Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SONNI100
Msg: 477
You are Hot!!!Page 17 of 43    (3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43)
I find it disrespectful as H3ll. To those thinking that at my age I should just be glad it gets said at all, walk a few miles in my shoes first ~~
 _mr_brown
Msg: 478
view profile
History
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/22/2012 10:44:56 AM
this is why i rarely pay women any compliments...never know how they are going to take them.
 Daskate
Msg: 479
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/22/2012 11:19:44 AM
Wow, the thread that won't die; 20+ pages of hotness and growing. I guess judging by this thread that the word hot should only be used when talking about food (temperature or Scoville scale), environmental conditions and by those in the medical profession when it relates to people, though I doubt that they'd use the word hot they'd probably say you have an elevated temperature.

Here is an example of why the word should not be used (this is what happens to you when you are hot):

http://www. huffingtonpost .com/2012/05/22/ lauren-odes-native-intimates-fired_n_1535498 .html
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 480
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/22/2012 11:27:17 AM
first off, agree wholeheartedly with WIP that saying how we feel does not mean we crave or hate whatever said intent was... yesterday I got half a dozen comments on my shoes; five of them LOVED them and wanted to know where I got them; one of them called them outright stripper shoes.

Did I like the shoes more because they made some people happy and like them less because they made someone else turned off? Nope. Differents strokes for different folks. I wear them because they make me happy; I am someone who compliments and likes people to feel good and I frequently compliment people on things, so I try and take things in the spirit in which they are given when either me or something I'm wearing is complimented as well.

Jesus! So many delusional people in here. Not to be a****but many of you here need a wake up call. With faces like yours you should be happy as a child that someone calls you hot.....

And then you wonder why you can never find someone.....

speaking of the one out of half dozen... LOL; I love this. I guess the fact that as women we are trying to convey when things said by guys are taken certain ways to help guys understand how SOME women interpret them means we are convinced of our own hotness and we are "all that"... I love this. Being in this thread does not mean we consider ourselves hot; it means that when we hear it in certain instances; these are the feelings that it engenders. This is a helping guys understand women's point of view thread. But I love the automatic assumption of this poster that he needs to shoot down any self confidence of the deluded. By the way though... in real life I am called hot or f**ing sexy way more than pretty, attractive or whatever; and it is not because of my face. It's because of how I'm built. Am I happy as a child to hear it? Getting told people have wet dreams about you is not a turnon. I appreciate nice kind people; but someone who sounds like a sailor in heat, whether I think I "deserve" to hear I'm hot at all. Sorry if I'm not sufficiently grateful since I'm according to you one of the deluded should be embarrassed to show my face in public women who way overrate ourselves :) Do I think I'm hot? No; I'm just me. Some people like me, some don't, and I am totally cool either way. Do I EVER need to hear it? Nope. But would I walk up to a stranger and insult him on my perception of his found wanting face or body? Nope. Because part of actual attractiveness is attitude; and that attitude isn't hot to me at all. It's a total and complete turnoff. I don't see their appearance. I only see ugly.

I love how much projection you see in here... really does speak volumes about the mentality of the occasional posters who feel the need to give their perspective of how we "should" feel.

I guess I'm lucky now that I have been set straight so that I can ignore the people I frequently do hear from in real life that seem to see me different than that poster sees me and can know they're delusional too (even though I never said I was hot; only how I feel when I hear it and why to the guys who honestly do want to hear our POV so they can understand better how things are taken by we women); I now see myself in a new light; and will have the proper disdain for myself; and will be childishly grateful for any crumb of appreciation regardless of how coarsely it is expressed... appreciate the wakeup call :)

wow... just wow.. bemused rant over. Though actually it IS kind of funny... "this is a public service announcement"...

(as for the finding someone; do you really think a woman wants to be "found" by the people who literally strip her with their eyes while talking about what they want to do to certain body parts at length without knowing anything about her at all? Seriously?)

THAT is what we're supposed to be pathetically graeful to be offered? Sorry... different strokes, different folks.
 cashleys
Msg: 481
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/23/2012 12:48:52 AM
I am always glad to get compliments. I prefer that not be the first thing they say on a message to me online though.
 dearsavannah
Msg: 482
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/23/2012 12:51:47 AM
I find it flattering. As long as they don't say it over and over again, that gets annoying and then I may be a little insulted. For example, having a pleasant conversation with someone and they say "I'm so sorry, and maybe this is too blunt, but you are extremely hot." and I said "Haha, thank you, you're not too shabby yourself." that's fine. But then to bring it up every five damn minutes. No. Not cool. Annoying.

But somebody just saying it once or twice... and then not liking/ignoring them... that's a bit harsh.
 What_He_Said
Msg: 483
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/23/2012 9:37:10 AM
OP: I guess that depends on the particulars of people, demographic and context. For some its' part and parcel of the flirting process. For others it's another dude hitting on a lady with only one thing in mind.

A compliment or something crude....Which is it? Can't say for sure. Not that any other answer that anyone else gives is right or wrong, but from what you described about you and the ordinary chatter/banter followed by.....you are hot it might be a tad of a disappointment and is simply another guy hitting on a gal seeing who he will be lucky with in short order.

So you could side step things by saying something like " I'm flattered but ease up there" so he gets a clear message. If he continues then you have a better idea of what's going through his head. If he tones things down or otherwise respects you wishes, then go go from there.

No real way to get around it. Part of the system set up. Even if you did indicate so on your profile, do you think that would stop a clever or determined guy?

Best of luck
 MutedEnthusiasm
Msg: 485
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/23/2012 8:07:44 PM

Meems919: I'm so incredibly hot that unless someone writes me a check accompanying what can only be a lame compliment in comparison to my awesome hotness, then I have them killed.

Could I get the spelling on the last name please?
 Smoothchill
Msg: 486
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/23/2012 9:27:54 PM
I would concur you have a bit of a problem there my dear.
 d2327h
Msg: 487
Called Hot but nothing to burn?
Posted: 5/23/2012 9:44:13 PM
"What would you do?
Stay single for life?

Or . . . . . . COMPROMISE?"

I wouldn't stay single but people can be taught or become so frustrated they give up.

"I don't feel hot...my temp says I'm 98.6." "I've got the air conditioner running and I feel fine. Maybe you are hot?"

I don't mind hearing it provided it's not the very first thing they've ever said to me (first impression) or they say it over and over and over like a creep. That's definitely something to say when you've gotten to know someone better.
 tallmanenters
Msg: 488
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/23/2012 11:13:33 PM
Fleuron, what do you think anyway? You and me. Send me a message. You'll have a rocking time. You can tell me to **** off to my face. What are the disadvantages? I'll relax my restrictions. It is a win/win situation.
 spiffykatt
Msg: 489
view profile
History
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/24/2012 2:19:10 AM
personally,i would love a gentleman to email me and say,you look like the type of woman who does her own income tax:)take notes guys.this is the type of compliment that makes the ladies swoon.lol
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 491
Posted: 5/24/2012 4:46:47 AM

Imagine . . . . suddenly realizing that your circumstances in life only puts you in the position of meeting men that use the term "You're Hot!"

I'd need to make some changes, then - if this is the case. My circumstances would have to be adjusted.

What would you do?
Stay single for life?

Or . . . . . . COMPROMISE?

1. Single for life isn't so terrible. It's often described (on this site, especially) like it's a form of punishment. Why is this?
2. If I change my circumstances, I'd probably no longer have to deal with it as much, so those options would change.
3. "Compromise" in this case depends on how bad I want to pair off - who is this compromise benefiting? I'm OK with staying single, so I guess I'd be doing it for someone else.

I'm totally OK with single for life if I don't ever meet someone that has things I want - and I'm not really into those who would date someone they aren't into just to avoid being single - especially if I'm part of the equation.
 MonroePresley
Msg: 493
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/24/2012 8:26:42 AM
I actually do think its a deal breaker, depending on the way they say it because if they could not even say hello before saying that to you i think its disrespectful. Also it shows me what they are here for (not everyone for dating) . I jusr ignore the message and move on.
 Helloitsmeyourlookingfor
Msg: 494
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/24/2012 9:23:08 AM
However, when you put pictures on your profile like yours.... what response are you soliciting?????

I mean come on... really??? At least the OP wasn't trying to look like some Craigslist Bot when she complained about getting those advances.

You deserve to get those types of responses.

ok rant over.
 good_catch77
Msg: 495
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/24/2012 9:40:17 AM

No offense, but I suggest maybe there are other reasons. Like, they are just not interested.

That seems to be the hardest thing for guys to accept on here.

^^^ And women too!!!
 Fleuron
Msg: 496
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/24/2012 9:48:17 AM

No offense, but I suggest maybe there are other reasons. Like, they are just not interested.

That seems to be the hardest thing for guys to accept on here.

^^^ And women too!!!

Some, maybe. But if you don’t think the whiney men outnumber the women, you need to check out some of the other forums on here.

Fleuron, what do you think anyway? You and me. Send me a message. You'll have a rocking time. You can tell me to **** off to my face. What are the disadvantages? I'll relax my restrictions. It is a win/win situation.

Bring it. Message me, I double dare you.
 theforumfiend
Msg: 498
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/24/2012 1:23:19 PM

I double dare you.

fleuron, I may be wrong, but I believe the correct term is "I double dog dare you".

You guys just don't get it. "You're Hot" is overused to the point of ridiculousness. Even I get those that from men - younger, same age and older. Really? I meant it - really?
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 499
Posted: 5/24/2012 5:12:24 PM

To previous poster:
What about children and a family?

To Frankiesinatra22:

I don't know, what ABOUT children and a family? I don't get the question.

However, when you put pictures on your profile like yours.... what response are you soliciting?????

I mean come on... really??? At least the OP wasn't trying to look like some Craigslist Bot when she complained about getting those advances.

You deserve to get those types of responses.

Once again - if you find a woman to be hot, trampy, unattractive or anything else, that's totally fine. Thinking that you then need to voice TO HER any of that thought process is not only unsolicited, it's irrelevant. No one deserves to be told anything about what someone thinks if they didn't ask. If you absolutely have to say something to someone, call a friend.
 dvincent1979
Msg: 501
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/24/2012 5:24:03 PM
I think people only have a problem with it if they know you're lying.....or think you are.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 503
Posted: 5/24/2012 5:47:59 PM

To womaninprogress:

You said you'd be ok single for the rest of your life. My question was what is your view on children and family? Do you want those things? I guess you wouldn't.

No, I don't - however I know plenty of men and women who are single that have kids/a family (to me they are one in the same), so not being on a mission to pair off to me isn't connected with that. If you want kids badly enough, there are ways to accomplish that.
 1388SmartBlonde
Msg: 506
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/25/2012 12:01:44 AM
My profile says, "You are hot" and "You're sexy" emails will be deleted without response and they are. To me, all that says is "I am thinking with my little head and not my big one". It is sounds like something an eigth grader with a chubby would say. Pass.
 Bikada
Msg: 507
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/25/2012 1:07:11 AM
Ladies I think if you don't want to attract guys who think you are hot you could tweak your profile pictures. Lose the seductive poses and cleavage close ups. Its like throwing gas on burning embers. Save the seduction for the guy you meet and really like. I'm just sayin'......
 cooldog65
Msg: 508
view profile
History
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/25/2012 8:20:59 AM
^^^^^
Don't spoil my fun...I click for cleavage!
 OutofControlMan
Msg: 509
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/25/2012 8:59:46 AM
OK from now on I will tell women : "you are so NOT hot!"

I'm sure they will appreciate that so much more.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >