Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Capn_America
Msg: 325
You are Hot!!!Page 12 of 43    (3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43)
When someone tells me I'm hot, I usually respond with "I know". Instantly I become a prick, and laugh like the devil himself
 Infinity_G
Msg: 326
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/8/2012 9:44:15 AM

Thank you for your opinion. Most of them will say, I would like to meet you "because you are hot" , that's where I start to back off.

There are different ways people say to a woman that they find them attractive, this is one of many.....I have to say, you in that blue dress....would probably make even ME feel a little hot under the collar. I simply love the color BLUE on a woman. ;)

But, me being 40, I wouldn't use the word "hot", since that's usually uttered by guys thata re college aged...but more along the lines of "You're very attractive and have a great smile."
 TTM315
Msg: 328
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/8/2012 10:06:17 AM
But, me being 40, I wouldn't use the word "hot", since that's usually uttered by guys thata re college aged...but more along the lines of "You're very attractive and have a great smile."

There you go......MUCH better!
 Capn_America
Msg: 329
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/8/2012 10:11:24 AM
You're very attractive and have a great smile."

But that's so wussy wuss...
Gotta make it more 2012.
"I want to bang your azz so much, you'll feel like you got trampled by an elephant and you'll have your ears ringning from hearing yourself scream" or something

*bows down to everyone, with a big Elvis voice*

Thank you, Thank you ver' much.
 gtr1025
Msg: 331
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/8/2012 10:32:40 AM
Gotta make it more 2012.
"I want to bang your azz so much, you'll feel like you got trampled by an elephant and you'll have your ears ringning from hearing yourself scream" or something

To funny!
 musical_turtle
Msg: 332
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/8/2012 11:28:51 AM
No,I don't find it insulting.
A compliment is a compliment..I say 'thank you' and that's it. There's no need to analyze
or question someone who is just being nice =). By questioning a compliment...
that could possibly indicate a lack of confidence from the receiving end...that the person
doesn't consider themselves 'sexy','cute','hot','beautiful' etc.
 ThusSpokeZarathustra
Msg: 333
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/8/2012 11:42:32 AM

By questioning a compliment...
that could possibly indicate a lack of confidence from the receiving end...that the person
doesn't consider themselves 'sexy','cute','hot','beautiful' etc.

A quick glance at the photos of some of these old trouts who are so offended by this would probably prove your theory to be correct.
 TTM315
Msg: 334
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/8/2012 3:47:38 PM
Like I said total lack of maturity....I am sweet,beautiful,smart and sexy as hell but if a guy that doesn't know me says I am HOT I know he wants only sex....been there ,done that,experience of many years! Name calling again shows a lack of maturity....someome 40 something should know better!! Tells us all what kind of human being you are...
 yassina
Msg: 335
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/8/2012 3:56:22 PM
I dont mind a man saying that after where talking , I get tired of getting message from random people who , say Hey sexy sup , or can I Get your number sexy ? to me thats saying your intrested in one thing . But after I start talking I dont mind a man showing intrest , but please do it after you say hello and intriduce yourself lol
 Fleuron
Msg: 337
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/8/2012 5:43:14 PM

He made his point.

You'll get it eventually.

I can see why you need to rely on juvenile clichés.

Weren’t you supposed to be banging Bea Arthur by now?
 motown_cowgirl
Msg: 338
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/8/2012 5:56:26 PM
LMAO at this thread, just reading the last 2 pages.
Back to the OP who must be reeling by now.....

If some guy says that to you, the absolute last thing on his mind was to "insult" you.
Did you not realize that?? Look up "intent" in the good ol' Oxford D.

I think if you want to perceive his comment as gauche dare I say low brow, that's certainly your perogative. I realize not everyone will swoon over such banal and mawkish comments from the hoi polloi. I'm sorta with ya there. Your new profile headline: "Stop telling me I'm hot".

But if you actually want to suggest that you were insulted by such a remark, then I think you need to remove the 9-inch stick from the royal posterior.
 thepigofyourdreams
Msg: 339
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/8/2012 6:25:02 PM

I can see why you need to rely on juvenile clichés.

Perhaps you can lead me down the road to heightened maturity and uniqueness? I'm sure it's paved with animated emoticons, yes?

Weren’t you supposed to be banging Bea Arthur by now?

Bea was but a mere flavor of the week. It is currently Janet Reno I'm wanting to pork.
 Fleuron
Msg: 340
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/8/2012 6:32:32 PM

Perhaps you can lead me down the road to heightened maturity and uniqueness? I'm sure it's paved with animated emoticons, yes?

You’re just jealous you don’t know the codes.

Janet suits you. I'm sure she'll overlook your limited communication skills.
 thepigofyourdreams
Msg: 341
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/8/2012 6:38:51 PM

Janet suits you. I'm sure she'll overlook your limited communication skills.

Ah, you mean the ones I've applied to keep you responding?

Oooh, you really got me there.
 cap_n_mORGAN
Msg: 343
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/8/2012 10:12:18 PM

Gotta make it more 2012.

*bows down to everyone, with a big Elvis voice*

Thank you, Thank you ver' much

My newest one is...."I'm going to call you pinky toe.....Cause I know I am going to bang you on every piece of furniture in my house before we are through"

Disclaimer this is meant as a joke if it offends you.....Please go buy a sense of humor.
 Rob3444
Msg: 344
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/8/2012 10:13:37 PM
I like to say "Hey baby doll, you are one sexy little firecracker, come sit on daddy's knee". I suppose that's also a no no.
Just kidding but this is one "hot" thread and at least we all have learned something.
 adora71
Msg: 345
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/8/2012 11:15:42 PM
Funny thread about a funny topic. It is hard to know when a man is complimenting to get laid or is complimenting because they just want to let you know how much they like you.

But just imagine a guy saying something like, "I normally only date hot girls, but you're smart." Doesn't really make you want to rip your clothes off, does it?
 TheSuese
Msg: 346
view profile
History
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/9/2012 2:35:27 AM
lawl. I can see how this goes

Le nice guy: "Geeze.. I hate to say it but you're actually pretty hot in that picture"
Le her: "UHG, I can't believe you'd say that! HOW RUDE!"

Le idiot: "'sup beeaatch whats goin' down yo?"
Le her: "I'm so glad you appreciate ME."
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 347
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/9/2012 2:50:21 AM
I still don't know why a majority of men here think that the alternative to saying this would be to say something else instead of saying nothing at all.

If someone's hot, by all means - appreciate it. If they are hideous, take note and move on. Why comment?
 me00004
Msg: 348
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/9/2012 5:05:41 AM
I agree with you
 Capn_America
Msg: 349
Yawn
Posted: 5/9/2012 5:45:54 AM

Uh.... wow?

16 pages of bickering about the acceptance of a compliment or not.

Astounding what evolution has done for humans.

You've obviously never waited in line in a department store on the day all the Welfare people get their checks.
THEN you can get a glance at what evolution has done for humans.....
 motown_cowgirl
Msg: 350
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/9/2012 6:57:20 AM
I still don't know why a majority of men here think that the alternative to saying this would be to say something else instead of saying nothing at all.

The majority of men think that if they can say the right thing in the right way and repeat it in different ways exactly the right number of times (but not too many!), then a woman will eventually do what he wants her to do. Many find it extraordinarily difficult to *not* say anything; it's more like a reflex and less like something they actually thought about rationally. I can sorta understand that... they are always verbally high 5-ing each other over dumb shit like football, so why wouldn't they verbally high 5 a woman if they wanted to reach the goal that is between her legs? Why else do you think there are at least 53 new plaintive cries from them here every day…. What's wrong with my profile??!? Why will no one will answer my emails?!??!

Ad nauseam, ad infinitum.
LOL
 Capn_America
Msg: 351
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/9/2012 9:15:09 AM

to me "you"re HOT" is UNCREATIVE.

To me, "you"re HOT" is something you say to a frying pan. While swearing.

thepigofyourdreams
Msg: 352
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/9/2012 9:26:43 AM
This thread is the Jason Voorhies of the POF Forums. Just when you think it's dead, it comes back to life yet again.
 Fleuron
Msg: 353
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/9/2012 9:30:56 AM

Ah, you mean the ones I've applied to keep you responding?

Asking me a question was very clever of you. You lured me right into your web, you sneaky guy. Yet you keep responding to me.

Now you better lie down for a while to recover.

WomanInProgress:

Yes, and that something else is inevitably rude and childish. It’s as if making a mature comment is simply beyond comprehension for some guys.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >