Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Capn_America
Msg: 383
You are Hot!!!Page 14 of 43    (3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43)
@ Capn So Bond was not afraid to slap a woman around? Are you implying that it's wrong to slap them around just before mounting them? Wheres the fun in sex if that's the case?

Oh no, DURING is quite okay. Problems tend to arise when you slap them in Non-Sexual circumstances. Jail cells, lawsuits, taser discharges, you know, the works...
But seriously, the character was a 40's-50's character, back then it wasn't seen as an issue to "slap some sense into a woman". At least that's what the books suggest.
Even Sean Connery got busted on the news once for saying something similar LOL.
 thepigofyourdreams
Msg: 384
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/11/2012 9:30:16 AM
Yes, I seem to recall some controversy about him expressing his opinion during a Barbara Walters interview that it was acceptable to smack a woman once in a while.

Coincidentally, I was named after Sean Connery.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 385
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/11/2012 9:34:40 AM

do you think they are break dealers

Is this along the lines of a "break dancer"? I'm confused.
 thepigofyourdreams
Msg: 387
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/11/2012 10:10:25 AM
How about some PIG-Latin?!?!?!
 Fleuron
Msg: 388
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/11/2012 10:46:46 AM

I can play the fartbox, too

I wonder how much Capn_America would pay to see that?

OP, you probably have a long list of deal breakers after reading this thread. : )
 Capn_America
Msg: 389
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/11/2012 10:51:03 AM

I wonder how much Capn_America would pay to see that?

Oh, I've been too busy peeing myself in laughter in most of the threads I've seen since this morning to actually think about payment lol.
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 390
Not enough info to answer properly
Posted: 5/11/2012 2:16:10 PM
"after a while" . . . of "chat/text whatever" ... they say, "You are Hot" ... TOO little information to form a proper opinion of this compliment, as to whether it is misplaced.

Very well put.

First: It's NOT a first-message, people! Some people on the thread can't get it through their heads. This isn't about an initial contact message of "You're Hot", or anything close to that. It's after a while.

Second: It could be just fine, it could be out of place. Depends on the context of it. The OP obviously points out she doesn't like that in and of itself in just about any context.

It wasn't only one he said that, they were few of them or more clear in the last few weeks they were 3 of them.

So through *3 weeks* of chatting/conversing (which is too long of a time before meeting btw), he said that *3 times*. OMG! Run for the hills! If he compliments your earrings he must just be interested in those! If he compliments your beauty, that's all he's interested in! Run! (notice sarcasm of course)

Lighten up. Seriously. He most likely didn't have good 'game' by saying that even a few times over even a lengthy timespan. Fine. Insulting, tho? OP, *you* are the one obsessed about it, not him, if over 3 weeks it was said merely 3 times.
 Rob3444
Msg: 391
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/11/2012 9:53:23 PM

To me sounds the same break dealers, deal breakers, no need to be clever, English is not my first language, maybe you should try another language

OK I admit I was a big joker on this one but now that we know that English is not Anita's first language, I would say that changes a lot. Lets let it go and find someone else to pick on.
 tallmanenters
Msg: 392
Can I call you cute?
Posted: 5/11/2012 9:57:26 PM
When in presence of a hot woman don't make any sudden moves. Don't operate heavy machinery and sharp objects. Be yourself, and ignore her. She will start to try to 'figure you out', and then you say 'oh, you?'

Women are curious creatures with a lot of curiosity, but are individuals. Don't brush them with the same stroke, but keep in mind the fact that they are constantly curious. Especially about men.
 Fleuron
Msg: 393
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/12/2012 1:59:08 PM

This isn't about an initial contact message of "You're Hot", or anything close to that. It's after a while.

Okay, so it wasn’t an initial ‘ur hot’ message that could easily be deleted and forgotten. Really, that’s even worse.

They’ve been chatting for a while, and that’s the best he can do? He can’t pay her a ‘compliment’ that reflects their chats, like, you’re fun to chat with, you’re very insightful, you have a great sense of humor, etc? He can’t comment on her profile or shared interests or a million other things? After messaging for ‘a while’ he should have something more substantial to say.

If I was chatting with a guy in person and out of nowhere he says, ‘You’re hot’ I’d think he hadn’t heard anything I said, and that he has the maturity level of Beavis or Butthead.

It’s like being whistled at on the street…guys do that in groups or driving by from the safety of their vehicles, they don’t do that to your face. If a woman finds that flattering, that’s just really sad.
 cooldog65
Msg: 394
view profile
History
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/12/2012 5:28:56 PM

If I was chatting with a guy in person and out of nowhere he says, ‘You’re hot’ I’d think he hadn’t heard anything I said, and that he has the maturity level of Beavis or Butthead

Ooooo baby...come to Butthead!
 adora71
Msg: 397
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/13/2012 9:07:21 AM

@adora71. Thanks and I checked out your profile and we like the same music and you are so um what can I say oh ya attractive. How do you like Ontario?

Merci, Rob. But I like the island :)

Maybe we can start a thread with alternative ways to tell a woman she is hot so men will never be at a loss for words again?
 BensalemDoug
Msg: 399
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/13/2012 8:16:17 PM
Oh hell I got to say it.

Will somebody say I'm HOT?!?!?!
I promise not delete your post or hit the ignore button.
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 400
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/13/2012 8:22:07 PM

Okay, so it wasn’t an initial ‘ur hot’ message that could easily be deleted and forgotten.

Which is a totally different thing, more importantly.

They’ve been chatting for a while, and that’s the best he can do?

No, that's not the best I'm sure -- which is why the OP brought it up (and over-reactive feelings). It was thrown in there. Most women aren't going to flip out (assuming it wasn't in the worst context) or even get upset by any means, but regardless, yes, it's still not ideal game.

He can’t comment on her profile or shared interests or a million other things? After messaging for ‘a while’ he should have something more substantial to say.

I'm sure he did, to some okay degree at least, if they were chatting for 3 weeks. Again, it's something thrown in 3 times due to lengthy talking. I think chatting for 3 weeks before meeting is a reflection of how she handles things about guys and issues she has about meeting & sensitivity about potential red flags.

It’s like being whistled at on the street…guys do that in groups or driving by from the safety of their vehicles, they don’t do that to your face. If a woman finds that flattering, that’s just really sad.

LOL - Seriously? Amongst tons of chatter, a guy you've begun to know from a matchmaking site saying you're hot is like construction worker whistling? The context of it said depends on the level (or lack thereof) of flattery. It's completely different than a stranger on the street, if it's someone you've been chatting with on a matchmaking site. Again, not the best game to throw out staunch compliments (notably if the woman gets them frequently in the same environment), but come on. I think you're picturing it the same as "You're hot" as the only things said, ie without getting to know them... so by what you are saying, you're taking it much the same as an initial message (ie not getting to know them but just saying that).
 It_might_be_good_if_you
Msg: 401
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/13/2012 8:30:57 PM
Your ugly. Is that better?
 tallmanenters
Msg: 402
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/13/2012 9:10:22 PM
This thread itself is Hot!!!, I guess. The webs we weave...
 Fleuron
Msg: 403
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/14/2012 4:20:44 PM

LOL - Seriously? Amongst tons of chatter, a guy you've begun to know from a matchmaking site saying you're hot is like construction worker whistling?

Like I said, it would be worse because I’d begun a conversation with someone I’ve trusted at least enough to respond to and correspond with. And yes, the cheap feelings of being treated cheaply by men are very similar to me.

The context of it said depends on the level (or lack thereof) of flattery.

I’d say it depends more on the level of sincerity, which would mean he’d say something else if his intent was to offer a compliment. If I’m understanding your meaning correctly, you make it sound like he just slipped up with poor judgment, but he did it more than once. If he’s that lame three times I’d block him anyway for being a boring dud.

I think you're picturing it the same as "You're hot" as the only things said, ie without getting to know them... so by what you are saying, you're taking it much the same as an initial message (ie not getting to know them but just saying that).

Well, yeah…I don’t know what else they were discussing. But if it was intended as a sincere compliment (as opposed to a sexual comment) in the midst of a fun, enjoyable conversation, then I don’t think the OP would have been offended, do you?

In my personal experience, guys who’ve said that to me have been goons.
Men who catch my attention have a bit more goin on in the cranium.
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 404
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/14/2012 7:47:18 PM
it would be worse because I’d begun a conversation with someone I’ve trusted at least enough to respond to and correspond with. And yes, the cheap feelings of being treated cheaply by men are very similar to me.

I don't think someone violates trust by being blatant in a compliment after talking for a while.

I’d say it depends more on the level of sincerity, which would mean he’d say something else if his intent was to offer a compliment.

Yes, where it's placed, timing, etc., implies the sincerity or sarcasm. Of course, his level of sincerity I don't think it's in question. If he's talking for weeks with someone and throws that out, say, once a week -- I think he probably does think the girl is hot.

If I’m understanding your meaning correctly, you make it sound like he just slipped up with poor judgment, but he did it more than once

Well, it's not like he said something offensive. If he said something offensive, after the first time, that should be pointed out that she feels that way so he doesn't do it again. From my point of view, even though some women, when embedded in over-time conversations find it nice to hear, I don't think it's "good game" to throw out any blatant compliment... unless she expresses lonliness and has a poor self esteem and is fishing for one (but then again, a gal like that would be kind of a turn off). In a nutshell, throwing out blatant compliments right off the bat will turn many away... and within lengthy convo, or even on a first meetup/date, usually won't scare them run away, and can even bring on mild flattery, but mildly lessen the 'chase' and of being too easy a catch being said still a bit too soon. But that's a whole other story. In essence, playing it safe and not trying to shower a gal with flattery is the way to go.

But if it was intended as a sincere compliment (as opposed to a sexual comment) in the midst of a fun, enjoyable conversation, then I don’t think the OP would have been offended, do you?

People can be offended by a lot of things. Why didn't she call him out the first time if it was actually offensive to her? Especially if it's a mixed-review reaction by some women, so he kind of lays off that side of things? Saying "you're hot" isn't blatantly sexual. "Hot" is the same as "Gorgeous" -- the reaction should be the same. It's only sexual if mixed in with sexual talk. But then again, so is "Gorgeous" and "Beautiful", if it's after a comment like "I love your a$$ in that one photo... I'd love to hike up your skirt and do you know what! You are gorgeous/hot/beautiful!"
 RunningFool7
Msg: 405
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/14/2012 11:01:25 PM
Hmmm, that's a deal MAKER! Girls, you're more than welcomed to call me hot. LOL.
 trulyhawt
Msg: 407
Can I call you cute?
Posted: 5/15/2012 2:26:55 PM
thank you-- i know ;)
 MyHandsHurt
Msg: 408
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/15/2012 2:35:11 PM
If it's the first and only thing they say, then hit the delete button. I have done that. If it comes up with other things, than take the compliment. I have more problems with the following: Hey cutie :), How are you, Gorgeous! Get what I'm saying -- that's your big line? I had one guy comment on my mother. Delete.
 Fleuron
Msg: 409
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/15/2012 2:50:53 PM

I don't think someone violates trust by being blatant in a compliment after talking for a while.

I agree! Unfortunately OP didn’t think of it as a compliment.

Why didn't she call him out the first time if it was actually offensive to her?

Good question, I can’t answer that. I think many women could use assertiveness training and learn how to speak up for themselves.

"Hot" is the same as "Gorgeous" -- the reaction should be the same.

Really? I gotta disagree. ‘Hot’ makes me think of drooling razor-stubbled creeps in filthy holey wife-beaters with big beer guts and hairy arms and backs. ‘Gorgeous’ makes me think of tuxedos and champagne and Cary Grant. : )

And you know you can’t dictate other people’s reactions.

In essence, playing it safe and not trying to shower a gal with flattery is the way to go.

I agree, completely! : )

"I love your a$$ in that one photo... I'd love to hike up your skirt and do you know what! You are gorgeous/hot/beautiful!"

That’s something a woman likes to hear when she knows you much better, whispered in her ear.
 ThreadMasterB
Msg: 410
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/15/2012 2:58:57 PM
I just call all women Helen Kellerish and that seems to work for me
 thepigofyourdreams
Msg: 413
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/15/2012 4:06:38 PM

Oh yeah cause women have MAD game heh lol

Masters of compliments, and sweet talking heh.

Kinda like they all think they're not like other women

No kidding. I've seen the "I'm not your average woman'' claim in countless female profiles. It's funny how it's in the average woman's profile you'll see this.
 thepigofyourdreams
Msg: 416
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/15/2012 5:28:13 PM

Endless profiles with the heading "I'm looking for a Good (hearted) man"

"Tired of the games!"
"I GIVE UP!!!!!!!!!!!" (yet their account remains active)
"Players need not apply!!!" (as if this is going to act as a deterrent to a player)

Meems, you are anything but average. There are chicks my age who would beat up a nun to look like you.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >