial message -- but during the process of email exchanges, it's mentioned.

In the end though, I think this thread proves that the safer route is not to say she's hot. Even if she's not passively or outright turned off, you can still be "just another guy" doing that, and not being different by not complimenting her looks.
 catalina_view
Msg: 289
Mixed messages from females
Posted: 5/2/2012 12:34:30 PM
^^Maybe she's referring to her hot flashes.
 JoseMadre
Msg: 290
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/2/2012 3:25:05 PM
If one is looking for more than a superficial relationship, "You are hot." is not the best way to begin. My assumption is that the person views you as a piece of meat.
 HeartOn64
Msg: 292
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/2/2012 4:45:31 PM

If one is looking for more than a superficial relationship, "You are hot." is not the best way to begin.
My assumption is that the person views you as a piece of meat.

And that simply means they are sexually attracted to you.
Would you rather have a "deep" relationship
without any sexual attraction? I wouldn't.
 kpete73
Msg: 293
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/2/2012 7:09:26 PM
Take it as a compliment.
 Meems919
Msg: 294
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/2/2012 7:15:34 PM
I think we should go back to the beginning and re-state everything in another way, just to get more perspective on this vital topic.
 Rob3444
Msg: 295
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/2/2012 8:20:56 PM
This is just so funny still going on. The OP will in a couple years look at this as the good old days when men still thought she was hot. lol
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >